Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Whoa whoa whoa, a Gabrielle Giffords joke? Ballsy, VB. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

The venture brothers are becoming way too competent...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Holy poo poo Hank joining Sphinx.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

Helper's back to normal! This show just keeps being amazing. I'm so glad it's back.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Hank even did the Christian Bale Batman voice. I'm so glad this is back.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
New shirt of the week is up!

http://www.titmousestuff.com/collections/venture-bros-2013-shirt-club/products/venture-bros-shirt-club-no-3-u-r-g-h

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
This was a great episode and their actually moving the show forward in a kind of cool direction, the kids couldn't stay that way forever.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Awesome episode, but I hope we find out more about Sgt. Vatred's past. Tonight was a big tease in that regard.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

thats an awesome shirt

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Hank's definitely been competent before, like in the episode where he tries to join Sphinx but they just try to give him impossible tasks which he keeps acing.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Doc's really gotten good at reviving the dead these days.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

I am so glad I bought the subscription. Although part of me really wanted a The Bat shirt.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

He hasn't gotten the brainwave to start recruiting yet. He's still in 'useful cog'/henchman mode.

Knowing Gary, though - he'd probably recruit at local Ren Faires and comic conventions. I can see it now:

"Dude, who smells like poo poo?" *sniffs everybody* "You! Recruit Roose Bolton, why do you smell like poo poo?"

"My mom hasn't done my laundry this week, sir!"

"Y...*facepalms*...UNACCEPTABLE! From now on you're to be known as Recruit Reek!"

In retrospect, holy poo poo

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Very happy I signed up for the subscription, can't wait for my Venturestein Guevara shirt.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

He hasn't gotten the brainwave to start recruiting yet. He's still in 'useful cog'/henchman mode.

Knowing Gary, though - he'd probably recruit at local Ren Faires and comic conventions. I can see it now:

"Dude, who smells like poo poo?" *sniffs everybody* "You! Recruit Roose Bolton, why do you smell like poo poo?"

"My mom hasn't done my laundry this week, sir!"

"Y...*facepalms*...UNACCEPTABLE! From now on you're to be known as Recruit Reek!"

I'm guessing most of them will be from the Orchard Street Wolfpack.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo that was a great episode! Maybe I can even get the thread title changed this week.

Vira
Mar 6, 2007
This was one of the funniest episodes I've seen and I think that's partly from the years of build up. I love the direction characters are taking.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Gorelab posted:

Hank's definitely been competent before, like in the episode where he tries to join Sphinx but they just try to give him impossible tasks which he keeps acing.

In that case though, it was because he had picked up a bunch of skills from his days as a boy adventurer. It likes saying that since escaping from handcuffs is impossible, there's no way that rear end in a top hat Houdini could pull it off.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Optimus Subprime posted:

The venture brothers are becoming way too competent...

This episode feels like a sequel to Love Bheits. Except without Brock holding him back Hank can finally show how crazy capable Batman he can be.

And Dean's moving up from hair strands and Miracle Gro. Maybe he'll be an anti-Rusty and actually be a competent scientist exceeding his father's reputation. Who the hell am I kidding? This is VB!:v:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Good episode, the Murphy bed joke made me laugh out loud.

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004

Data Graham posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, a Gabrielle Giffords joke? Ballsy, VB. :stare:

I'm pretty sure the Congresswoman was supposed to be Bachmann.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

YodaTFK posted:

I'm pretty sure the Congresswoman was supposed to be Bachmann.

There is a Tennessee Tea Party congresswoman named Marsha Blackburn who pops up on the pundit shows every so often, I'm inclined to believe that was the target considering the accent and name. But really it's six of one, half-dozen of the other. Probably a mix of the two.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

soupcan58 posted:

Holy gently caress. All of Hatred's problems seem to lie with the OSI!

From that fever dream it kinda seems like we might get an arc with him where we find out he was never a pedophile to begin with, but that the OSI hosed with his brain for some reason and the pedophilia was a side effect. I hope not, that'd be a copout.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Action Tortoise posted:

This episode feels like a sequel to Love Bheits. Except without Brock holding him back Hank can finally show how crazy capable Batman he can be.

And Dean's moving up from hair strands and Miracle Gro. Maybe he'll be an anti-Rusty and actually be a competent scientist exceeding his father's reputation. Who the hell am I kidding? This is VB!:v:

You never know, Shrinky-Dinks are on the cutting edge of Nanotechnology.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

feedmyleg posted:

From that fever dream it kinda seems like we might get an arc with him where we find out he was never a pedophile to begin with, but that the OSI hosed with his brain for some reason and the pedophilia was a side effect. I hope not, that'd be a copout.

Kind of like when they broke the ORB?

Poque posted:

Oh Christ, the Human Centipede people were on the boat.

No one else saw the Robot Monster or Man-Thing?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Yup, that's an instant-order for me.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Action Tortoise posted:

No one else saw the Robot Monster or Man-Thing?

Recognized the Man-Thing but couldn't remember the name. Here are some screencaps:

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Nice screen grabs, guess it wasn't the lost son of Atlantis. That monkey looks a bit like the nut sniffing monkey Ben had in the Halloween special though, probably just a reused model though.

Was anyone able to make out what URGH stood for? I could only catch what I thought was humanoids and I couldn't make out the rest through the interlacing when I paused.

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN
Feb 25, 2007

fuck a car
i'll do a mothafuckin' walk-by
Is it too early to say this is the best season yet? These two episodes, and the Halloween one, are easily some of the best. They're making more callbacks to previous episodes than ever, pushing the storylines for everyone further, and making some great jokes in the process.

I'm dreading the season finale, because it's bound to have some kind of big cliffhanger that leaves us dying for more and hating however long it'll take for them to make season 6.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Dynamite Dog posted:

Nice screen grabs, guess it wasn't the lost son of Atlantis. That monkey looks a bit like the nut sniffing monkey Ben had in the Halloween special though, probably just a reused model though.

Was anyone able to make out what URGH stood for? I could only catch what I thought was humanoids and I couldn't make out the rest through the interlacing when I paused.

United Repressed Grotesque Humanity

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

It's been a while since I've watched through S3, but Hatred has always been depicted as repentant about his pedophile tendencies. He knows pedophilia is wrong, and he's never tried to rationalize it like a NAMBLA member. So it's not that hard to believe that it was a side effect of OSI super science.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jun 10, 2013

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Cloks posted:

Recognized the Man-Thing but couldn't remember the name. Here are some screencaps:

I think that's Jan from "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" in the middle boat, and for some reason the dog reminded me of Dyno-Mutt. Speaking of Dyno-Mutt, is Harvey Birdman in the same universe as Venture Brothers? Because I can totally see Phil Ken Sebben as the Venture family lawyer.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Cloks posted:

Oh my god, that's the man-dog from Invasion of the Body Snatchers!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
AS not doing the youtube thing are they?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Frostwerks posted:

AS not doing the youtube thing are they?

Not as far as I can tell, and I've been F5ing every few minutes.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
Holy crap, the human centipede.

I am LOVING this season. Haven't ordered a shirt yet though. Someone mentioned "The Bat!" earlier, and I might have plunged for that one.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahahah oh my god, that was another great episode. And what's wrong with the Ventures being competent? Considering they only have one life I rather see them grow. The show isn't about failure no matter how people keep harping about it. Seeing Hank becoming the Bat was great. Hahaha I enjoyed seeing the return of Venturestein. I admit I was a bit worried that he was going to be killed off but I"m glad.

Rusty is good at reviving the dead it seems, I guess he's actually good at something for once.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Shindragon posted:

Rusty is good at reviving the dead it seems, I guess he's actually good at something for once.

He's a better necromancer than Orpheus.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Install Gentoo posted:

Doc's really gotten good at reviving the dead these days.

Yeah, bringing people back, whether through clones or frankensteining it, is basically Rusty's one big super-science talent.

WendigoJohnson posted:

He's a better necromancer than Orpheus.

Holy poo poo you're right.

This episode was great, and I loved that the Venturestein reveal wasn't spoiled in the trailer. I'm definitely going to order an URGH shirt.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I think the most enjoyable callback in this episode was seeing that Venturestien's No. 2 was Sunny, the not-Shaggy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

WAR FOOT posted:

I think the most enjoyable callback in this episode was seeing that Venturestien's No. 2 was Sunny, the not-Shaggy.

I agree.