Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Hank becoming The Bat is pretty much the absolute best thing. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Ted was there too, guys! Were there any other recognizable faces among the undead outside of the clones and groovy crew?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I've not had a chance to watch the episode yet, is it on youtube like the last episode?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Scott Bakula posted:

I've not had a chance to watch the episode yet, is it on youtube like the last episode?

Not yet, if it's coming.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Jet Jaguar posted:

I think that's Jan from "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" in the middle boat, and for some reason the dog reminded me of Dyno-Mutt. Speaking of Dyno-Mutt, is Harvey Birdman in the same universe as Venture Brothers? Because I can totally see Phil Ken Sebben as the Venture family lawyer.

When I first saw the dog head, I immediately thought of those experiments that a Russian scientist performed on dogs during WWII.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experiments_in_the_Revival_of_Organisms

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Well, we know about 20ish years ago, Hatred was a Guild mole in the OSI before The Guild came out of hiding. So, we can possibly assume the pedophilla had something to do with the repercussions of being caught by the OSI not long after The Guild came out into the open.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

WendigoJohnson posted:

He's a better necromancer than Orpheus.

"That is the DEFINITION of Necromancer!"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Data Graham posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, a Gabrielle Giffords joke? Ballsy, VB. :stare:

That's a stretch.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Ramen Pride! posted:

Holy crap, the human centipede.

I am LOVING this season. Haven't ordered a shirt yet though. Someone mentioned "The Bat!" earlier, and I might have plunged for that one.

Too bad I already have a "The Bat!" shirt:

https://www.riptapparel.com/graveyard/the-bat-first-appearance/

:colbert:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

That's a stretch.

Addressing Congress with a zombie scar on her head? I thought it was, like, so on-the-nose as to be really inappropriate.

Murphys Stache
Oct 5, 2007

There goes my nipples again!
Can't wait to get my URGH shirt. I'm really hoping they release a "THE BAT" shirt at some point this season.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Addressing Congress with a zombie scar on her head? I thought it was, like, so on-the-nose as to be really inappropriate.

Pretty sure it was the UN.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh, well that changes everything.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

Vanrushal posted:

Ted was there too, guys! Were there any other recognizable faces among the undead outside of the clones and groovy crew?

I thought I saw some of the Ghost Pirate crew.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Comrade Quack posted:

I thought I saw some of the Ghost Pirate crew.

Makes sense,

You live by the ghost, you die by the ghost.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
An incredible episode, one of the best we've had so far. And I have a good feeling for the most of the season.

Oh god, when it ends it is gonna hurt :smith:.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Jet Jaguar posted:

I think that's Jan from "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" in the middle boat, and for some reason the dog reminded me of Dyno-Mutt. Speaking of Dyno-Mutt, is Harvey Birdman in the same universe as Venture Brothers? Because I can totally see Phil Ken Sebben as the Venture family lawyer.

Birdman is in universe with Johnny Quest, so yes.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Totally agreeing that it was like an old school episode, I loved it from beginning to end. HeLPER's journey was hysterical too, and I'm glad Hank's got his sense of adventure back after the Brock arc.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I like the sense of character development each episode is getting now. Characters that previously didn't grow or change much (Hank, especially) are really evolving.

Venturestein as freak liberator Guevara-type is loving genius.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

axleblaze posted:

Holy poo poo that was a great episode! Maybe I can even get the thread title changed this week.

If you tried Aatrek last week, he was out of town. So said the response for the stickying of the thread email on premiere night. I forgot about the show yesterday, but checked the thread at 11 where someone said, "NEW EP TONIGHT". So just on time!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Vanrushal posted:

I'm pretty sure I saw a Hank.

I don't think there will be any more episodes uploaded to Youtube, they were probably just uploading the premiere to get some buzz going, same way the premiere was free on iTunes. This week's and the premiere are both on Adultswim.com behind the Gold paywall.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

I saw "“Venture Libre” Episode Now Available for Download!" on twitter and was going to post it here, but its just for the payed download links on XBL, Amazon, and iTunes. If you're desperate though it's only $2.99 (and US only).

afterhours
Jul 1, 2007
Is there a reason Dean is wearing a hair net?

Amedeus
Jun 8, 2013

Oh, now, look at me, I'm fulla holes. But you! What's the deal, here?
Any theories about Hatred?

I'm throwing my money down that he was actually a woman to begin with. That's why he's named Courtney. Probably a huge Quymn's bodyguard-esque lesbian type woman, but a woman, nonetheless. O.S.I. just screwed with his (her) brain and biological makeup, turning her into an angry man, and now it's wearing off.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Amedeus posted:

Any theories about Hatred?

I'm throwing my money down that he was actually a woman to begin with. That's why he's named Courtney. Probably a huge Quymn's bodyguard-esque lesbian type woman, but a woman, nonetheless. O.S.I. just screwed with his (her) brain and biological makeup, turning her into an angry man, and now it's wearing off.

That's a pretty dumb theory.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I haven't seen a good theory about Hatred, they're all terrible and you shouldn't post them

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Well, it seems obvious that he went through some sort of experiment that went horribly wrong. I'm guessing a super-soldier serum, except that it didn't augment him very much, but made him extremely agressive and completely unable of empathy. How he went from that to the character he is today, I don't know.

So Hank definitely belongs in the crazy world of his father and grand-father, while it becomes more and more obvious that Dean doesn't belong. Although him repairing HELPeR was nice and kind of impressive.

Also, aren't giant squids supposed to be part of a sperm whale's diet, rather than a predator?

X_Toad fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 10, 2013

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

afterhours posted:

Is there a reason Dean is wearing a hair net?

So he doesn't get hair inside of Helper? Rusty doesn't have to worry about that.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

X_Toad posted:

Also, aren't giant squids supposed to be part of a sperm whale's diet, rather than a predator?

Obviously the squid was trying to avenge its fallen brethren.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

X_Toad posted:

So Hank definitely belongs in the crazy world of his father and grand-father, while it becomes more and more obvious that Dean doesn't belong. Although him repairing HELPeR was nice and kind of impressive.

I thought fixing HELPeR was supposed to be a sign of Dean having more in common with his family than he'd like to admit. Granted, he had to use blueprints but it's still a step up from reciting Snapple facts. He also seems have inherited some of Rusty's attitude.

If super-science is what we're calling whatever the hell Jonas Venture did, Hank and Dean are specializing into separate fields. Hank is becoming a man of action while Dean looks like he's starting to learn about real science.

In the previous season Hank had to deal with the fact that Brock wasn't going to be a permanent fixture in his life and he went through similar growing pains, including changing his hairstyle and clothing to express his individuality. Hank couldn't mature until he confronted his father about the perceived favoritism in the family and he also had to talk to Brock to realize that he didn't have to live up to Brock's example. Dean hadn't changed much last season until the prom episode. Since Dean is younger and had that falling out with Triana, he's probably catching up to Hank developmentally. That guy in the Halloween special might be the one to help Dean mature.

vvv Those multiple deaths really messed the kids up, man.

Action Tortoise fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 10, 2013

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Action Tortoise posted:

Since Dean is younger

By four minutes.

Amedeus
Jun 8, 2013

Oh, now, look at me, I'm fulla holes. But you! What's the deal, here?

Action Tortoise posted:

That guy in the Halloween special might be the one to help Dean mature.

If he does, it won't be until Season 6 if Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick's interview on IGN is to believed. Sounds like he's not going to be anything beyond a background character for the rest of the season.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

X_Toad posted:

Aren't giant squids supposed to be part of a sperm whale's diet, rather than a predator?

I am also generally sure sperm whales don't eat robots.

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

a cock shaped fruit posted:

I am also generally sure sperm whales don't eat robots.

As far as we know. Perhaps HELPeR smells and/or tastes like a fish or giant squid.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

Doctor Candiru posted:

Did we ever actually figure out why Hatred has breasts now?

He got them last week as via the energy field that was causing all the mutations in the workers/researchers.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

I laughed SO HARD at this episode. This season is just destroying.

The Murphy bed, The Bat...just awesome.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Me and a friend watch episodes together over Google Hangouts, and seeing him laugh as hard as I did at Venturesteins "BAH-MAN!!" was solid gold.

"BAH-MAN!"

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

Jet Jaguar posted:

I think that's Jan from "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" in the middle boat.
Not only is that Jan-in-the-Pan, but the thing holding her is the monster in the closet from the same movie.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Consummate Professional posted:

He's General Treister's kid specifically.
Does that make him Jake Treister himself? (Was it Jake? I haven't watched the commentary in ages.)

Also, that Atlantean-esque fishman on the boat was one of the obligatory fill-in lame supervillains at some point, right? He looked super familiar but I'm not sure from where.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Also, that Atlantean-esque fishman on the boat was one of the obligatory fill-in lame supervillains at some point, right? He looked super familiar but I'm not sure from where.

Probably Hatred's dinner party.