Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

checkstock posted:

Wait, what? Are you sure that was me? I've been at work all day.

well nope then I am apparently getting my SA/GTs mixed up! I think I was playing Joey Aces. Got you confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

nunsexmonkrock posted:

(What is the "Elseworlds" room supposed to be for? People who have the flash skin? I just go in because it's usually the most full room.)

It's basically just the *General* room by now, because I can guarantee that many people didn't bother with that Flash skin. :v:

Then House of Mystery always ends up being the overflow for Elseworlds.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

It's basically just the *General* room by now, because I can guarantee that many people didn't bother with that Flash skin. :v:

Then House of Mystery always ends up being the overflow for Elseworlds.

Ah okay because I switch between those two not knowing what they are for if one is full and then I default to unofficial beginners. No one ever goes into an "Intermediate/average room". I feel bad sometimes when I am in beginners and someone really is one. When I notice that though I usually pick someone else other than Wonder Woman.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Odd question here: I can't view any DLC past Luchador Bane on 360. What's up?

Also feel free to shoot me an invite, I'm practicing Doomsday again. GT strangemobius

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jun 11, 2013

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Hmmm D2-B23 does the exact same amount of damage as if I just used B23. That's a bit silly considering it has an extra hit.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Hmmm D2-B23 does the exact same amount of damage as if I just used B23. That's a bit silly considering it has an extra hit.

Scaling. It's possible D2s scale kinda badly too but I'm not sure about that. Just because combos have extra hits doesn't mean they're automatically stronger.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
D2s scale horribly and should almost never be used in a combo as a result.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I've been using it a lot against Scorpions since I'm already holding down on their teleports. The good Scorpions always beat me but D2-B23 always gets the bad ones.

sentrygun posted:

Scaling. It's possible D2s scale kinda badly too but I'm not sure about that. Just because combos have extra hits doesn't mean they're automatically stronger.

Still seems silly to me, an added hit should mean more damage even if it's only 1%.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jun 11, 2013

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Still seems silly to me, an added hit should mean more damage even if it's only 1%.

It's a juggle that opens up a lot of combo opportunities from ducking, usually has pretty good frames, and is often a solid anti-air. It's gonna scale a lot. Complaining about that is like complaining about EX Breath or Spear taking 10% off a combo that's even longer than one without the EX.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

sentrygun posted:

It's a juggle that opens up a lot of combo opportunities from ducking, usually has pretty good frames, and is often a solid anti-air. It's gonna scale a lot. Complaining about that is like complaining about EX Breath or Spear taking 10% off a combo that's even longer than one without the EX.

I'm not complaining :colbert: just stating what seems odd from someone who doesn't really play fighting games. What you just pointed out does make sense though there are a few thing I can do after a D2 but B23 is the easiest for me since it has a long reach. :)

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
The game also tracks decimals but the combo counter rounds them off. That extra hit might be adding, like, .2% but there's no way to tell without going to training mode and jotting down the scaled numbers for each individual hit during the combo.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Piss on the ranked matchfinder in this game forever. I don't mind fighting people over me, but for real, someone with literally like 20 times the amount of wins that I even have to games played? gently caress off whoever designed that.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Yardbomb posted:

Piss on the ranked matchfinder in this game forever. I don't mind fighting people over me, but for real, someone with literally like 20 times the amount of wins that I even have to games played? gently caress off whoever designed that.

Doesn't this game try to use TruSkill to find ranked matches? If so, that'd explain this in my eyes.

Good thing I always end up dropping those d2 combos I go for!

strangemusic posted:

Odd question here: I can't view any DLC past Luchador Bane on 360. What's up?

Did you launch the game via invite to play? I've had it happen where no DLC, comstumes or characters, load during the Player Select Screen because of that. If it is this, just going back to the main menu should fix it. If not, try deleting the content from your Xbox, doing a system cache clear, and then redownload them. That should fix it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Presented without comment: http://testyourmight.com/threads/new-hotfix-6-11-13.34098/

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011
They need to just stop with the loving balance patches for a while and let the game settle. Just making teleport hit high would have been a huge nerf already without making it minus a million on block, too.

The Black Adam change is pretty big in certain matchups. Not all characters can get big damage off a d1, especially without burning meter, but the ones that can (like Wonder Woman!) are going to be pretty painful counterpicks for a character that previously didn't have any.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

Like blackout said, WW is good so grind it out with her and learn your matchups. Only way to get good with someone is to use them repeatedly. I only use lantern and doomsday so if people have a problem fighting the same guy over and over then don't play me.

GGs again today checkstock. You were doing a lot better today and were putting the pressure on a lot more efficiently today. I think you use up too much meter with the mb batarangs though, they don't do much damage even if you catch me jumping and don't seem to be an efficient use. Also, you were kinda going hog wild with wakeups there, even when I started baiting them so be careful about that. If you get a knock down on lantern, be absolutely sure that your mixup is really meaty, when I see people jump or hit buttons as I get up I will always land a ring grab.

Yea, that was me! Hope you didn't mind whooping my butt 20 matches in a row. I was trying to see if I could MB a blocked wake up chest bump (whatever that move is that batgirl does). I could have sworn that I've done it before, but I guess you can only MB it on hit. I really have to work on meaty attacks, but I'm just not that good at timing it perfectly. Stupid white guy timing :cry: I used the mb batarangs far too much, but that's just because I'm afraid of your pressure! Certainly not the best use of meter although if I improve my meaty game, I won't need much meter :smug:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

quote:

Scorpion
- Teleport Punch hits high and is now -42 on block. When it whiffs he has a long whiff recovery where you can punish him now.

So not only does down block take care of MB Telepunch, but now it will cause regular telepunch to whiff? Cool.
With the -42 (holy crap) on block it might actually encourage players to predict the telepunch and attempt a standing block since everyone can practically b3 it now.

Not sure about that flip kick nerf though!

I don't know if the nerfs necessarily c-tiers Scorpion but it should make him a tad easier to deal with and less abusable for and by inexperienced players. Which was the problem I'm guessing.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 11, 2013

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Nooo, my dive kicks!

Alas, it's not that big a deal unless you're being stupid about where you use it.

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
Seems that NRS stuck a pretty vortex-neutering Killer Frost change in there too apparently. I love how NRS' stance was "we won't patch it as often or as severely as MK!" but patch it just as frequently and add these changes that completely alter matchups

Well, not completely, but come on! Scorpion didn't need that stuff.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
What have you done to my beautiful Scorpion? You monsters. :negative:

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

rocket USA posted:

They need to just stop with the loving balance patches for a while and let the game settle. Just making teleport hit high would have been a huge nerf already without making it minus a million on block, too.

The Black Adam change is pretty big in certain matchups. Not all characters can get big damage off a d1, especially without burning meter, but the ones that can (like Wonder Woman!) are going to be pretty painful counterpicks for a character that previously didn't have any.

Isn't making it hit high kind of a buff in this scenario? Since that'll make it harder to block and punish. Or is there something I'm missing?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Jmcrofts posted:

Isn't making it hit high kind of a buff in this scenario? Since that'll make it harder to block and punish. Or is there something I'm missing?

Is there something I'm missing? It hits high so it whiffs on crouch blockers and it has enough recovery to get punished and if it's blocked standing it's incredibly more punishable than it was pre hot patch.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Unbound posted:

Doesn't this game try to use TruSkill to find ranked matches? If so, that'd explain this in my eyes.

Yeah, my ratio is hilarious, but my truskill is probably like 2 or something.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AndyElusive posted:

Is there something I'm missing? It hits high so it whiffs on crouch blockers and it has enough recovery to get punished and if it's blocked standing it's incredibly more punishable than it was pre hot patch.

Previously if you were crouching you would block it, and get a (relatively) easy punish. Now if you crouch, it whiffs and you get an (i assume) more difficult punish, or if you stand block it you get a very easy punish, but stand blocking teleport is very difficult. So before, it was easier to punish if you crouch, and now it's harder to punish if you crouch (the most common scenario) but easier to punish if you stand block.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Jmcrofts posted:

Previously if you were crouching you would block it, and get a (relatively) easy punish. Now if you crouch, it whiffs and you get an (i assume) more difficult punish, or if you stand block it you get a very easy punish, but stand blocking teleport is very difficult. So before, it was easier to punish if you crouch, and now it's harder to punish if you crouch (the most common scenario) but easier to punish if you stand block.

I'll need to test it out, but if it works as you say, then I really like this change.

Good luck stand blocking random teleports online.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Cromlech posted:

Seems that NRS stuck a pretty vortex-neutering Killer Frost change in there too apparently. I love how NRS' stance was "we won't patch it as often or as severely as MK!" but patch it just as frequently and add these changes that completely alter matchups

Well, not completely, but come on! Scorpion didn't need that stuff.

The problem with MK9 was that patch notes were both enormous and took forever to come out, so you had no idea what game you were playing at times. It was pretty obvious that Scorpion, BA, and KF were and likely still are hosed up characters, so I don't really see the complaints here. Also Scorpion getting released accidentally a week early didn't help. I'm mostly shocked it took this long for them to tweak Black Adam, but BA players should be happy as hell his damage scaling wasn't nerfed - his divekick isn't even the real problem.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

can't you just punish the teleport really easy with a c.light or uppercut though?

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
This game doesn't have any hitstop/blockstop so the teleport should be easier to punish if it whiffs, not harder.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I just want to see Zod's character design...

Vanilla Sweetness
Sep 14, 2007
Nothing changed with Black Adam or any other characters (yet).

The Scorpion changes (from him being released early) are:
teleport is slightly slower (by frames) won't change any combos.
teleport hits high and is more neg on block and miss.
flipkick is more neg on miss.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on what the hotfix actually did.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Uh, my game keeps freezing at random points. What do I do :confused:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Seymour Butts posted:

Uh, my game keeps freezing at random points. What do I do :confused:

Clear that cache! Did the same to me last night and had to do this (again) for the game to cut it out.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fenn the Fool! posted:

This game doesn't have any hitstop/blockstop so the teleport should be easier to punish if it whiffs, not harder.

Not really, since blocking the teleport makes Scorpion go into a spinning recovery animation, but on whiff he just recovers normally.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
You can really mash just about anything crouching for free on his regular teleport now. So if you can start anything from a low there you go. I can even do a couple of Lex's slower strings after I crouch it. These dumb patch changes are making my fun game bad and I don't like it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

IronMcHardSteel posted:

You can really mash just about anything crouching for free on his regular teleport now. So if you can start anything from a low there you go. I can even do a couple of Lex's slower strings after I crouch it. These dumb patch changes are making my fun game bad and I don't like it.

They didn't touch Lex, though. If anything they'll probably buff him at some point.

And eventually all these patches will stop, like they did with MK9 and we'll be left to deal with whatever state it's in at that point.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

And eventually all these patches will stop, like they did with MK9 and we'll be left to deal with whatever state it's in at that point.

We would have been left to deal with the state it was in when the game was released if they didn't patch it at all. Do you expect them to patch the game forever? That argument is invalid in my opinion. Sorry.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

nunsexmonkrock posted:

We would have been left to deal with the state it was in when the game was released if they didn't patch it at all. Do you expect them to patch the game forever? That argument is invalid in my opinion. Sorry.

:what:

I'm not arguing anything. I'm saying that NRS eventually cuts this poo poo out once they stop listening to what people complain about or when they feel like the game is beyond patching. At this point Zod isn't even out yet and people should probably expect a few more tweaks around or after he's released.

Also if the Season Pass 2 rumor is true there will be even more Hot Fixes and patches in the future.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

:what:

I'm not arguing anything. I'm saying that NRS eventually cuts this poo poo out once they stop listening to what people complain about or when they feel like the game is beyond patching. At this point Zod isn't even out yet and people should probably expect a few more tweaks around or after he's released.

Also if the Season Pass 2 rumor is true there will be even more Hot Fixes and patches in the future.

Ah I get you. It sounded like you were trying to point out something else. Basically you were stating that they eventually break the game and then don't care?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Ah I get you. It sounded like you were trying to point out something else. Basically you were stating that they eventually break the game and then don't care?

Pretty much.

I stopped following MK9 after Freddy, so I don't know what if any patches they released after him or even what state of brokeness the game has been potentially left in. Folks still play it competitively and they seem content enough with it at this stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Got you that makes a lot more sense. Sorry for misunderstanding. :doh:

• Locked thread