Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

AngryCaterpillar posted:

So is anyone like working on a thread

The other conference threads went up like 10 minutes before they started, it's a little early I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah it was like T-minus 5/10 and the general E3 thread locks during that time.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

greatn posted:

Are any of these streams going to be decent on mobile? I'm in labor and delivery but I don't think the baby is coming anytime soon.

:stare:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

greatn posted:

Are any of these streams going to be decent on mobile? I'm in labor and delivery but I don't think the baby is coming anytime soon.

Really?

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

greatn posted:

And you call yourself a hardcore gamer. It's E3, man.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm also looking for a good mobile stream. I'm not in labor though, just stuck at O'Hare Airport for 7 hours.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

We're going to be here for hours before anything when happens.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm also looking for a good mobile stream. I'm not in labor though, just stuck at O'Hare Airport for 7 hours.

Hey O'Hare buddy! I got hosed by them pretttttty badly this past weekend (a 23 hour trip turned into 49). Turns out those Nyko 3DS power packs and the Anko USB batteries work pretty drat well. In related news, my MH3U file has a few new hours.

Does the direct start at 10 or 11 AM EST? Need me some Mario Kart.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
10AM EST, Official stream here: http://e3.nintendo.com/

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

greatn posted:

:goonsay:

9 AM Central. Super happy. I got like four hours of sleep after how amped I was after Sony's conference last night. Gonna be nice to have all day to process Nintendo's.

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
I know it's inevitable that they're going to show it, but I really hope New Luigi U doesn't take up too much screen time. We know what it is and when it's out and seen the visuals a million times. More interested in the new stuff.

Also is anyone else having trouble with Nintendo's E3 site on Chrome? None of the visuals load for me but it's fine in Safari. I've turned off every extension that should effect it. It's weird.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

E3 Nintendo Direct Thread. One hour to go.

greatn posted:

We're going to be here for hours before anything when happens.

If it's a girl you have to name her Zelda.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

E3 Nintendo Direct Thread. One hour to go.

If it's a girl you have to name her Zelda.

Name it Mario if it has a wii

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

I registered my Wii U with my Club Nintendo account but the survey never showed up. Is it because I have a used console? :(

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

flare posted:

I registered my Wii U with my Club Nintendo account but the survey never showed up. Is it because I have a used console? :(

If the previous owner registered the Wii U under their Club Nintendo account, maybe.

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011
Hope the lot of you are ready to go from indifference to wanting to buy this thing ASAP in an hour. Right, Nintendo?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Fabulous Knight posted:

Hope the lot of you are ready to go from indifference to wanting to buy this thing ASAP in an hour. Right, Nintendo?

Sony already won E3... there can't be two winners, this isn't the Special Olympics.

Even though it feels like it sometimes.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

zenintrude posted:

Sony already won E3... there can't be two winners, this isn't the Special Olympics.

Yeah, even if Nintendo announces some seriously awesome stuff, it's gonna be really hard to top Sony's public shaming of Microsoft.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

zenintrude posted:

Second place is admirable. Ubisoft had a pretty decent E3 so nintendo just has to be above average to be second place.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

zenintrude posted:

Haven't you heard? This is the first E3 where, instead of everybody crowning a winner, we're just throwing a funeral for the loser.

hint: it's Microsoft

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

zenintrude posted:

Maybe we'll get Waluigi and Sanic at the Special Olympics

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Jet Set Jettison posted:

Second place is admirable. Ubisoft had a pretty decent E3 so nintendo just has to be above average to be second place.
Second place is first loser.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Fabulous Knight posted:

It'll have Smash Bros so it's an insta-buy at least as soon as that comes out V:shobon:V

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Strange Matter posted:

Silver is the Stanley Cup, best award in sports.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Strange Matter posted:

If my No Fear t-shirts from middle school taught me anything, it's this.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Uh oh. This poo poo ain't loading.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
Thread temporarily closing to prevent it turning into a chat log.

E3 thread

AngryCaterpillar fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 11, 2013

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
Thread reopened. You can now discuss games that Nintendo may release in 2014 if they get around to it.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
I posted a month or so ago, but was still looking for some input on the issue I've been having.

To recap, when I've left my Wii U gamepad to charge on its cradle/when directly plugged in, the device will cease charging when fully charged. That is, if I were to leave it on the charger for the next few weeks untouched, the battery will be depleted because it stopped charging after the initial couple of hours. Furthermore, were I to use the gamepad and place it back on the charger immediately after this initial charging cycle, it will not charge the gamepad until I reset the AC adapter by removing it from the outlet for 2+ minutes. I have also had the experience of playing while the gamepad was plugged in, and when the orange light turned off, the battery on the gamepad began depleting as if it were no longer plugged in/being charged. Again, it seems as though the AC adapter is "tripped" after a few hours of being plugged in and charging the device, and then needs to be reset before further use.

I ended up sending in my gamepad and adapter for repair, and while the order said that both accessories were "repaired" and functional, I am still having this issue. Thus, I'm wondering if there really even is an issue to begin with; perhaps what I'm experiencing is normal. I have tried charging the gamepad using two outlets, and both have the same issues. Other devices plugged into these outlets (lamps) function properly at these times.

Does anyone else share this experience of needing to reset their AC adapter so frequently? If not, I was wondering if anyone has left their gamepad charging for a few weeks or more without use, and can comment on whether their gamepad is still fully charged when next used or if the battery has depleted by this time.

Any input would be appreciated. Overall, it's kind of an inconvenient thing to have happen, but not critical. Still, I'd like to avoid sending all of my stuff in for a replacement if there isn't actually a problem.

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong

XOIC of Radishes posted:

I posted a month or so ago, but was still looking for some input on the issue I've been having.

To recap, when I've left my Wii U gamepad to charge on its cradle/when directly plugged in, the device will cease charging when fully charged. That is, if I were to leave it on the charger for the next few weeks untouched, the battery will be depleted because it stopped charging after the initial couple of hours. Furthermore, were I to use the gamepad and place it back on the charger immediately after this initial charging cycle, it will not charge the gamepad until I reset the AC adapter by removing it from the outlet for 2+ minutes. I have also had the experience of playing while the gamepad was plugged in, and when the orange light turned off, the battery on the gamepad began depleting as if it were no longer plugged in/being charged. Again, it seems as though the AC adapter is "tripped" after a few hours of being plugged in and charging the device, and then needs to be reset before further use.

I ended up sending in my gamepad and adapter for repair, and while the order said that both accessories were "repaired" and functional, I am still having this issue. Thus, I'm wondering if there really even is an issue to begin with; perhaps what I'm experiencing is normal. I have tried charging the gamepad using two outlets, and both have the same issues. Other devices plugged into these outlets (lamps) function properly at these times.

Does anyone else share this experience of needing to reset their AC adapter so frequently? If not, I was wondering if anyone has left their gamepad charging for a few weeks or more without use, and can comment on whether their gamepad is still fully charged when next used or if the battery has depleted by this time.

Any input would be appreciated. Overall, it's kind of an inconvenient thing to have happen, but not critical. Still, I'd like to avoid sending all of my stuff in for a replacement if there isn't actually a problem.
I actually noticed that mine did the same thing. I bought one of those Nyko USB->gamepad chargers and tried it after taking my gamepad off of the charger. It lit orange for a second, then turned off. I thought that maybe the USB AC outlet adapter didn't give enough amperage at 1amp (the Nintendo one is 1.6amp) but then I plugged it into the official cradle and saw the same thing. It was then I realized that this was normal.

I've been using my Wii U enough that I haven't run into your problem but I can totally see how it would happen. I saw one of these at Meijer (a regional grocery store) on sale yesterday and your post made me think of it--

http://www.amazon.com/APC-P4GC-Powe...c+timed+outlets

Could you set it to say, turn off at 2am and turn on at 3am every day? That would cause the gamepad to "unplug" and "plug back in" every day. Silly workaround I know...

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Watched the Nintendo Direct. Was kinda bummed.

Hey, at least X looks cool, I guess. Hope it has a better battle system than Xenoblade's Not-An-Offline-MMO-Guys-We-Swear system.

e: Also put off by cat Mario. Yech.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Crossposting from Mega Man thread, courtesy of Kelp Plankton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRwBh7HZdak

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Cat mario owns. Nintendo has been reading my livejournal.

E: Did greatn have a baby? Luigi or Zelda?

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Looking like its going to be impossible to find a used copy of Skyward Sword. Guess I'm buying retail.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Nintendo did nothing to convince me that I need a get a Wii U right now/soon, but I was planning to get one before the end of the year anyway and they did make me feel better about that.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:

HellFox posted:

I actually noticed that mine did the same thing. I bought one of those Nyko USB->gamepad chargers and tried it after taking my gamepad off of the charger. It lit orange for a second, then turned off. I thought that maybe the USB AC outlet adapter didn't give enough amperage at 1amp (the Nintendo one is 1.6amp) but then I plugged it into the official cradle and saw the same thing. It was then I realized that this was normal.

I've been using my Wii U enough that I haven't run into your problem but I can totally see how it would happen. I saw one of these at Meijer (a regional grocery store) on sale yesterday and your post made me think of it--

http://www.amazon.com/APC-P4GC-Powe...c+timed+outlets

Could you set it to say, turn off at 2am and turn on at 3am every day? That would cause the gamepad to "unplug" and "plug back in" every day. Silly workaround I know...

Hah, a creative idea, but that would certainly do the trick!

More than anything, though, I'm glad it's not just me, so thank you for sharing your similar experience. Maybe there isn't a lot of material on this issue because A) It isn't really a big deal, and B) It's a bit of an irregular gaming schedule to only play the Wii U once a month and run into this problem consistently. So long as it's "by design," I can live with it.

And by the looks of things, I should also be playing it a lot more often in 2014, so maybe this problem won't arise as much at that time.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
That video was poo poo. What was the point of them showing the empty room they were filming in, it made it look like they have no money haha

It was basically all "wait a few months or longer for all this, nothing is coming out now".

Mario Kart looks awesome.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

C-Euro posted:

Nintendo did nothing to convince me that I need a get a Wii U right now/soon, but I was planning to get one before the end of the year anyway and they did make me feel better about that.

I'm happy that Watch Dogs is coming out on the Wii U so I can put off buying a PS4.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

It was basically all "wait a few months or longer for all this, nothing is coming out now".

That's nothing like the rest of E3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Lizard Wizard posted:

That's nothing like the rest of E3.

Yeah I really don't think the problem is that most of their announcements are slated for 2014. That seems like par for the course. The problem is that they did not have a large enough library of games lined up and announced for 2013 already.

• Locked thread