Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I had forgotten about this. Hall loving stomps him in the head repeatedly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq2XB9tDdm8

and that was after he got jacked by Nash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

coconono posted:

and that was after he got jacked by Nash.

Nash tees off on the bastard and then sort of starts pushing him out of the ring, but christ, Hall just starts curb stomping him and the dude is basically already out.

I wonder what the dude's story was. Drunk? Believes it's real? Thought he could join too?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Thought he could join too?

If he waited a few years, he could have. :v:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nash tees off on the bastard and then sort of starts pushing him out of the ring, but christ, Hall just starts curb stomping him and the dude is basically already out.

I wonder what the dude's story was. Drunk? Believes it's real? Thought he could join too?

My impression, which hasn't been shaken, was there a huge swathe of WCW fans that shouldn't be allowed to consume alcohol as it only enhanced their already spectacular stupidity.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

coconono posted:

My impression, which hasn't been shaken, was there a huge swathe of WCW fans that shouldn't be allowed to consume alcohol as it only enhanced their already spectacular stupidity.

That's an odd way to say "They should have had 50 cent beers at WCW shows, to encourage WCW fans to do stupid poo poo".

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

VogeGandire posted:

That's an odd way to say "They should have had 50 cent beers at WCW shows, to encourage WCW fans to do stupid poo poo".

Didn't they also have plants throw things and rush the ring on a few early occasions, to encourage their fans to be the worst loving people?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Wazzu posted:

Didn't they also have plants throw things and rush the ring on a few early occasions, to encourage their fans to be the worst loving people?

I don't want to believe WCW actually encouraged fans to throw stuff and try to get in the ring. Though WCW being WCW, that wouldn't surprise me. They got really lucky they didn't get fans chucking batteries at the wrestlers or had some crazy enter the ring with a knife.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

bartok posted:

I don't want to believe WCW actually encouraged fans to throw stuff and try to get in the ring. Though WCW being WCW, that wouldn't surprise me. They got really lucky they didn't get fans chucking batteries at the wrestlers or had some crazy enter the ring with a knife.
Are we talking about CZW now?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Pope Corky the IX posted:

If he waited a few years, he could have. :v:

I was going to make this exact same joke.

I know that it's unsafe and stupid and all other kinds of bad things, but the visuals of the nWo being pelted with trash at the end of a Nitro was a cool visual (the first three or four times, at least).

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

bartok posted:

Yeah that would've been awf-

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
He was just trying to shave his beard off!

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I first started watching wrestling in 1998 with WCW, and I just assumed that fans throwing garbage at the heels was something that always happened in wrestling.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Halloween Jack posted:

Are we talking about CZW now?

Other than a fan dropping the n-bomb on BLK OUT, there hasn't been any real fans incidents.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I don't feel bad for that slightly overweight guy who got the poo poo kicked out of him by Nash and Hall. When a guy jumps the barricade and gets in the ring all bets are off.

That heel turn was so glorious. The only other "shocking" turn that I can think of is when HBK kicked Jannetty through the barbershop window. Wasn't he already a heel at that point though?

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I think one of the WCW video games, Nitro or Thunder, even had trash flying into the ring as part of the game.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I don't feel bad for that slightly overweight guy who got the poo poo kicked out of him by Nash and Hall. When a guy jumps the barricade and gets in the ring all bets are off.

That heel turn was so glorious. The only other "shocking" turn that I can think of is when HBK kicked Jannetty through the barbershop window. Wasn't he already a heel at that point though?

IIRC, he was acting heelish around the time, but hadn't fully turned. I think like the week before on Superstars or something the Rockers were up against some jobbers and Michaels never tagged in Jannetty, defeating the guys himself, which "proved" he was ready to be a singles star.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Going back to Raven for a second, a dumb fan actually yanked him out of the ring by the hair before security got him. Savage got a lot of crazy fan run-ins, too.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
I was the one who asked the Buffer question. Shocked he only made 10k per appearance. I legitimately expected 100k per appearance. WCW

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Pretty sure Bischoff loved the visual of fans throwing trash at the ring so they did nothing to discourage it and often has plants get things rolling.

To be fair, it's a cool visual.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

oatgan posted:

Pretty sure Bischoff loved the visual of fans throwing trash at the ring so they did nothing to discourage it and often has plants get things rolling.

To be fair, it's a cool visual.

Its not like the WWF didn't have the same thing happen during parts of the attitude era either.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, Michaels was generally acting like a dickhead leading to the Barber Shop thing. Then he had a singles match with Flair where he knocked himself out doing some flippy thing to the outside, Jannetty got him up and dumped him back in the ring, where Flair pinned him. So he was pissy about that.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

maxallen posted:

Its not like the WWF didn't have the same thing happen during parts of the attitude era either.

I'm trying to find the time Vince got pelted in the face by something, a drink I think, but I can't find it.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
With Leather like to put up galleries of old WCW glamour shots every now and then, and their latest batch went up yesterday with some amusing captioning from Brandon Stroud (His one on the 'Total Package' cracked me up).

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2013/06/this-week-in-horrible-looking-people-wcw

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The captions for the Chono one and the Rey one are great too.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I loved the Bunkhouse Buck one.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

FWIW, they teased the Rockers break-up in WWF Magazine in the months prior, talking about arguments behind closed doors, etc.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Seriously though, who was Chameleon...and Elix Skipper?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

nasboat posted:

FWIW, they teased the Rockers break-up in WWF Magazine in the months prior, talking about arguments behind closed doors, etc.

HBK actually ripped apart that magazine spread during the Barbershop angle. I remember I had that magazine, back in the day. Wonder if I still have it somewhere.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DrVenkman posted:

Elix Skipper was a member of Team Canada

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Oh God, looking at the older articles...I only ever saw Black Reign in crappy YouTubes, so seeing the costume at its most photogenic in that promo photo is just...magical. There are too many Willard, Darth Maul, KISS and Alice Cooper jokes for me to pick one.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DrVenkman posted:

no idea on Chameleon

Elix Skipper was a relatively new Cruiserweight at the end of WCW. He and AJ Styles debuted about the same time.

Yo Eleven
Aug 5, 2010
Chameleon was a Nitro Girl who then became The Cat's valet/assistant.

"Primetime" Elix Skipper had the best theme song in WCW, it was a custom version of "Party up" by DMX saying stuff like "y'all all know who built this house / Primetime did, Primetime did." He was part of Lance Storm's Team Canada!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
What is the general etiquette involving fans jumping in the ring? It seems like Nash and Hall legit stiffed that guy with real punches and kicks. Hall just going to town on the dude's head was disturbing. Is it just a given that if you jump in the ring and try to be part of the action that you're going to get Big Van Vader'd in return? How do they avoid assault and battery lawsuits on behalf of the fans? Because that guy looked legitimately knocked the gently caress out.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

What is the general etiquette involving fans jumping in the ring? It seems like Nash and Hall legit stiffed that guy with real punches and kicks. Hall just going to town on the dude's head was disturbing. Is it just a given that if you jump in the ring and try to be part of the action that you're going to get Big Van Vader'd in return? How do they avoid assault and battery lawsuits on behalf of the fans? Because that guy looked legitimately knocked the gently caress out.

I imagine a self-defence plea could work, the guys in the ring don't know if the fan climbing in might have a gun or something.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DrVenkman posted:

With Leather like to put up galleries of old WCW glamour shots every now and then, and their latest batch went up yesterday with some amusing captioning from Brandon Stroud (His one on the 'Total Package' cracked me up).

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2013/06/this-week-in-horrible-looking-people-wcw

Brandon Stroud alt account spotted.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

HonorableTB posted:

That's basically always how they always seem to react when fans jump the ring. I don't know exactly the legal justification, but I'd think you could make a legitimate argument that it's self-defense.

Edit: This is one of my favorite instances: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2216a_wwf-wwe-crazy-fan-runs-into-rings-a_sport#.Ubd76PmG1NI

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HonorableTB posted:

The legal defense is "your honor, our wrestlers are very self conscious that people think they can't really fight and need every opportunity to beat on people to protect their fragile egos. Also sometimes they tip over ladders."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The best is still Mark Curtis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX3hnt3rFdY

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

pathetic little tramp posted:

Yeah that would've been awf-

What's the story on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

iLikeMidgets posted:

What's the story on this?

He was just cutting Big Al's beard.