Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nicehook
Dec 5, 2011

Sledra posted:

Yesssssss Palenight, you were like the only fun babby on that run. The others just tried to play normally. So wrong.

Don't comfort the runt of the babbys, feed him to the wolves.

nicehook fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Rianeva posted:

They're for one character.

Oh. Welp. I assume the minipets are the same?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Invite for Devore please

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
Would like an invite on Enfraam.

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
Playing as Jamarad the rogue. Its pronounced "Ja, m a rad"

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
Who are our 375 Armorsmiths?

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
Just started playing as Benoit the cleric. Is it still possible for me to do that Raptr thing to get the game+expansion+30 days? And what is the advantage of it with the game going F2Play tomorrow?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Hutzpah posted:

Just started playing as Benoit the cleric. Is it still possible for me to do that Raptr thing to get the game+expansion+30 days? And what is the advantage of it with the game going F2Play tomorrow?

I dunno if it's still possible, but the advantages are 6 character slots, 5 bag slots, and the Storm Legion expansion "souls" vs. 3 character slots, 2 bag slots, and having to buy the SL souls on the cash shop. If it's still available and you have time to knock it out, I say go for it. :)

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
The codes don't expire till the end of June so I'd at least give it a shot. It'll save you at least ~15 bucks for the SL souls plus whatever 3 character slots and 2 bag slots are worth.

King Ramses
Feb 22, 2011

Vincent Valentine posted:

I really like how Harbinger plays, the mix of spells and sword and all that. Particularly that it's fast paced with no cast times, that I can put some hurt on something before it actually gets close and mostly that the eldritch armor proc is actually frequent instead of two or three times a minute like I was expecting.

But I'm being told that outside of leveling it's not very good and that I won't be playing it after that. I'm not actually looking to raid, mostly PVP and loving around in dungeons or whatever when I have some time. Is it still the case for those, particularly PVP?

If it really is as bad as people claim, is there another soul setup that plays similarly? I like reactive fightin' so I'd like it to weigh heavily toward that if that's the case.

HarbiChloro I found was pretty fun in PVP actually. You aren't going to have the raw DPS numbers that Pyro has, or the group healing that a good cholro would, but you're fairly survivable on 1 v 1 and can hold a point for a decent amount of time while waiting for backup. Honestly though, the only way you're going to find out is to jump in. Apart from raids not everything has to be min maxed.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Hutzpah posted:

If you started when you asked, yes. If you haven't started yet, it may be too late.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Hutzpah posted:

Just remember that when you disconnect due to AFKing for too long, it still counts for the Raptr thingy as long as you don't exit the game.
I've gained 96 hours since I started some time last week. Only 69 more, and I get a raptr pet. :P

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Datasmurf posted:

Just remember that when you disconnect due to AFKing for too long, it still counts for the Raptr thingy as long as you don't exit the game.
I've gained 96 hours since I started some time last week. Only 69 more, and I get a raptr pet. :P
You don't even have to log in, just running the EXE is enough, that's all Raptr is tracking.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Can someone clarify, if i pick Alliance and my friend picks Horde are we still able to level and quest together on a PvE server from level 1?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

CJ posted:

Can someone clarify, if i pick Alliance and my friend picks Horde are we still able to level and quest together on a PvE server from level 1?

No, you can't do each other's quests. Once you get to 10 you can do Instant Adventures and dungeons together, but normal PVE quests are still separate.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?
Invites should be caught up to here.

:frogsiren: Silk and Spellspun Silk cloth donations needed to make goonerocity starting bags for newcomers :frogsiren:
A bunch of us have paid out of pocket and guildbank funds (upwards of a few hundred plat) in making bags so far, those cloths are very welcome.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

CJ posted:

No, but for what it's worth I only quested in this game to level 10, and I'm level 35 as of posting this. Between Instant Adventures, Rifts, zone-events(which are more frequent than I expected), PVP battlegrounds that are actually fun for a change and dungeons, I haven't even had TIME to do a quest. There's just so much poo poo to do, and as far as I know you can do all of those together. I'm not sure on PVP, but I have ended up on Alliance teams despite being Horde fairly frequently.

JasonRiverwind
Feb 2, 2009
Jasonriverwind reporting for duty to the guild. Took a long break from Rift and am now returning to relearn everything.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
Looks like that raptr giveway will be all used up before I can get my fifteen hours in. Anyone happen to have an extra key?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

There's a troll in the bank!

Notnice
Sep 20, 2008

Hutzpah posted:

Looks like that raptr giveway will be all used up before I can get my fifteen hours in. Anyone happen to have an extra key?

I have one to give away, what's your email?

gorkus
Oct 19, 2004
Can I please get a guild invite on Mathwizard?

gorkus fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jun 12, 2013

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Greggy posted:

No, you can't do each other's quests. Once you get to 10 you can do Instant Adventures and dungeons together, but normal PVE quests are still separate.

This is correct, until level 50+. The expansion zones/quest hubs NPCs are friendly to everybody, as is the main city in the expansion (Tempest Bay).

edit: if he really wants to be guardian and you really want to be defiant, and you both want to level by questing together, you could both roll the same side to start and then pay once free to play goes live to change your race once you hit 50.

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 12, 2013

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe

Notnice posted:

I have one to give away, what's your email?

Inthearsenal88 at gmail.com

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

lsp posted:

Invites should be caught up to here.

:frogsiren: Silk and Spellspun Silk cloth donations needed to make goonerocity starting bags for newcomers :frogsiren:
A bunch of us have paid out of pocket and guildbank funds (upwards of a few hundred plat) in making bags so far, those cloths are very welcome.

I'll go farm something this weekend a/o hope I get lucky with artifact sales. By the way for farming, the RoS and HK chronicles drop a pretty good amount of spellspun and are really easily farmed in a very short time, so something to keep in mind a couple times a day, as well as the 150k PA xp if they're the daily.

Notnice
Sep 20, 2008

Hutzpah posted:

email info

I just sent it, enjoy!

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?
Lots of questions regarding gearing up at 60 so I compiled a list of things to get. :words: incoming

Level 60 and want to be raid ready?
Get better gear and closer to that 400+ hit requirement by getting things crafted. It is fairly cheap for the mats, augment is likely the most expensive part. Much of the crafted gear is near BiScurrently and will last you quite some time. You want this stuff.

*Before equipping Necklaces, Capes and Belts, have someone with Glorified or Honored reputation with SL factions to rune your stuff*

:3: Mages -- BiS spreadsheet - Augments to use: A)Stellar or Empyrean Cunning Augment (Int+SP) B)Stellar or Empyrean Cunning Augment (Int+Crit Power), created by outfitters
Artificer:
+Hit item Luminous Chrysoprase Treasure&Cunning or Brilliant Augment -- Get two of these crafted
+Hit item Luminous Chrysoprase Necklace + Augment&Cunning or Brilliant Augment
+Hit item Luminous Madrosa Staff&Cunning or Brilliant Augment
+Hit item Luminous Madrosa Wand&Cunning or Brilliant Augment
Outfitter:
+Hit item Luminous Empyrean Cowl&Cunning or Brilliant Augment
Luminous Empyrean Wrap& Cunning or Brilliant Augment
Intellectual Lucidity&Cunning or Brilliant Augment - This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is marginally better.
Armorsmith:
Callous Rhenium Cape&Cunning or Brilliant Augment - While base item is wisdom heavy, the huge amount of crit power makes this the best crafted option

:v: Cleric
-- Healing/DPS BiS Healing/DPS Spreadsheet - Augments for DPS A)Stellar or Empyrean Enlightened Augment Wis+SP) B)Stellar or Empyrean Fanatical Augment (Wis+CP), made by Artificers, Augments for Healing: Stellar or Empyrean Blessed Augment (Wis), made by Apothecaries.
Artificer:
+Hit item Callous Chrysoprase Circle& Enlightened Augment -- Get two of these crafted
+Hit item Callous Chrysoprase Choker& Enlightened Augment
+Hit item Callous Madrosa Rod& Enlightened or Fanatical Augment
Unclouded Foresight& Fanatical or Enlightened Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better
Weaponsmith:
+Hit item Callous Rhenium Maul& Fanatical or Blessed Augment
Armorsmith:
+Hit item Callous Rhenium Coif& Fanatical, Enlightened or Blessed Augment
Callous Rhenium Cord&Fanatical or Enlightened Augment
Callous Rhenium Cape&Fanatical, Blessed, or Enlightened Augment

-- Tanking(Requires 400 Toughness and Hit): BiS Tank Spreadsheet - Augments to use for Tanking Stellar or Empyrean Rugged Augment, made by Apothecaries
Weaponsmith:
+Hit item Reinforced Rhenium Truncheon& Rugged Augment
Artificer:
+Hit item Reinforced Chrysoprase Circle& Rugged Augment -- Get two of these crafted
+Hit item Callous Madrosa Rod& Rugged Augment
Callous Rhenium Cape& Rugged Augment
Armorsmith:
+Hit item Reinforced Rhenium Coif& Rugged Augment
Reinforced Rhenium Cord& Rugged Augment
Callous Rhenium Cape& Rugged Augment
Unshakable Defiance& Rugged Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better

:smith: Rogue
--DPS BiS spreadsheet, Augments to use: DPS tends to favor Stellar or Empyrean Insidious Augments (AP+CritPower, Bard/Support favor Stellar or Empyrean Keen Augments (Dex+AP), made by Armorsmiths
Artificer:
+Hit item Furious Chrysoprase Lariat& Insidious or Keen Augment
+Hit item Furious Chrysoprase eye& Insidious or Keen Augment -- Get two of these crafted
Outfitter:
+Hit item Furious Truehide Hood& Insidious or Keen Augment
Furious Truehide Belt& Insidious or Keen Augment
Armorsmith:
Vicious Rhenium Cape& Insidious or Keen Augment
Weaponsmith:
Practiced Deception& Insidious or Keen Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better
+Hit item Hardened Madrosa Striker& Insidious or Keen Augment **While this is a warrior tank bow, the weapon dps is high and is valued more than dex and the like -- this can be used until you acquire Pachis' Guided marker from experts)

-- Tanking(400 toughness and 400 hit) BiS spreadsheet, Augments to use: Stellar or Empyrean Rugged Augment B)Stellar or Empyrean Averting Augment
Artificer:
+Hit item Fortified Chrysoprase Lariat& Rugged or Averting Augment
+Hit item Fortified Chrysoprase eye& Rugged or Averting Augment -- Get two of these crafted
Outfitter:
+Hit item Fortified Truehide Hood& Rugged or Averting Augment
Fortified Truehide Belt& Rugged or Averting Augment
Armorsmith:
Empyrean Cape& Rugged or Averting Augment
Unshakable Defiance& Rugged Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better
Weaponsmith:
+Hit item Hardened Madrosa Striker& Rugged or Averting Augment **While a warrior tank bow, this has a massive amount of endurance on it

:haw: Warrior
--DPS BiS spreadsheet, Augments to use: A)Stellar or Empyrean Barbaric Augment or B)Stellar or Empyrean Brutal Augment, made by Weaponsmiths
Artificer:
+Hit item Vicious Chrysoprase Gorget& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
+Hit item Vicious Chrysoprase Knuckle& Barbaric or Brutal Augment -- Get two of these crafted
Armorsmith:
Vicious Rhenium Cape& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
Vicious Rhenium bindings& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
+Hit item Vicious Rhenium Greathelm& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
Apothecary:
Force& Barbaric or Brutal Augment -- This seal is much cheaper to make than the BiS, which is only slightly better

-- Tanking(400 toughness and 400 hit) BiS spreadsheet, Augments to use: Stellar or Empyrean Rugged Augment B)Stellar or Empyrean Impenetrable Augment
Artificer:
+Hit item Vicious Chrysoprase Gorget& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment
+Hit item Hardened Chrysoprase Eye& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment -- Get two of these crafted
Armorsmith:
Empyrean Cape& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment
Hardened Rhenium bindings& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
+Hit item Vicious Rhenium Greathelm& Barbaric or Brutal Augment
Weaponsmith:
+Hit item Hardened Madrosa Striker& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment
+Hit item Hardened Rhenium Longsword& Rugged or Impenetrable Augment

InfiniteNoodles
Jul 9, 2008
Could I get a guild invite for Kjarl please?

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
i got bored

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEGNb3XIwA8

Merope
Apr 19, 2010

Smurf it up
I'm still some hours away from Experienced but that Raptr promotion thingie just reached 0 codes left to claim. :smith: If anyone has a spare code I would take good care of it, my address is roxalien at yahoo dot com.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

Should include this too: http://www.rift-hero.com/magegear/

It organizes the gear by different weights per spec as any spec with Burning Fury likes Crit Power a lot more than those without for example.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So, I bought this game at launch and was thinking about playing again when f2p dropped. How exactly do I play a Harbringer since it does not show up in my soul list when I create a character?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Fat_Cow posted:

So, I bought this game at launch and was thinking about playing again when f2p dropped. How exactly do I play a Harbringer since it does not show up in my soul list when I create a character?

Harbinger is unavailable without Storm Legion, or purchasing the soul off the cash shop after tomorrow. So unfortunately you can't play around without dropping some cash.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
You have to buy Storm Legion or wait until tomorrow and buy the Harbinger soul. It wasn't part of the launch souls.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Any estimate on how much $ I need to drop?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Fat_Cow posted:

Any estimate on how much $ I need to drop?

They were like 3500 credits, if I remember right, so at least :20bux:.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Any extra Raptr codes? I might be willing to throw some money at people.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

madstrike posted:

P.S: Harbinger with 3 points on Stormcaller for bigger Forked Lightning is pretty awesome. It's like a lightning and lazers show :3:

Sold!

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem
Can I get an invite on Saraid please :)

What's the guild policy for alts? Just one or two or add them all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrocrag
Oct 22, 2004

True love at last
I would like a guild invite for SpraynardKruger please.

• Locked thread