Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I actually liked the title, had a nice duwang ring to it which was appropriate to part IV.

I guess the ASB devs tweeted that they are coming to America, presumably for E3. I can't imagine they are going to announce an American version of the game. If they do, I'm really going to regret preordering an overpriced import copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Broseph Brostar posted:

I actually liked the title, had a nice duwang ring to it which was appropriate to part IV.

I guess the ASB devs tweeted that they are coming to America, presumably for E3. I can't imagine they are going to announce an American version of the game. If they do, I'm really going to regret preordering an overpriced import copy.

Don't worry, I think they're going to announce a Naruto game.

Edit: apparently there's a Gallery mode with :

Model Viewer
Sound Test
Art Viewer
JoJo Dictionary
Gallery Shop

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 9, 2013

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

LordMune posted:

Seems sanity caught up with them so they've renamed part 4 from Diamond is not crash to Diamond is unbreakable.

gently caress yes.

Im sort of gonna miss Diamond is not Crash. Its one of those phrases that are just fun to say.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kurtofan posted:

Don't worry, I think they're going to announce a Naruto game.

Man they just release their newest Naruto game three months ago, there's no way they're putting our a new one so soon. It's probably ASB or a completely new project altogether. That being said I'm still importing even if it is hitting the west, the sooner I play it the better and I'll buy it again in English so I give even more money to JoJo.

On the subject of Diamond is Unbreakable. I didn't really like Diamond is not Crash, I've been saying Unbreakable for years and I don't care for the kind of Engrish that invade the title of the series.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Apparently a new character will be announced(from the official website):

Considering the background, it's a Phantom Blood character so most likely Part 1 Dio.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jun 10, 2013

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress, I thought I was excited about all the talent they brought into the voice casting but then this new trailer came, and it made me notice two voice actors for certain Part 5 characters:

Bru-Bu: Noriaki Sugiyama
Diavolo: TOSHIYUKI MORIKAWA :sbahj:

Now, while Sugiyama does seem suited for Bruno, I am honestly excited now that they got Tekkaman loving Blade for this, since I couldn't honestly picture anybody else doing that crazy weirdo proper justice. Now I want to see the anime for both this and Part 4 to really happen, because it's gonna be so goddamn fun to hear these two in action.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
There's a problem with your post here.

And a Diavolo who can teleport himself and his opponent around would be rad. It sorta fits his power in the comic and would work great for a fighting game. Always have a positioning advantage, get in sneak attacks, confuse human opponents with crazy crap. Kind of like how Dhalsim is in most of his incarnations.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

This trailer just makes me want to get this game all the more. It looks like there are alternate skins for the characters, so hopefully they'll give Jotaro his part four outfit and Kira as Kawajiri. Maybe even some of the splash art made into in game outfits. :allears:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Fiend Computer posted:

This trailer just makes me want to get this game all the more. It looks like there are alternate skins for the characters, so hopefully they'll give Jotaro his part four outfit and Kira as Kawajiri. Maybe even some of the splash art made into in game outfits. :allears:

Well, considering Kira's description didn't have any of his post-makeover attacks, odds are we're gonna have two Kiras rather than Kira having alternate models.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Fiend Computer posted:

This could mean the DLC Kira has the option of being changed into Kawajiri at least.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 10, 2013

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
EDIT: Wait nevermind, I thought he was talking about something else. Another Kira could be very possible, especially if another Dio that's not Diego is possible too.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jun 10, 2013

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Thing is, part I Dio is only necessary to give Jonathon a proper villain and Diego is pretty much an entirely different character. I don't think Kawajiri is going to be anything more than an alt costume for Kira. Not that I'm against having an extra Kira with a moveset including involving Stray Cat, I just don't think its likely.

That being said, I'm going to be very disappointed if Diego isn't in the game. We already know Valentine is probably going to be in the game because of the part VII level, but Diego is a much more exciting character for a fighting game.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

If they pass up the opportunity to include a person who can turn into a god drat raptor in a fighting game then they have hosed up. Hell he can even turn the horse into a bigger one, that's two loving raptors in one character right there.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Broseph Brostar posted:

Thing is, part I Dio is only necessary to give Jonathon a proper villain.

Why does Jonathan need a proper villain in this game? For his part of the story mode? Make a drat what-if scenario where Jonathan fights Part 3 Dio, there done. I've given Jonathan his proper villain and spared wasting time and development on Part 1 Dio and his boring powers. Also, I am not at all disbelieving CC2 making a second Kira, because they are a stupid set of developers who have hosed up priorities on their cast under the reasoning of "We're remaining true to the series" and they could use a second Kira that has the more crazy and memorable stuff Kira had to justify making his David Bowie look DLC and still give Josuke a villain.

Again, this is all just speculation based on there not being Stray Cat or Bites the Dust in Kira's moveset, but I still do not doubt they will make a second Kira.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 10, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Other costumes besides Kiwajiri Kira:

Dio final form.

Cover Volume 4 Jonathan:

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun

Broseph Brostar posted:

Do you have a link of that? Some people think it is some new Tekken game, but I am hoping they are wrong.

If it does come out in the US, please have the gold experience box as part of the release!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
HD Trailer released :siren:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe9pvmZM1mA

Speedwagon is narrating!

Edit: man I really love Diavolo in this trailer.

Haha the squirrel attack.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jun 10, 2013

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Why does Jonathan need a proper villain in this game? For his part of the story mode? Make a drat what-if scenario where Jonathan fights Part 3 Dio, there done. I've given Jonathan his proper villain and spared wasting time and development on Part 1 Dio and his boring powers. Also, I am not at all disbelieving CC2 making a second Kira, because they are a stupid set of developers who have hosed up priorities on their cast under the reasoning of "We're remaining true to the series" and they could use a second Kira that has the more crazy and memorable stuff Kira had to justify making his David Bowie look DLC and still give Josuke a villain.

Again, this is all just speculation based on there not being Stray Cat or Bites the Dust in Kira's moveset, but I still do not doubt they will make a second Kira.

You're being rather harsh. And part 1 should have a villain and lots of people like Part 1 Dio's powers.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

I remember them saying this wasn't meant to be a competitive game and more of a game for Jojo fans so it would be pretty weird to just not have the big bad guy from every part show up. And while it might push some other characters to be DLC, it makes more sense to have a complete story mode with all the major players in it than have minor characters and a off story (or having to pay for the correct boss).

Of course it would still be poo poo to lose FF or Hot Pants on launch over a second Kira or two Diegos.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Someone already subbed the trailer, that was fast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjUicnQpskM&feature=youtu.be

Thanks!

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jun 12, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Kurtofan posted:

Someone already subbed the trailer, that was fast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjUicnQpskM&feature=youtu.be
Reuploaded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd26Mgrbg08

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I will accept no less than fives Dios :colbert:. We need Dio Brando, DIO, Diego with Scary Monsters, Diego with The World, and Johnny/Jesus DIO from Jojolion.

Hell while we're at it, how about Dio's head in a jar carried by Wang Chung, premask rear end in a top hat Dio with boxing moves and dog kicking, Diego with no stand, and throw in shadow Dio for shits and giggles.

E: punctuation

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 10, 2013

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Broseph Brostar posted:

I will accept no less than fives Dios :colbert:. We need Dio Brando, DIO, Diego with Scary Monsters, Diego with The World, and Johnny/Jesus DIO from Jojolion.

Hell while we're at it, how about Dio's head in a jar carried by Wang Chung, premask rear end in a top hat Dio with boxing moves and dog kicking, Diego with no stand, and throw in shadow Dio for shits and giggles.

E: punctuation

Dio's Bone from Stone Ocean with Green Baby transformation super

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Dio's Bizarre Fighter: Dio Edition (with Dio as DLC)

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Don't forget little kid Dio from the SBR flashback.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Add in a mode where various Dio's are dressed up as protagonists and try to force themselves to say their lines. MUDA MUD- I MEAN ORA ORA ORA ORA.

gently caress now I really want a all Dio fighting game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is it wrong that I was smiling like an idiot during that entire trailer?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Waffleman_ posted:

Is it wrong that I was smiling like an idiot during that entire trailer?

Rururururururu :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I swear, this game and the anime have perfect voice casting.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
Romi Park is one of my favorite voice actors and she did a really good job with Narancia.

Re: Part 1 villain, they could always go for Bruford/Tarkus. They had cool fights and I'm pretty sure Tarkus killed more main characters than Dio.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

Groghammer posted:

Romi Park is one of my favorite voice actors and she did a really good job with Narancia.

Romi Park's voicing Koichi, actually. Narancia's voiced by Yuuko Sanpei, and is probably my personal choice for best casting so far, because goddamn.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

"ARIARIARIARIARRIVIDERCI"

Oh Jesus Christ CC2 don't make me want this game even more.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Plutonis posted:

"ARIARIARIARIARRIVIDERCI"

Oh Jesus Christ CC2 don't make me want this game even more.

Goddammit everything about this trailer was beautiful. And now to be able to listen to it properly. I retract everything I posted that doubted Mister Kamiya's skills. Romi Park as Koichi was a blast and so was Yuuko Sanpei as Narancia.

The cake, however, was listening to that "Arrivederci!" with the proper swagger that the Protagonist of Part 5 deserves. Whoever was in charge of Casting for the whole project(anime and game) just knocked it out of the park. The only one I felt could have been miscast was Kazuhiko Inoue but even he learned to step up to the plate and just channel his inner crazy.

I can't believe I'm this excited over a video game. I just... want to be September already, goddammit.

The best part of the trailer? Speedwagon :3:

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008
I'm surprised they kept that scene where Buccellati sees himself, since I thought that was one of Araki's weird mistakes.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

failedninja posted:

I'm surprised they kept that scene where Buccellati sees himself, since I thought that was one of Araki's weird mistakes.

No, that makes perfect sense. He was seeing himself in the future.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
So is the cast summary from the second half of the live showing going to turn up somewhere?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hope someone gets to translating that trailer asap so I can read that section that looked like it was talking about gameplay mechanics for all of 10 seconds before it switched to costumes and poses and focused on that more instead.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Hope someone gets to translating that trailer asap so I can read that section that looked like it was talking about gameplay mechanics for all of 10 seconds before it switched to costumes and poses and focused on that more instead.

The subbed trailer is linked on this very page.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
In other Jojo merchandising news, dress your baby up in one of these stylish outfifts based on Jojo characters. If I had a baby, I know I'd want him looking as stylish as Dio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calilco
Mar 27, 2010

Kuroyama posted:

In other Jojo merchandising news, dress your baby up in one of these stylish outfifts based on Jojo characters. If I had a baby, I know I'd want him looking as stylish as Dio.

Jesus Christ these are adorable

The Johnny one almost made me puke blood.

calilco fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 12, 2013

• Locked thread