Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Daunqaala needs a re-invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Your count of credits are now available in your account management page.

Neat thing that I wasn't aware of - everyone who has subscribed in the past is also getting credits for their past subscription time (180 a month for the first 12, 90 a month for months 13-18, and 45 a month for every month after 18).

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
On that note... I appear to have 20,350 total credits available.

I guess I should finish leveling my cleric from 50 to 60 some time. I predict a lot more carnage quests, I think I've forgotten how to level efficiently in this game :cripes:

Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

Wildebeesty needs an invite please.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Kyrosiris posted:

Your count of credits are now available in your account management page.

Neat thing that I wasn't aware of - everyone who has subscribed in the past is also getting credits for their past subscription time (180 a month for the first 12, 90 a month for months 13-18, and 45 a month for every month after 18).

Is this something that's happening after the downtime? I subbed for six months on and off but it currently says I have 0 credits.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
So something weird is going on with my account. I never purchased Storm Legion, but I when I logged in last night (without a subscription too, but I think I read something about early F2P for game owners), I suddenly had access to all the expansion souls. Could this have something to do with me having the collector's edition from release or something, or am I suddenly going to be locked out of my characters that have them equipped when I log on today?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
Just a reminder:

:siren:Servers go down at 8am PDT for up to 4 hours today.:siren:

http://tinyurl.com/mxhaqc9

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

DancingShade posted:

On that note... I appear to have 20,350 total credits available.

Odd, i only have 3.2k, and ive been here since beta with only a few months sub-less when Infernal Dawn was a thing.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Quinquereme posted:

Can I get an invite on Saraid please :)

What's the guild policy for alts? Just one or two or add them all?

Add all the alts you want

edit: I have been subscribed since release, and have an active sub out until april 2014, and I have ~3500 credits on my account.

I realize you get patron benefits for the remaining sub time, but the actual number of credits for alllllll that sub time is pretty small. Bit disappointed there.

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jun 12, 2013

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

mr. nobody posted:

Add all the alts you want

edit: I have been subscribed since release, and have an active sub out until april 2014, and I have ~3500 credits on my account.

I realize you get patron benefits for the remaining sub time, but the actual number of credits for alllllll that sub time is pretty small. Bit disappointed there.

I think the main thing you get for past subscription time is going to be loyalty, not credits. Or at least that's how I understood it from their original posts on the matter.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Zelmel posted:

So something weird is going on with my account. I never purchased Storm Legion, but I when I logged in last night (without a subscription too, but I think I read something about early F2P for game owners), I suddenly had access to all the expansion souls. Could this have something to do with me having the collector's edition from release or something, or am I suddenly going to be locked out of my characters that have them equipped when I log on today?

Same thing happened to me. Not sure why or how. I went ahead and got the free storm legion upgrade anyway. I doubt they will lock any of your characters. Be the guinea pig!

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
If someone could send an invite to Benoit that would be awesome. Looking forward to getting in on goon MMO shenanigans.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Daerc posted:

I think the main thing you get for past subscription time is going to be loyalty, not credits. Or at least that's how I understood it from their original posts on the matter.

Here's the details on the past-subscription credits: https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1586/kw/credits

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

Looking around the forums, it seems like most people got the credits for PTS store purchases as well as past subscription. A lot of people are still missing Storm Chaser bonus so that should hopefully be coming in soon as well.

Edit: Daglar just confirmed that it is all work in progress so your current points are not final yet:

quote:

We are not yet done awarding credits at this moment in time. The platform webpages were updated yesterday and you can see some of the work in progress.

~Daglar

Antaris fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 12, 2013

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
In the past I subscribed to this game, 8 months if I recall, but that was over a year ago. Will I get credit for those months or do they have to be adjacent to the F2P release?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Oraculum Animi posted:

In the past I subscribed to this game, 8 months if I recall, but that was over a year ago. Will I get credit for those months or do they have to be adjacent to the F2P release?

Copied from the Rift forum (and copied from Trion's support FAQ)

quote:

Credits:
The total credits you receive per month subscribed varies depending on the amount of time you have been a subscriber prior to patch 2.3 (the F2P conversion date).

--- First 360 days of subscription time
-------- 6 credits per day, 180 credits per month

--- Next 180 days of subscription time
-------- 3 credits per day, 180 credits per month

--- Days 541 and beyond of subscription time
-------- 1.5 credits per day, 45 credits per month

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Copied from the Rift forum (and copied from Trion's support FAQ)

I was just curious because I checked my account and I have 0 available credits, so I guess it's part of the ongoing process.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Just made a Rogue last night. Nutshot is the name. I might delete him for a mage though. This game is HUGE change of pace from the Vanilla wow server I'm playing on, I'll probably get used to it pretty quick though.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Oraculum Animi posted:

I was just curious because I checked my account and I have 0 available credits, so I guess it's part of the ongoing process.

Yeah, Daglar posted on the forums that they are still working on calculating everyones credit.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

zerocrash posted:

Should include this too: http://www.rift-hero.com/magegear/

It organizes the gear by different weights per spec as any spec with Burning Fury likes Crit Power a lot more than those without for example.

Rift Scene has gear lists for all classes, including weights for different specs.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
So ... Anyone got any clue what's going on with Rift? I'm trying to log my char on EU, but all the shards are locked and when I try to check out their webpage for some sort of info, the link changes to this address:
http://www.www.eu.riftgame.com/en/
and I get an error while trying to load it.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Datasmurf posted:

So ... Anyone got any clue what's going on with Rift? I'm trying to log my char on EU, but all the shards are locked and when I try to check out their webpage for some sort of info, the link changes to this address:
[url]http://www.https://www.eu.riftgame.com/en/[/url]

Last I heard they are wiping all characters and opening up a few new servers.

Check out the thread title and the date

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Datasmurf posted:

[url]http://www.https://www.eu.riftgame.com/en/[/url]

Kreczor posted:

Just a reminder:

:siren:Servers go down at 8am PDT for up to 4 hours today.:siren:

http://tinyurl.com/mxhaqc9

Top of the page there buddy.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Hey everybody here is some important F2P transition info that you might not know unless you tried the test server:

When the servers come up everyone is going to have a coin cap plus some account limits like no whispers. Everyone, this includes you long time subbers! In order to remove restrictions you have to claim the account restriction remover in the store and use it. (If you have ever subbed at all, you start with enough loyalty to get it.)

You will not be able to gain any new coin (above the 1000 plat limit) or use the AH until you claim and use it!

Mormon Star Wars fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jun 12, 2013

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Only if you have more than 1000 plat, that is.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Kreczor posted:

Top of the page there buddy.

Ah, sorry about that. I thought it only applied to NA.
Didn't see that it was EU too.

Guess I'll have to go out and enjoy the sun instead.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Looks like servers are UP!

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Server's are up!

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Hah, they sent out a global message that if you haven't recieved your credits or loyalty you need to contact a GM. But when I try to use the GM window it errors out.

I'm not mad about this or anything it's the first five minutes of a new patch, but it is amusing.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
It's pretty hilariously broken and laggy isn't it? :allears:

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
So now that the game's gone F2P, will I need to buy Storm Legion to play again or am I fine just downloading the client and going nuts?

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

Krakatoah posted:

So now that the game's gone F2P, will I need to buy Storm Legion to play again or am I fine just downloading the client and going nuts?
You won't have access to the expansion souls, but you're fine for everything else.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Man this in-game store actually seems useful if it just lets you sell grey items whenever. All the sourcestone prices seem way high in the store, but that makes sense, unless they're the same price at the vendors?

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

PrinnySquadron posted:

Man this in-game store actually seems useful if it just lets you sell grey items whenever.
The greatest in-game ad of all: allowing you to bypass practically every vendor in-game through the cash shop.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
So I log into the game when the patcher hits the "Playable" stage...and all the buildings in Sanctum are gone. All that I can see is land, sea, a bunch of other characters, and a mailbox. Which doesn't work.

No worries, they are doing a pretty big changeover and patch today after all, so it's just teething problems. I'll just let it finish patching. After it's done, I log back in, and everything looks good, all the buildings are back. So I figure now, I'll just check out the cash shop...where I discover I have 0 credits (I had checked earlier in the day on the webpage and saw I'd had around 6,680 or so).

OK, I'd seen the message about what to do if your credits are missing, no problem, I'll just contact customer service...and the game crashes out on me.

So then, I decide to go to Rift's website and verify just how many credits I had and maybe open a CS ticket through there...and the login webpage is unavailable due to "scheduled maintenance".

...yeah, I think I might just wait a little while before I try logging in again. :v:

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

THE STORE SELLS A CORGI WITH A LITTLE BOW.

This is the best cash store ever :v:

Edit: One has a top hat!

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

PrinnySquadron posted:

Man this in-game store actually seems useful if it just lets you sell grey items whenever. All the sourcestone prices seem way high in the store, but that makes sense, unless they're the same price at the vendors?

I think they inflated the gently caress out of stone purchases. I had less than 200 stones before 2.3 and I logged in and have over 2k.

edit: And carnage gives you 90 instead of the 2 or whatever it was before.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

necrotic posted:

I think they inflated the gently caress out of stone purchases. I had less than 200 stones before 2.3 and I logged in and have over 2k.

edit: And carnage gives you 90 instead of the 2 or whatever it was before.

Does no one read patch notes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
I haven't really played this since a few months after release, but I might as well jump back in now! Hopefully I can get my credits/loyalty for my old sub time soon. My new character is Zedmel (dammit, I can't join custom chat channels, presumably because it thinks I'm on a brand new unverified F2P account due to having no loyalty).

• Locked thread