Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

YF19pilot posted:

wait, did you get my post about my times, or did I not do it official like?
I did see the post, but I forgot about it when I just did the update but you're on there now. You're GTCC right? Also, you are doing the short (club) version of Alps, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

This much I can at least say is incorrect because Dan touched on it a little bit; every time someone goes out onto the track with your livery, you get money. Even if their drivatard uses it, you get money.

I know, it's a joke. But he also said "I dunno MAYBE??" when asked about the Fanatec working. Vagueness is a skill of studio heads.

Granted, Microsoft is still testing the microtransaction boundaries. This time. Xbox Two/Forza 12 for sure though.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Add me to the list of people who is really bummed out he can't justify getting an Xbox One just for Forza 5. :(

Playstation 4 preordered

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Did they hint at anything regarding the tracks? The newer ones were really good but there were some that I think were carried over from an older Forza that felt dated in 4. Especially the mangled version of the Nurburgring that could launch your car into the air in places where the elevation went all wrong.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Cannot Find Server posted:

I think if either of those were in, they'd have chosen that track for their big reveal at e3. Not some made-up track in a city that probably half of the Xbox userbase have never heard of.

Not necessarily. You have to remember that race tracks are very dull visually when compared to fictional courses, and when you're debuting your new game you want to wow people with how impressive the visuals are. What looks more impressive to the average gamer, a gorgeous city track set in Prague, or the comparatively visually bland Mount Panorama?

This is why Bernese Alps was used for the Forza 4 reveal, and Camino Viejo was used for Forza 3.

There is a chance that Turn 10 finally got round to including Spa and Mount Panorama, but given their history it's just as likely they've chosen some really crappy tracks instead like Circuit of the Americas.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Here are my predictions:

--Storefront is gone, liveries and tunes are $.99. Weekly DLC.

I will poo poo down someone's throat.

Ether Frenzy posted:

--Car list is cut in half, "to accommodate Forzavista".

This is probably close to accurate. With every car being Vista-capable, then they've probably been upping detail on Forza 4 cars, specifically engine/drivetrain/underbody

Ether Frenzy posted:

--Everyone drops L_Harrison from their friends list because his loving Drivatar won't stop owning you

I can see this happening :smith:, or I'm too fast for him so he keeps running into walls.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

L_Harrison posted:

I will poo poo down someone's throat.

This is probably close to accurate. With every car being Vista-capable, then they've probably been upping detail on Forza 4 cars, specifically engine/drivetrain/underbody

I can see this happening :smith:, or I'm too fast for him so he keeps running into walls.

Live footage of Drivatar L_Harrison being created:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YYqnw4nm-c

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Managed a 3:06.843 in a 360CS on Camino and a 1:42.999 in a Citroen C1 on Alps Club. I'll get screenshots up tomorrow.

Edit: [AUGR] Eperitus

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnK_u5s30_g

Forza, stop it :stare::fh:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Here's the article: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/Open_Wheel_6_11_13

Looks like it's getting an Indy car as well as the 1976 Mclaren M23 and Ferrari 312-2. As seen in the blockbuster Rush by Ron Howard brought to you by Doritos Locos, Live Mas.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Edmund Honda, currently down without a club, is [SAEG] btw. Also thanks for doing this; inter-club stuff has been a long time coming.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I did see the post, but I forgot about it when I just did the update but you're on there now. You're GTCC right? Also, you are doing the short (club) version of Alps, right?

It's on Alps Short? Crap, I did Alps full. I'll work on it tonight. And yes, I'm GTCC. Like I said, I should be on your friends list - [GTCC] Swedespeed.

e:

Cojawfee posted:

Here's the article: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/Open_Wheel_6_11_13

Looks like it's getting an Indy car as well as the 1976 Mclaren M23 and Ferrari 312-2. As seen in the blockbuster Rush by Ron Howard brought to you by Doritos Locos, Live Mas. Danica Patrick.

Fixed that for you.

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jun 12, 2013

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Basticle posted:

Just a reminder that you guys are more than welcome to come race with us PAers. We do Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9PM EST

tonight is just a random fuckaround lobby

thursday is C Class Smart cars

next tuesday is B Class Asian, no restrictions

my GT is Basticular

I tried to add you last night but your friends list is full :(

And I just realized I could have sent you a message, oops.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Scatterfold posted:

Edmund Honda, currently down without a club, is [SAEG] btw. Also thanks for doing this; inter-club stuff has been a long time coming.

It's one of the things that you lose when your Gold expires, along with any kind of interaction with other people

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

speedtek posted:

I tried to add you last night but your friends list is full :(

And I just realized I could have sent you a message, oops.

I was thinking i only had like 85ish people on my friends list so thats strange. Also you can still join on me by looking at my profile on whacubed's friends list.

You missed out, I loaded up a lobby setting I made a couple of years ago called "Hypercar vs Malaise"

D class 77-89 American cars vs R3 supercars in a bucket that starts 20 secends later. You quickly learn true terror.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 12, 2013

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Edmund Honda posted:

It's one of the things that you lose when your Gold expires, along with any kind of interaction with other people

You're [SAEG] as heck, whether Forza says so or not mate lad pal.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I was THIS close to swearing off an Xbone until they put this teaser out.

loving Microsoft. :negative:

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Repeating the general consensus for the umpteenth time but god damnit Microsoft!

Before they revealed the console I was pumped, willing to drop money on the console based entirely on the amazing Forza 5 with 32 player grids, day/night racing and multiple weather types that I had pictured in my head.

Instead we get Forza 4.1 with pretty paint and a reflection of your dashboard on your windscreen. How did they not add a day/night cycle? I mean Forza Horizon had it in the game on the previous console!

Weather I can almost forgive but still, this is a console being released in the year 2013. Day/night cycles and weather are not something new to racing games.

At least they added open wheel cars, woo :effort:

It pains me to think that I won't be buying an Xbone, at least not immediately, simply because I'm gonna be leaving SAEG behind.

Might spend the money on upgrading my gaming rig and make the jump to Project CARS too.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Basticle posted:

I was thinking i only had like 85ish people on my friends list so thats strange. Also you can still join on me by looking at my profile on whacubed's friends list.

You missed out, I loaded up a lobby setting I made a couple of years ago called "Hypercar vs Malaise"

D class 77-89 American cars vs R3 supercars in a bucket that starts 20 secends later. You quickly learn true terror.

Please tell me you ran that setting on Top Gear Full. The crossover becomes tons of fun after a couple laps.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

speedtek posted:

Please tell me you ran that setting on Top Gear Full. The crossover becomes tons of fun after a couple laps.

Of course we did, although the terrible handling of the malaise cars ended up being more of ahazard to us than the R3 cars.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
Just give me Caterhams and all is...I can't say it.

God drat it Turn 10!

Tragic Otter
Aug 3, 2000

Jarf posted:

Repeating the general consensus for the umpteenth time but god damnit Microsoft!

Before they revealed the console I was pumped, willing to drop money on the console based entirely on the amazing Forza 5 with 32 player grids, day/night racing and multiple weather types that I had pictured in my head.

Instead we get Forza 4.1 with pretty paint and a reflection of your dashboard on your windscreen. How did they not add a day/night cycle? I mean Forza Horizon had it in the game on the previous console!

I don't understand this attitude at all. They're at adding in an entirely new AI system, along with whatever new cars/tracks/whatever you'd usually expect to get, and some general graphics/physics improvements enabled by better hardware.

But because you can't race while it's raining (which has been pretty loving frustrating in ohhh, every game that's ever tried it) Forza 5 isn't a real update. My instinct is to think you're joking, but I know you're not.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The only reason why I would want different times of day is because of tracks like Laguna Seca. On the last straight, you end up with the sun in your eyes. The inclusion of open wheel cars is pretty awesome though. That's a major improvement as they didn't even model suspension parts before.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
From the Forza crew on the E3 floor, Fanatec is not a definite no, and "in 2-3 weeks more wheel compatability information will come out."

Edit:

Thomas at Fanatec posted:

I am currently here at E3 and a lot of things are going on. It is exciting to see a new console generation coming up.

At the moment we still did not get a final confirmation whether our Xbox 360 wheels will work on Xbox One natively (USB) or with an adaper or upgrade kit or not at all. Therefore we cannot promise you anything other than that we are trying to find a solution and if MS allows it then we would certainly support any solution which increases the compatibility of your XBox 360 wheels.

You can be sure that we are working to make our wheels compatible with the next gen consoles or develop solutions which will provide compatibility but at this point it is too early to discuss it.

In any case our wheels will work with GT6 and after playing it, I am quite excited about the improvements of the physics.

http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/10006

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 12, 2013

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Is GT6 for PS3 or PS4? And if its for 3, would it work on the 4? I don't have a lot of faith in the fanatec wheels working on the Xbone.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Ringo Star Get posted:

Is GT6 for PS3 or PS4? And if its for 3, would it work on the 4? I don't have a lot of faith in the fanatec wheels working on the Xbone.

PS3 and no, there isn't backwards compat except for maybe PSX.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
God drat that car looks amazing. And look at that tire. I don't know about yall, but this teaser is way more exciting to me than the McLaren v McLaren trailer.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That's stupid as poo poo that Microsoft hasn't even given Fanatec an xbone to test their wheels with. They just worked with Fanatec to bring two Forza branded wheels to the market for the 360 and now possibly nothing. Way to burn bridges. Normally I would reserve judgement until the full story comes out, but it sounds like wireless is going to be a must for the Xbone. It doesn't use the 360 wireless format, so that means there's no way to make the fanatec wheels work without a firmware update. If Fanatec haven't been able to get their hands on some specs, or a devbox, that means they haven't made this firmware update, which means no Fanatec wheels for Xbone. Perhaps Microsoft has been doing some testing of their own in secret, but I don't think they would do that without being in contact with Fanatec.

Turn 10 mentions "other wheels" but for all I know, that means a madcatz wheel or another accelerometer based wheel. The next few weeks decides if I keep my xbone preorder. If I can't use a wheel I have, I'm canceling and buying a CSW for PC use. Then I'll see how GT6 turns out and maybe get a PS3.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

YF19pilot posted:

It's on Alps Short? Crap, I did Alps full. I'll work on it tonight. And yes, I'm GTCC. Like I said, I should be on your friends list - [GTCC] Swedespeed.

Alright, just put in a time around Alps Club. I'm like 8500 or so with a 1:43.something.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Ether Frenzy posted:

From the Forza crew on the E3 floor, Fanatec is not a definite no, and "in 2-3 weeks more wheel compatability information will come out."

I went to E3 today and got the same thing from the Forza guys there - more wheel info to come in the next few weeks. Thrustmaster is definitely making a new wheel for the Xbone, but they're all hoping that they can make the existing Fanatecs work. As a Fanatec owner, I'm in the same boat as the rest of you in that I'm really not interested in buying a new console and a new wheel just to play Forza 5 and that message seems to have been shared with the Forza team at E3 by quite a few people.

Cojawfee posted:

Normally I would reserve judgement until the full story comes out, but it sounds like wireless is going to be a must for the Xbone.

Not sure where you're getting the "wireless is a must" thing from. There's definitely USB connectivity available on the Xbone, so the most likely way of having the Fanatecs work is to have them connected by USB and in PC mode, then all they need is a working HID driver for the wheels to function. I'm not saying that outcome is likely, because who the gently caress knows what MS is going to decide to do, but it's definitely the easiest route to go for some compatibility.

The game itself is beautiful though. It's definitely a big step up in visual quality over FM4, as you'd expect with next gen hardware. I played the demo setup with the Thrustmaster demo wheel and the game is impressive. The wheel didn't feel as tight and responsive as the Fanatec wheels, but it's a demo version of the hardware running on demo software in god-knows-what configuration that's been abused for who knows how long, so I'm not reading too much into how that'll translate to the production versions. The demo also doesn't have any other cars on the track with you, which would have been nice to see.

I played GT6 also and it looks great, especially for being current gen, but the physics still feel like crap compared to FM4/5.

As it stands, Microsoft is really trying as hard as they can to get me to cancel my Xbone pre-order, but some good news regarding Fanatec compatibility in a few weeks could change my mind.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Not only is there definitely USB, but they've specifically confirmed that the official controller will switch to communicating over USB when plugged in, so there is definitely official support for input devices using USB.

It all comes down to MS not being dicks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

wolrah posted:

Sadly this is a trend likely to continue well into the Xbox One.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wolrah posted:

Microsoft has literally come out and said that they don't care about the core demographic of Xbox gamers. Like, no hyperbole, they actually said that exact thing. So don't get your hopes up.

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation
"We already have a product out there for people who want to use their Fanatecs to play, it's called the Xbox 360."

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Lets not forget that the official Xbox 360 wheel was discontinued in lieu of the U-shaped double dildo controller. I honestly don't see MS working with Fanatec to get the wheels to work on the Xbone because you know, that's money that isn't being spent on an official Xbone W-shaped racing controller that shoots fire ants up your rear end.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The best we can hope for is that Forza 5 sells poorly and comes to the PC as a result. :( Although that is more likely to just have the Forza franchise killed off altogether.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Honestly since it is a Microsoft-funded title, it should be one of those cross-platform games to entice sim racers. But you know, gotta sell them boxes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If nothing else this game is drop dead gorgeous. Easily the best looking racing game right now. It'll be interesting to see how much this improves over the next few installments.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I said come in! posted:

If nothing else this game is drop dead gorgeous. Easily the best looking racing game right now. It'll be interesting to see how much this improves over the next few installments.

It looks incredible and is apparently running at 1080p/60fps. I'm so god drat ready for launch. I feel like this is why I bought a huge plasma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Looks awesome, too bad its on a system that sucks. This is going to be the like the time I bought a Focus ST instead of an 500 Abarth.

• Locked thread