Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Eh, if you don't care about tournaments you can get all the PvE cards entirely free just by playing through that part of the game. Can't use 'em in most tournament formats, but you should be able to use 'em in casual PvP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I am really interested in the crafting and seeing how many cards it shreds to make something. Specially if they make crafting cards that have to destroy so many legendary or rares to craft.

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.
So I went all in with this game on the Collector Tier and paid my monies. Am I missing a step now? I didn't receive an email or anything with a code on it. I didn't see anyway to create an account on their site so am I just waiting for an email at this point?

Thanks for any info!

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Yep, just wait for an email sometime late august/early september

quote:

So, You Backed HEX. What Do You Do Now?

Once you've backed and Kickstarter/Amazon has processed your pledge, you can relax. You're good to go. We'll have a master list of all backers and be able to communicate to you. If you're a PayPal backer, your PayPal activity is your receipt. We have a spreadsheet of all HEX backers.

We'll be updating once every week here on Kickstarter and on the HEXTCG.com website until alpha launch . You'll see new art, client updates, STREAMS!, Q&A, and more. Once we get close to Alpha launch, we'll let you know what's coming in an update both here and on the HEX website. You'll then receive an email via the email address we have on record with information directing you on how to register for your HEX account to reserve your character name, guild name. You'll likely be able to merge accounts at that time if you need to.

As we're moving through Alpha and things are going well, we'll then announce when Beta begins. At that point, we'll let you know how Beta works and how you will collect your rewards.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

cathead posted:

Not sure where you got your information from but Beta isn't until September with Alpha starting a few weeks earlier, so sometime in August most likely. If you missed out on the kickstarter (which it sounds like you did) your only choice is to get the Slacker Backer option. After that all there is to do is wait. :(

Did they ever say alpha was going to be a few weeks before beta? I've noticed a lot of people saying that, but all I've seen from CZE is that alpha will be a few weeks long, not that beta would follow immediately after.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

The Moon Monster posted:

Did they ever say alpha was going to be a few weeks before beta? I've noticed a lot of people saying that, but all I've seen from CZE is that alpha will be a few weeks long, not that beta would follow immediately after.

Yes, Cory clarified in one of the streams that alpha would go on a couple of weeks before beta.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

cathead posted:

Yes, Cory clarified in one of the streams that alpha would go on a couple of weeks before beta.

Ah cool, thanks.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
For something to play while waiting, DotP 2014 just opened up for Pre-Order on Steam, comes out in a couple of weeks.

Kairos
Oct 29, 2007

It's like taking a drug. At first it seems you can control it, but before you know it you'll be hooked.

My advice: 'Just say no' to communism.
And for those who don't know, it's worth pointing out that DotP 2014 features booster packs as rewards as you work through the campaign, which you can use for actual deck-building. So it looks like it's going to be a much more complete experience than the previous three.

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.
They haven't completely revealed how the sealed decks will work yet, beyond saying opening new slots will cost $2.99. It's entirely possible you will only get access to 2 sealed deck slots without the ability to delete them and re-roll, which means anyone willing to drop a bunch of money until they get the nuts is going to dominate sealed 1v1... which would be sucky. I'm not opposed to paying for digital cards, but it seems way out of place in DotP where you're basically only getting a year max out of your card pool.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Honestly, the lack of deckbuilding is the entire reason I played and enjoyed the DOTP series. Being able to pick a pre-con and play against other pre-cons made it more like an arcade-y fighting game which was a nice change of pace. Not that I don't like deckbuilding, far from it, but it was a nice alternative for $10. Not sure this is the place to talk about it though, I guess.

Kairos
Oct 29, 2007

It's like taking a drug. At first it seems you can control it, but before you know it you'll be hooked.

My advice: 'Just say no' to communism.

Vincent Valentine posted:

Honestly, the lack of deckbuilding is the entire reason I played and enjoyed the DOTP series. Being able to pick a pre-con and play against other pre-cons made it more like an arcade-y fighting game which was a nice change of pace. Not that I don't like deckbuilding, far from it, but it was a nice alternative for $10. Not sure this is the place to talk about it though, I guess.

I don't entirely disagree, though I wish there were a little bit more freedom in sideboarding cards. It's kind of frustrating to lose matches while drawing crap cards that the deck would be better not having, even without replacements.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I know its silly, but I can't help but think that Inspire is the wrong keyword - wouldn't it usually be the big tough guys who inspire their subordinates and not the other way around? That would make for a lovely mechanic but at least the name would make more sense.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Grim posted:

I know its silly, but I can't help but think that Inspire is the wrong keyword - wouldn't it usually be the big tough guys who inspire their subordinates and not the other way around? That would make for a lovely mechanic but at least the name would make more sense.

Grunts going above and beyond can be inspiring too (see every WW2 movie). I don't think it's really a big miss.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I looked at it like they are counting on you/look up to you/believe in you, so you come in bigger & badder to not let them down.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I wish they didn't stop the flow of information as soon as the kickstarter ended :(

tijag
Aug 6, 2002

nerox posted:

I wish they didn't stop the flow of information as soon as the kickstarter ended :(

They said they'll be posting once a week until alpha/beta whatever.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

tijag posted:

They said they'll be posting once a week until alpha/beta whatever.

Yeah, this. I wish it was a bit more myself. It would be nice to get 2-3 posts a week. I think keeping the community engaged and talking is a big deal. As much as I'm excited to play SolForge, that game poo poo the bed by going relatively silent for months.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Well someone on the official Hex forums pointed out this: http://www.gamespot.com/e3/stage-2-day-2/

Check out Day 2 at 11:20am

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Given they've decided to directly compete with magic online rather than carve out a different niche, I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing daily articles once the site is up--probably not as much content as dailymtg, but enough that the meet the bar set by their rival.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Karnegal posted:

Yeah, this. I wish it was a bit more myself. It would be nice to get 2-3 posts a week. I think keeping the community engaged and talking is a big deal. As much as I'm excited to play SolForge, that game poo poo the bed by going relatively silent for months.

I've really lost interest in that game. The beta has basically just let you pit two preconstructed decks against each other for months now. Although they recently upgraded it so you can buy more decks. I'm sort of amazed they're charging money for a game in such an unfinished state.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.

The Moon Monster posted:

I've really lost interest in that game. The beta has basically just let you pit two preconstructed decks against each other for months now. Although they recently upgraded it so you can buy more decks. I'm sort of amazed they're charging money for a game in such an unfinished state.

This. Not even looking forward to this game anymore. I don't think much of anyone else is either. It took months for the PC to get the same beta that was available on ipad. I got excited when it updated, but the computer on hard is barely a challenge, and we still haven't seen anything that looks like PvP that isn't on a local lan, nor have we seen deck building. What is also fun is that if the computer uses one of the 2 race demo decks, it has access to cards you don't in the same deck.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Seems they've added a deck builder to the current known card list. Theory deck crafting ho!
http://hex.potion-of-wit.com/deck.php

edit: wow. Check the equipment. Lots of new stuff I haven't seen yet

thiswayliesmadness fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jun 12, 2013

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Here is Stovetop posted:

This. Not even looking forward to this game anymore. I don't think much of anyone else is either. It took months for the PC to get the same beta that was available on ipad. I got excited when it updated, but the computer on hard is barely a challenge, and we still haven't seen anything that looks like PvP that isn't on a local lan, nor have we seen deck building. What is also fun is that if the computer uses one of the 2 race demo decks, it has access to cards you don't in the same deck.

Wait what? I've played a lot of games on both Steam and iPad, and I've never noticed any opponent exclusive cards. I think the game fills a different niche than Hex, and I'me still interested, but the flow of information has been awful.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Seems they've added a deck builder to the current known card list. Theory deck crafting ho!

I'm struck by how inventive some of these cards are. I'm really glad that Cryptozoic is completely embracing having an online-only game and taking advantage of that. Cards like Spectral Assassin, Zombie Plague, and Spectral Lotus Garden are absolutely bonkers and are great examples of things that would be impossible to do in a physical space. Really drat excited for this game now.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

First deck for PVP is definitely going to be Blood/Wild Shin Hare/zombie deck, there's some really good card synergy there.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
What does this symbol on cards mean?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

AlsoD posted:

What does this symbol on cards mean?

That card is a member of the ardent faction. No idea if that will have any gameplay impact or if it's just flavor.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Black Tiger equipment explicitly mentions Ardent/Underworld, so there's a non-zero amount of gameplay implications for factions.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Isn't your champion for PVE tied to a faction by virtue of selecting a race, as well? I imagine they won't be entirely strict about limiting decks to the faction of your champion, but there might be some dungeons/raids that utilize that as a restriction.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.

Karnegal posted:

Wait what? I've played a lot of games on both Steam and iPad, and I've never noticed any opponent exclusive cards. I think the game fills a different niche than Hex, and I'me still interested, but the flow of information has been awful.

They aren't exclusive, so there are 4 mono starter decks. And 2 demo decks, that are each 2 faction. Now the demo decks that are 2 faction don't have access to all of the same cards that are in the starter deck if you play them. If you play the computer AI on hard, when it plays a 2 faction deck it has access to cards from both factions that are not in the demo deck that you have. So it doesn't have exclusive cards, it's just that it's actual 2 faction demo deck has either more cards than yours or it's made with better cards from those factions. Let me rephrase, it seems like the 2 faction deck that the computer AI gets has access to all of the cards from both faction starter decks, while the 2 faction decks the players have access to, only have half of the cards for each faction.

Here is Stovetop fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jun 12, 2013

MateoV
Jan 13, 2005

never been seen it

TCG Browser has added HEX as well.

http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Live chat at E3 riiiiiight noooooooow http://www.gamespot.com/e3/stage-2-day-2/?tag=Topslot;Slot1

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
Very big sales pitch, very light on detail*. But the achievement system sounds really well done.

*new stuff, that is. He's going through a lot, just nothing backers didn't already know.

Adar fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 12, 2013

Kakesu
Nov 4, 2005

ETHICAL.

The game keeps restarting in the stream, which is fine, but I've noticed that every time it does, the champions are starting with 25 life. I can't remember 100%, but I think it's been 20 life to start in the previous footage we've seen. I wonder if this is a balance change overall, or if this is just for the E3 demo?

OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Kakesu posted:

The game keeps restarting in the stream, which is fine, but I've noticed that every time it does, the champions are starting with 25 life. I can't remember 100%, but I think it's been 20 life to start in the previous footage we've seen. I wonder if this is a balance change overall, or if this is just for the E3 demo?

Was it a PvE or PvP match? Because yeah, for PvP 20 has been and sorta is the established default. The starting conditions for a PvE match could be darn near anything, heck it would be fun to try and run a dungeon where you started at 50 life and had to make it through 5 games starting at the same life total you finished the last game with.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Missed the stream, is it archived anywhere yet?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

OBi posted:

Was it a PvE or PvP match? Because yeah, for PvP 20 has been and sorta is the established default. The starting conditions for a PvE match could be darn near anything, heck it would be fun to try and run a dungeon where you started at 50 life and had to make it through 5 games starting at the same life total you finished the last game with.

The text on Concubunny also referred to Battle Hoppers as "Young Tails". It's just some old footage.

Adar posted:

Very big sales pitch, very light on detail*. But the achievement system sounds really well done.

*new stuff, that is. He's going through a lot, just nothing backers didn't already know.

Did we know about the "treasure chest" thing in boosters? Apparently every(?) booster has a treasure chest in it which has a rarity of its own and can be filled with goodies (gold? sleeves? mercenaries?) including possibly another booster.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

Lone Goat posted:

Did we know about the "treasure chest" thing in boosters? Apparently every(?) booster has a treasure chest in it which has a rarity of its own and can be filled with goodies (gold? sleeves? mercenaries?) including possibly another booster.

It's been mentioned before, but I had assumed it would be PvE loot, any of those sounds pretty neat though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Spectral Werewolf posted:

It's been mentioned before, but I had assumed it would be PvE loot, any of those sounds pretty neat though.

I must have missed that, I'm not following the forums that closely because most of the important information is getting distilled here. But Cory definitely said on stream "maybe even another booster" inside the treasure chest.

• Locked thread