Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
:dong:

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Werthog 95 posted:

you were in times square and didn't eat at guy's american kitchen & bar. shameful.

please don't post stolen content

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Werthog 95 posted:

you were in times square and didn't eat at guy's american kitchen & bar. shameful.

A must-read

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/dining/reviews/restaurant-review-guys-american-kitchen-bar-in-times-square.html?_r=0

lol

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

penus de milo posted:

I went to a Subway when I was in Times Square and let me tell you Americans don't know how to make sandwiches.

Subway. I went to one for the first time last week, and I don't see what the fuss is all about. I paid £3.20 for a tiny sandwich smaller than my hand, with no butter, and less meat than a butcher's apron. It wasn't even heated evenly, with some parts warm and some cold. I don't think I'll be going back again.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

https://twitter.com/DadBoner/status/269158643470057472

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Subway. I went to one for the first time last week, and I don't see what the fuss is all about. I paid £3.20 for a tiny sandwich smaller than my hand, with no butter, and less meat than a butcher's apron. It wasn't even heated evenly, with some parts warm and some cold. I don't think I'll be going back again.

sounds like british subway has nothing to do with american subway

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

its exactly the same

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
subway is poo poo but lol if you expect a chain restaurant to be at all representative of good food

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Sham bam bamina! posted:

subway is poo poo but lol if you expect a chain restaurant to be at all representative of good food

popeyes

well not good exactly

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

qirex posted:

I went to some chain mexican in London I think it was near blackfriars or embankment and it was horrid

Was it Chiquitos? That place is the worst.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Sham bam bamina! posted:

waffle house is good but thats the only one i can think of

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Nomnom Cookie posted:

Not really no.

Chain restaurants don't do good food.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

its not gourmet foodie food but they actually cook the eggs and poo poo

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Sweevo posted:

its exactly the same

yeah i'm kinda worried that the quote wasn't recognised and now people will i think that i am pisshead, the worst person ever

not to be confused with pissflaps other than for comedic effect

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Nomnom Cookie posted:

what the hell

i literally can't think of a trashier chain

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
"waffle house sucks" - sheltered weirdos who have never needed a solid meal on the road at 3:30 am

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Nomnom Cookie posted:

its not gourmet foodie food but they actually cook the eggs and poo poo

They cook the eggs? This changes everything.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

daft punk railroad posted:

"waffle house sucks" - sheltered weirdos who have never needed a solid meal on the road at 3:30 am

eat you some eggs and hash browns and get back on the road

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Idk it's just standard crappy American food.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

They cook the eggs? This changes everything.

are you not familiar with typical restaurant food preparation practices

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Nomnom Cookie posted:

are you not familiar with typical restaurant food preparation practices

It's depressing that you mean a chain restaurant when you use the word restaurant.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

It's depressing that you mean a chain restaurant when you use the word restaurant.

no, i dont

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Idk move to a better country maybe

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

i grew up in the south and ate waffle house all the time

it's not very good, sorry

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
if i wanted to see something coated with five pounds of grease i'd join the yospos g+ circle

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof
"food you can tolerate in the middle of the night when you're desperate is delicious all other times" - daft punk railroad

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

i'm not actually saying waffle house is that great but it fills a (very greasy) niche

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

theres an upmarket place called the waffle house near me, its pretty good

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

i'm not actually saying waffle house is that great but it fills a (very greasy) niche

um that niche is filled by regular old diners hth

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

none of the diners where i live are open past midnight so i have to deal with waffle house instead. also i live in a giant urban sprawl where real diners barely exist to begin with

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
a diner what close before midnight

a shameful diner

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

none of the diners where i live are open past midnight so i have to deal with waffle house instead. also i live in a giant urban sprawl where real diners barely exist to begin with

there is no such thing as a diner that closes at or before midnight on a regular basis. those are only diner-like objects

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

none of the diners where i live are open past midnight so i have to deal with waffle house instead.
"diners"

also i live in a giant urban sprawl where real diners barely exist to begin with
"diners"

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

this is a diner

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

a dead link, shameful :o:

http://web.archive.org/web/20121116092529/http://flint.craigslist.org/rnr/3411956576.html

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Install Gentoo posted:

um that niche is filled by regular old diners hth

that may or may not have rat turds everywhere. ill take waffle house thanks

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Nomnom Cookie posted:

that may or may not have rat turds everywhere. ill take waffle house thanks

that way you're 100% sure the rat turds will be there when you need them

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

dur posted:

this is a diner

thats a pro diner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
Trig, you should grow your own avocados it's not like there's anything else to do in canberra anyway

• Locked thread