Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

El Fappo posted:

Looks like it's time to clean out the friends list again! I'm red, green is a shining beacon of hope, no idea who purple is, and black is a guy I graduated with who is 21 and still doesn't know the alphabet past H.

No idea why he thinks I would agree with his holocaust justification and plan to apparently kill off poor people and stupid people.

He had me a "comment sence."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastics.
May 3, 2012
one word
Grimey Drawer

[photo of a baby]

:gonk: This is what tetanus looks like

Edit: removing the explicit question because I don't want her finding this in her polio "research." But uh, that's...that's not true, is it? 15's last comment in the second (comments) picture.

Plastics. has a new favorite as of 23:21 on Jun 12, 2013

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Is it considered immoral to post incredibly graphic pictures of smallpox in the comment threads of these kinda of posts?

I would guess the 10% thing relates to areas where the disease was on it's way out and they were doing the final round of targeted vaccinations? It also HASN'T been eradicated and is in fact getting worse in some regions because of a combination of western anti vaccination propaganda mixed with the very real historical trend of unscrupulous medical companies doing unethical research in poor countries

Fatkraken has a new favorite as of 20:01 on Jun 12, 2013

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Man, babies just brutalize nipples before they have teeth. I can only imagine the horror of breastfeeding after their teeth start coming in.

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

NeurosisHead posted:

Man, babies just brutalize nipples before they have teeth. I can only imagine the horror of breastfeeding after their teeth start coming in.

"The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that breastfeeding continue for at least 12 months, and thereafter for as long as mother and baby desire. The World Health Organization recommends continued breastfeeding up to 2 years of age or beyond." (Source). Most babies start getting teeth around six months, sooo :shrug:

My favorite comment is the one about most babies who got pertussis having been vaccinated. No poo poo? Most babies are vaccinated, period. The concept of herd immunity seriously flies over the heads of these people. It's you with your constant exposure to an unvaccinated child and said child that are giving babies pertussis, you stupid piece of poo poo. Seriously, there is something sociopathic about anti-vaxxers. It's just a whole other kind of "gently caress you, got mine".

Plastics.
May 3, 2012
one word
Grimey Drawer

Fatkraken posted:

Is it considered immoral to post incredibly graphic pictures of smallpox in the comment threads of these kinda of posts?

I would guess the 10% thing relates to areas where the disease was on it's way out and they were doing the final round of targeted vaccinations? It also HASN'T been eradicated and is in fact getting worse in some regions because of a combination of western anti vaccination propaganda mixed with the very real historical trend of unscrupulous medical companies doing unethical research in poor countries

I'm sure she'd answer that the chance of "getting" autism is much higher than the chance of getting smallpox or polio, which is true except for the technicality that vaccines don't cause autism

And that's what I assumed, the ring-vaccination approach for clamping down on pockets of outbreaks.

I was an anti-vaxer when I was a teenager, luckily majoring in chem and bio killed my insane hippie urges but that's never going to happen for most AVs and their kids are going to get all mangled from playing in the grass. :(

Edit:

Silly Hippie posted:

The World Health Organization recommends continued breastfeeding up to 2 years of age or beyond.
I understand the spirit of this post and I'm not against extended breastfeeding or anything (within reason), but I just wanted to single out this sentence, because how are we even supposed to interpret this? Breastfeed up to 2 years and beyond

Plastics. has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Jun 12, 2013

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Plastics. posted:

Edit: removing the explicit question because I don't want her finding this in her polio "research." But uh, that's...that's not true, is it? 15's last comment in the second (comments) picture.

No, leukemia was explicitly seen in infants that were subjected to radiation from Hiroshima & Nagasaki, and a paper was written which posited the connection.

That happened before the invention of a polio vaccine in 1955, so leukemia was definitely existant in infants before then.

Of course, if you tell them that, they'll counter that 'the nuclear bombs weren't natural, show me an infant that caught leukemia without exposure to radiation or such...

Given that we know leukemia is environmental, and that 2 of the things that are known to cause it are radiation and pesticides, that's kinda like saying 'show me someone that has been killed by a bus without being hit by any bus'.

edit:

This source (http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/samples/cam032/98046407.pdf) quotes Ward G., "The infective theory of acute leukemia" as discussing the prevalence of acute leukemia in infants aged 1-5 years old, in 1917. Therefore it's clear that leukemia definitely existed in 2 year olds prior to 1955.

SybilVimes has a new favorite as of 20:34 on Jun 12, 2013

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Plastics. posted:

I understand the spirit of this post and I'm not against extended breastfeeding or anything (within reason), but I just wanted to single out this sentence, because how are we even supposed to interpret this? Breastfeed up to 2 years and beyond

Editing because I think I know what you mean now. I believe they mean that there are benefits seen in children up to the 2 year mark, and going beyond is fine as well.

I think that's what it means.

Noblesse Obliged has a new favorite as of 20:34 on Jun 12, 2013

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

El Fappo posted:

No idea why he thinks I would agree with his holocaust justification and plan to apparently kill off poor people and stupid people.

Probably self-loathing. He definitely fits into the stupid people category.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I love the addition of "THEY PUT ABORTED FETUS IN THE VACCINE" like they have a stock of that stuff somewhere and has had a stock of it for a long time. I would also worry about telling them how blood donating and blood transfusions work.

"You won't put someone elses blood in my baby!"

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Ularg posted:

I love the addition of "THEY PUT ABORTED FETUS IN THE VACCINE" like they have a stock of that stuff somewhere and has had a stock of it for a long time. I would also worry about telling them how blood donating and blood transfusions work.

Uh, they kinda do have stock of it.

It's a classic 'traditional chinese alternate medicine' thing, and you could until recently literally order 500Kg of powdered fetus from alibaba.

e: To clarify, it's not used in any western medicine, and is illegal to trade internationally, hence the 'until recently' part of that statement, as alibaba appear to have cracked down on it, although there was a customs bust in south korea of imported pills filled with 'powdered human fetus' from china back at the end of last year.

Given the right amount of crazy I can imagine someone mixing up the egg protein in some vaccines with reports of illegal chinese 'powdered fetus protein' and ending up with 2 + 2 = 87.

SybilVimes has a new favorite as of 20:47 on Jun 12, 2013

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Ularg posted:

I'm just imagining what they must think vaccine makers do.
"Yo Bob, we're running a bit low on ABORTED FETUSES, can you go back to the stockroom to grab some? They're right next to the autism-ifiers."

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Plastics. posted:

Edit:

Slight :nws:

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Ularg posted:

Do they mean egg proteins found in flu vaccines? Because I'm not sure how they think there are aborted fetuses in vaccines.

Taliaquin
Dec 13, 2009

Turtle flu

Silly Hippie posted:

I've actually seen women in burqas two or three times here in Texas. But yeah, it's very noticeable and memorable which suggests to me that people who talk about seeing "all these Muslim women in burqas" or whatever are full of poo poo.
I live in a predominantly Muslim neighborhood, and I think I've only seen one or two women who wear the burqa. It really does stand out to the point that people who act like Muslim women are all wearing it just sound stupid.

It's been a few days since I've checked my favorite Apocalypse fetish FB page...

Normally I would think that's a troll, but Albert is a frequent poster on that page, and by that I mean he posts on literally every single thing, usually a variation of "tick tock" or, if he feels his ticks and tocks aren't enough, he'll request someone else to post it with him. He's obsessed and seems pretty genuine, so I think we have an unironic Santans sighting here.

GOD'S BACK YARD! :byodood:

Oh, Bryndon. :allears: And apparently some weird social drama is going on with Albert, judging by comments on a few other posts, but I don't care enough to scroll back and see what it is.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Shauna really really really loves Jesus.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
So who is santan and what are his instruments?

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

She just posted about buying Animal Crossing yesterday. Priorities dude.

edit: wow, artifacting. I'm not actually sure how that happened :psyduck:

Silly Hippie has a new favorite as of 22:57 on Jun 12, 2013

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Darth Freddy posted:

Come on, Darth Freddy, It's an obvious typo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

El Fappo posted:

Looks like it's time to clean out the friends list again! I'm red, green is a shining beacon of hope, no idea who purple is, and black is a guy I graduated with who is 21 and still doesn't know the alphabet past H.

Idiots on Facebook: "I kinda see the point behind what [Hitler] did he was just trying to clean al the garbage an the peaces of poo poo"

VoilaIntruder
Aug 13, 2007
Voila Intruder, and he's brandishing two sticks.

York_M_Chan posted:

Come on, Darth Freddy, It's an obvious typo

Tick tock tick tock tick tock
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Rock-n-Roll/carlos_santana.htm

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'
Well gently caress.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

With the number of people that already post hashtags on Facebook, I thought this was already a thing.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Darth Freddy posted:

Horns. He plays ska.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I dunno about this Hilter dude. I mean, I'm A-OK with the whole annexing Minehead thing, that's wonderful, but he's mentioned these "boncentration bamps" and I'm a little uneasy about them. For one thing, they sound really expensive and my taxes are high enough, dammit :argh:

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Plastics. posted:

[photo of a baby]

:gonk: This is what tetanus looks like

What gets me about anti-vaxxers is what they are really saying:

"I'd rather my kid be dead than autistic."

Yep, they only want 'perfect' kids.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Taliaquin posted:

Cogsworth's obnoxious brother.

Man, I can only imagine what it's like to live with this guy.

:): Huh, a teacher got suspended.
:smug:: Tick tock tick tock.
:): They're building a new collider.
:): Looks like a storm's looming.
:): Oof, I don't think that burrito is agreeing with me.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

Silly Hippie posted:

I've actually seen women in burqas two or three times here in Texas. But yeah, it's very noticeable and memorable which suggests to me that people who talk about seeing "all these Muslim women in burqas" or whatever are full of poo poo.

I actually see a lot of black muslim women in Philadelphia wearing the niquab. I don't particularly understand why but hey, they don't bother anyone. To each their own.

shut up netface has a new favorite as of 01:41 on Jun 13, 2013

El Anansi
Jan 27, 2008

shut up netface posted:

I actually see a lot of black muslim women in Philadelphia wearing the niquab. I don't particularly understand why but hey, they don't bother anyone. To each their own.

True story, I lived in Egypt for two years and saw precisely one full-on burqa--whose occupant castigated me for cutting in line at a government office (which, in Egypt, who does that) in the twangiest Missouri accent I've ever heard. Still not sure what actually happened there.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

dijon du jour posted:

Man, I can only imagine what it's like to live with this guy.

:): Huh, a teacher got suspended.
:): They're building a new collider.
:): Looks like a storm's looming.
:): Oof, I don't think that burrito is agreeing with me.

It's like a poor gimmick designed for Captain Hook's fanpage.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Khazar-khum posted:

Nah, they just think vaccines don't work. 'Cause they're not natural, you see. Things that aren't natural are bad.

Someone I know posted this recently though:

Parents' fear of vaccinations nearly killed their son.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

...Did anyone else's eye twitch ever-so-slightly reading through that :mrapig: pigshit?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Regalingualius posted:

...Did anyone else's eye twitch ever-so-slightly reading through that :mrapig: pigshit?

I very nearly punched my laptop screen. Holy poo poo.

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007
Most men won't commit to rape. This is a known fact. I guess biologically they're rapists, but they're also biologically really lazy.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun

Silly Hippie posted:

My favorite comment is the one about most babies who got pertussis having been vaccinated. No poo poo? Most babies are vaccinated, period. The concept of herd immunity seriously flies over the heads of these people. It's you with your constant exposure to an unvaccinated child and said child that are giving babies pertussis, you stupid piece of poo poo. Seriously, there is something sociopathic about anti-vaxxers. It's just a whole other kind of "gently caress you, got mine".

Also, it's a vaccine that needs a booster every 10 years. If you're an adult and you've never had a pertussis booster, you're part of the problem. Go get your booster.

To those of you that were wondering about extended breastfeeding, if you were to ask that question in SA's own parenting threads you'd find that many goon moms have nursed past two years. It's not shocking or crazy over-the-top parenting. In some countries breastfeeding at least six years is the norm.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Well, with E3 going on, I guess an Xbox One vs. PS4 debate on my feed was pretty much inevitable.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Trash Boat posted:

Well, with E3 going on, I guess an Xbox One vs. PS4 debate on my feed was pretty much inevitable.

nuff nuff jiggly puff hilary duff.

I think that sums up all of it quite well.

Dana Scully
Dec 25, 2010

hey scully, wanna break into the dean's office?

:raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Khazar-khum posted:

My cousin, a self-proclaimed "crunchy, quiverfull mama" was an anti-vaxxer until her oldest, who was never vaccinated with anything, was diagnosed as high functioning autistic. Luckily, rather than assuming it was latent toxins from her own vaccines or some other crazy horseshit, she decided that maybe it isn't vaccines and got all of her 6 boys vaccinated.

• Locked thread