Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

AndyElusive posted:

Pretty much.

I stopped following MK9 after Freddy, so I don't know what if any patches they released after him or even what state of brokeness the game has been potentially left in. Folks still play it competitively and they seem content enough with it at this stage.

I was actually surprised with the patches that came out after Freddy, I think there were 3 or 4. Some characters, Kung Lao and Liu Kang, were still broken, but by no where near as large of a margin. Also, they fixed alot of unintended resets with characters like Jax and Cyrax. Over all, I would say that before they stopped updating that game, they balanced it out pretty well. I continued to play that game until this one came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry
I've played some extended sets with a good Scorp as Cyborg which on paper should be terrible but I managed to go even by just playing smart and baiting teleports while punishing hellfires. Its honestly not to much different than the batgirl matchup truth be told. Its gonna be a bumpy road before the game finally irons out but if they don't gently caress with Cyborg anymore then I'll be just dandy.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Arkham city pack went up for PSN. I'm not sure if it was supposed to or not.

Edit: and I seem to have gotten zombie mode for free. Or is that included with Arkham city?

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 11, 2013

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
Blackest Night pack 1 is up as well. Superman, Doomsday and Flash.

Like I need a Superman costume besides Lockdown, pssh.

Where/what is zombie mode? I bought the pack but I don't see anything like that yet.

Foodahn fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 11, 2013

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
I think you enable zombie mode in options rather than skins.

Raefer
Mar 9, 2013
Why is Arkham Joker so loving purple, jesus christ.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Raefer posted:

Purple threads are kind of Jokers thing.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This is probably a dumb question but have they released any news on the dlc for the Wii U version beyond "summer?"

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Spacebump posted:

This is probably a dumb question but have they released any news on the dlc for the Wii U version beyond "summer?"

If they have, I have completely missed that.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Whoever was asking for people to 1v1 on the 360 you can add me: gimea RUBDOWN. I never mind showing people the ropes!

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Raefer posted:

Because he was pretty purple in Arkham City. I kind of wish they threw in Sick Joker too, but oh well.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

IronMcHardSteel posted:

You can really mash just about anything crouching for free on his regular teleport now. So if you can start anything from a low there you go. I can even do a couple of Lex's slower strings after I crouch it. These dumb patch changes are making my fun game bad and I don't like it.

This is how it was before. d1 is fast but people wanted to it to be more punishable so it'd be easier to full combo punish off b2s and stuff online. You sort of get that now if you are a jedi and read the crossup, otherwise it's virtually the same on whiff (-21?) vs what it was pre-patch (-20).

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Man I pretty much have to re-learn Scorpion now. Is really disorienting doing a teleport punch that whiffs because the opponent is crouched, at least that will teach me to not spam it, if is blocked you're hosed.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Raefer posted:

Maybe do the press start thing? Might mute it a little bit.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Speaking of Scorp's Teleport, one thing that the additional recovery frames on block does is that everyone can punish it with a b3. That helps out the large portion of the cast that previously had to worry about timing their combo starter to hit in his brief period of landing recovery.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Man I pretty much have to re-learn Scorpion now. Is really disorienting doing a teleport punch that whiffs because the opponent is crouched, at least that will teach me to not spam it, if is blocked you're hosed.

Yeah, this sucks. It's taking me a bit to adjust too.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Speaking of Scorp's Teleport, one thing that the additional recovery frames on block does is that everyone can punish it with a b3. That helps out the large portion of the cast that previously had to worry about timing their combo starter to hit in his brief period of landing recovery.

Now I'm going to have to really be careful with that teleport. Great.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Zod impressions from E3: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672472-injustice-gods-among-us/66430421

quote:

While Zod has yet to be officially revealed, he is playable at e3. I am at e3 today, so I wanted to share

His look: bald, goatee, has goggles on his forehead. Sort of wearing an almost scientist style coat with metal gauntlets

Special moves:
Cannon: can be done in the air, meter burn fires two additional shots diagonally, fanning out
Pistol: pretty fast, meter burn fires more shots
Ground zap: fixed range attack, can hold or dash cancel. Sucks. Meter burn is ok, dunno if it otgs
Superman punch: works like supermans, but ends in a throw
Parry: it... Parries. Doesn't stay out as long as batmans, but better than jokers
Force palm: king of like cyborgs air concussor. Mb pulls you into the phantom zone, sets up a combo.

Trait: pulls out the phantom zone monster. Hitting the button again makes it punch, but doesn't make the monster go away. It has other moves it can do but the only one I used was a grab that holds you down like swamp hands

Super: knocks you into space and onto the moon then punches you through the moon, then a third hit back to earth. Like superman but brutal

The verdict: he is so fun! I beat one of the devs with him really hard (he was batman). Ed and hector watched, they staye and watched me win a few more rounds

Hopefully we get his trailer today.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

I think people are overreacting to the Scorpion hotfix, especially since the character was released earlier than intended in the first place.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Playing To Win is streaming reruns of ranked matches he played yesterday, I guess. He's a Sinestro player, so if anyone in here wants to see a solid Sinestro in action, check him out: http://www.twitch.tv/playing_to_win

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I was really hoping Zods summon would be Ursa or Non but it being a Phantom Zone monster is alright too, I guess. Also I'm ok with the fact that he sounds like he ended up looking more like his comic book persona than Michael Shannon.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Zod impressions from E3: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672472-injustice-gods-among-us/66430421

Hopefully we get his trailer today.

This pretty much confirms that redditor leaks a few weeks ago, no? Everything the dude said has come true one way or another, he just hosed up Scoprion's announcement :v:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This pretty much confirms that redditor leaks a few weeks ago, no? Everything the dude said has come true one way or another, he just hosed up Scoprion's announcement :v:

Pretty much, yeah. The only thing missing now is the official announcement of a second Season Pass, but given Ed Boon has already confirmed that Zod's not the last DLC character, that seems like a slam dunk, too.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

Equilibrium posted:

This is how it was before. d1 is fast but people wanted to it to be more punishable so it'd be easier to full combo punish off b2s and stuff online. You sort of get that now if you are a jedi and read the crossup, otherwise it's virtually the same on whiff (-21?) vs what it was pre-patch (-20).

Well, no, it's not the same. You had to block a hit before. Now nothing happens.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Same GameFAQs poster in a different thread posted:

quote:

Well Zod is playable right now by thousands of people at e3. They don't really care if people talk about it or it wouldn't be shown, they just don't want photo or video out there so it doesn't do their model or moves any injustice

They implied the reveal trailer should come out Thursday so we will all see then, but they didn't ask anybody not to talk about Zod at all, just not to take photos or video

Tldr: they don't care

So I guess we'll have to wait another day after all.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Zod sounds cool, but I was planning to buy the season pass at 50% off in a year. Guess I'll have to wait.

Also, come ooooooon Jimmy Fallon reveal! Then my prediction will have come true.

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011
It sounds like his trait is basically a Stand, in which case hello new main. :getin:

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Well, no, it's not the same. You had to block a hit before. Now nothing happens.

What? The recovery on whiff is functionally the same as the pre-nerf block disadvantage. They're equally punishable.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Equilibrium posted:

What? The recovery on whiff is functionally the same as the pre-nerf block disadvantage. They're equally punishable.

His point is that you can do a cr.1 when you're at neutral and not have to worry about getting hit by teleport. Before the teleport would hit you out of whatever crouching move you were throwing out, now it just whiffs.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
It's punishable before it's even finished because there's no danger of getting hit.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

rocket USA posted:

It sounds like his trait is basically a Stand, in which case hello new main. :getin:

Now I'm really wondering if Zods trait summon can take damage like stands do.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Little bit of Zod and all of his super from E3...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsLymbHMdw0

TO THE MOON, ALICE.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

That super is SIIIIIICK. Really excited to try him.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
He's the opposite of Doomsday, awesome :haw:

Heads up, guys. The FB page said that an announcemnt is coming with Conan.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

IIRC he was a bit off on what Zod would summon though, he said it was going to be two other Kryptonians but it sounds like a monster from the Phantom Zone instead.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

He's the opposite of Doomsday, awesome :haw:

Heads up, guys. The FB page said that an announcemnt is coming with Conan.

...Conan?? :psyduck:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

He means on the Late Night with Conan O'Brien show tonight: http://testyourmight.com/threads/zod-confirmed-for-igau-via-video-from-e3-official-confirmation-coming-tonight-on-conan.34218/

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I know, it just seems so weird that Conan o'Brien would dedicate air time to a DLC character for a fighting game that was released two months ago.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

It might be some sort of tie-in package with showing scenes from the movie or something.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

It might be some sort of tie-in package with showing scenes from the movie or something.

Can't wait to see Laurence Fishburne's corner reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Wow, Scorpion sure feels... different now. Slower. Bleh. I hope I get used to it. :(

• Locked thread