Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Forward Kommander now has some Cyriss stuff in it :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mark Blockhead
Nov 7, 2012
Generally I hear Lylyth2 doing it more frequently. Pop feat, pincushion it from 15" away, take some 16" bow shots to Swift Hunter back out of range of retaliation, then the Naga and Succubus Wraithbane your Ravagores and they shoot it a bunch of times. If it doesn't die it has to get closer because of Shadow Pack and you get another round of shooting. While this is going on your Striders are removing enemy infantry in droves.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Willeh posted:

Forward Kommander now has some Cyriss stuff in it :toot:

Also he put in the Afflictor and those pesky Incindiarii!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Bunch of new Cyriss models up on PP's site :toot:

Mirrors if you can't see 'em :

$25 for 3 Clockwork angels, ouch. I suppose that's better than $17 per Brute Thrall though.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 12, 2013

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
That Aurora model is dope as hell.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

The angels are sweet and I would honestly buy some just to have them. The Aurora model is also great, but I do find it amusing that even in the faction devoted to replacing your lovely human body with a glory of clockwork precision, there is a chick with a strapless bodice and opera gloves.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

It is a little odd. At least the Angels themselves are full on robosuits!

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?

Ashcans posted:

The angels are sweet and I would honestly buy some just to have them. The Aurora model is also great, but I do find it amusing that even in the faction devoted to replacing your lovely human body with a glory of clockwork precision, there is a chick with a strapless bodice and opera gloves.

The fluff actually explains why she hasn't been transferred into a robo body yet. It's an interesting enough story. I guess they left some skin showing for artistic license and so you know she's still human.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Boobs sell minis. It's a terrible dark fact of this business.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
It's also pretty innocuous compared to a lot of models out there.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
So, I'm pretty close to convincing my wife to let me drop some $$$ on a nice, real case for all these little dudes, and I think I want to go with the KR Multicase, specifically the Kaiser4.

I'm just not sure what the best foam to buy initially would be. I think I'd like to get it preloaded for my Skorne stuff but I'm concerned with dudes (especially dudes with flags on their backs) fitting in the slots.

Does anyone have experience with this and can alleviate my fears or tell me something better to buy?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

My local store has a CoC event at the end of June - 20 point MMTC.

I was thinking one of these three lists:

eStryker
Ol' Rowdy
Stormclad
Ironclad

eHaley
Centurion
Lancer
Stormclad

Kara
Defender or Avenger
Hunter
Hunter
Minuteman

Not sure if we can take more than one list (the announcement is ambiguous). I also don't have a Stormwall :(

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Fyrbrand posted:

It's also pretty innocuous compared to a lot of models out there.

Oh no, it's definitely better than tons of stuff, and even better than other things in PP's line (although still suffering from Combat Heels, it seems) It's just funny because this seems like the faction that would have the most complete disregard for it. If I get the chance I'll look up the fluff and see what the reasoning is (at least they bothered with some)

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Looking at the angels though I am going to really try to stretch my painting skills by painting them like various butterflies. It'll be the most fabulous, gayest looking troops ever but I will love it!

No-one ever suspects the butterfly.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Looking at the angels though I am going to really try to stretch my painting skills by painting them like various butterflies. It'll be the most fabulous, gayest looking troops ever but I will love it!

This is loving awesome.

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.

omnibobb posted:

So, I'm pretty close to convincing my wife to let me drop some $$$ on a nice, real case for all these little dudes, and I think I want to go with the KR Multicase, specifically the Kaiser4.

I'm just not sure what the best foam to buy initially would be. I think I'd like to get it preloaded for my Skorne stuff but I'm concerned with dudes (especially dudes with flags on their backs) fitting in the slots.

Does anyone have experience with this and can alleviate my fears or tell me something better to buy?

I use KR for my Skorne, and most everything fits pretty well. For titans I use the 3/4 tall foam (D5H I think) and that works really well. My gladiator's flag is magnetized, so he can stand up, but Tiberion fits laying down. Cyclopses and Cetrati fit into the 1/2 size (2H). Just get the pick&pluck style foam so you can make odd shapes if you need it.

The best thing about KR is the foam, which can bend if need be but also holds things in place, and doesn't scratch the paint.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Excelsiortothemax posted:

I know it's already been said, but this really is loving awesome, please do actually do this and post photos!

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams
Oh man, the Entropy League cards are up and I'm SO glad I bought the Throne of Everblight. Blighted Glutton looks like a lot of fun, especially with move/attack shenanigans like Rhyas's feat. But for maximum shenanigans, I'm looking at using the Massacre animus as well. I'm sure this has been answered before with say, the Ogrun Warchief, but I want to make sure of the order of operations here.

I put Massacre on the glutton, it charges and kills the target. Both Massacre and Berserk are triggered by that model being destroyed, so I get to choose which happens first, correct? Does this mean it can make Berserk attacks until one misses before making the Massacre move/attack, or does it only make a Massacre move/attack if I do that immediately after killing the charge target?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I shall I shall! They will probably be just straight colours for the first three but the other unit I'm getting ill add designs and swirls.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Any effect that gives you a free attack doesn't stack with other free attacks, I'm afraid. See Black spotted unit v Nihilators, for example. You get to pick which free attack you want to use though.

Gringo Mystique
Aug 28, 2000

Law should be like death, which spares no one.
Got a 35 point SR tournament coming up and I'm trying to refine my lists. Here's what I have thus far.

Grand Scrutator Severius (*6pts)
* Blessing of Vengeance (7pts)
* Templar (8pts)
* Hierophant (2pts)
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Holy Zealots (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Holy Zealot Monolith Bearer (2pts)
Knights Exemplar (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist (2pts)
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord (2pts)
The Covenant of Menoth (2pts)
The Wrack (3 wracks) (1pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)

High Exemplar Kreoss (*5pts)
* Redeemer (6pts)
* Reckoner (8pts)
* Reckoner (8pts)
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Holy Zealots (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Holy Zealot Monolith Bearer (2pts)
Kell Bailoch (2pts)
Saxon Orrik (2pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)

I really like both lists, but what I've been waffling on is how to spend the 4 points in the Kreoss list that is Bailoch and Orrik. The first version of the list had Nicia and Wracks in place of those guys, but I was concerned about pathfinder access. I've basically got three different configurations in mind: the one posted, the original Nicia + Wracks, and Orrik + whatever 2 point merc or menoth solo. Thoughts? Also general criticism of both lists welcome.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Had my first full game of WM last night, my Cryx starter set plus a full unit of Blood Witches and Machine Wraith against the battle box set of Menoth. We added up the battle box set and it came to 24 points I think, so I just added to my army with some units that I'd bought over the past few months and assembled. Set up a symmetrical table with a few walls and a small building on each side to keep the terrain rules simple and set off. Menoth started with their troopers on one side of the table, so I put my Witches on the same side so we could learn how trooper combat works, and the warjacks & bonejacks were on the other side.

It was an interesting game, my major mistake was not thinking ahead properly about what spells to cast and where to put my Focus points, and my Machine Wraith never got close to taking over a warjack because I was hanging him back too far from the Menoth warcaster's magic weapon. If I'd thought about it a bit more it could have been a little different. Also, I could have done a double-handed throw but rolled a 1 when I needed a much higher roll, but the mistakes ended up costing more than any roll.

I ended up losing because Deneghra was hit with the big gun twice from the biggest Menoth warjack (can't remember what it's called) and the Menoth warcaster finished her off with a massive roll from some spell.

Coming from playing 40K once a week on average over the past year, the difference in the rules is amazing. Apart from looking up how different things worked (like throwing, cloud effect, etc.), there were only a couple of rules we really had to search for (e.g., can charge rolls be boosted) and ANY question of 'how does this rule work, really' was immediately clarified by just reading a bit more of the context of the rule (for the previous example, no rolls can be boosted more than once). It really is a clearly laid out ruleset.

The hardest thing to get used to (apart from learning new tactical stuff) was not premeasuring (I want to try to get us to do as a houserule, not sure if that's a terrible idea - we're not going to be tournament players anyway) and doing actions for one model at a time. Sorry for the :words: just enthusiastic! :)

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
The first couple of games I played with my brother, I let him premeasure to get a feel for the distances.

That being said, the game is really designed to not pre measure with specific applicable tactics due to this.

Even if you are just going to play casually, most everyone is going to go "uh... You can't do that."

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah that's true. It's just such a major change, and with Malifaux going to pre-measuring I got confused and thought WM would be going that direction as well.

Still, even with the loss it was fun. So few models on the table!

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

krushgroove posted:

Yeah that's true. It's just such a major change, and with Malifaux going to pre-measuring I got confused and thought WM would be going that direction as well.

Still, even with the loss it was fun. So few models on the table!

Just "measure your control range" :airquote:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I've seen people use metal ring templates. Are they for marking lasting effects so that no models have to be repositioned, or what?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Pierzak posted:

I've seen people use metal ring templates. Are they for marking lasting effects so that no models have to be repositioned, or what?

Pretty much. They are to show persistent effects from abilities without having to disturb models that are already on that spot.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
What's a range of these rings that would be useful to have on hand? I have been looking for templates and things online to print out, and can make these ring templates pretty easily in Photoshop, I think.

That brings me to another question: I've been looking for spell effect markers to download online - plenty of front arc templates, blast and spray templates, etc, but no spell effects that I can find. The thread on the PP forums has tons of dead links for the markers, so can anyone point me in a helpful direction please?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

My friends and I have yet to get the metal ring templates, but we just use a marker - like a die or a bead or something - to determine the centre of the AOE, and pull out the normal 5'' AOE template when we have to. Rings would be better, but it does fairly well in a pinch.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

krushgroove posted:

What's a range of these rings that would be useful to have on hand? I have been looking for templates and things online to print out, and can make these ring templates pretty easily in Photoshop, I think.

That brings me to another question: I've been looking for spell effect markers to download online - plenty of front arc templates, blast and spray templates, etc, but no spell effects that I can find. The thread on the PP forums has tons of dead links for the markers, so can anyone point me in a helpful direction please?

Rings are usually in 3, 4, and 5 inch circles.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
When is the actual CoC Forces book coming out?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

July 10th I believe is the first CoC wave of releases.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

This site is great for all your template needs! http://store.advanceddeployment.com/

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

Willeh posted:

Found on the PP boards:

Originally Posted by sepher32
Stormwall is boring. I want Haley to sling spells when I play her. Also Lylyth eats Stormwalls for breakfast.

Army Name: A list with Character!
Cygnar
50+5 points, 44 models

Major Victoria Haley +5 points
* Thorn 8 points
* Squire 2 points

Journeyman Warcaster 3 points

Alexia Ciannor & The Risen 5 points
Anastasia Di Bray 2 points
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team 4 points
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution 3 points
Gorman Di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist 2 points
10 Greygore Boomhowler and Company 9 points
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt 4 points
10 Nyss Hunters 10 points
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator 1 point
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord 2 points

It's kinda sad that a list named "A list with character!" has only 5 entries (and less than a quarter of the points total) from the actual army it represents. I really hope the new Stormblade solo will help make our in-faction infantry a little more viable.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Luebbi posted:

It's kinda sad that a list named "A list with character!" has only 5 entries (and less than a quarter of the points total) from the actual army it represents. I really hope the new Stormblade solo will help make our in-faction infantry a little more viable.

It's called that because almost all the units are character units.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Saalkin posted:

This site is great for all your template needs! http://store.advanceddeployment.com/

Those look cool, but I'm looking for downloadable markers I can print out and glue to cardstock.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Would it be feasible to order Thorn bits to convert an unassembled Lancer to Thorn? If so, which parts would be necessary to qualify as Thorn, and would it pass muster for organized play (store-level tournaments, really)? I started Cygnar with a custom battlebox which included a Lancer, and am considering grabbing the official one to have an Ironclad/Charger/alt pose Stryker, but a second Lancer wouldn't really be useful to me. If I could order a few Thorn bits to convert it on the cheap, that'd be great.

CPFinnit
Jun 5, 2008
I'm pretty sure Thorn is slightly larger then an old metal Lancer. I haven't seen a plastic Lancer though.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

krushgroove posted:

The hardest thing to get used to (apart from learning new tactical stuff) was not premeasuring (I want to try to get us to do as a houserule, not sure if that's a terrible idea - we're not going to be tournament players anyway) and doing actions for one model at a time. Sorry for the :words: just enthusiastic! :)

That's great enthusiasm and I'm glad to hear excited reports like this.

Pre-measuring exists KIND OF. You can always check your control radius for your warcaster/warlock, so you can measure out 12 or whatever inches from your warlock to check your radius, then use that information for comparisons and sort of eyeball the other distances you need based on that.

This is intended in the ruleset, and you are meant to be able to do it. I think that it reinforces the King-Piece style of warmachine, where you have one leader who is the one giving the commands, and the game is over if they fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Nothing says more about your leadership ability than when you whip it out in the middle of a blood soaked battlefield and check your length.

• Locked thread