Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Octopus Magic posted:

It's a cheap GM econobox. Sorry for not bawling tears over it.

I guess I'll have to take a couple of personal days when I see a crashed Daewoo.

I more think it's your inability for anyone else to shed a tear about a GM econobox that makes you so insufferable.

Content:

Paul Boz_ fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Please tell me they're going to burn it as a "hell money"-type offering to the deceased.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Paul Boz_ posted:

I more think it's your inability for anyone else to shed a tear about a GM econobox that makes you so insufferable.

Content:

Nice, new Sleeping Dogs DLC!

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

Paul Boz_ posted:

You have one of the most consistently poor attitudes in AI. Bravo.

It's an old Saturn with zero redeeming features. Nobody cares, get over it.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Belldandy posted:

It's an old Saturn with zero redeeming features. Nobody cares, get over it.

It's not that individual car, it's the fact that he shits on every car on every thread that isn't a 1993 Eagle Talon.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-E320-Cdi-/230997858684#viTabs_0

2000 Mercedes E320 Cdi on Ebay. Current bid is 155,100 pounds.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

b0nes posted:

Not only that, but there's 54 bids on that.
Is the E320 Cdi such a desirable car?

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Why yes, it's definitely worth 155,000 pounds.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

JP Money posted:

Why yes, it's definitely worth 155,000 pounds.

Actually I think that the weight when the lady is in it.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

I would think at some level ebay would need to verify whether you can actually pay such a large amount of cash but I guess not.

Also, that bidding really escalated quickly from 15,000 to 25k then 50, 75 and utltimately 155. Awesome.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juTKzyP3lng

gently caress spinners, this is the latest fad in rims.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Kill-9 posted:

Came out of the house to go to work yesterday and found this waiting for me.

Someone had violated Snowball, my '91 Range Rover Classic. She's a Great Divide Edition - #101 of 400.

I had video of my front yard from that time but it only shows my truck jumping forward. Not enough to see the attacker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgdTqfrcu7k

loving, poo poo poo poo poo poo....No note on the truck either. Looking closer we found an interesting piece of debris. I'm pretty sure this didn't come off my truck.

While I talked to the police, my 16 year old son hopped on his bike and started following the trail of parts. I got a call 5 minutes later "I found the truck! I found the one that hit your Rover!". I told him to book it home and we drove over together, camera in hand. We found this when we arrived.

I think we found the guilty party. That missing badge looks like it might fit the part I have back home. I called 911 and parked down the block to watch. A cruiser showed up a few minutes later and I told my story. He explained there's not much he can do legally but I might be able to pursue him in civil court if needed. He said he wanted to look at their truck and would meet me back at my place.

15 minutes later he shows up with a smile on his face. He pulls a piece of paper out of his booklet and hands it to me. It has the guy's full insurance info. When the cop was there the guy walked out and confessed immediately. He said he knew hit 'hit something small last night' and planned on coming over in the morning to see what happened. You believe that poo poo, don't you? Neither did I or the cop. The cop said he could haul him off for hit-and-run if I decided to press charges. I didn't at this point. As long as his insurance company pays up I'll be satisfied. Mostly. I can take solace in the fact that he's an independent contractor and his work truck is now hosed up.

Looks like I have a summer project on my hands now. Time for upgrades. New tire carrier bumper I always wanted and, after replacing the panels, the new paint just she desperately needs. It's hard for a shop to paint match 23+ years of oxidation from Texas sun. I'll also have my shop go over the drivetrain with a fine-toothed comb. All that shock was taken up by the transfer case and tranny. I don't wanna be driving down the highway at 80MPH and have a something go boom.

His insurance company has already mentioned the word "totaled". When I meet with them later today I'll have a pile of receipts for the new motor I had built and dropped in last year. She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts, kid.

I know a few pages back, but this really made me incredibly sad, I hope she gets fixed up :ohdear:

On the plus side, your Range Rover really did a number on his truck. Vengeance is hers.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 13, 2013

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

b0nes posted:

What the hell? Is the car filled with cocaine or something?

Deathreaper
Mar 27, 2010

Polymerized Cum posted:

It's not that individual car, it's the fact that he shits on every car on every thread that isn't a 1993 Eagle Talon.

Probably would have modded the car as distastefully if I got my hands on one at age 16. Wanted to have one and be cool like Brian O' Connor in the Fast and the Furious.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Das Volk posted:

It was in the news. Ebay auction gone viral due to "humorous" honesty and pictures.

So 155k is just a result of a lot of joke/false bids. It was at 20k this morning.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

And then this - A Geo Storm Ute

http://www.carscoops.com/2011/02/it-came-from-ebay-hell-geo-storm-pickup.html

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

treizebee posted:

It was in the news. Ebay auction gone viral due to "humorous" honesty and pictures.

So 155k is just a result of a lot of joke/false bids. It was at 20k this morning.

Well sure, but unless ebay UK is different, you can't just say "nah, I was kidding" and not pay. So unless people are willing to pay for a joke, people wanna drop 155k for a 3.2L benz? Especially one that is poo poo, as per the advert. None of that makes any drat sense.

Anyway, please enjoy this Impala, complete with silly hood scoops and racing stripes. Because your taxi should be quick.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Das Volk posted:

Well it can take a whale in the trunk, so that's gotta be worth something.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Polymerized Cum posted:

I know it's not a riced out mad JDM 20-year old sport coupe, but come on.

The DSMs were made in Illinois primarily for the US market.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

You can just nearly see the matching pink tiger stripe seat covers. I have a feeling the missing grill was intentional, but I'm not sure why.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Thank you for the new custom title.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Octopus Magic posted:

At least you're posting in the right thread for it :v:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

ewiley posted:

You can just nearly see the matching pink tiger stripe seat covers. I have a feeling the missing grill was intentional, but I'm not sure why.

Either they're working on a pig theme, or they're waiting for their mad tyte "LOOK JUST LIKE A BENTLEY ROLLS ROYCE BILLET POLISHED ALUMINUM PLATED GRILLE".

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Das Volk posted:

At least you're posting in the right thread for it :v:

My mockery for 80s GM rubbish and Saturns can only be ended upon the eventual heat death of the universe and still my soul will burn forever more as a testament of humanity's greatest foibles.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

IOwnCalculus posted:

Either they're working on a pig theme, or they're waiting for their mad tyte "LOOK JUST LIKE A BENTLEY ROLLS ROYCE BILLET POLISHED ALUMINUM PLATED GRILLE".

The nose ring got snagged on something, took the grill with it.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

From a Twitter buddy.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 13, 2013

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
All this time I thought a board tracker was a vintage racing motorcycle.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

From a Twitter buddy.

This is glorious, and well worth being posted at full-rez.

Are those nails or screws

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

I wanna hear that door close shut.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Dang, sorry for the giantpic. I try to remember the resize!

I can't even tell what it is. Escape or something?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Chevy Tracker.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Edit: Beaten and I am wrong.

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 13, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jonny 290 posted:

From a Twitter buddy.

That's a rolling Bill Engvall joke and I love that it actually exists.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Willfrey posted:

Edit: Beaten and I am wrong.

FWIW, the grand vitara and the chevy tracker are the same thing, I just noticed the chevy logo on the wheel caps

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

rscott posted:

FWIW, the grand vitara and the chevy tracker are the same thing, I just noticed the chevy logo on the wheel caps

Yep. Different tailights also :sperg:

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Octopus Magic posted:

:lol: I didn't even buy it :lol:

I have no idea what's going on here :psyduck:

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Simple Newtonian physics. If you launch the air upwards there will be an equal and opposite reaction pushing the car downwards.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Not my pic... although there's a mentally-ill woman locally who dresses a lot like this, without the pink or black. :catstare: indeed.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Flying Fortress posted:

I've seen this car around town for over 10 years now. This weekend it was parked in my neighbourhood.

The steering wheel was from a Subaru, but that is all I can tell you.

This steering wheel says Land Rover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
:raise: