Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Madcosby posted:

Going down the raptr route was a smart move; besides the patron awards, the queue is different, yet I never paid a dime! If it's possible, people looking to join should check if it still works.

Very specifically does not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

SlayVus posted:

I'm in for old 10. I have 48k HP tank, 6-7k dps melee or 5-6k dps ranged cleric specs.

Not to start a spergfest but what is your spell power cuz that is like, pretty low for self-buffed.

Even with just like a crafted hammer 8k ST self-buffed in Inquisitor shouldn't be a big problem.

Retarded Fish
Oct 8, 2003
Retarded Fish
Guild invite for Jaran please

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
If the lag continues to be as bad as it had been raiding could be interesting...

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

If the lag continues to be as bad as it had been raiding could be interesting...

Tell me about it, I can't even log in right now!

And I'm a patron and everything!

Edit: oh boy, third time's a charm :rolleyes:

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008
In as Arroyo and Speero, looking for a guild invite!

edit: Although after 35 minutes of this ...

double edit: It just changed to position 332 in queue to over 4 hours estimated time. I'll try again next week I guess!

rawr im a tree fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 14, 2013

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

rawr im a tree posted:

Pssh, their time estimates are amazing:

e: position keeps going down, time keeps going up. :hellyeah:

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Daerc posted:

Yeeeeeeup.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

rawr im a tree posted:

double edit: It just changed to position 332 in queue to over 4 hours estimated time. I'll try again next week I guess!

What happened to meepo?

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Confirming dis. 15 isn't very much! (but you get it daily if you login/claim it)

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Hey I'm trying to be in for the 400 hit baby raid tonight but 30 minute patron queue...please wait for me :(

edit: woops, I was thinking 400 hit was lvl 50+ nevermind!

Murvin fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 14, 2013

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

Zoness posted:

What happened to meepo?

You would know if you would respond to me on steam.

:(

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
I'll be there for GA, but as I said in Mumble I'm in a 200 person queue with the estimated wait time being 20 minutes or so

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
So whats the good way to get started for the first time today, June 13th?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Uh over 3 hour queue??? Is this a joke? Hahaha I guess back to Dota 2 for a couple weeks and will see if this game is still alive.

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

Not really relevant to most people here, but what just happened with EU-Icewatch is pretty hilarious (and terrible). A couple of hours back we got a server message saying that the servers were coming down in 45 minutes for a hotfix. Then they dropped the bomb and said "PS this server is being shut down during this downtime and everyone will have to move to one of the 2 new servers we're opening" and that was it, that was the entire notice period that they're shutting down the largest EU server. To make it even worse, this is at about 1am server time.

The rage on the official forums is pretty amazing, and I guess will get even better tomorrow when loads of people log in to find their server essentially shut down! http://forums.riftgame.com/general-...pm-tonight.html

It doesn't really affect me all that much so I'm not bothered by it, but it's going to be interesting to see the fallout from this, it's definitely one of the most bizarre things I've seen happen in a big MMO.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

kippa posted:

Not really relevant to most people here, but what just happened with EU-Icewatch is pretty hilarious (and terrible). A couple of hours back we got a server message saying that the servers were coming down in 45 minutes for a hotfix. Then they dropped the bomb and said "PS this server is being shut down during this downtime and everyone will have to move to one of the 2 new servers we're opening" and that was it, that was the entire notice period that they're shutting down the largest EU server. To make it even worse, this is at about 1am server time.

The rage on the official forums is pretty amazing, and I guess will get even better tomorrow when loads of people log in to find their server essentially shut down! http://forums.riftgame.com/general-...pm-tonight.html

It doesn't really affect me all that much so I'm not bothered by it, but it's going to be interesting to see the fallout from this, it's definitely one of the most bizarre things I've seen happen in a big MMO.

Haha, what a glorious way to handle the population of that shard.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

kippa posted:

I'd just be happy that I dont have to wait in 5 hour queues any more. Lesser of two evils?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

kippa posted:

Farewell Icewatch, goodnight, and vigil bless. :smith:

To be fair, it was badly needed.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

You will automatically be prompted to move with your guild. They may do the trial thing on NA servers too, it would be a way of reducing the problems for the max level people while keeping everything in the same clusters for cross-shard goodies. Server names are fairly meaningless in Rift, and I think we saw this evening the problems with just jacking up the population caps.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Daerc posted:

Pssh, their time estimates are amazing:

Back when WoW launched people livestreamed their position in queue going down with the time going up with Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For. Literally thousands of people were doing this, people put up their streams and went to bed and then woke up only to find they were still in the queue.

I'm not able to get back into the game until this weekend but sure am glad I dodged the queue stuff this time around

nollek
Jun 13, 2007

We speak for Earth
Tried this game this afternoon and got to level 10, had a lot of fun. Requesting a guild invite for Nog.

Now if only this 3 hour queue would finish already.

edit: Been stuck at a 2 hour queue for the past 1.5 hours. :smith:

nollek fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 14, 2013

purpleraines
Jan 19, 2006
asdf
Pretty fun so far. Name is Jayrain for guild invite.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Zoness posted:

Not to start a spergfest but what is your spell power cuz that is like, pretty low for self-buffed.

Even with just like a crafted hammer 8k ST self-buffed in Inquisitor shouldn't be a big problem.

I don't have the best of gear at the moment as the last time I logged in before last night was 115 days ago. I have read the OP and updated my souls though with the new builds and those were what I was running to test DPS with.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Remind me never to log off and eat dinner ever again. :( Queues suck.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

Remind me never to log off and eat dinner ever again. :( Queues suck.

You're telling me... I should have remoted into my PC while I was at work and logged in while I was at work. Sitting at 320+ with Estimate at "Calculating..." "4 Hours 40 Minutes"

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
To be fair I had no queues about 10 minutes before everyone else started reporting ridiculously long queues.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A Tartan Tory posted:

So uh, is that rogue tank spec still loving hilariously awesome like it was back when I first started playing this game at release?

TORY

Be my leveling buddy!

They've got shotguns in this game sorta, and you may be able to craft something to end up being called a Jacking Hammer with a 20m range or something who knows.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN
And here I thought that the queues would calm down today as compared to yesterday. Holy poo poo I was wrong. Every server has queues over 300 right now, which is about a 2 hour wait minimum! Most are a good deal higher.

I knew I shouldn't have logged out to take a shower. Shoulda just found some corner and autoran into a wall like everyone used to.

Midrena
May 2, 2009
Bah, all EU servers are down. Figures!

Shadowmorn posted:

Farewell Icewatch, goodnight, and vigil bless. :smith:

To be fair, it was badly needed.

I think they should have just turned off new character creation on Icewatch. I don't really mind that I have to transfer off (my original server was an RP-PVP server that got turned into a trial shard way back when--which has now disappeared completely--and I was punted off to Icewatch myself, and was about to transfer away due to queues even before f2p started), but I can understand why people who've been there since the beginning are raging in that thread about being forced off. Especially since a ton of them are most likely going to ALSO be forced to change the name of their characters, too, when they transfer to another server ... which is going to cause yet another shitstorm.

Edit: I suppose if they force people to ONLY transfer to the two new shards they're creating, the name thing doesn't happen.

Midrena fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 14, 2013

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
:siren:If you are stuck in the queue, quit the game, log back in, and it'll refresh your position.:siren:

This has worked twice for me, so if this gets you kicked, I'm not liable. :colbert:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I did this and when it was my turn up it put me back into queue again.

That or we have a queue to log in to see the shards and another queue to get on the shard.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Epic High Five posted:

TORY

Be my leveling buddy!

They've got shotguns in this game sorta, and you may be able to craft something to end up being called a Jacking Hammer with a 20m range or something who knows.

I would, but I need something to do during EU times when Vanu have 50+% pop. :smith:

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I have forgotten both my password and secret answer. How many levels of hosed am I?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Spudd posted:

I have forgotten both my password and secret answer. How many levels of hosed am I?

Eh, give them a call. Trion's phone support is historically amazing. They are probably getting slammed at the moment though.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Eh, give them a call. Trion's phone support is historically amazing. They are probably getting slammed at the moment though.

That's kind of hard since I live in Australia, unless there's an Aussie number I can call and I didn't find it in my 5 minutes of searching...

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A Tartan Tory posted:

I would, but I need something to do during EU times when Vanu have 50+% pop. :smith:

How about a ZOE MAX? You filthy defector.

I'm mostly in Rift now despite googlebutt throwing a little passive aggressive shitfit after seeing me in the game last night. I mostly play EU hours I...think? Whatever 11p-3am EST translates to in todds of wool or whatever you fuckers use.

If you're on Derpwood, what's your name? I'll add ya.

mrurth
Apr 21, 2005

May I have a guild invite? In as Melesme.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Spudd posted:

That's kind of hard since I live in Australia, unless there's an Aussie number I can call and I didn't find it in my 5 minutes of searching...

Whoops, looks like they stopped the phone support when they opened up the live chat support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Whoops, looks like they stopped the phone support when they opened up the live chat support.

Yeah and that seems to only be opened during the morning for me. Ughh... D:

EDIT: 10pm is when I can contact someone. Hopefully. Anyway thanks a lot man! Kinda looking forward to coming back in.

Spudd fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 14, 2013

• Locked thread