Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Oct 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Enemy Cliche
Oct 10, 2012

"It was then that an ominous man stood beside me with a face of ill portent."

I've never played ZOE, you've just tipped me off to where a friend of mine got a bunch of samples in one of his songs.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
What the hell?

What Gundam is this?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Looks a bit like the Freedom, but too many details are off, so... no clue.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh god, we're not going to get the SEED movie, are we?

It looks like a SEED Gundam but that might just be the aesthetic they're going for these days.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Looks like the suit from G-unit Gundam Wing.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
It's not from SEED because those all have Engrishy writing on the thing in the middle of the V-fin.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Whizbang posted:

It's not from SEED because those all have Engrishy writing on the thing in the middle of the V-fin.

Only in certain shots, and pretty much never in official artwork/model kits unless they're going for insane hyper-detail. You don't see it at all in 90% of the images of them.

To use a shot from the series:

To also use a recent model kit example:

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 13, 2013

UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

What the hell?

What Gundam is this?

I think its a new design. I can't think of a design where the gundam has dual vulcans on the cheek plates/side of the head. Where'd you get the picture?

UncleRadnor fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jun 13, 2013

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I got it off GundamGuy's blog. http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2013/06/a-teaser-image-of-new-gundam-bandai.html

The 1/144 has me wondering as well. If this is a new model kit line, why wait till less than a month to announce it?

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Zooming in on the little gundam featured in the centre it basically looks like a 50/50 mash of the Strike and Freedom Gundams. It looks neat.

Seed movie ahoy!

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I'm hoping for a sequel to seed destiny myself.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Clever Spambot posted:

I'm hoping for a sequel to seed destiny myself.

It's not like the franchise could go any lower after AGE.

Bring on the Jesus. :unsmigghh:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

http://www.gundam-bf.net/

It's from something called Gundam-BF, but that doesn't necessarily narrow it down.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's not like the franchise could go any lower after AGE.

Bring on the Jesus. :unsmigghh:

Hey now, be careful! People said the same thing about Destiny. Sunrise might take that statement as a challenge.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I'm going to guess a spiritual sequel to Gunpla Builders. And of course there'll be a whole new set of HGs for them, pushing the queue for the HGs everyone actually wants even farther back. :suicide:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

ImpAtom posted:

It's from something called Gundam-BF, but that doesn't necessarily narrow it down.

Gundam - Beyond Freedom, a new series about Shinn Asuka and Yzak Joule rebelling against the tyranny of Supreme Council Chairwoman Lacus Clyne and her powerful new Anti-Sword Ship.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Whizbang posted:

Gundam - Beyond Freedom, a new series about Shinn Asuka and Yzak Joule rebelling against the tyranny of Supreme Council Chairwoman Lacus Clyne and her powerful new Anti-Sword Ship.

They get beaten by Jesus in 30 seconds for the final battle but of course no ones dies and everryone forgives each other.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Battlefield: Gundam. Like Operation Troy but really great.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Gundam: Best Friends. It's about a school club.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

ImpAtom posted:

Gundam: BoyFriends

One cute, hardworking girl is surrounded by handsome, perfect Gundam pilots who vie for her affection in the logical conclusion of the trend that began in SEED and continued through Destiny and 00.

It sure looks like a gundam! I hope its not a SEED movie, but its probably going to be a seed movie.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zorak posted:

Gundam: Best Friends. It's about a school club.

A super high-tech virtual high-school sport, and they've just gotta be the very best there ever was, with their super-special robot called Gund- :suicide:.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Strike skirt, F91 legs, Strike Noire shoulders, 00 Gundam arms, Age 3 torso. It must be an MS Saga anime!

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really hope it's another gunpla builders thing, because that ova owned.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Oct 5, 2014

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Mobile Suit Gundam: Back Fins, all the best winged Gundams from across the franchise duke it out for 50 nonsensical yet strangely endearing episodes.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
A SEED movie makes sense with the current timing, since the HD remaster has printed a shitload of free money.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Popehoist posted:

A SEED movie makes sense with the current timing, since the HD remaster has printed a shitload of free money.

The only reason I kind of doubt it is that the timing is weird. If they're showing it in July, SEED Destiny HD won't even be half over. It seems like it would make more sense to promote it near the end of that thing's lifetime.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

ImpAtom posted:

The only reason I kind of doubt it is that the timing is weird. If they're showing it in July, SEED Destiny HD won't even be half over. It seems like it would make more sense to promote it near the end of that thing's lifetime.

July is when they reveal what it is, I thought.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe they'll stop beating around the bush and finally admit that Gundam: The Origin is a thing that's going to happen soon?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raku posted:

Yeah, I mean revealing it.

For example they revealed Destiny HD at the end of SEED HD. It feels like, from a marketing angle, it would make the most sense to reveal a SEED Movie at the end of Destiny HD

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Raku posted:

You would be correct. What i'm still confused about however is the 1/144 bit. Where does that come into play? I almost want to think this has something to do with the game Gundam Breaker since that game is all about building Frankensuits.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

You would be correct. What i'm still confused about however is the 1/144 bit. Where does that come into play? I almost want to think this has something to do with the game Gundam Breaker since that game is all about building Frankensuits.

That was from a model expo promoting a new 1/144 model.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ImpAtom posted:

That was from a model expo promoting a new 1/144 model.

Yeah, but if this is supposedly a movie poster than why would you slap "1/144" on it? Bandai would never need to advertise that considering a new Gundam is almost guaranteed a 1/144 kit nowadays.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

TaurusOxford posted:

Yeah, but if this is supposedly a movie poster than why would you slap "1/144" on it? Bandai would never need to advertise that considering a new Gundam is almost guaranteed a 1/144 kit nowadays.

It's not a movie poster, it's an ad for a kit from the movie.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

BF. Blue Frame?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Someone said Beyond Freedom before jokingly and I really think that's what it's going to be at this point.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I dunno, that robot is not nearly tacky enough to be a successor to the Strike Freedom.

Though if this is a SEED movie, and all of the protagonists are getting upgrades, I'm going to hope Shinn upgrades to the Manifest Destiny.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 14, 2013

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

The ankle... Guards? They look straight out of SEED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

Though if this is a SEED movie, and all of the protagonists are getting upgrades, I'm going to hope Shinn upgrades to the Manifest Destiny.

:golfclap:

Honestly I have to say that strikes me as very similar to the freedom in overall looks without quite as much bling. In particular the shade of blue used on the 'wings' seems to match almost exactly the Strike Freedom.

I can't say I'd be heartbroken if it was the seed movie since I liked seed even if I hated destiny. Out of the rumors I've heard floating around it definately sounds better than if its another AGE side project.

• Locked thread