Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
This seems to suggest Reynardine has been having his own secret adventures, which is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
I'm so confused right now.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
New character alert!!! :frogsiren:

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
Sound the anime alarm :ducksiren:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I like Hettie and hope we see more of her; unless she's one of those evil murder dolls.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Rey is known to be quite charismatic with dolls...

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

RandomPauI posted:

I like Hettie and hope we see more of her; unless she's one of those evil murder dolls.

Maybe she and Reynardine go the same evil murder doll support group.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Also: Renard Renard Renard Hetty

heh

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I bet she's a city fairy. It would make sense for Rey to be hanging out with one.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yoshi Jjang posted:

I've got a question. Was there a reason why Annie hasn't just told Renard that his body is still lying in the forest yet, or have I missed something? It's been almost 20 chapters past.

Why would he need to be told that, when it's exactly where he left it?

Also animated blythe doll. :siren:

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Clop clop? What kind of sound effect is that for a fairy?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She's just wearing clippy cloppy shoes.

Or she's secretly a horse.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
Possessed toys have to stick together.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I know a windup cymbals playing monkey would be cliche but I really want to see a one this chapter.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

I know a windup cymbals playing monkey would be cliche but I really want to see a one this chapter.

Oh my god Rey hanging with a whole little society of living and possessed toys would be amazing.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedy_Lamarr hummm

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

RandomPauI posted:

Is there any other kind of doll?

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

Puella Magissima posted:

Clop clop? What kind of sound effect is that for a fairy?

It looks like she's wearing wedges. Of course that still doesn't explain everything

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

SynthOrange posted:

Also animated blythe doll. :siren:
Looks to me like a glazed china doll, or a painted wooden doll with a glossy finish.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Begemot posted:

I bet she's a city fairy. It would make sense for Rey to be hanging out with one.

I dunno, her ears are way too round.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Are you trying to get Tom sued?

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Well, that was definitely not expected.

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

Looks to me like a glazed china doll, or a painted wooden doll with a glossy finish.

Yeah, I think she's a small, animated porcelain doll of some sort. Her fingers kind of have a "segmented" look to them that also kind of implies that.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
GAH!

Leonard Hatred
Dec 27, 2004
It's like a great big tide of jam. But jam made out of... old women.

*ahem*

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin

Hodgepodge posted:

Ooh, new character. I it just me, or do her legs look robotic?

I'd say so. Her hand joints also appear to be artificial in some way. Though I thought the court wasn't able to create human looking androids, even small ones.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
The mystery deepens!

I'm hoping the "Renard Renard Renard...." continues right up until the last page which will, naturally, just read "Eglamore!"

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

She JUST appeared and some comments are already shipping her and Reynardine... :confused:

... When it's obvious she's actually a Questgiver!

New daily Quest acquired: bring 10 boxbot power cores to Hetty /
Boxbots destroyed: 0 / 10

FezCactus
Jun 2, 2013

Butt dance, butt dance
Ooo I love her design a lot :o I too thought she was a city fairy until I noticed her skin shine and finger joints. Someone on /co/ linked this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitty,_Her_First_Hundred_Years

Interesting if that is where she's from.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

In the movie, Hetty would be voiced by Eva Gabor.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.
Wow, I haven't had such an instant dislike for a character in GKC as I have with Hetty. And those red eyes... well, I think only one other character has had eyes that colour and she's a lot of trouble as well (though she didn't choose it.)

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

Wow, I haven't had such an instant dislike for a character in GKC as I have with Hetty. And those red eyes... well, I think only one other character has had eyes that colour and she's a lot of trouble as well (though she didn't choose it.)

Hey now, the chickcharney had red eyes too and he was just

oh

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

She's obviously not, but when I opened the comic and saw her prancing my first thought was "Coyote in disguise again?". But I guess it's impossible to out-prance Jolly Elfsberry.

I think Hetty's intentionally designed to be vaguely unsettling.

SHISHKABOB posted:

She's just lookin' kind of sneaky and sly there. I don't think she looks very creepy.

Yeah, not really creepy but just a bit weird. It's a sum of things like the boots, red eyes and orange dust floating around. I don't dislike it however, it's an interesting design. When I first saw the candy racing kids designs from wreck-it Ralph i had a similar reaction (or for those who read MSPA, the trickster mode kids).

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 14, 2013

ionicism
Jun 18, 2005

Oh! You should kill her!

Blackheart posted:

She's obviously not, but when I opened the comic and saw her prancing my first thought was "Coyote in disguise again?". But I guess it's impossible to out-prance Jolly Elfsberry.

I think Hetty's intentionally designed to be vaguely unsettling.

She's certainly more than a little bit creepy, and the eyes don't help. I wonder how long she's known Renard (and especially when the last time he helped her was)?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
She's just lookin' kind of sneaky and sly there. I don't think she looks very creepy.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

SHISHKABOB posted:

She's teeny-tiny (doll-like) with red eyes and a confident, sly, fearless manner. Touches off all my possessed ventriloquist dummy alarms.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

She's teeny-tiny (doll-like) with red eyes and a confident, sly, fearless manner. Touches off all my possessed ventriloquist dummy alarms.

Eh, maybe if she had a mouth that looked like a ventriloquist puppet's mouth, like it's a separate moveable block in her face. But I can see where you're coming from.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Blackheart posted:

Did he choose him just because he was probably good looking? Why did he "attempt to kill" Annie? Coyote doesn't seem to believe Renard would do something like that when Annie told him.

Yeah, I don't believe Renard was trying to take control of Annie at all. I think he knew full well that Elgamore would leap in and save Annie and that he just made it look like an accident that he ended up in that doll. But I think he did it on purpose. He may not have realized he'd be completely under Annie's power, but I'm pretty confident that he leapt into that doll on purpose, making it look like he tried to kill Annie.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

That's my thought as well. He knew he could possess the doll, but no one else did. If they saw him jump for the doll, they'd just lock it up and that'd be that, but if he made it look like he was going for Annie, then the confusion would allow him to escape. He almost definitely didn't count on being under Annie's control, though.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Not shown: Renard eating a half-pound of peyote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Blackheart posted:

I sorta want to throw my hat in the Coyote-in-Disguise-Ring as that was my first thought as well, but it does seem unlikely.

Now I'm just hoping for this chapter to be a crazy adventure and at the end of it Reynard meets back up with Annie and Kat and they've clearly had a crazy time too, and the next chapter is whatever that was. Possibly with some overlapping that either Reynard or neither party were aware of at the time. However this is probably even more unlikely than the Hetty is Coyote-in-Disguise theory. Honestly the way this is shaping up is excellent and I'll be perfectly fine if it's just Reynard doing various daily errands befitting a mythical fox possessed stuffed wolf doll.