Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The best thing was when Raven and two other WCW guys were on "Win Ben Stein's Money"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Well if you really miss Lash, you can order a live phone call from him!

http://www.hollywoodiscalling.com/index.php?page=0&change_page=TO+SEE+MORE+CELEBRITIES+CLICK+HERE

(scroll down, apparently they couldn't be bothered to build a bio page for each celebrity)

A live phone call is only 19.95.

You can also get a call from DDP, Raven, or the Maestro. Price of liquor to forget the pain not included.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

triplexpac posted:

I think it's because his sideburns were in the shape of L's

Or the fact he is an insane political cartoonist.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

Or the fact he is an insane political cartoonist.

In hindsight, I'm pretty sure it was the Ls.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Rodney the Piper posted:

In hindsight, I'm pretty sure it was the Ls.

Yeah it's not like Lash Leroux is really the wittiest guy around.

Yeah... I, uh, I get it Lash.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
WCW management had Rick Steiner stiff poor old Lash in a match for being too fat. :smith:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The joke is the idea of anyone booking a Chavo match that goes over ten minutes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

The joke is the idea of anyone booking a Chavo match that goes over ten minutes.

I am pretty sure he had some great matches over ten minutes when he was on smackdown.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

I am pretty sure he had some great matches over ten minutes when he was on smackdown.

Tag matches don't count

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I looked through Meltzer's snowflake database, and this is the highest rated singles match Chavo ever had (****):

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4a8kh_ultimo-dragon-vs-chavo-guerrero_sport#.UbnktufYczA

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

The best thing was when Raven and two other WCW guys were on "Win Ben Stein's Money"

Raven did pretty well! He got to the final round against Ben and if I recall it was fairly close.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I figured if anyone beat Stein, it would be Raven or Lance Storm.

edit: hahaha his competition was kimberly and disco inferno

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 13, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

I figured if anyone beat Stein, it would be Raven or Lance Storm.

Hope he did not loose on questions regarding science.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bobkatt013 posted:

Hope he did not loose on questions regarding science.

Raven got schooled on the evolution and criminal conspiracy questions.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

pathetic little tramp posted:

Well if you really miss Lash, you can order a live phone call from him!

http://www.hollywoodiscalling.com/index.php?page=0&change_page=TO+SEE+MORE+CELEBRITIES+CLICK+HERE

(scroll down, apparently they couldn't be bothered to build a bio page for each celebrity)

A live phone call is only 19.95.

You can also get a call from DDP, Raven, or the Maestro. Price of liquor to forget the pain not included.

How many people are paying upwards of $300 for telephone appearances?

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Al Green passed away. Hopefully he is getting his beard cut in another place now.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
Is this the same gentleman who played the Dog in 2000?

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Perdido posted:

Here, have Jim Duggan, Lash LeRoux, The Wall and Big Vito on some Nickelodeon game show in 2000:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQuKIREpS3U

I just watched this the whole way through. It was awesome.

... Why are they giving away a panasonic cordless phone on a kids game show?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

ChampRamp posted:

Al Green passed away. Hopefully he is getting his beard cut in another place now.

Reports are mixed, Hulk Hogan is taking back his tweet now, I guess Al Green woke up in a ditch covered in dirt because the Hulkster just can't stop burying people.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
If I recall correctly, the story behind the Tank Abbott knife incident is that Tank asked management if he could use a "weapon" on Big Al after the match, and they assumed that he meant a folding chair or something and said okay.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The Monkey Man posted:

If I recall correctly, the story behind the Tank Abbott knife incident is that Tank asked management if he could use a "weapon" on Big Al after the match, and they assumed that he meant a folding chair or something and said okay.

The Huntington Beach Bad Boy, ladies and gentlemen.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Tito Ortiz was never in WCW.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Whoa, I never put two and two together that The Dog = Big Al.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Sir Jebus posted:

I just watched this the whole way through. It was awesome.

... Why are they giving away a panasonic cordless phone on a kids game show?

Hmmmm, the team of the Blue Blazers in 2000.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Zack_Gochuck posted:

Is this the same gentleman who played the Dog in 2000?
Yes.

On a related note, seeing a man pretending to be a dog followed by a Rick Steiner main event push the same week, I stopped watching Nitro for the first time since I started.

That Kevin Sullivan-booked run was just godawful.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
The more old Nitro episodes we watch, the more I realize just how needlessly stiff Benoit was. He just beat the gently caress out of people, and I mean, he took it too, but I saw a match against the Macho Man and even he got beaten like hell. And it isn't just hard chops - he rocks people with that drat running move he does.

Also, Tony Schiavone is such an rear end in a top hat.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

You talking about Benoit's fore-arm clothesline looking move?

And is the Tony Schiavone comment in reference to something particular or more of a blanket statement?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

oldpainless posted:

You talking about Benoit's fore-arm clothesline looking move?

Yea, his blunt force trauma forearm thing. I never realized how hard he hits people with it.

quote:

And is the Tony Schiavone comment in reference to something particular or more of a blanket statement?

More of a blanket statement. He's supercilious without being witty, won't play along with the other announcers, talks over people without having a point, tons of poo poo. Whenever I watch an episode with him broadcasting, he comes off like an annoying little pissant. I understand why though, with what WCW became, but at the same point he was still an rear end in a top hat before the fall. He had a voice though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Halloween Jack posted:

Tito Ortiz was never in WCW.

Tank Abbott was the original. Also I'm pretty sure Tank Abbott doesn't like Tito. But that's like saying grass is green.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

coconono posted:

Tank Abbott was the original. Also I'm pretty sure Tank Abbott doesn't like Tito. But that's like saying grass is green.

I think the nickname theft started in Tank Abbott's fictional autobiography thing At least that's when I first became aware of it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Phenix Rising posted:

Whoa, I never put two and two together that The Dog = Big Al.

Here's something weirder: I knew The Dog was Al Green, but never connected him to Big Al and his beard.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Al Green was a Master Blaster too, with Kevin Nash.

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

Al Green wasn't Big Al, Big Al was some High School coach or something. Well, according to Wikipedia anyway, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Also, a former UFC fighter had a match with someone no-one had ever heard of before in which he dropped him from the top rope at the end, then he threatened to murder him with a knife. Oh, and the commentator explained he was just trying to shave his beard, despite Big Al not having a beard. Wrestling is weird.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
That's the WCW thing to do. Hey, we buy tickets to fly like 60 jobbers to each show, should we feed one to Tank? Na, let's pay a totally new guy to have one match and vanish forever.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Tato posted:

That's the WCW thing to do. Hey, we buy tickets to fly like 60 jobbers to each show, should we feed one to Tank? Na, let's pay a totally new guy to have one match and vanish forever.

WCW had a few people like that. The Machine wrestled one match. Warrior only wrestled 2 matches and was paid like a million. Lanny Poffo never wrestled a single match.

And of course, tag-team champion Judy Bagwell.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

oldpainless posted:

WCW had a few people like that. The Machine wrestled one match. Warrior only wrestled 2 matches and was paid like a million. Lanny Poffo never wrestled a single match.

And of course, tag-team champion Judy Bagwell.

Isn't the Machine the guy who did some inexplicable weird poo poo?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I can't be the only one that keeps confusing Al Green with Al Snow and then wondering why that never happened.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Dickeye posted:

Isn't the Machine the guy who did some inexplicable weird poo poo?

Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRDi2lK6b-s

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Jesus Christ, they ripped that off from 8mm, didn't they? WCW thought a movie character who raped and killed a girl was something they should rip off for a wrestling gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Halloween Jack posted:

Jesus Christ, they ripped that off from 8mm, didn't they? WCW thought a movie character who raped and killed a girl was something they should rip off for a wrestling gimmick.

I can't find the promo that aired earlier in the night to hype him up anywhere, but yeah that was pretty much his gimick.