Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I've only had one guy talk poo poo about the KTM, he was a knobend who couldn't get his Bandit 600 around corners faster than 5mph though so I promptly ignored him.

Mostly it's "Oh I had a KTM, it made that rattle too. :hf:" followed by a story of how they killed it/got a too many tickets/put themselves in a wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

SaNChEzZ posted:

Most of my friends ride Harleys, so I get asked all the loving time. One of them has turned his Harley into a dirt bike, he's like +4 inches all around, chain drive, regeared, different suspension, he went from a night rod to that. He's a great rider, so I respect him for that, but his decisions are... questionable.

The other Harley rider always asks, and I dunno they just don't understand why someone wouldn't like them.

The rest of my friends want Harleys, but don't ride at all, so they can gently caress right off :downs:

e:

Said buddy.

Haha, I have a friend like that. Went from stunting F4is to a Harley. I kinda questioned it until pictures started appearing...

O'riginal
Jul 6, 2004
no images allowed
Fun Shoe
I was at a Patriot Guard standup the other day, talking to a fellow member about bikes. I admired his Harley (Road Glide 2013), then we talked about a couple of Victory bikes nearby; the Victory bikes looked very space-age, and I commented about that; he shrugged and said, "as long as they're American."

I didn't bother telling him that I'm a dirty scumbag Yamaha rider.

About half an hour later, he saw me on my bike, shook his head, and didn't talk to me any more. This kind of behavior absolutely defeats me.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

We're motorcyclists, not bikers. Bikers are literally human garbage.

It's the same reason I don't go to game stores anymore. I'm a nerd but I'll be damned if I share the same space with bronies.

I guess what I'm saying is that bikers are bronies. v :) v

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Xovaan posted:

I guess what I'm saying is that bikers are bronies. v :) v

I had an annoying Buell rider customer when I worked at the Harley dealership and I found his account on a Buell forum. Sure enough, he was a brony too.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good

SaNChEzZ posted:

The rest of my friends want Harleys, but don't ride at all, so they can gently caress right off :downs:

"Why would u get a USED old asian bike that will break down when u can get a harley otd for like $199/mo I don't understand"

:allears:

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

The thing about the "why don't you get a harley" guys who don't even ride is that they are attracted to the bad-boy fantasy image that comes with the brand, yet don't have the loving balls to actually plop down the money for a bike they are secretly afraid of. They're afraid to ride, and don't really see the appeal beyond pulling up to the bar on a 'hog. I know guys who make more money than me, talk about how much they want a harley and it's the only bike they'd ever own but can't because they just can't afford it right now. Meanwhile I have two bikes, one a '12 S3R. It drives me crazy that a brand and how big a bike is is their measure of manliness, when they're afraid to ride, afraid to compromise their ego and built up fantasy to actually start something as a beginner, and have no concept of what a skillful rider is.

Reminds me of the time I was a bartender and a woman told me I needed to turn in my man card because I don't care about football. Bitch I climb mountains and ride motorcycles, I'm more of a man than your fat husband will ever be in two lifetimes. They're armchair badasses, who will never do anything that might be considered risky but quick to deride those who actually do poo poo because they don't conform to what they see on TV.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

Reminds me of the time I was a bartender and a woman told me I needed to turn in my man card because I don't care about football. Bitch I climb mountains and ride motorcycles, I'm more of a man than your fat husband will ever be in two lifetimes. They're armchair badasses, who will never do anything that might be considered risky but quick to deride those who actually do poo poo because they don't conform to what they see on TV.

My favorite Hemingway quote:
"There are only three true sports - bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor sports. The rest are merely games"

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

O'riginal posted:

I was at a Patriot Guard standup the other day, talking to a fellow member about bikes. I admired his Harley (Road Glide 2013), then we talked about a couple of Victory bikes nearby; the Victory bikes looked very space-age, and I commented about that; he shrugged and said, "as long as they're American."

I didn't bother telling him that I'm a dirty scumbag Yamaha rider.

About half an hour later, he saw me on my bike, shook his head, and didn't talk to me any more. This kind of behavior absolutely defeats me.

"Ugh, a japbike, despicable"

~~ keys his Harley's Japanese ignition and potato's off into the sunset~~

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Snowdens Secret posted:

From ADV Rider, some poster was told at a Patriot Guard event by some douchebag that he was disrespecting the dead service-member by showing up on a "kraut bike".

When I had my starter EX500 some jackass questioned my patriotism for riding it. I just pointed at the DoD sticker and invited him to read it.

I can't recall getting any of the "when are you going to get a Harley" questions, but that may be a function of where I live.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
I have a Harley and most Harley riders annoy the poo poo out of me. I almost wish I could say my bike was not a Harley so that they don't respond with some kind of positive affirmation that I fit into their halfshell-helmet-wearing patched-vest-owning "more chrome equals higher value" worldview.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I knew a guy who rode an FZ6R and complained about "Real Bikers" once. He said something to the effect of "I'm sorry you feel the need to waste your money on a bike that's heavier, slower, more expensive, and less reliable than mine. The only thing you might have is comfort."

E: I want to buy a Sportster and remove all the HD badges just because.

Strife posted:

Good luck, it even says Harley Davidson on the screws.

Defeated before I even began.

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 12, 2013

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Pope Mobile posted:

Good luck, it even says Harley Davidson on the screws.

apatite
Dec 2, 2006

Got yer back, Jack

I was over at a friend's house and they were working on a 70s CB for this kid that was going to ride it halfway across the country the next day. Since he didn't actually have a motorcycle license I rode with him to the inspection station after the front brakes and wiring were fixed on his new bike.

The inspection guys thought we wanted both our bikes inspected, but I told him mine was good until August.

Cue the guy I rode there with saying "It's good until August? You don't even need to get it inspected this year then right? I mean you'll be putting it away after that!"

Yeah, no. I bought the bike the end of last August and put 5k miles on it between then and the end of May. It is winter here from October->April, and I was out of the state for most of April. Also it is a DRZ400 :bravo2:

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Strife posted:

I have a Harley and most Harley riders annoy the poo poo out of me. I almost wish I could say my bike was not a Harley so that they don't respond with some kind of positive affirmation that I fit into their halfshell-helmet-wearing patched-vest-owning "more chrome equals higher value" worldview.

The only guy I know who has a harley that annoys the poo poo out of me wont call his giant bagger a bike. He will always refer to it by brand name.

"Hey you want to jump on the Harleys and take a ride?"
"Yo lets get the Harleys out and go somewhere."

Its loving aggravating. He even tried to make one of us ride his second Sportster when we had Hondas because he wanted another Harley to ride with. This guy is a maybe 5'4" and can barely touch the ground on his gigantic streetglide. I keep sending him links for motorcycle training wheels to piss him off. Like these! http://www.trikealternatives.com

The other HD people I hang out with either have built theirs from just an engine and its the only HD part on the bike or have classic shovelheads that they are fabricating. They always refer to their motorcycles as "bikes." One of them hates harley "the image" so much he turns every bar and shield upside down he can find on any of the bikes he modifies to sell. The only one on his bike is in the headlight and it is upside down.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
As a Ducati owner :smug:, I'm too busy being awesome to be annoyed by annoying bikers.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

As a Ducati owner :smug:, I'm too busy being awesome to be annoyed by annoying bikers.

Can't hear them over the coffee shop beat poetry reading anyway

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Snowdens Secret posted:

Goddamnit, who posted that Harley logo that's just the word potato three or four times? I think it was a couple weeks ago now.

Edit:
To contribute to the Harley-Chat(™), an ex-girlfriend's dad is a cop, grew up with very American muscle cars, and rides a massive, kitted-out electraglide with his wife. He still loved my lovely little 400cc two stroke for whatever that's worth. But I live in Wisconsin about an hour and a half from the Harley factory in Milwaukee, and everyone rides Harleys and they're terrible so I guess I don't know what I'm saying.

Yerok fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 13, 2013

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Yerok posted:

Goddamnit, who posted that Harley logo that's just the word potato three or four times? I think it was a couple weeks ago now.

Edit:
To contribute to the Harley-Chat(™), an ex-girlfriend's dad is a cop, grew up with very American muscle cars, and rides a massive, kitted-out electraglide with his wife. He still loved my lovely little 400cc two stroke for whatever that's worth. But I live in Wisconsin about an hour and a half from the Harley factory in Milwaukee, and everyone rides Harleys and they're terrible so I guess I don't know what I'm saying.

Here you go.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

I am seriously considering getting a sticker made up of that and throwing it on my helmet...

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Shimrod posted:

I am seriously considering getting a sticker made up of that and throwing it on my helmet...

You can actually get it from here.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Redbubble has really bad sticker quality though. I'd avoid. It's like early 2000's inkjet bad.

Jdubbya in SAmart can make you a custom vinyl decal if you can give him a relatively cleaned up version of the sticker you want. :)

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Xovaan posted:

Redbubble has really bad sticker quality though. I'd avoid. It's like early 2000's inkjet bad.

Jdubbya in SAmart can make you a custom vinyl decal if you can give him a relatively cleaned up version of the sticker you want. :)

Seconding this, he made me some dickbutts on the cheap. A++ would dick or butt again.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

One of my friends families own a printery, honestly I'd just print a picture of it out and take it to them >.> They do good quality stuff.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Xovaan posted:

Kind of apropos: what happened to the guy who did custom patches in SA Mart?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Kind of apropos: what happened to the guy who did custom patches in SA Mart?

Oh man, no idea, but that guy was awesome. Custom patches, no more expensive than regular patches? Sign me the gently caress up! Never had good enough ideas to warrant a purchase though. :(

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Overheard stupid poo poo? Happened to me yesterday! I was sitting at a stop light on my Honda Shadow and this guy on a Harley rolls up next to me, goes "Bet you wish you had a Harley right now!", looked over at me all :smug: like he had issued the most wicked burn ever.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

americanzero4128 posted:

Overheard stupid poo poo? Happened to me yesterday! I was sitting at a stop light on my Honda Shadow and this guy on a Harley rolls up next to me, goes "Bet you wish you had a Harley right now!", looked over at me all :smug: like he had issued the most wicked burn ever.

Surprised you could hear him over his small penis Screamin EagleTM pipes.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

That's where you say "Your Yamaha isn't any better" and ride toward your adventures instead of away from your crippling debt and poor life choices.

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

Pope Mobile posted:

When I bought my sportster the first thing I did was take off all the harley badges and the live to ride :911: poo poo. Chrome HARLEY DAVIDSON license plate frame, stick on cast gas cap LIVE TO RIDE medallion that made the cap rattle like poo poo, gold covered MADE IN USA eagle on the sissybar ect...

Where possible I've replaced with chinese parts like the led skull hitchcover I mounted on the sissybar.

I really need to throw it all up on craigslist and put the money towards repainting or replacing the gas tank which is the last harley branded part on the bike. Unless some goon wants to buy it and 'Merica up a rebel or something.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
Can we re-name this thread "A Guy On A Harley Insulted Me And Now I'm Crying On The Internet"?

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

americanzero4128 posted:

Had that happen and told him I didn't like minivans.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

invision posted:

Can we re-name this thread "A Guy On A Harley Insulted Me And Now I'm Crying On The Internet"?

YES

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

invision posted:

Seconded. Seriously, what vibe are you guys giving off? I ride a German old man sportbike on the street and the only thing I hear from Harley guys is that they like it.

Although, come to think of it, I was called a "sons of anarchy reject" on a FB comments section (Wearing a sparco fire suit, 5 day beard and persols, so who knows), so maybe they just think I'll call out Tig and Opie to rough them up if they talk poo poo about the bike or something.

ThatCguy fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jun 15, 2013

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

invision posted:

Thirded. loving Butthurt Brigade around here.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

Thirded. loving Butthurt Brigade around here.

To be fair Harley guys sometimes can be pretty smug about their rides, which is stupid.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

To be fair Harley guys sometimes can be pretty smug about their rides, which is stupid.

Not really their fault. They just bought into the HD indoctrination program. HD marketing is that theirs is the one and only bike for a straight american man.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

invision posted:

This is a loving stupid motorcycle related poo poo post, thus is very appropiate for this thread.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It's funny because this is the thread for stupid motorcycle poo poo. You're not going to get any "I came across the nicest old lady riding a Dyna the other day," because that's not the point of this thread.
Holy poo poo, an increase of posts about people living up to the smug, HD stereotype during "riding season"? Who'd have thunk it?
Want me to make it all better? Here's an HD story that will make you feel all warm and fuzzy:
Three riders (brain buckets, HD gear, beards/goatees) on some antique HDs came up to the ferry loading area yesterday. One of them saw a guy on a Guzzi and recognized him. They started chatting. Guzzi guy says, tongue-in-cheek, "I'm riding an Italian bike. Hope that's okay!"
"gently caress if I care. I'm not the one riding it!" They shoot the poo poo for a while and Guzzi goes back to his bike. HD riders are talking about the other bikes while the ferry unloads. "Lotta different bikes here. Like that one- Kawasaki KLR. I like those. Really reliable."
They start asking about my bike- is it comfy on the freeway? How fast have I gone? How far can I go between fillups? Etc. They were generally nice people who were headed to the eastern side of the mountains for some riding event.

All better now? Is the cream helping the rash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

invision posted:

Are you a Harley rider? Does the large percentage of brainwashed retards and RUBs on them offend you?

We're making fun of stupid poo poo in here - HD weekend warriors and gixxer brahs are going to be the most frequent source of these gems, so either don't read the thread, or stop gettin all mad about it on the Internet.

E:

FileNotFound posted:

Not really their fault. They just bought into the HD indoctrination program. HD marketing is that theirs is the one and only bike for a straight american man who wants an excuse to dress like a gay man on his way to leather daddy night.

Militant Lesbian fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 15, 2013

• Locked thread