Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

hobbesmaster posted:

All you should have had to do was to disband the group (its a gf group at that point), reset all phases, reform the group (now a non gf group) then as soon as the group leader queues it'll pop; decline if its the wrong thing.

I don't think there's a confirmation box if you already have a full group, for example if you queue for a HM flashpoint with a full group of 4 it'll just go directly to the "transport to instance" step instead of giving you the decline option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

ThingsIWishWouldHappenButNeverWill.txt

- Powertechs should use rifles, not guns. Leave mercs with 2 blasters. I'd even (sacrilege, I know) trade rocket punch for stock strike to get that.

- Similarly, Ops should have a blaster. Space-James Bond should use a space-gun.

- Give players all the NPC customization options that are in game. I want Doc's sweet Doc Holliday 'stache on my gunslinger. Also: old face textures. I know it doesn't fit some stories but, frankly, neither does being a Sith Pureblood Jedi and no one making a reference to it. My ability to play space-Barbie should trump Bioware's "story"

- Have the Jedi Guardian hold his lightsaber in a more forward stance rather than like a baseball bat.

- Add new player races. I want a Sullustan gunslinger and a Wookiee BH. I know it won't happen because of ~*romanceable companions*~ but Princess Leia was willing to kiss a Wookiee, Mako should too :colbert:

- Add new classes. Like Imperial Trooper. Story ends with becoming head of the Imperial Guard or something. For Republic, I don't know, Diplomat/spy, I guess?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Hulk Smash! posted:

- Powertechs should use rifles, not guns. Leave mercs with 2 blasters. I'd even (sacrilege, I know) trade rocket punch for stock strike to get that.

- Similarly, Ops should have a blaster. Space-James Bond should use a space-gun.

- Give players all the NPC customization options that are in game. I want Doc's sweet Doc Holliday 'stache on my gunslinger. Also: old face textures. I know it doesn't fit some stories but, frankly, neither does being a Sith Pureblood Jedi and no one making a reference to it. My ability to play space-Barbie should trump Bioware's "story"

- Have the Jedi Guardian hold his lightsaber in a more forward stance rather than like a baseball bat.

- Add new player races. I want a Sullustan gunslinger and a Wookiee BH. I know it won't happen because of ~*romanceable companions*~ but Princess Leia was willing to kiss a Wookiee, Mako should too :colbert:

- Add new classes. Like Imperial Trooper. Story ends with becoming head of the Imperial Guard or something. For Republic, I don't know, Diplomat/spy, I guess?

Powertechs should definitely keep blasters and the Jedi Guardian stance is pretty sweet :colbert:

Also the reason that there are no races differing too much from human is more of an animation and gear modelling issue.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wish the forms were forms.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Fathis Munk posted:

Also the reason that there are no races differing too much from human is more of an animation and gear modelling issue.

Yes, yes, but animation issues shmissues. Get on it Bioware!

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

I wish the forms were forms.
This, and Ops using pistols, are both great choices.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

KittyEmpress posted:

Turn on hide helmets for a free Covert Helmet?

THe issue is (and it's really a minor bug but it annoys the gently caress out of me) that if one of your companions is in a cutscene, but it's not the 'active' companion (like, for example, you and all your buds are standing around your ship's holoterminal for something) then even if you have 'hide helmet' set for that companion, it will still display the helmet in the cutscene.

It's a minor thing, but ever since noticing it I've been trying to find headgear that I don't mind showing simply so that it's not as jarring when Jaesa is suddenly in a full-had helmet or something during dialogue.

Rookersh posted:

- How many Vice Comm/Archon boxes will I have to open to hit Outsider with the Cartel Resale guys.

You get a rep item in each box, but the amount they give can vary. The very first one I bought had a blue rep item that gave +1400ish rep, the second box had a green item that gave +380 IIRC.

quote:

- Where do I start Heroic Space Missions?

I assumed those are the ones that show up in your ship cockpit when you hit 50. The ones that are impossible to complete without rank 7 gear you'll almost certainly not have by then.

Fathis Munk posted:

I recently browsed the adaptive armor section of the GTN and really there are so much "sexy" armors, it's getting kinda depressing. Between the dancer set, the relaxed set and the completely stupid invisible chest armors, I really don't know what's worse :smith:

Stuff like the invisible belt/gloves/boots/bracers I at least 'get' if you don't want to have an 'item' there but still get stats. The top though is just basement creeper pandering.

Fathis Munk posted:

I dunno, I think that gear looks stupid and doesn't fit in. Seriously there are easy ways to find low level oranges for whatever class that will look way more awesome and appropriate to being a space hero.

I am tempted to get one of the 'dancer' sets for my alien jedi chick, but mostly to use as pvp armor and troll with. Act like an orion slave girl, wonder where captain kirk is, etc.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

WarLocke posted:

THe issue is (and it's really a minor bug but it annoys the gently caress out of me) that if one of your companions is in a cutscene, but it's not the 'active' companion (like, for example, you and all your buds are standing around your ship's holoterminal for something) then even if you have 'hide helmet' set for that companion, it will still display the helmet in the cutscene.

It's a minor thing, but ever since noticing it I've been trying to find headgear that I don't mind showing simply so that it's not as jarring when Jaesa is suddenly in a full-had helmet or something during dialogue.

I've started frapsing my entire class storylines since I came back to TOR, and the amount of times I've had to fix this is really frustrating. I start a class conversation on my ship, notice my active companion wearing their stupid helmet or other armor that doesn't show the unified color in those cutscenes, then escape the conversation, hop off the ship, remove the helmet/dumb looking armor, get back on the ship and restart the conversation. It's a good 5 - 10 minute delay each time and really frustrating, but hell if I'm going to have my companions looking like hell when I upload the videos to youtube.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

So no one else has completely unrealistic things they would change?

Unrelated: I finally hit 10 mil credits on my main today just from crafting sales since launch. Now I understand why people play the GTN instead. Much faster.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Companions work perfectly fine without a helmet equipped, so just do it like me and don't give them one. Problem solved.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

- Make speeders faster and enable mounted combat, RotJ-style. Zoom by a Pubbie, lop his head off. :black101:

- Allow us to select different emotion animations/poses during characer creation. Nothing like a Sith who grins like a creeper any time he's amused.

- More companion interaction, and allow companions to interact with each other on the ship. Let them spar, play space-chess, have drinking contests or something.

-Let every character use ever kind of equipment to varying degrees of competence.

- Give me the opportunity to backhand NPCs in chat at will. LIGHTNING SLAP!

New favorite ToR moment from the Sith Inquisitor. Been getting the reputation up high with Ashara to the point where you get to hump in space, and after the fade to black she's pulling on her gloves humming the Imperial March. :allears:

Hulk Smash! posted:

I've just completed the Foundy with me an another DPS Ops as the DPS duo. That was the fastest I've seen mobs drop ever. I'm guessing 2 snipers/gunslingers would be even better...

Then I came back to the fleet and saw this:

:smith:

I'm not even on an RP server.
:barf:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Blasphemaster posted:

- More companion interaction, and allow companions to interact with each other on the ship. Let them spar, play space-chess, have drinking contests or something.

This is probably what I would want the most. Go back to the 'companion kits' that let you use any companion as any archetype, flesh them all out so every companion has a full story (including letting us actually go on missions instead of fading to black), more interaction between companions and during conversations. Bring back the ability to completely alienate/kill off companions.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Gasoline posted:

Companions work perfectly fine without a helmet equipped, so just do it like me and don't give them one. Problem solved.
This is what I do. Give them matching armor too. Solves all problems.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

Rascyc posted:

This is what I do. Give them matching armor too. Solves all problems.

I had Aric in the Carth Onasi suit leveling my trooper, but the Carth suit doesn't have gloves (or helmet), and I didn't want to miss TWO equipment slots.

And speaking of character interactions, the lack of new companion dialog other than area comments in Rise of the Hutt Cartel was probably my biggest disappointment with the expansion. It seemed like a huge waste to bring all the voice actors back in just for each of them to record half a dozen "Hey look at how neat this room/area is!" lines each.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Hulk Smash! posted:

I'm pretty sure this isn't happening because of the voice-acting, not romance. Non-humanoid species all have their own languages and no-one wants to listen to their repeated gibberish for 60 hours. And obviously a Wookiee speaking English would be creepy as gently caress.

Personally I'd love some more cyborg stuff. Things like robot arms, half your head covered in metal plates, metal jaws etc etc.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 15, 2013

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
More planets so that for each level range you'd have at least 2 to pick from. :allears:

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Nephthys posted:

And obviously a Wookiee speaking English would be creepy as gently caress.

I don't know about that, playing as a wookie Imperial Agent sounds like it would be hilarious.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Reveilled posted:

I don't know about that, playing as a wookie Imperial Agent sounds like it would be hilarious.

Oh my god yes, in a nice and proper intelligence uniform.

Wookie Jedis could be pretty ridiculous too. Actually Wookie anything.

E : Forget about Wookies, I'm with the guy below me, give us Jawas-

Fathis Munk fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 15, 2013

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011
Said it before but no-one deserves wookies until I get to make Darth Utini the Jawa Sorcerer. :colbert:

Make it happen Bioware.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

More planets so that for each level range you'd have at least 2 to pick from. :allears:

Belsavis! :fuckoff:

Laradus posted:

Said it before but no-one deserves wookies until I get to make Darth Utini the Jawa Sorcerer. :colbert:

Make it happen Bioware.

Oh now that would be divine.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Annakie posted:

I've started frapsing my entire class storylines since I came back to TOR, and the amount of times I've had to fix this is really frustrating. I start a class conversation on my ship, notice my active companion wearing their stupid helmet or other armor that doesn't show the unified color in those cutscenes, then escape the conversation, hop off the ship, remove the helmet/dumb looking armor, get back on the ship and restart the conversation. It's a good 5 - 10 minute delay each time and really frustrating, but hell if I'm going to have my companions looking like hell when I upload the videos to youtube.

You don't have to leave your ship to gently caress with your companions' equipment. I don't remember if the companion tab is gone or if it just shows your ship droid but I know there were arrows next to their name that you can scroll through your companions' equipment and put it on or take it off. The same thing was happening to me when I was recording cutscenes for the LP but I found this out and it helped a lot. :)

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
Do we know what the timeline for this game is? For example, all the Republic storylines happen after the Imperial storylines (Judging by how Balmorra is set up), but are there specifics?

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

WarLocke posted:

Rascals toothpick?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I like the mask that Sith Warriors get from the Nar Shaddaa heroic in the space port. It's just a rebreather that barely covers their mouth, and I wish I could get one on my Agent.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Red Crown posted:

Do we know what the timeline for this game is? For example, all the Republic storylines happen after the Imperial storylines (Judging by how Balmorra is set up), but are there specifics?

A related question, how exactly does the game handle planets where the Imperial and Republic have different level quests? I went through Taris on my Sith in the mid-30s, but also just went through the Jedi quests in the teens. In each case the mobs were appropriate level, but there were also opposite-faction characters running around doing their own thing, not plowing through grey mobs or getting wrecked by reds. Am I missing something, or misremembering something?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Simon Draskovic posted:

A related question, how exactly does the game handle planets where the Imperial and Republic have different level quests? I went through Taris on my Sith in the mid-30s, but also just went through the Jedi quests in the teens. In each case the mobs were appropriate level, but there were also opposite-faction characters running around doing their own thing, not plowing through grey mobs or getting wrecked by reds. Am I missing something, or misremembering something?

Taris/Balmorra are completely different areas for Imperial/Republic.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Yeah, Republic Taris and Imperial Taris are basically completely different planets and you can't go to the opposing one so you're probably misremembering seeing opposite faction players!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Catsworth posted:

Yeah, Republic Taris and Imperial Taris are basically completely different planets and you can't go to the opposing one so you're probably misremembering seeing opposite faction players!

Tatooine, however, is shared. Not sure which other ones. Hoth?

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

Unprofessional design critic

Red Crown posted:

There are times where the stories seem out of sync (Like how Lord Scourge joins the Jedi Knight at the exact same time as the Emperor's hand recruits the Warrior to be the new Emperor's Wrath given that they both occur on Quesh) with any sort of timeline, but certain events towards the end game seem to make it that Imperial stories happen first when you compare the planet quests. For example, on Corellia the Sith story has you taking over more or less and Republic story has you defeating the Darth that tells the Sith to take over in the first place. Another example is Makeb where the events that proceed show a lot of Republic action occurring after the Empire makes landfall, but the story lines seem to sync up at the end.

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

Unprofessional design critic

WarLocke posted:

Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine, Alderaan, Quesh, Hoth, Belsavis, Voss, Corellia, Illum, and Makeb are all planets that allow different-faction contact.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

WarLocke posted:

All but Balmorra, Taris, Coruscant, Dromund Kaas, Tython, Hutta, Korriban and Ord Mandell.

But all the ones that share factions (other than Balmorra and Taris) are equal level.

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002

KittyEmpress posted:

I like the mask that Sith Warriors get from the Nar Shaddaa heroic in the space port. It's just a rebreather that barely covers their mouth, and I wish I could get one on my Agent.

There is one on the alderaan vendor at level 28 I think for some planetary commendations. I just ripped the mods out of it and my agent is wearing one along with revan robes. Sith agent for life.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Strategy posted:

There is one on the alderaan vendor at level 28 I think for some planetary commendations. I just ripped the mods out of it and my agent is wearing one along with revan robes. Sith agent for life.

Oh hell yeah, I'm picking that up next time I'm on the fleet.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I'd only ask for two things to be changed/added. One, smarter companion AI. And two, the ability to have more than two windows open at once.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
More species need beards. Chiss bluebeard please.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Kaysette posted:

More species need beards. Chiss bluebeard please.

If that happened, I'd need to create Bluebeard the Bounty Hunter, and just say yarr all the time.

Edit: Agent, Trooper and Warrior spoilers below/Companions

I dislike my companions as an agent (male) - or at least, even the ones I am enjoying let me down with their final conversations. I obsessively max out my companions affection, so going into chapter 3, Vector, Lokin, and Temple were all willing to give me all their conversations, so I did because hey, cool!

But I didn't like it - on the Warrior (female) your final conversations make all of them show how loyal they are... Jaesa (light side) swears to raise a family beside you, so that you may both have legacies to carry on with changing the Empire. Quinn (romanced) talks about caring for your children, and promising that if any lacked force sensitivity, that they would eventually grow to be moffs. Pierce says he'll teach all your children and apprentices how to make battle plans/be great soldiers and leaders. Broonmark says he will teach everyone who follows you the GLORY OF THE HUNT :black101: and how to stalk and murder prey efficiently. Even Vette says she'll teach them how to get out of trouble.

Out of Vector, Lokin, and Temple, Temple (romance) and you get 'married' with no conversations after it. Lokin finishes finding out about the research and taking the project, and nothing else. Vector declines becoming Dawn Herald for every Kilik Clan, instead deciding to defend your legacy for all his life. That's one out of three.

Even my trooper had everyone besides Forex mention 'my legacy' and how they'd teach my kids things. Even Forex, sort of. He said he'd help them become TRUE HEROES OF THE REPUBLIC :america:

It feels like Warrior and Trooper made my companions feel like a giant extended family, while the Agent just hasn't.

Going from above, should I expect more like the Warrior/Trooper, or more like the Agent with future characters?

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jun 15, 2013

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Yeah, the story sync up is strange.

Basically though Imps always go first, except for Voss. In every other planet, the Republic quests are you dealing with cleaning up with the Imp players did, and retaking the planet. Voss however is the same planet for both sides, so everyone syncs up there, before the Imps go do Corelia first. This is obviously excluding Taris and Balmorra, since those are switched.

Makeb is a bit stranger, since both sides really don't meet. Imp starts first, but they both end at the same time.

If you go into actual class story storylines, it gets stranger ( major spoilers ) the Bounty Hunter is technically the first storyline done, and the Trooper Act 2 is the first Act 2 done. The JK Act 2 has to happen before the SW Act 2, and then the JK storyline ends shortly before the SW storyline. Both the SW storyline and the Inquis storyline have to technically be finished before Republic Corelia, as the Republic kills half of the Dark Council that shows up during their ceremony. Yet the Consular apparently finishes their storyline shortly after Trooper Act 2, making her the second done storyline after the BH.

There is also the issue of noncanon questing, which apparently most of the Imperial quests are. Most of the Imperial quests have you killing specific people/Heroic bosses/optional kills. But once you get to Republic side, which happens after the Imperial side, you can go meet/fight these same people, meaning the Imperials never got around to it. Flashpoints have the same premise for both sides, so one side is technically the "winner" of the two, with the Republic being the most likely in most cases. It even gets weirder when you consider Taris.

According to the Imps, they have made Taris inhospitable for human life for another few thousand years, and have ravaged the planet. But on Pub side, you have quite a few quests that take place on Taris storyline wise after Act 3 canonically. There's also the issue that if you talk to Supreme Chancellor Saresh, she mentions she got the job because she stabilized Taris, and established a way for the planet to fully rebuild. Except she was elected to that office well after Imperial Taris, which would have killed her/ruined her reputation. You also have the issue that somewhere within the next 3000 years, Taris rebuilds to the point it rejoins the Republic.

So technically, Imp Taris can't happen. Instead, it's got to be assumed that the Imp Heroes landed, told Gravus to gently caress off, did their quests, then left.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 15, 2013

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
I find it fascinating just how willing Pubbies are to torpedo their own interests, economically speaking. I see people all the time posting items at a 20-30% discount because MONEY NOW, and I've watched several markets just plain crash. For example, Phobium has fallen by 80% over the last week on my server. Pubs just undercut each other into oblivion, completely oblivious that they're costing themselves huge amounts of money. Bondite is down 75% as well.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Red Crown posted:

I find it fascinating just how willing Pubbies are to torpedo their own interests, economically speaking. I see people all the time posting items at a 20-30% discount because MONEY NOW, and I've watched several markets just plain crash. For example, Phobium has fallen by 80% over the last week on my server. Pubs just undercut each other into oblivion, completely oblivious that they're costing themselves huge amounts of money. Bondite is down 75% as well.

I've honestly done this a few times. I'm far too lazy to play the market when I can just throw up a 10 stack of materials for 3k and make an extra 40-50k per planet. Plus the fact that everything is already so low priced on Begeren, making it even worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
I just tanked the last boss of HM Cademimu on my Sniper with a lightning Sorc healing because both the tank and healer died to a freak accident at around 50% :psyduck:
I'm proud of myself for not forgetting I have Ballistic Shield and Evasion like I usually do .

KittyEmpress posted:

It feels like Warrior and Trooper made my companions feel like a giant extended family, while the Agent just hasn't.

Honestly, all the "bla bla legacy" final conversations felt really forced to me. It kind of fits with apprentices and droids and maybe romanced companions I guess, but for others it's just weird. Why would companions like Kaliyo and Lokin feel like family anyway? One's a mercenary, the other's been a rogue agent for a long time, both really only care about themselves and neither are trustworthy. I like that they're more about doing their own thing.

• Locked thread