Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Speedboat Jones posted:

Because when I'm playing through the game as normal I don't get to just say "I want this gun and that gun" and just get them. Trust me, if I had better weapons drop for me I wouldn't be complaining.

You can sort of say "I want better guns" and get them, though. If you're really hurting for weapons, keep an eye on the weapon machines closest to your level for the next little while, and do a few side quests/kill badasses/open chests for a bit. You'll get some experience and cash, and chances are you'll come across at least one weapon that's an upgrade or useful sidegrade in your case. What level is your dude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's almost 48. I kinda know what I should be doing, I'm just ticked off at the HP values for bosses sometimes. As soon as I hit 50 I have a ton of gear from the 5 other characters I have at or above that level. It's just a real slog until I get there.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Oh, yeah, the few levels just before 50 are pretty lovely sometimes. At least you don't have far to go.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man, Bar Room Blitz is insanely addictive. I'm just repeating the same thing over and over again and it never stops being fun. I started out doing it to farm Torgue Tokens, but now I'm doing it just because. I've somehow managed to level Gaige from 50 to 53 just by repeating it over and over again. It's pretty much everything I imagined when I first read that the Torgue DLC would have tournaments - a hectic all-out brawl where there are no sides and everyone's killing each other and the goddamn Cannibal Rats are stealing my poo poo. Sorta like the first mission of the DLC before things got kinda less fun.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Does anyone else playing a melee Krieg constantly die due to having Silence the Voices and hitting yourself?

edit: Just went into FFYL 5 times in a row in one fight due to hitting myself. The game says it's only 12% chance, but it's gotta be higher.

Edit2: spelling

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jun 12, 2013

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

10 Beers posted:

Does anyone else playing a memes Krieg constantly die due to having Silence the Voices and hitting yourself?

Yup, and that's why I rebuilt into a blood/fire Krieg and it's a blast so far, but we'll see if UVHM destroys me because I'm just about to start it.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd
Anyone on XB360 have lvl60+ conference calls or other guns to share? Game's gotten boring with old lvl50 guns.

GT: jbusby27

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

10 Beers posted:

Does anyone else playing a memes Krieg constantly die due to having Silence the Voices and hitting yourself?

edit: Just went into FFYL 5 times in a row in one fight due to hitting myself. The game says it's only 12% chance, but it's gotta be higher.

It's gotta be way higher, and yes all the time. That's what the norfleet/topneaa is for.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

jbusbysack posted:

Anyone on XB360 have lvl60+ conference calls or other guns to share? Game's gotten boring with old lvl50 guns.

GT: jbusby27

This, basically.

Friend and I were messing around on the Hammerlock's DLC, which neither of us had played before.

He, a level 55 Siren, and myself a 52 Mechro (decked out with almost all level 50 orange items). Let me tell you about eight rolling thunder grenades and 25 Norfleet rockets from just myself, plus whatever gear my friend had, against those motherfuckers than level their selves up... a 52 and a 55 against two or three of those assholes at level 60... :v:

Running into them at the lodge for the first time, we were quickly overwhelmed. He exited so we could re-start that fight better prepared.

Then... then that rear end in a top hat Hammerlock needs us to defend him while he repairs the vehicle spawn. :shepicide:

Myself and three other friends play quite a bit, and I don't think any of us have made it to 61 yet, but having a bunch of 61 oranges waiting for us would be awesome.

My GT is the same as my name here, but I Probably won't be on until Friday.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

10 Beers posted:

Happens to me pretty frequently too with rank 10 Silence the Voices, but it's not too hard to work around that by a) always being in Release the Beast and b) throwing axes at everything.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
i got some 61 stuff i can drop if anyone needs.
ashekaban on xbox. just lemme know who you are and any requests

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Angry Diplomat posted:

Happens to me pretty frequently too with rank 10 Silence the Voices, but it's not too hard to work around that by a) always being in Release the Beast and b) throwing axes at everything.

Was trying out a different class mod last night with my buddy, so I took friendly fire and he kept dicking around trying to lower my (FotF) shield to kill enemies. I had Silence the Voices bumped to 10 and, after getting tired of being shot, tried swinging at my buddy. I instead proceeded to hit myself 3 times in a row, having never done any melee attacks before that point. :confused:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
What tree would you suggest for a low / mid-level Krieg (18 right now), and more importantly, some tips on HOW to play the build when the person in question (me) has played Lilith / Maya 90% of their BL & BL2 time and Axton Roland the rest. I'm so used to hanging back and keeping enemies away that Krieg is frustrating for me at this point because I haven't figured out a good play-style for him (un-learning habits is the main issue, I know =)

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Lumpy posted:

What tree would you suggest for a low / mid-level Krieg (18 right now), and more importantly, some tips on HOW to play the build when the person in question (me) has played Lilith / Maya 90% of their BL & BL2 time and Axton Roland the rest. I'm so used to hanging back and keeping enemies away that Krieg is frustrating for me at this point because I haven't figured out a good play-style for him (un-learning habits is the main issue, I know =)

Regardless of gear, I would suggest this layout.
You can build more points into the Strip the Flesh if you find that killing enemies in Light the Fuse is too weak, or pump more into Fuel the Rampage, so that you're more likely to be rampaging and using melee damage. Don't be afraid to run in to groups of people if you bump Empty the Rage - it's the best skill to increase your melee damage besides getting lower in the tree to Silence the Voices, which comes with its own inherent risks. As well, increasing Feed the Meat keeps you alive longer.

The playstyle is wildly different from the other characters, though; where if you can utilize relics or class mods towards Krieg's finer features, the skills kinda build themselves.

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 12, 2013

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

I agree with the dead Blues Brother - Mania is probably the best tree for leveling early on. Bloodlust is extremely finicky at first and while Hellborn is quite good, it's also very difficult to utilize before you start stealing health with your fire and suddenly become an immortal muscle demon with a machine gun that shoots bullets made of hell. Mania is great because it offers an extremely powerful mode of attack that remains viable at any level, and the boost to your health improves your staying power in a firefight as well.

The only downside is fighting Rakks and other flying opponents, since hitting them with thrown buzz axes is a tremendous bitch, and good loving luck getting a second wind off them in Light the Fuse unless you manage to atomize a swooping rakk with the self-destruct or something.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Thank you both very kindly! Very, very different than my current build; looking forward to taking out for a spin tonight.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I have all four elements of Norfleets now. (61)

If anyone wants one duped, please send me a PM on SA or to my GT and include your SA username. I'm looking for a level 61 Volcano as well!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Stolen crosspost from the PC thread: Someone made sweet Belt Buckles of all the weapons manufacturers in Pandora.
Well, except Atlas and Eridian.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jake Blues posted:

Stolen crosspost from the PC thread: Someone made sweet Belt Buckles of all the weapons manufacturers in Pandora.
Well, except Atlas and Eridian.

I would wear Torgue on my waist every day and pretend it's a wrestling champion belt.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Gear Chat: I'm now pretty sure the Deliverance is mandatory gear for a Krieg specced for Bloodsplosion. It won't clear rooms but it'll soften up a lot dudes pretty hard.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
I'm almost out of space on my Playstation 3. If I delete the DLC that I've already completed, will this gently caress up my save/characters?

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

I'm almost out of space on my Playstation 3. If I delete the DLC that I've already completed, will this gently caress up my save/characters?

You wont be able to go to them until you have gotten the DLC again. Characters should be fine.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Speedboat Jones posted:

I would wear Torgue on my waist every day and pretend it's a wrestling champion belt.

I would wear Maliwan or Tediore every day and just tell people I am a huge nerd.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Neo Helbeast posted:

Gear Chat: I'm now pretty sure the Deliverance is mandatory gear for a Krieg specced for Bloodsplosion. It won't clear rooms but it'll soften up a lot dudes pretty hard.

Slow Hand shotgun synergies pretty well with bloodsplosion too. A Flame of the Firehawk shield and a slag Slow Hand destroys everything not armored and you get healed.

edit: How the hell do you deal with Constructors 3.0 in uvhm with Krieg? I tried a melee oriented kreig and couldn't get into it so decided with bloodlust+hellborn, but my corrosive Tattler just can't deal with them. :(

burntpork fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jun 13, 2013

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

If I'm solo, I just run past them whenever possible. Badass Constructor is badass and not worth the time/effort. The one in Thousand Cuts on the way to Bunker is the only one I can think of that you have to kill, in which case it's basically the last serious mob before you get to the vending machines in the next zone so I'll dump all my ammo into it and try to chain rampages and hope my shield stays down for the novas then haul rear end for zone.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So, I want my psycho to get to level 61, but my easiest build to pull off is a hellborn tree, but I hate the thought of the "wall of robots" the game hits you with resisting all my fire damage. So I've just been resetting my UVHM playthrough after the game stops throwing bandits at you and it seems to work pretty well for me. I keep getting higher and higher level versions of flame of the firehawk as I get closer to 61 and it does most of my damage anyway.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I don't think you even have to restart the playthrough, just keep murdering in zones with people in them. quest xp is kinda poo poo anyway.

that said, even when the robots are resisting fire damage, they're still taking a bunch. I wouldn't get too discouraged by fire resists unless you're up against a bunch of rabid mobs.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

delpheye posted:

I don't think you even have to restart the playthrough, just keep murdering in zones with people in them. quest xp is kinda poo poo anyway.

that said, even when the robots are resisting fire damage, they're still taking a bunch. I wouldn't get too discouraged by fire resists unless you're up against a bunch of rabid mobs.

The quest xp is nice to me, though. Plus if I just reset after getting the FotFH I can have a new one every couple of levels. One nice thing I've noticed, though, is that in the standard leveling up through UVHM Krieg is a shitload more capable than the Mechromancer.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Speedboat Jones posted:

So, I want my psycho to get to level 61, but my easiest build to pull off is a hellborn tree, but I hate the thought of the "wall of robots" the game hits you with resisting all my fire damage. So I've just been resetting my UVHM playthrough after the game stops throwing bandits at you and it seems to work pretty well for me. I keep getting higher and higher level versions of flame of the firehawk as I get closer to 61 and it does most of my damage anyway.

In my experience the fire damage output with the Hellborn tree is so absurd that you can pretty well tear through robots anyway.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Speedboat Jones posted:

The quest xp is nice to me, though. Plus if I just reset after getting the FotFH I can have a new one every couple of levels. One nice thing I've noticed, though, is that in the standard leveling up through UVHM Krieg is a shitload more capable than the Mechromancer.

Yeah, Krieg is pretty good at murder. When you get to 61, we can compare Firehawks. I'm pretty sure I have close to the best one possible in terms of nova damage. The delay isn't very high but it still goes off for well after I've cleared an area.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

delpheye posted:

Yeah, Krieg is pretty good at murder.

For some reason this put me into stitches.

Borderlands 2 - Yeah, Krieg is pretty good at murder.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

:frogsiren: 3 Golden Keys!!! :frogsiren:

PC:
CBWBT-5KKKK-BZRBJ-TJ3TT-3FC9X

PS3:
5JCTT-RW3K3-FR5WB-ZTKJB-ZRWXS

XBOX360:
KTW33-FTZWH-K5H3F-5XB3T-BZKWH

Posted on Jun12 for E3; expiration unknown

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

So if I use a golden key now with my lovely first playthrough character, I'll be able to open the chest again when a new key comes out, right?

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

greazeball posted:

So if I use a golden key now with my lovely first playthrough character, I'll be able to open the chest again when a new key comes out, right?

yes or you can get unlimited keys as long as you have at least one golden key. Just make a new character, start up a game and invite the character you want to open the golden chest with into the game. Magically you get 10 free keys.

UVHM is driving me crazy for my Mechro. I can't figure out a good build for survival and damage output.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

lazerwolf posted:

yes or you can get unlimited keys as long as you have at least one golden key. Just make a new character, start up a game and invite the character you want to open the golden chest with into the game. Magically you get 10 free keys.

UVHM is driving me crazy for my Mechro. I can't figure out a good build for survival and damage output.
Mechro really sucks on UVHM. Her only way to slag is inconsistent so you have to rely on guns/grenades, the best Deathtrap really does is distract people and she has pretty limited weapon buffs.

I haven't played Gaige since I beat UVHM, and even then Mechwarrior just boosted me from Angel to the end with Norfleets.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That is incredibly sad news for me, since Gaige is pretty much my favorite character. I'm so used to relying on Blood-Soaked Shields as a survival tool that it took me a long time to work up the nerve to play a different character.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Kifisonfire posted:

Mechro really sucks on UVHM. Her only way to slag is inconsistent so you have to rely on guns/grenades, the best Deathtrap really does is distract people and she has pretty limited weapon buffs.

I haven't played Gaige since I beat UVHM, and even then Mechwarrior just boosted me from Angel to the end with Norfleets.

I had a somewhat easy time with Gaige in UVHM. Deathtrap's distracting ways help occupy mobs while you slag them with a Slagga or something and then use your choice of murdering tools.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

lazerwolf posted:

I had no idea about this and will be exploiting it rather exponentially tonight.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
So I've been playing with some new people whom I think are friends of other goons. Broke out my Psycho because at lvl 35 it was the closest character to their level. I promptly showed these new players why you should not play Krieg. I even managed to get him up to 42 and have access to some more suitable gear.

Went melee build with a 42 love thumper into Wildlife Exploitation Preserve....and proceeded to get motion sick. I literally had to turn off my xbox and lie down rather than face another rapid skag or stalker. At one point I just tried to not look at my screen and just melee towards the red dots on the map.

Tried Krieg again today in WEP. Made it to Bloodwing...even with full shields he one shot dove me in fire form. No skags yet so I respawned. Bloodwing proceeded to wedge himself into the elevator area and attack me at the spawn location. Never seen this happen before.

So if you're new to borderlands and want someone to play with I will gladly to start any new character other than Krieg to play with you. Also if you are coming back to BL2 for UVHM I still have a couple lvl 50 characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Most of the problem with characters like Krieg and Zero is that their action skills are melee-based in a game that has enemies that literally never touch the ground. There are even bosses that are never not flying at high speeds! Krieg solves some of this problem with being able to hurl his buzz axe but part of the reason I haven't played much Zero is because his action skill is a lot more situational than the other characters'.

• Locked thread