Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Sex Vicar posted:

Some crap driving but here's some 1080P 60FPS Cam footage from the show floor

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_e3_forza_5_in_1080p_resolution-14253_en.html

:stare::fh:

I'm starting to wonder if you will be able to trade in your mortal soul for this console.
Well, it looks fantastic but the in car view looks near unusable with all the reflections, and they haven't got the steering wheel animated beyond 270 degrees or so still.

e: How far do you have to be from the Kinect sensor to make it work? This could cause issues with the fact that I have a dedicated racing wheel setup about 3 feet from the TV (although the TV is on a telescopic wall mount with 1 and a half feet from the wall) and behind the racing seat is my bed.

I hope stuff like Kinect headtracking for Forza is selectable. I used it at a friend's house and it felt very unnatural.

Falken fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jun 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Perhaps the rotation of the ingame wheel mirrors what you have plugged in?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You can get rid of the reflections with the polarized sunglasses DLC.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Sex Vicar posted:

Some crap driving but here's some 1080P 60FPS Cam footage from the show floor

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_e3_forza_5_in_1080p_resolution-14253_en.html

:stare::fh:

I'm starting to wonder if you will be able to trade in your mortal soul for this console.

That's incredible. The old microsoft wheel is pretty much guaranteed not to work with this, right?

Maybe they'll port this to PS4. :v:

:sigh:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You know what, gently caress it. I'm going to eat the 600 bucks and get an xbone anyway. Someone will play Forza with me. I'll jack off into the kinect every day so Bill Gates himself can watch it.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Residency Evil posted:

The old microsoft wheel is pretty much guaranteed not to work with this, right?

Definitely not going to work. The new one does not have the proprietary wireless controller interface the old one had, supposedly it's now using WiFi Direct, so nothing exclusively wireless will work. Wired gamepads could technically work since nothing significant changed on the input side, only a new shape and some extra FFB on the triggers, but I doubt they'll be supported.

The only Xbox 360 input device where there's any real chance of support is the Fanatec wheels, probably only the CSRs. Those use the proprietary wireless for 360 connections currently, but they have USB for PC and PS2/3 so if MS was to allow it a firmware update could probably add support. Thomas from Fanatec seems to think its at least possible, so we'll see.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

In any case, I do have a preorder on the Xbone as well as PS4. I'll be able to afford both so why the gently caress not.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Falken posted:

In any case, I do have a preorder on the Xbone as well as PS4. I'll be able to afford both so why the gently caress not.

You filthy bourgeois pig. I'll probably only be able to buy one system and it might end up being a PS3. (or the "Bone-ified" 360 just because I'm noticing how tired mine has been running as of late).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That's a genius move by Microsoft. I can't wait for the christmas morning tweets by shitbags complaining that their lovely parents bought the wrong loving xbox because they are loving retard assholes and life isn't fair. Jimmy wanted a new xbox and this one cost 400 dollars less and it has a higher number so that seems like a pretty good deal.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Falken posted:

Because you'll be part of the problem? The only power we have to vote with in this place anymore is with our wallets, why support businesses that actively hate you and assume you're stupid?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
When you have disposable income, you'll quickly realize how much you don't care.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Employment is a hell of a drug.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Moving this weekend and ill be without Internet, so luckily I have a 360 which works offline. Phew!

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

When you have disposable income, you'll quickly realize how much you don't care.

Pretty much this. Mine is preordered. PS3 not preordered because no games I want. But I'm also a sucker for Forza.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I hope you guys enjoy your Xbone when it launches and nobody can play anything for two weeks because of the servers going down due to load, SimCity-style :unsmigghh:

I also can't wait for Anonymous to hack the servers and bring them down. You KNOW it'll happen.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I pre-ordered today as well, also for Forza. Turn 10 has basically saved the Xbone, if such a thing is possible.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Don't forget that according to Xbox Support that if you somehow get banned on your Xbone, you lose all licenses to the games you own:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Ringo Star Get posted:

Don't forget that according to Xbox Support that if you somehow get banned on your Xbone, you lose all licenses to the games you own:

Well, gently caress, I think the magic is completely gone now considering how easy it is to get banned on XBL. Not that I've ever been banned before but that's kinda bullshit IMO.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Ringo Star Get posted:

I feel like an abuse victim every time I read something like this and still want to preorder it.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...
Crazy poo poo went down last night. Superannuation, a pretty well known leaker who has a really good rep posted a leaked manual about XBone that can be found in a paste bin here

The most important one for us, wired 3rd party controllers will possibly work on XBone. So your Fanatec could be on the table for Forza 5.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Because you'll be part of the problem? The only power we have to vote with in this place anymore is with our wallets, why support businesses that actively hate you and assume you're stupid?
I'm a consumer whore and I just don't care.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Falken posted:

I'm a consumer whore and I just don't care.

Prince Ali, Fabulous He,
Consumer-a-whore-a.
Intrusive Kinect, whats to expect?
Always-on to see
Now, shell out 499 for a bomb
When you're banned ask for mom
Then come over to PS4 for fuuuun

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Well, gently caress, I think the magic is completely gone now considering how easy it is to get banned on XBL. Not that I've ever been banned before but that's kinda bullshit IMO.

How easy is it really? Would racing in a public lobby with dilz on my car get me banned from xbl or just forza? Or would I need to be involved with modding the console?

I mean that's loving bullshit losing paid for games if banned from the service, but if banning only happens from modding I wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Also in general, what's stopping us from just unplugging the Kinect or just the whole console from the mains when it's not in use? Makes it a lot less intrusive if you're worried about that sort of thing

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jun 15, 2013

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

GutBomb posted:

How easy is it really? Would racing in a public lobby with dilz on my car get me banned from xbl or just forza? Or would I need to be involved with modding the console?

I mean that's loving bullshit losing paid for games if banned from the service, but if banning only happens from modding I wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Also in general, what's stopping us from just unplugging the Kinect or just the whole console from the mains when it's not in use? Makes it a lot less intrusive if you're worried about that sort of thing

I'm assuming that it'll be one of those pop ups that come up when your controller dies: "Please plug the Kinect back in, or else."

Honestly can't wait for when Kinect 2.0 breaks and then the console won't function unless you buy a new one, but then, surprise! There's none in stock!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ringo Star Get posted:

It's like this for Xbox 360 too, any digital games are gone forever if your account is banned. This scares me, because if there is one thing Microsoft is consistent with, it's banning people and they do it often. Now granted the chances of it happening to any of us are next to zero, but still, what Microsoft will ban you for is pretty strict.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Ringo Star Get posted:

That tweet was in reference to Xbox 360.

https://twitter.com/xboxsupport1/status/345775684045660160

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

Ringo Star Get posted:

I'll be good, I promise :allears:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Xbox One Manual posted:

Q: Can you replace the hard drive on Xbox One?
A: Xbox One includes a built in 500GB hard drive and unlimited storage in the cloud, or you can also add storage as you need it using a USB 3 attached external drive.

bahahahaha. Completely avoids the question.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Surely they wouldn't be that stupid. I could understand requiring a certain model of hard drive again, but they would have to let you replace it if it goes out.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Cojawfee posted:

Surely they wouldn't be that stupid. I could understand requiring a certain model of hard drive again, but they would have to let you replace it if it goes out.

I'm pretty sure it's been stated that it's internal, not sure if it will be easy to replace. MS did at least did confirm that you can hook up any external USB HDD. So you can just get a 2TB jump drive and call it a day in terms of having storage space.

I get the feeling though that MS's policy on the Xbone will be one of 'if anything goes wrong you must send it in to be repaired.'

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

And will still be the same for Xbone, however if your account gets banned its just banned from going online.
As long as the Xbone is not always on then you will still be able to at least play your games.

Oh, just realized what I said there.

(To be fair to Microsoft we dont really know how the offline part will work, do you have to be connected to Live or just online checking in)

Bigsteve fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jun 15, 2013

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Cubivore was upside down on the otherside of the track when this happened (sorry about the poo poo quality)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwWip4EziXM

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

MalleusDei posted:

Managed a 3:06.843 in a 360CS on Camino and a 1:42.999 in a Citroen C1 on Alps Club. I'll get screenshots up tomorrow.

Edit: [AUGR] Eperitus

Retuned my C1 and managed a 1:42.379. Not the dramatic improvement I was hoping for, but the car feels better.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Round Two!!!

The Events June 15 - June 29 @ 10pm Eastern US Time

:siren: Also Mazda Miata MX-5 Gen 1 :siren:

Here are the final standings for the first round:
code:
Alps

[AUGR] XPrettyPandaX   1:35.535  smart fortwo
[AUGR] whatcubed3      1:36.643  smart fortwo
[SAEG] Dr Edmund Honda 1:37.904  smart fortwo
[AUGR] aardmania       1:39.007  Ford Pinto
[SAEG] Pissboy Spastic 1:39.881  Ford Pinto
[GTCC] FauxPas104      1:40.453  VW Rabbit GTi
[AUGR] Cubivore        1:40.604  Peugeot 107
[AUGR] w0lrah          1:40.753  Chevy Spark
[LLJK] rgoer           1:41.282  Ford Ka
[AUGR] DeltaVictor12   1:41.369  Ford Ka
[CWSO] IridiumRE       1:41.774  VW Rabbit GTi
[AUGR] Ether Frenzy    1:41.827  MG MGB
[AUGR] speedt3k        1:42.286  VW Rabbit GTi
[GTCC] AndrewCoja      1:42.469  Ford Pinto
[PA]   Basticular      1:42.962  VW Rabbit GTi
[AUGR] Eperitus        1:42.999  Citroen C1
[GTCC] Swedespeed      1:43.xxx  Ford Ka
[SAEG] AzMiLion        1:44.863  Kia cee'd

Camino

[AUGR] XPrettyPandaX   2:47.090  Alfa 33 Stradale
[SAEG] Lord M84        2:47.249  Alfa 33 Stradale
[LLJK] rgoer           2:48.773  Alfa 33 Stradale
[AUGR] Ether Frenzy    2:51.954  Ferrari 360CS
[AUGR] whatcubed3      2:53.320  Ferrari F355C
[PA]   Basticular      2:55.173  Maserati Quattro
[AUGR] Cubivore        2:56.022  Ferrari 360CS
[AUGR] speedt3k        3:00.082  Countach LP5000
[AUGR] aardmania       3:00.088  Countach LP5000
[AUGR] w0lrah          3:02.057  Lancia 037
[SAEG] Pissboy Spastic 3:05.809  Pantera
[AUGR] Eperitus        3:06.843  Ferrari 360CS
[GTCC] Swedespeed      3:09.162  Pantera
[CWSO] IridiumRE       3:09.736  Ferrari F430
[GTCC] FauxPas104      2:52.122* DeTomaso Pantera
I think these are correct. I should only use one computer for this, not two!

Anyone have any suggestions on how to score this? I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with the people who only did one of the tracks and not both. Also a way to tally up points per club?

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 22, 2013

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I had a much faster time with the Maserati :colbert:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I tried my hand at the triumph. 51.125

http://www.imgur.com/QM3tQZG.jpeg

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Hey, I was on that list at some point..

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Hey! I posted my times, check your leaderboards!

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006
A long time since I've played this (Stupid timezone + new job prevents catching club races) so I thought I'd get in early with a time to see how bad I've gotten.

rige1seven - Infineon - 01:18.667

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable
Maple Valley:

And Infineon Nascar

And down to a 1.16.642

Spamtheman fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 16, 2013

• Locked thread