Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Parallax Scroll posted:

Speaking of ChrisG.

This is peak... something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lavareef
Feb 5, 2009

I'm in a TINY bit of trouble
Dreamhack has started now, currently AE is playing on both streams.

Main stream ArmsHouse: http://www.twitch.tv/armshouse#3634

Swedish Stream Fighting For Sweden: http://www.twitch.tv/fightingforsweden

Players there include include Infiltration, Ryan Hart, F-Word, Ixion, Emersion.

So far two Vegas are out of pools :D

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

You have impressed FFCiv with your turn time!
They turn a blind eye to the turn times of other civilizations, and your Influence over them has increased by 40.

Parallax Scroll posted:

Speaking of ChrisG.

he put in all that work but that really doesn't look like ChrisG one bit

Fiskiggy fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jun 15, 2013

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Holy poo poo I don't care about sf4 at all anymore but seeing a fellow swedish dude beat infiltration like that still felt amazing. Even though it was cammy...

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Holy poo poo I don't care about sf4 at all anymore but seeing a fellow swedish dude beat infiltration like that still felt amazing. Even though it was cammy...

Me too... So proud. :sweden:

Lavareef
Feb 5, 2009

I'm proud and I'm just a fellow European. Although since there wasn't any Japanese or American players there I'm sure the fact that he beat THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD will go largely overlooked.

And here's a bit of salt from FilipinoChamp's twitter:

"Yup once again another Cammy player that u never heard before won a Major lol he beat infiltration Twice..."

Then funnily,a bit after that, Dieminion tweets:

"BTW @RnxPopi is not a random player. He is one of the best European Cammy's . Those that travel to Europe knows this ."

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Just looked at the Eventhubs logs. I think it's interesting that Infiltration went with Ryu for a few different matchups. The only times I remember him using Ryu before this were to fight Ricky's Rufus.

that Vai sound
Mar 6, 2011

iPodschun posted:

Just looked at the Eventhubs logs. I think it's interesting that Infiltration went with Ryu for a few different matchups. The only times I remember him using Ryu before this were to fight Ricky's Rufus.
Maybe hiding tech against Akuma's hardest match-ups until Evo?

Lavareef
Feb 5, 2009

that Vai sound posted:

Well the 1st place prize at Dreamhack was 25000 SEK, which is apparently $3885. If he's hiding tech for EVO, he's giving up a lot of money in the process.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

that Vai sound posted:

Infiltration will go to Ryu or his other secondaries (famously Hakan) for bad matchups, I severely doubt there's really any long term meta-strategy involved.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Yeah, I don't think it's about saving for Evo. I just think it's interesting that according to the logs, Infiltration went to Ryu for F-Word's Ibuki, Ryan Hart's Yun/Cammy, and Popi's Cammy in grand finals. Considering that Infiltration used to only go to Ryu for one player matchup, I think it's something noteworthy when he starts saying "Akuma isn't good enough for these matchups anymore."

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Is there video of him vs. that Cammy yet?

that Vai sound
Mar 6, 2011

Lavareef posted:

Well the 1st place prize at Dreamhack was 25000 SEK, which is apparently $3885. If he's hiding tech for EVO, he's giving up a lot of money in the process.
And second place was a set of steak knives almost $2,000 USD, losing him $2K. 1st place for Evo SSFIV was $25K last year.

I haven't actually watched Infiltration in awhile, so I don't know how he's looking against new challengers. I'm just thinking out loud. My other guess is that he's warming up his Ryu for future difficult matches.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It could also be that he just lost. ChrisG lost a couple tournaments recently and cleaned up 4 more after that.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

that Vai sound posted:

And second place was a set of steak knives almost $2,000 USD, losing him $2K. 1st place for Evo SSFIV was $25K last year.

I haven't actually watched Infiltration in awhile, so I don't know how he's looking against new challengers. I'm just thinking out loud. My other guess is that he's warming up his Ryu for future difficult matches.

$25K sounds high for Evo. I thought it was closer to about $10K.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

$25K was the total prize pool for SF4, i.e. top 8, not 1st place.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
The $25k you're thinking of might be from the Capcom tournament, Infiltration took home both AE and SFxT. So that's a total of $50k and a car I think?

that Vai sound
Mar 6, 2011

Parallax Scroll posted:

$25K sounds high for Evo. I thought it was closer to about $10K.
Yeah, you're right. I was misreading my info.

Lavareef
Feb 5, 2009

WorstGiefEver has uploaded the Grand Finals for those who missed it:

Popi vs Infiltration Dreamhack Grand Finals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD2I9dkphLY

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Lavareef posted:

WorstGiefEver has uploaded the Grand Finals for those who missed it:

Popi vs Infiltration Dreamhack Grand Finals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD2I9dkphLY

awesome, thank you! i'm pumped as all hell for Evo this year for some reason

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Not to take anything away from Popi, but there seemed to be an unusual amount of major errors in that set for a SF4 GF...

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Super Rad posted:

Not to take anything away from Popi, but there seemed to be an unusual amount of major errors in that set for a SF4 GF...

That was Infiltration without notes.

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
Did P4A get streamed from GUTS?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Mad Fnorder posted:

Did P4A get streamed from GUTS?

I haven't seen any P4A.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
Didn't watch their first match but I assume Infil switched chars in GF because someone finally proved they could catch his teleports? I hope Ryu isn't his final answer for Cammy because GF was convincing enough. His Ryu is naturally a little rough around the edges but that wasn't the problem.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Is Ryu a better matchup against Cammy at all? I mean, I don't see it.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Dias posted:

It could be a playstyle thing; wanting to hedge his bets and play more fundamentals based instead of trying to out-vortex a vortex character. I have no idea how those matchups are supposed to fall, though.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

The first match after the reset, popi beat him with a walk up throw and then oki throw. Next round infiltration went on a throwing spree. It was if he was forsaking his game plan to get revenge for the silly 2nd round. But then after that infiltration never won another match.

It was like infiltration dropped his game plan to do something out of character, and then never hot his groove back.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Haha, watching the end of the GUTS Injustice qualifier. Arturo and a guy whose name I missed start playing after button check. The other guy loses pretty handily, then says his buttons screwed up. He fixes it and Art agrees to start over. Next game Art's buttons are messed up. He fixes it and they restart. Next game the other guy's buttons are messed up again. Seems like that version (either patch or ps3 or both) has a bug about saving button setups to the Custom profiles and swapping back at character select. The other guy just throws in the towel and Art takes it.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

graynull posted:

Haha, watching the end of the GUTS Injustice qualifier. Arturo and a guy whose name I missed start playing after button check. The other guy loses pretty handily, then says his buttons screwed up. He fixes it and Art agrees to start over. Next game Art's buttons are messed up. He fixes it and they restart. Next game the other guy's buttons are messed up again. Seems like that version (either patch or ps3 or both) has a bug about saving button setups to the Custom profiles and swapping back at character select. The other guy just throws in the towel and Art takes it.

He was playing against MH Unknown, just for clarification.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

itskage posted:

The first match after the reset, popi beat him with a walk up throw and then oki throw. Next round infiltration went on a throwing spree. It was if he was forsaking his game plan to get revenge for the silly 2nd round. But then after that infiltration never won another match.

That's not silly, that's Rose Mixup 101.

...wait, I think we've found another counter for Infiltration then.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Dias posted:

Both of them lose to Super Jump On Head Fighter 4 and the easy backthrow unblockable but Ryu is significantly better at controlling the space directly above and in front of him and has 150 more health to give away. Cammy is also really good at low profiling out of the vortex so Akuma's life pretty much sucks!

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Mio Bison posted:

has 150 more health to give away

I think this is it, with Cammy's unblockable/vortex setups, being able to survive one more mixup is actually a very big deal.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Popi is on Live on Three talking about Dreamhack. He says he got to play sets with Infiltration on the Friday before the tournament, and that Infiltration beat him soundly with Ryu.

https://www.twitch.tv/onemoregametv

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Noel Brown and Marn are doing a FT20 in Marvel, apparently for who gets to run Justin Wong's house while he's gone. So far the score's 4-1 in Marn's favor.

http://www.twitch.tv/eg_jwong

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Noel Brown and Marn are doing a FT20 in Marvel, apparently for who gets to run Justin Wong's house while he's gone. So far the score's 4-1 in Marn's favor.

http://www.twitch.tv/eg_jwong

Wong has his own house?

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
House, apartment, I don't know. All I know is that right now it seems like Marn's going to get to kick Noel out of the house or whatever stupid poo poo will happen.

It's pretty hilarious how Marn has the lead when he can't finish a lightning loop.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Tae posted:

Wong has his own house?

Floe is rich as hell and probably pays most of it. Before they moved in together, Justin lived w/James Chen who has a nice job and really nice house and Floe lived alone in a pretty drat nice studio apartment.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Yeah I feel like Justin doesn't have to pay much rent because he's never home anyways. Always on that long and lonely road, the road of a World Warrior :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Runback going on right now on LevelUpLive, when they archive and put the vids up look for LG IGT vs. Senor Taxi, a pretty entertaining match. First legit Ghost Rider play I've seen.