Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Gaige's problems are 2 of her end tier skills; Make it Sparkle and With Claws. MiS is great if you want a really strong deathtrap that uses a roid shield (if you spec'd all the way to Sharing is Caring), but that locks out Gaige from Ordered Chaos/Anarchy. With Claws is horrible since it requires you to be in melee range and takes stacks of anarchy away even if you don't hit an enemy. Any moxxi weapon can heal better.

The only skill tree worth maxing out is Best Friends Forever and using the remaining points in both Ordered Chaos and Little Big Trouble.

edit: This is the build I use along with a Punk class mod: http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#550044101051541003100000410153101000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

lazerwolf posted:

yes or you can get unlimited keys as long as you have at least one golden key. Just make a new character, start up a game and invite the character you want to open the golden chest with into the game. Magically you get 10 free keys.

UVHM is driving me crazy for my Mechro. I can't figure out a good build for survival and damage output.

This is awesome! Thanks!

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Most of the problem with characters like Krieg and Zero is that their action skills are melee-based in a game that has enemies that literally never touch the ground. There are even bosses that are never not flying at high speeds! Krieg solves some of this problem with being able to hurl his buzz axe but part of the reason I haven't played much Zero is because his action skill is a lot more situational than the other characters'.

You know Decepti0n gives you a gun damage multiplier too, right?

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

lazerwolf posted:

yes or you can get unlimited keys as long as you have at least one golden key. Just make a new character, start up a game and invite the character you want to open the golden chest with into the game. Magically you get 10 free keys.

UVHM is driving me crazy for my Mechro. I can't figure out a good build for survival and damage output.

this only works on ps3, I believe.

The only character I'm not able to be effective with in UVHM is zero, but I think that comes down to the fact that I don't really like the character despite him being 61.

With Gaige, Sharing is caring and make it sparkle are pretty effective for me. With Krieg, I just shoot at whatever I need to. It's not like Maya's skill helps with bosses, flying or otherwise. I regularly play with every class in the game and they're all effective. I don't know what y'alls problem is.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

CJacobs posted:

Most of the problem with characters like Krieg and Zero is that their action skills are melee-based in a game that has enemies that literally never touch the ground. There are even bosses that are never not flying at high speeds! Krieg solves some of this problem with being able to hurl his buzz axe but part of the reason I haven't played much Zero is because his action skill is a lot more situational than the other characters'.

Zer0's execute skill pulls you towards enemies if you stab towards them in decepti0n, no matter the range, and it doesn't end decepti0n unless you get close enough to hit. The kicker is it pulls you straight towards the enemy, even if they're airborne! This means you can stab yourself flying through the air and airstab enemies.

Piston's Blimp oneshot airstab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeAD90yOvE0

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Greenplastic posted:

Zer0's execute skill pulls you towards enemies if you stab towards them in decepti0n, no matter the range, and it doesn't end decepti0n unless you get close enough to hit. The kicker is it pulls you straight towards the enemy, even if they're airborne! This means you can stab yourself flying through the air and airstab enemies.

Piston's Blimp oneshot airstab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeAD90yOvE0
This isn't a Zer0 only skill. You can melee anything that is above you with any character, regardless of how high up it is. Bloodwing is ridiculously easy with Krieg once you realize this.

Off topic, does anyone have a fire sand hawk? I'm willing to trade some poo poo (Got a fire PBFG and binary Thunderball Fists today)

mirthalac
Jan 5, 2002
milk is liquid meat

Neo Helbeast posted:

Gear Chat: I'm now pretty sure the Deliverance is mandatory gear for a Krieg specced for Bloodsplosion. It won't clear rooms but it'll soften up a lot dudes pretty hard.

Q: Does your Krieg demand a slag Deliverance?

I am looking for some assistance smashing through the last 25 or so levels with Krieg. If someone is up for grinding the brawl tomorrow, I can make it a point to be available.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Finally a 61 psycho. :woop: I guess now it's onto either my gunzerker or my siren.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I'll be grinding the bar brawl for a few hrs. Jump in if ya nasty.

Disposable Face
Jan 2, 2012
Can you farm quest rewards with a single controller?

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Disposable Face posted:

Can you farm quest rewards with a single controller?

You can complete the quest and when the reward screen pops up if its not the gun you want don't accept it and dashboard out. Then just repeat until
you get the gun you want.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
I've been playing offline for a while because I need to clean out my overstocked bank before I update the game, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the current bank capacity with all upgrades?

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

33, but if you update it isn't going to delete anything, you just won't be able to put anything new in until you get below whatever your capacity is at.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm really not liking light the fuse, even at level 61 with strip the flesh maxed out. It works great if there's trash mobs around, but anything of a normal badass or higher I'm screwed. I'd rather just keep 5/5 in strip the flesh and use an explosive rocket launcher.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

loving BNK3R... I've fought him about 50 times with my Siren and it took that long to farm a single Bitch. First time meeting him with Krieg in UVHM and he drops a Sham. Unbelievable.

Is there a decent build for The Sham for him? I feel like that could be pretty helpful with a Bloodlust/Hellborn build.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Kifisonfire posted:

loving BNK3R... I've fought him about 50 times with my Siren and it took that long to farm a single Bitch. First time meeting him with Krieg in UVHM and he drops a Sham. Unbelievable.

Is there a decent build for The Sham for him? I feel like that could be pretty helpful with a Bloodlust/Hellborn build.

As far as I know, there's a generic sham build that relies on a Logan's Gun to regen rockets, and whatever else skill wise to boost gun damage. I've run a Sham build on gunzerker, siren, and commando with varying degrees of success(gunzerker becomes a rocket firing machine. siren becomes a glass cannon. commando is fairly effective with a combo of explosive relic, lots of torgue guns, and an e-tech relic I can't think of atm) but I'm not sure it'll do anything game changing for Krieg.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What's the upper limit on a love thumper at 61? I picked one up today and I think it was about 75000 roid damage. Either way, I'm not entirely sure I'm sold on mania melee krieg without a rough rider. I tried it out for a little while but then went back to hellborn.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Speedboat Jones posted:

What's the upper limit on a love thumper at 61? I picked one up today and I think it was about 75000 roid damage. Either way, I'm not entirely sure I'm sold on mania melee krieg without a rough rider. I tried it out for a little while but then went back to hellborn.

Love Thumper's tap out at 150K roid damage. With Salt the wound at 20 stacks my krieg does 11 killion damage on crit melee.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
I finally got around to watching some Dragon Keep gameplay and other than Tiny Tina talking it looks sweet as hell. Can't wait to murder some Birchmen and open some d20 chests. Also I really hope that whoever designed the inevitable Dragon Keep raid boss is the same person that designed Pyro Pete and not somebody who decided on the dogshit mechanics for every other raid boss.

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 16, 2013

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

I am Reverend posted:

Also I really hope that whoever designed the inevitable Dragon Keep raid boss is the same person that designed Pyro Pete and not somebody who decided on the dogshit mechanics for every other raid boss.

It's not the same person. Apparently, the other DLCs were outsourced, but Dragon's Keep is all Gearbox. And the raid boss is a whole bunch of dragons.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Beating a dead horse, but I don't get the Tiny Tina hate. She's not even that big of a character that warrants the outrage. I'm looking forward to how the new dlc makes her... likable?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

burntpork posted:

Beating a dead horse, but I don't get the Tiny Tina hate. She's not even that big of a character that warrants the outrage. I'm looking forward to how the new dlc makes her... likable?

She doesn't warrant outrage but she is really really annoying. Like yeah the first time she's funny, the second time she's okay, but by the third playthrough she starts to grate on the nerves. Then we get to the 14th playthrough and you just want to murder her. She's like the twelve year olds who watch mtv and spout internet memes because they think it's cool.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Fibby Boy posted:

She doesn't warrant outrage but she is really really annoying. Like yeah the first time she's funny, the second time she's okay, but by the third playthrough she starts to grate on the nerves. Then we get to the 14th playthrough and you just want to murder her. She's like the twelve year olds who watch mtv and spout internet memes because they think it's cool.

By the 4th play through I hate everything that doesn't progress the main quests.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Tiny Tina isn't even funny in the first playthrough, though. It's like Gearbox went out of their way to make her so annoying that Claptrap looks better by comparison. I like the idea of using Dungeons and Dragons to help her cope with Roland's death, but that seems... kinda heavy for a game about killing bandits and robots and giant bats that make Birdemic noises.

Speedboat Jones posted:

Every character in the game is annoying after the first time come on back come on back come on back.

Scooter is now and will always be the greatest video game character of all time.

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jun 16, 2013

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fibby Boy posted:

Every character in the game is annoying after the first time come on back come on back come on back.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Speedboat Jones posted:

I still find plenty of characters hilarious after as many playthroughs I've done. Likewise I have a list of characters I despise with a passion now.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Brick is still the worst for even suggesting to the player to go to Sawtooth Cauldron :argh:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ah, Brick. :allears: Slab slabbin' the slab slabbity slab slab, slab!

edit: the worst thing I've ever felt inclined to spoiler tag. Who knows, someone may be playing through for the first time thanks to the new DLCs. Or something.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

delpheye posted:

As far as I know, there's a generic sham build that relies on a Logan's Gun to regen rockets, and whatever else skill wise to boost gun damage. I've run a Sham build on gunzerker, siren, and commando with varying degrees of success(gunzerker becomes a rocket firing machine. siren becomes a glass cannon. commando is fairly effective with a combo of explosive relic, lots of torgue guns, and an e-tech relic I can't think of atm) but I'm not sure it'll do anything game changing for Krieg.

Eh I'll stick to Mania then. Maybe I'll get round to beating it tonight, I'm finding it hard to care about the Sawtooth.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Is there anybody you hated at first, and then had them grow on you?

I actually found Mr. Torgue to be an obnoxious piece of poo poo the first time I went through the DLC, but I later found myself appreciating him more after my second+ runs through the campaign.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

novaSphere posted:

Is there anybody you hated at first, and then had them grow on you?

I actually found Mr. Torgue to be an obnoxious piece of poo poo the first time I went through the DLC, but I later found myself appreciating him more after my second+ runs through the campaign.

Blasphemy! Mr. Torgue is always the best every playthrough! because... EXPLOSIONS!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Thanks to Mirthalac and his friend for not caring that I sat in with them during some power leveling, and thanks to Robertcop for the awesome array of goodies he left for us!

Also, does anyone have a 40-50 Flame of the Firehawk they'd be willing to dupe for me?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

lazerwolf posted:

Blasphemy! Mr. Torgue is always the best every playthrough! because... EXPLOSIONS!

I loved Torgue except for the end boss, but I with all the talk of explosions I was really disappointed they didn't work in at least one HUGE rear end EXPLOSION, like the whole stadium blowing up at the end or something. Kind of anticlimactic!

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 16, 2013

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

tina, moxxi, and scooter are the best. ellie's line at the beginning of the end is classic. brick and mordecai can both die in a fire.

sawtooth cauldron isn't bad when you realize there's only about a dozen mobs you have to kill. it's kind of like opportunity in that you can make your way through a bunch of it without aggroing much, if anything. even then if you focus on completing opjective instead of clearing areas it goes a lot faster.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

delpheye posted:

tina, moxxi, and scooter are the best. ellie's line at the beginning of the end is classic. brick and mordecai can both die in a fire.

This is pretty much where I'm at but I enjoy Tannis a lot and Roland goes on the annoying list. I think I'm supposed to like Roland/Lilith/Brick/Mordecai because of the first game that I skipped, but they all just seem annoying and awful. Lilith is the most bearable of the bunch.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
It honestly blows my mind that people like lilith and mordecai. After the second time both of them stole a kill I needed for a second wind I just ended up hating them.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Fibby Boy posted:

It honestly blows my mind that people like lilith and mordecai. After the second time both of them stole a kill I needed for a second wind I just ended up hating them.

Hey man, Lilith was my main for the entirety of Borderlands 1, the bandits of Pandora trembled in fear over her literal Fire God powers, seriously she was insane.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Fibby Boy posted:

I couldn't bring myself to hate Lilith because she my character the entire time I played through Borderlands, but Mordecai can go gently caress himself. My friend played him exclusively and Bloodwing absolutely refused to let me get second winds off of anyone.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

I am Reverend posted:

I couldn't bring myself to hate Lilith because she my character the entire time I played through Borderlands, but Mordecai can go gently caress himself. My friend played him exclusively and Bloodwing absolutely refused to let me get second winds off of anyone.

I didn't like either character in the first game so it was real real easy for me to dislike both of them in the second game. Brick, however, is the best. Dude is so drat happy that you're a slab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMammoth
Dec 3, 2002

After much encouragement from my coworkers and the E3 PS+ sale, I am downloading this on my niece's PS3 now. The game itself was $19, but I don't believe that it includes any of the DLCs.

What do posters here recommend I should do and/or which DLCs should I additionally purchase before trying to play co-op online? I was planning to play single-player for awhile just to level-up my character and familiarize myself with the basic mechanics. I know the OP said that it's also best to co-op with other players roughly around the same level as yourself, but is there a pre-requisite level which is recommended before jumping into co-op at all? Are some DLCs more important than others in terms of added backpack slots, weapons, or similar?

I've read this thread and Google'd for answers to my most basic questions, so I'm really just hoping for people's suggestions as to how someone totally new to the Borderlands series should proceed to join three relatively advanced players in co-op. If the answer is just go for it and see what happens, that's appreciated too. I haven't played a co-op game like this since literally Diablo II, and I just don't want to totally embarrass myself!

TheMammoth fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 16, 2013

• Locked thread