Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Miltank posted:

I always just saw that as her realizing that her and Brock were perfect for each other but preferring to mess with him instead.

Edit: maybe with some insecurities as well. I tend to just assume that every Venture Bros character is a half mile deep.

The problem is that there's a whole lot of unfortunate implications going on there. She's basically a man hating butch lesbian, right up until Brock shows up to cure her of her lesbianism.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jun 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

ChairMaster posted:

Yea each time a new Dean, for example, happened he would have the mind of the last time Dean was in the learning bed.

Which I guess is a problem now that the beds are destroyed - the boys are going to not have to die from now on if they're not going to go back to how there were back then.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there weren't any more clones? So this really is it for Hank and Dean, they either make it or they don't.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jerusalem posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there weren't any more clones? So this really is it for Hank and Dean, they either make it or they don't.

Pretty much. There aren't any more clones whatsoever. And all the cloning tubes were destroyed in Season 4 so yeah Rusty can't use those either.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Shindragon posted:

Pretty much. There aren't any more clones whatsoever. And all the cloning tubes were destroyed in Season 4 so yeah Rusty can't use those either.

Well, I think he could, but the problem is he can't "quick-grow" the clones. They have to come from zygotes to full bodies, which he can't do because he already spent decades growing the old bodies.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I know that Doc and Brock admitted that they've had to replace the boys 14 times. I think the montage doesn't show all of their deaths and a few episodes here and there reveal a couple of other deaths. I'm hoping that one set of clones just up and disappeared and lived a full life and run into the current Hank and Dean. I just want Hank to get it in his head that they're time-travelling from the future or something while Dean just accepts it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
My favorite moment. The whole sequence is great and the second best part of it is Dean with the scissors.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I like the bit where Brock and Rusty just casually crack up discussing bad hair choices forgetting they are telling a slightly confused and horrified Orpheus the boys have died multiple times.

And of course, the shot of said bad hair choices too.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

thrakkorzog posted:

The problem is that there's a whole lot of unfortunate implications going on there. She's basically a man hating butch lesbian, right up until Brock shows up to cure her of her lesbianism.

She says in the episode that she hasn't met one she likes yet, or met her standards. I think she had no idea how to flirt, and she's not Brock's type. I think that was her best attempt at being flirty, and it didn't help that he wasn't flirting back.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Morozko posted:

Ugh, as much as I love Dean's development, he's starting to get a tad insufferable in certain areas.
In last week's episode, he comes off as whiny and ridiculous when he refuses his breakfast on account of (suddenly) becoming a vegetarian, he is needlessly agressive when he refuses to go on an adventure with the others, but as soon as they're gone, he goes to HELPeR, they talk and he offers to bring his old nanny back to his old body.

Long story short, he gets insufferable whenever he interacts with his family, which is probably a conscious choice on his part, he pushes his attitude to eleven in their presence, perhaps hoping that someone will get a clue.

bobkatt013 posted:

It makes me wonder what the other Dean and Hanks were like. I am sure some lived for a while and developed their own personalities or are these ones different since they have lasted longer then all the others?
Thoses clones lasted longer but also went through a family-shattering event with the resignation of Brock.

IUG posted:

I think she had no idea how to flirt, and she's not Brock's type.
I definitely agree with the first part, and the second part is true until the moment they start fighting, then Brock looks like he's completely turned on. It's funny that for all the big and strong men in that series, the only ones that can fight him on somewhat equal ground are women.

X_Toad fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 15, 2013

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

MariusLecter posted:

My favorite moment. The whole sequence is great and the second best part of it is Dean with the scissors.

"We had a gas leak that time. The silent killer." will always remain one of the funniest lines of this show to me.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Miltank posted:

"How ya holding up there broken arrow?"
I've watched that episode with at least four different people, and I'm the only person who gets that line every time. For a dick joke it's pretty subtle, and one of my favorite lines that episode.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SRM posted:

I've watched that episode with at least four different people, and I'm the only person who gets that line every time. For a dick joke it's pretty subtle, and one of my favorite lines that episode.
You should see if the same people get The Alchemist's "I'm very excited about this plan" when he has the minigun strapped to his chest, since I thought those two were about equally obvious.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You should see if the same people get The Alchemist's "I'm very excited about this plan" when he has the minigun strapped to his chest, since I thought those two were about equally obvious.

Then this "this has never happened before! (paraphrased)" joke when it doesnt work.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sash! posted:

Then this "this has never happened before! (paraphrased)" joke when it doesnt work.
I admit, I got that one right away, but it took me a rewatch to get the "very excited" one.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

SRM posted:

Is there a double meaning in a reference to the old TV show or something?

I just assumed it was *just* a dick joke.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.
Well, now I know where the 'eat the pennies' joke came from.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/dog-saved-swallowing-111-pennies-article-1.1286895

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Your mother/father/guardian never saved you from inadvertently swallowing a coin or an alliance when you were little?

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.
1 yes but over 100?

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

I really think that Hank and Dean being super-competent is the best thing that could happen...I want a THE BAT shirt as well

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I laughed really hard at the Hankmobile. It took me a minute to realize he Macgyvered the jet pack and the huge lobster thing together. It was awesome.

My favorite Hank and Dean death is when they had to shrink themselves and go into Rusty to clear an embolism/blood clot/whatever and found skeletons in Hank and Dean clothing in a shrunken ship already in there. No explanation as to why or how they got there unnoticed, just Brock going "Oh, that's where the number 8s went..." (Something along those lines). Then how confused the boys were at finding skeletons wearing their clothing and coming up with ridiculous explanations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

JetsGuy posted:

Is there a double meaning in a reference to the old TV show or something?

I just assumed it was *just* a dick joke.

Same here. Is there any joke beyond 'Hank gets circumcised'?

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Same here. Is there any joke beyond 'Hank gets circumcised'?

I thought Hank was already circumcised though. Didn't Rusty chastise him for making fun of Dean's "dog wiener"?

...Did he get re-circumcised? :gonk:

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Vanrushal posted:

I thought Hank was already circumcised though. Didn't Rusty chastise him for making fun of Dean's "dog wiener"?

...Did he get re-circumcised? :gonk:
Rusty's comment was in season one, before we were introduced to the clones. So in season 3 he wasn't circumcised before that episode.

I personally believe that, whatever Hank's incarnation, he always ended up being circumcised while Dean remained au naturel.

SoFarGone
Nov 2, 2011
Living well is the best revenge.
So many favorite Venture moments but among them is General Treister's love of fruit punch.

WARNING: I am tuhrstay! And it is Fruuuuit Punch. And it is delicious.

I hope the aliens fix his ticker.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
If Billy was any kind of Quizboy he would have at least made sure all those pennies were pre-1982.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

KilGrey posted:

I laughed really hard at the Hankmobile. It took me a minute to realize he Macgyvered the jet pack and the huge lobster thing together. It was awesome.

I watched the episode again and when he starts to pass out he says something about having a huge crab dinner.

So is the Bat Hank's answer to Cornholio? Both require large amounts of caffeine.

Silver Gadget
Apr 17, 2006

Someone PM Aatrek or Deadpool and have'em sticky this thread.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Finished up Hank as the Bat. That was fun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's awesome, Shindragon, though I have to say probably my favorite aspect of Bat Hank was that for all his bad-rear end successes, he was still a young man with an upset stomach who had to rush into the bushes to crap every few minutes :laugh:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

That's awesome, Shindragon, though I have to say probably my favorite aspect of Bat Hank was that for all his bad-rear end successes, he was still a young man with an upset stomach who had to rush into the bushes to crap every few minutes :laugh:

*sniff* A boy with a tummy ache.

Was I the only one slightly horrified at the fact that Hank killed and ate a seemingly sentient creature?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Winklebottom posted:

Was I the only one slightly horrified at the fact that Hank killed and ate a seemingly sentient creature?

He stone-cold killed like three guys in the woods.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

Winklebottom posted:

Not after seeing that he turned it into his Bat/Lobster car. The Bat must do what he can to survive.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Cigar?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

No thank you.

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10

Cigar?

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN
Feb 25, 2007

fuck a car
i'll do a mothafuckin' walk-by

Still don't smoke!

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN posted:

Still don't smoke!

...Cigar?

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

JetsGuy posted:

You know I rewatched that episode where Henry von Killinger made Rusty a supervillain, and I actually think it would've been fun for at least a few episodes.

VENCHMANNNNNNN!

This is one of my favorite episodes, and every time its over I get sad we never got to see Rusty go through with it all. It would have been glorious.

All the music jokes and references are one of my favorite things about this show, even though like 75% of them go over my head until I wiki them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Yes, fine! Give me a loving cigar!

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

This is one of my favorite episodes, and every time its over I get sad we never got to see Rusty go through with it all. It would have been glorious.

All the music jokes and references are one of my favorite things about this show, even though like 75% of them go over my head until I wiki them.

The deathrock joke in The Better Man's the best one.