Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Tato posted:

I enjoy Lance Storm shows because his wrestling tastes are so weird. His points about "move marking" were pretty solid and his philosophy on putting a match together is sound...but then he'll tell you to go back and re-watch a RAW Divas battle royal and appreciate the work rate in it when it's loving terrible. I want to understand how you think Lance.
Move marking seems like a poor way to describe overrating near falls, but I guess he doesn't watch enough indy stuff to know about the ridiculous poo poo that never gets a pin attempt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I view it as Bryan is judging the match in a vacuum and Lance is judging the match as someone who has been a worker for WWE and can make a reasonable assumption regarding the level of micromanagement which the workers in that match are subjected to. Lance is also viewing it as someone who has contact with people actually in NXT and has been there himself to witness instruction first hand.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
The Dave Meltzer AOW was really good. How he got in to wrestling and the birth of the newsletter was very interesting. I hope he finds time to write an autobiography some day, but somehow I dont think he will, at least until he stops doing the Observer.

It was also nice to listen to something not-Bryan for a change, after his defense of his NXT critique with Lance made me want to kill myself.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Question for the Ten Count, it comes in multiple parts!

So assuming that that good ship TNA sinks later this year (assume back end of 2013/start of 2014), suddenly there are a bunch of wrestlers out of a job. Who do you think will go where, where would you like to see people go, who do you think WWE will pick up, and while I don't know too much about the Angle situation what do you think happens to Kurt Angle assuming he doesn't retire from wrestling afterwards? Does he attempt the indies? Japan? WWE offers him a boat load of cash to come back like Lesnar?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I love how Dave couldn't plug his twitter because he has no clue what his handle is.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I wonder if Colt votes for Sting in the Observer HOF.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I love how Dave couldn't plug his twitter because he has no clue what his handle is.

I felt really bad when he said how his family hates wrestling. It's like if Mr. Rogers family hated puppets and being neighborly. Well, if being neighborly were kind of a scummy thing to do.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the Art of Wrestling with Meltzer was really good. it was nice hearing Dave in a much more conversational setting.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Dave doesn't seem to like Dusty Rhodes all that much.

It was pretty cool of Colt to not just have Dave talk poo poo about promotions or whatever, he seemed keen to avoid talking shop and just wanted to hear Dave's story, which I'm guessing he doesn't get to tell all that much.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Latest Saturday Night Curtain Jerkers

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"and he totally sucked... just like the Junkyard Dog!"

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Apparently DAVE AND MIKE have posted a show later than usual. It's split into two parts and is apparently over three hours.

They're doing another one within a week; if you have a burning question you want answered, you probably want to get that in.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
A possible 10 Count Question: How would the Monday night wars have gone if Eric Bischoff was originally hired by WWF in the early 1990s?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
When's the next Tensport Punchcount come out? I'm ready for it, guys.

Edit: This can be a Ten Count question as well.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I laughed at Dave not really remembering what he talked about with Mike. I can't see those shows lasting too long in the current format without killing Dave.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
And I love that Dave's idea to get through a bunch of questions isn't to just sit down and do a dedicated Q&A show, but to preface it with over an hour of reviews and analysis.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

When's the next Tensport Punchcount come out? I'm ready for it, guys.

Edit: This can be a Ten Count question as well.

Unless something goes awry, tonight. (By which I mean "at like 4 AM Tuesday morning.")

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
Cabana's going over to Bryan and Dave for the trade, should be a good show.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Dave must have been tired, he actually answered a hypothetical question and in great detail. I thought he was going to Meltzer that guy's question about the most successful Wrestlemania but then he actually went into it. I really, really prefer Mike handling the Mailbag over Bryan.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

"I'm not a father. I should be saying happy Fathers Day to you."
"Oh ok. I am a father."

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I hope Dave and Bryan liked that Mark Henry segment as much as I did. I was up early and decided to stream RAW, that was a pretty good show I thought. I don't think I've watched a full show live since last year's 1000th episode, but I usually catch clips of stuff that's good online. Even the post wrestlemania RAW was something I watched after it aired.

Really enjoyed that Mark Henry angle, good stuff.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

Really enjoyed that Mark Henry angle, good stuff.

While you're waiting for Dave and Bryan, you can hear us goofs talk about it on this week's edition of the Ten Count!

Our topics (does anyone care that I put these in spoiler tags?): 1. WWE Payback reactions
2. Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler's double-turn
3. Mark Henry's retirement promo
4. CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar is officially a thing
5. What are some lower profile "what-ifs" that were derailed by injury?
6. What if Lita didn't break her neck?
7. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Sean Waltman
8. FEUD OF THE WEEK: John Cena vs. The Nexus
9. What is your favorite example of the Punchsport Pagoda hating a wrestler?
10. What gimmick match would you like to see return? (Don't say War Games.)

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I have an undying love of Finlay's theme, so I already like thie episode.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I was referring to Lita breaking her neck on that TV show, though I think I mistaken that situation for when she cheated on Edge, which I think in retrospect would have been a better hypothetical question.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Appreciated all the talk about penis on the latest edition of the Ten Count, among other topics. Good show, half way in.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Bret Hart's the guest on the latest Steve Austin Show.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

My favorite part of the punchcast was when you said my question on twitter was really good and then you promised to answer it on this week's show.

And then you didn't and deleted your reply to me hoping that I would forget. Boycott Punchsport Podcast.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The single name debate is objectively the worst thing ever to be committed to audio, but the rest of the podcast was pretty good.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

The new Austin podcast with Bret Hart is so :allears:

Awesome stories about Andre and Dynamite Kid.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Thank you, MRT, for bringing up the Lion's Den match, because a random thought about that match led to my question.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BlueArmyMan posted:

Thank you, MRT, for bringing up the Lion's Den match, because a random thought about that match led to my question.

I think about the Lion's Den far too often. I am sorry people didn't like the name debate, I thought it was kind of funny.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

MassRafTer posted:

I think about the Lion's Den far too often. I am sorry people didn't like the name debate, I thought it was kind of funny.

Punk/Brock seems like a good opportunity for a Lion's Den revival, IMO.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

BlueArmyMan posted:

Punk/Brock seems like a good opportunity for a Lion's Den revival, IMO.

It'd be sweet. Or at least just make it a submission match. Just so I can see Brock bust out the Brock Lock again.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

VogeGandire posted:

It'd be sweet. Or at least just make it a submission match. Just so I can see Brock bust out the Brock Lock again.

He's got the Kimura so I don't see why he'd need that move.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

KungFu Grip posted:

He's got the Kimura so I don't see why he'd need that move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOmAhgoX-Yc

As a friend of the Gracies, I'd expect Punk would learn this :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Is there anywhere to listen to all the Punchsport Podcasts together? I didn't realise they were still running after the original thread died.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Rarity posted:

Is there anywhere to listen to all the Punchsport Podcasts together? I didn't realise they were still running after the original thread died.

If you mean an archive, http://tindeck.com/users/The+Goog is how I usually do it. Probably something easier to use RSS style though.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Rarity posted:

iTunes, or any other kind of RSS reader

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Every episode since WrestleMania is available on our website and our iTunes feed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to try to make it three podcasts in a row with a question:

Give the company, the top star and the point in time at which the top star being injured for a year would have done the most damage to that company. For example, you could say HHH in 2005 would have left the WWE in the worst shape for the next year. (You'd probably be wrong, but still)

• Locked thread