Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

TTBF posted:

Best tough black guy voice.

There's more!

quote:

Barkins said he was concerned about the health of Mr. Horner after the robbers had left and everyone at the restaurant was waiting for police to arrive. “It seemed like Mr. Horner’s brain had temporarily snapped. I asked him if he was ok and he shouted, ‘Shut the f*ck up, fat man! This ain’t none of your go*drat business’. Then I apologized and told him that I think the cops are on their way to which he responded, ‘I don’t wanna hear about no motherf*ckin’ ifs. All I wanna hear from your rear end is, you ain’t got no problem, Paul. I’m on the motherf*cker. Go back in there, chill them n*ggas out and wait for the cavalry which should be coming directly’. Then he started asking me questions about our food menu. He asked me about our hamburgers and if I knew what they called a Quarter Pounder with cheese in France? It was really weird, but hey, he’s a hero I guess.”

“In every other parallel universe this man would be shot and killed but not here in Jonestown,” Officer Miller from the Jonestown Police Department said. “It’s fortunate that this small town has a person like Mr. Horner living in it. If he hadn’t have had so much free time on his hands he never would have been able to quote so many lines from Pulp Fiction. Down time is the real hero here today.”
The robbers are described as a white male and female aged 35-45. Any information please contact the Jonestown Police Department at (785) 273-0325. As always, you can remain anonymous.

e: and yes it's a comedy site: http://superofficialnews.com/local-man-stops-robbery-by-quoting-pulp-fiction/, unless "Fappy The Anti-Masturbation Dolphin Arrested For Public Masturbation" is a real headline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

moerketid posted:

I know (or rather, have on Facebook - we've spoken all of once) an obsessed Peter Pan fan. Terrifying is not the word. She has one of those unlimited Disney Park passes for the park in Florida and for a while at least she was going every single day in life and following around the "Peters" and had this mad obsessive crush on one etc. She took him giftart and poo poo. I still have a hard time believing there are other Peter Pan fans as crazy as her, so somewhere in my mind I sorta imagine all those Tumblrs and image macros to be made by her.

As hard as it is to believe there's a growing cult of crazy Peter Pan fans on imgur (and I assume tumblr). The other day someone posted a gallery on imgur of gifs and photos of one of the actors at Disney that plays Peter Pan (is there only one Peter Pan at any given Disney park?). All the photos were captioned with stuff about how amazing and awesome this guy is because he totally embodies the character he plays and he totally is Peter, don't you see? It's kind of weird and creepy how these cults of personality spring up around people who are just doing their job (I've seen similar posts about how awesome the girl who plays Tinkerbell is only, y'know, wayyyyyyy creepier and more focused on how sexy she is with lots of people in the comments posting that gif of Tinkerbell getting spanked from the Peter Pan movie).

It must be really hard for the actors at Disney parks to do their jobs when, not only do they have the day-to-day stresses of amusing families and groups of tourists but they now have these maladjusted shut-ins trying to engage them because they can't seperate the fiction of the character from the reality that it is a person doing a job and creating an experience and an illusion for the visitors at the park.

edit - found some imgur links

http://imgur.com/gallery/Kk2Sa - this is the gallery I saw the other day

http://imgur.com/gallery/vhqGm

http://imgur.com/gallery/4grBx

http://imgur.com/gallery/KezumjW - tinkerbell photos (trigger warning: creepy, gross nerds talking about sex)

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

uptown
May 16, 2009
I think I heard my very first real life stdh last night! My roommate, her friend, myself, and my boyfriend were all hanging out. My roomie has told me a few times that she has a theory that this particular friend is a compulsive liar, but I've never heard him say anything too outlandish... until this story.

Her friend grew up in Tamil Nadu and told us a story about his elementary school experiences. Apparently, his grade 3 teacher was racist against him (he is Tamil so I don't know what the gently caress she would be being racist about) and tore up his homework multiple times. Then, he would get sent to the principal's office and get in trouble for not doing his homework. After a while, he gets pretty sick of this. They are lined up and she is taking attendance, and she would never call his name, instead, she would make him say it in order for her to notice him. He decided that he had enough of this crap from her, so as she walked by him, he kicked her in the shin. Then, as she bent over due to being kicked, he pushed her down the stairs and she broke her leg. He stood there laughing because it was so funny. When he was sent to the principal's office to get beaten as punishment, they first called his father, who was at the time, a bodybuilder. He came to the school, yelled at the principal, smashed his desk, and said "if you ever hurt my son, I will kill you." He got away scot-free and the teacher never came back.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I ran across a completely insane Peter Pan gif set on Tumblr yesterday. STDH.txt, Tumblr.gif, and incredible disquiet, all in one. This must be what it's like being in a Lynch film.

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

cptn_dr posted:

I ran across a completely insane Peter Pan gif set on Tumblr yesterday. STDH.txt, Tumblr.gif, and incredible disquiet, all in one. This must be what it's like being in a Lynch film.

You mean THIS ONE? :shepface: WELCOME TO THE PANDOM.

Peter. loving. Pan.

The last one is just insanely embellished, right? There's no way that event happened as described. Do the people who write these have no concept of professional boundaries? Like, at all??

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Double Plus Good posted:

You mean THIS ONE? :shepface: WELCOME TO THE PANDOM.

Peter. loving. Pan.

The last one is just insanely embellished, right? There's no way that event happened as described. Do the people who write these have no concept of professional boundaries? Like, at all??

That poo poo is just really sad. I mean more tragically, legitimately sad, and less in the pathetic way. I mean, it obviously never happened, but what's worse, it seems to have been written by someone who has never been to a Disneyland, or seen any of this stuff in real life. Actors literally hopping and cavorting about, putting on giant acts, showering them with attention and acting just like the character! :shepface: This is the fantasy of a very depressed person, who's strongest personal attachment is to a cartoon child, and who's strongest desire is to meet this figure 'in real life' and get a bit of magic in their undoubtedly bleak and depressing life. I can believe this person is severely debilitated, and confined to a wheel-chair, and who knows what else. This Peter Pan thing, though, is what she lays awake at night dreaming about, about somebody who'll be dedicated to her, who'll hop around and sing songs to her, and go out of his way to ensure that every moment she has with him is full of joy and happiness, who's only motivation is to ensure that she feels loved and protected, because real people and real life don't hold anything like that for her.

Or she's just some attention addict trolling for tumblr points or some poo poo. Where did 'Stinky Pirates' come from anyway, was that even a thing in the movie?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

This stories are such bullshit that Im tempted to reach out to a couple of old friends who work At That Place in Anaheim just to find out how bullshit and against regulations they are. But, eh.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

What world do these people think they live in where some guy will just start mocking a kid at Disney and the parents either don't do anything or aren't around? Why would anyone start making fun of a disabled person who is just sitting there in a wheelchair?

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:
What person that is confined to a wheelchair doesn't know something as simple as how to unlock it so it can be pushed?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Politicalrancor posted:

This stories are such bullshit that Im tempted to reach out to a couple of old friends who work At That Place in Anaheim just to find out how bullshit and against regulations they are. But, eh.

Personally, I would love to hear from people that have worked at Disney about how true / untrue this Peter Pan stuff is. I'd also love to know how much impact these rabid fans have on the parks. Do they ever actually get up from their computers and go to the parks? Do they actually try and engage Peter Pan in a conversation about self-harm?

I do wonder how long it's going to go on and how much the fandom is going to build before the inevitable backlash from other parts of tumblr / imgur. I remember there was photos going around the internet of Disney actors dressed in Toy Story costumes with a caption about how if people walked up to them and said 'Andy is coming' then they were obliged to fall down and play dead like in the movies. When this picture first started being posted people latched onto it and said how cool and wonderful and amazing this was and how they were going to go to Disney right now and try it out. Then, a couple of months later, an amended version started being posted about how the playing dead thing wasn't true and the Disney parks were being overrun with people harassing the Toy Story actors and how it was an OH&S issue and a personal safety risk for the actors to lie down in the costumes so people should stop believing the original image and stop going to Disney and trying to get the Toy Story actors to play dead. This of course was reblogged and upvoted a million times with legions of people chiming in to wag their fingers and bemoan the danger and stress being inflicted on the poor Disney actors who were just trying to do their jobs and didn't deserve all these people yelling at them and trying to get them to do something based on an erroneous image macro they'd seen online.

Now, of course, the same people are doing the same thing to the Peter Pan actors and the cycle repeats :bang:

DrHerpington
Dec 20, 2012

;-*

cyberia posted:

Personally, I would love to hear from people that have worked at Disney about how true / untrue this Peter Pan stuff is. I'd also love to know how much impact these rabid fans have on the parks. Do they ever actually get up from their computers and go to the parks? Do they actually try and engage Peter Pan in a conversation about self-harm?

I do wonder how long it's going to go on and how much the fandom is going to build before the inevitable backlash from other parts of tumblr / imgur. I remember there was photos going around the internet of Disney actors dressed in Toy Story costumes with a caption about how if people walked up to them and said 'Andy is coming' then they were obliged to fall down and play dead like in the movies. When this picture first started being posted people latched onto it and said how cool and wonderful and amazing this was and how they were going to go to Disney right now and try it out. Then, a couple of months later, an amended version started being posted about how the playing dead thing wasn't true and the Disney parks were being overrun with people harassing the Toy Story actors and how it was an OH&S issue and a personal safety risk for the actors to lie down in the costumes so people should stop believing the original image and stop going to Disney and trying to get the Toy Story actors to play dead. This of course was reblogged and upvoted a million times with legions of people chiming in to wag their fingers and bemoan the danger and stress being inflicted on the poor Disney actors who were just trying to do their jobs and didn't deserve all these people yelling at them and trying to get them to do something based on an erroneous image macro they'd seen online.

Now, of course, the same people are doing the same thing to the Peter Pan actors and the cycle repeats :bang:

There's a girl at my college that claims this happens IRL, but there's no pics of her at any Disney parks on FB, even though she says that every vacation, she spends her entire time at Disney Land/World. She wears children's shirts (XL) even though she's a grown adult. They're all stained and the decals and the front are coming off. She spends a lot of time on Tumblr imagining herself as being a hyperfeminine cutie with a badass boyfriend who will tell people off. It's really sad.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

cyberia posted:

I'm gonna go cut myself so Peter Pan will feel sorry for me! :downs:

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I wonder what the Disney A/T thread has to say about this...

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

cyberia posted:

I do wonder how long it's going to go on and how much the fandom is going to build before the inevitable backlash from other parts of tumblr / imgur.

Well, the Pan Fans tumblr where many of those stories originated has been closed, as of yesterday, so apparently the backlsh happened pretty quickly.

The source of gems like:

quote:

Anonymous asked:
When I was 9 I went to Disney world, my dad got angry at me and yelled at me so I ran off with my mom chasing after me. I ran into someone, that someone was Peter Pan. He helped me up an started talking to me, he asked me why I was sad and when I told him and he said, "Your king may be mean but someday you'll have the crown. If you ever get too sad remember second star to the right, okay?" I still sob thinking about that.

EDIT:

okay, are Disney Peter Pans trained in counselling on self-harm or something? Why are there so many of these?

quote:

Anonymous asked:
I went to Disney World about a year ago. I was 15 and wearing a tiara. I was also wearing a dress. I met Peter and he held up my arm to look at it. He asked me what the marks (my self harm scars) were, and then noticed I had more on my legs. He looked at my tiara and asked if I was a princess. I told him I wasn't a princess. Peter looked disappointed before saying "There's a story behind those marks. I thought you were a princess because every princess has a story. To me you are a princess."

Double Plus Good has a new favorite as of 02:43 on Jun 17, 2013

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
So all this Peter Pan talk reminded me of this guy. I guess he's still around even if his website is the same as it was in the mid 90s.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
"Peter looked at the scars in my arms and said 'yo, poo poo's whack, girl.' I'll never forget..."

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I somehow don't believe that a random minimum wage theme park employee gives a poo poo about some random chick who cuts herself and instead awkwardly avoids staring at them.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

big mean giraffe posted:

Yeah I somehow don't believe that a random minimum wage theme park employee gives a poo poo about some random chick who cuts herself and instead awkwardly avoids staring at them.
The face characters would make a lot more than minimum wage, but they certainly wouldn't do stupid poo poo like carry somebody's wheelchair with a disabled person in it and open the park up to some serious liability.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

What world do these people think they live in where some guy will just start mocking a kid at Disney and the parents either don't do anything or aren't around? Why would anyone start making fun of a disabled person who is just sitting there in a wheelchair?

I know if I'm ever out in public and I happen across a stranded wheelchair-bound person who I think is mentally ill I make sure to mock them as I pass. Who doesn't?

These STDH stories are really sad in the same way the runes girl story is sad. These people want someone to be an advocate for them, stick up for them, or at the very least notice them. Pretty sad man.

But then I think about that troper breaking most (not all) of his pencils when he gets upset and I start laughing again.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
And what kind of caretaker or aide, who I'm assuming is working a paid job, would just willingly take off when dismissed like that? If that were allowed, isn't that pretty much a lawsuit waiting to happen?

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010
Maybe it's just me, but I've never heard the term "Self-harm scars" outside of this context, which leads me to believe that all of these fallacies just originate from the mind of one sad and lonely girl that cuts herself. This just makes me depressed
:smith:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I wanna see this explode, spread it to other Disney characters but just get totally off the wall with it. Pocahontas gets pissed at white kids being brats so she yells at them for taking her land, Beast tries to abduct pretty girls, Hook just straight chases a kid around the park with a real sword.

I'm just saying, if you're going to lie in the dumbest way possible, why not go full on?

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

I was trying to look up the hours for my Walmart in Houston, Texas (yeah, I know)

quote:

Reviews by Google users

ed liu - a year ago
Score: Poor to fair
NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED: This
location is awful, does not even deserve
1 star. Please go to any other walmart on
highway 6 besides this one. I was texting
my mom to ask her if she needed
anything. Then a sale associate came
towards me accusing me of taking
photos of the store???? Why would I
need to do that it makes no sense at all.
Anyway I told her im texting my mom
whats the big deal? She said "oh ok" and
walked off. 5mins later I am being
followed by 1 associate and 1 manager. I
am reading a label of an item (cell phone
in pocket). The manager comes to me
stating once again "you cannot take
photos in store". I told her, "Whats your
problem following me around and my
cell phone is in my pocket. She states, " I
am just reminding you". Seriously is this
HIGHSCHOOL or a walmart? No cell
phones allowed at this walmart buyers
beware.....

angelfisher
Aug 15, 2011

kinmik posted:

Tumblr is absolutely insufferable sometimes.

Isn't it, though?

EDIT:
Had to post this. Tumblr getting called out for their stupid poo poo.

angelfisher has a new favorite as of 07:11 on Jun 17, 2013

Christopher Robin
Apr 28, 2013

Boneitis posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I've never heard the term "Self-harm scars" outside of this context, which leads me to believe that all of these fallacies just originate from the mind of one sad and lonely girl that cuts herself. This just makes me depressed
:smith:

Unfortunately Tumblr has taught a lot of people the self harm is something you can get a lot of positive attention for without actually trying to get better. They've become like battle scars for being a delicate and troubled little girl or boy. It's like tumblr street cred.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

This is staggering. I feel like this takes a fundamental misunderstanding of so many things

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Vicas posted:

This is staggering. I feel like this takes a fundamental misunderstanding of so many things

People are basically like Futurama's Kif, supported by a system of fluid-filled bladders.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Here's some STDH.txt from yet another Monsanto-hate thread on fark.com.

quote:

I know some people act like anybody who opposes GMO's or supports organic food is some tinfoil-hat wearing weirdo, or that there is no proof that GMOs can be harmful, or that it's all a big dihydrogen monoxide-type scare. . .

Let me share with you my little CSB about why I don't trust GMO's anymore and why my household has gone organic in its food.

My wife used to have one food allergy, just one. She was allergic to nuts, most severely to almonds, but mildly allergic to most kinds of nuts (except peanuts, for some reason, probably because they are technically legumes and not nuts).

Well, two years ago, my wife suddenly went into anaphylactic shock. We rushed her to the hospital, and the ER docs confirmed she had a major allergic reaction. We had no idea to what.

A followup appointment at an allergist showed that she was now severely allergic to corn and soy, and also allergic to a lesser extent to oats, as well as her previously documented nut allergies.

Well, in case you didn't know, eating around a severe corn allergy SUCKS. That means that anything with HFCS is right out (it's not indistinguishable from sugar, her body can sure as heck tell the difference), and between that and corn syrup, corn starch, "modified food starch" (made from corn starch), corn meal, and such that means pretty much all processed food is right out. Also, corn-fed livestock retain enough corn proteins in the flesh to set off her allergies (to a lesser extent), so we have to buy grass fed beef (and basically skip all pork and chicken, since it's next to impossible to find non-corn-fed pork and chicken).

Since HFCS isn't allowed in organic foods, to avoid that in products we started to have to buy organic foods. Then we accidentally bought some organic foods which contained her allergens in them. Oddly enough, she can eat organic oats with no problems, and has a much, much lesser reaction to organic soy and a weaker reaction to organic corn.

There's some difference there, that her body can tell. She eats a kernel of regular corn, she'll have to dive for the epi-pen in a couple of minutes. She puts regular soy sauce on sushi, her tongue breaks out and swells up on contact. If we use organic soy sauce (without GMOs), she can have it with pretty much no problem. She can still eat organic oats without an issue.

We were at a loss for figuring out why this was so, until we found this study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8594427

Apparently Monsanto introduced genes from Brazil nuts into their GMO soybeans, and it's been confirmed that people with nut allergies will be allergic to GMO soy, which in case you didn't know is about 80% of the soybeans harvested in the US. It hasn't been revealed yet, but we strongly suspect from what I've seen that the GMO corn Monsanto produces has some nut-related gene in it, or something that triggers on a nut allergy.

As for the oats, there is no approved GMO oats out there, but as the wheat incident has shown, it's possible that an old project could have slipped into the seed stock, creating a trace contamination, or there could be cross-contamination from some other GMO crop being processed at the same plant.

A study caught the Brazil nut gene, and that strain was shelved. Also, there's no allergens left behind in processed HFCS.

My bet is that the guy hates Monsanto, and is totally full of poo poo.

Monsanto is evil. That's the only true part here.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

angelfisher posted:

Isn't it, though?

Urgh I hate the ones like this because right up until "all these asian people" it was quite a funny and cute story about a child who misunderstands culture but no this isn't good enough for Tumblr so all the Asian people were SHOCKED I tell you SHOCKED that this white boy could eat his ice cream with chopsticks and then had to give him a rousing applause as they carried him out on their shoulders and named him king of the Asians.

gently caress off.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Edit: I tried to google him to see if any of this was true but I only found a poo poo ton of fan pages dedicated to him.

NoUU has a new favorite as of 14:42 on Jun 17, 2013

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

NoUU posted:

Edit: I tried to google him to see if any of this was true but I only found a poo poo ton of fan pages dedicated to him.

Semi-true, at least the part where he's married. He has a personal twitter account someone found, and his followers have gone up to something like 20,000 in a week. Poor guy :(

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Oh reddit! :allears:

Top voted comment in some dumb askreddit about citizens arrests:

quote:

[–]Brastard 1323 points 8 hours ago
In 1955, my uncle was a law student at Perdue. Walking home from his job as bartender one night, he several drunks drag a lady kicking and screaming into an alley. He followed them and saw them trying to rape her as she fought back. Not knowing what else to do, he marched into the alley, past the drunks, and placed the woman under citizen's arrest for "failure to yield". He then pulled her from the incredulous drunks and marched her out of the alley and to the local police station. He told the drunks to wait there as they were material witnesses to the woman's "crime", and that cops would be coming to take their statements. They did. They were arrested and prosecuted. My uncle finished law school and went on to become a Federal Judge.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Willfrey posted:

Oh reddit! :allears:

Top voted comment in some dumb askreddit about citizens arrests:

I believe his uncle told him that story. We all have that uncle that tells us outrageous lies when we are children and then only when we think back about them as adults we realize he was full of poo poo. Apparently, this guy hasn't matured to that age yet.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

hyperhazard posted:

Semi-true, at least the part where he's married. He has a personal twitter account someone found, and his followers have gone up to something like 20,000 in a week. Poor guy :(

I believe that's a different Peter Pan from the one this chick was obsessing over. I checked her Facebook photos (where she has her stalkershots) and they don't look the same. :P It's a bit awful to look through them actually and see hundreds of photos over months, including so many photos of them together where he looks increasingly strained. Why would you do this to someone?

As an aside she works at Disney for about a year now, in the same park. I believe she awkwardly declared her love to him after months of following him around, got a knockback and from what I can ascertain, he wouldn't even give her a Facebook/Twitter to befriend him. :smith:

When looking I've seen people ask her if a couple of the image macro things are true but she doesn't answer. I do recall her making at least one similar claim though around the time she was obsessed and taking him fanart (furry fanart). I'd look back but she seriously posts dozens of times a week, I can't make myself go through it all.

moerketid has a new favorite as of 16:09 on Jun 17, 2013

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

York_M_Chan posted:

I believe his uncle told him that story. We all have that uncle that tells us outrageous lies when we are children and then only when we think back about them as adults we realize he was full of poo poo. Apparently, this guy hasn't matured to that age yet.

I think reddit is ok for some of its subreddits (I regularly visit r/piano or r/space) but man the 'default' enabled reddits are so bad. some 18-year old posts a dumb story, and all the young'ns are too naive to call bullshit.

Also once summer vacation hits for the kids reddit really becomes unbearable.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

EvilHawk posted:

Urgh I hate the ones like this because right up until "all these asian people" it was quite a funny and cute story about a child who misunderstands culture but no this isn't good enough for Tumblr so all the Asian people were SHOCKED I tell you SHOCKED that this white boy could eat his ice cream with chopsticks and then had to give him a rousing applause as they carried him out on their shoulders and named him king of the Asians.

gently caress off.

Also, I don't know of an Asian culture that doesn't use spoons.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Well, sometimes life itself writes stories that read like something right out or NAR. A couple of days ago, a student living in the German city of Siegen found her car (on the left) like this, immediately posting it on the university's facebook group:

(She's saying that the owner of the middle car should gently caress off immediately because she's in a hurry and can't get into her car)

The other group members didn't react in the way she had anticipated, however: first they were admiring the superhuman driving skills of the VW guy he obviously had to have in order to manoeuvre his car into that place. Secondly they began taking the piss out of her because her own car itself was parked across two parking places. And thirdly they told her to just enter the car from the co-driver's seat which she refused to do because apparently this would damage it somehow (??). Soon she got trolled mercilessly, and, seeing as the whole thing was going down live, more and more people decided to visit the car park themselves, watching her rant at the police and making fun of her. And when the owner of the VW finally arrived, the scene looked like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOsLeaubgo8

You can read the whole story here, if you can read German.

Poor guy probably didn't know what the gently caress :v:

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

I only have one question: how on earth did the VW driver get out of his car after parking like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Serene Dragon posted:

I only have one question: how on earth did the VW driver get out of his car after parking like that?

If you were pretty limber you could climb over the seats and come out through the boot. There's no sunroof on the video so I assume that's what they had to do.

• Locked thread