Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Naturally Selected posted:

Isn't that pretty much the whole plot of the game?
Yeah now that I think about it I guess that's pretty close, except also sometimes he shoots you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Are we still doing thread title suggestions?

Watch Dogs: Don't break up with Aiden Pearce

or

Watch Dogs: The Phone is Mightier

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

HaitianDivorce posted:

:allears: So what do you think he replaced it with? Nine Inch Nails? Limp Bizkit? I gotta know.

Ghost in the Shell soundtrack

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Saint Freak posted:

Ghost in the Shell soundtrack

I hope it lets you use custom soundtracks for this. Chicago will know the glory of Herb Alpert, all the time, everywhere.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
The question is how many minutes it will take between the game being released and a video going up on YouTube of Aiden Pierce rickrolling Chicago.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Invade someone's game, change all their in game music to the Trololol song. Laugh.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I just realized what an amazing marketing for Watch Dogs PRISM was inadvertedly. I'm dumb.

quote:

The question is how many minutes it will take between the game being released and a video going up on YouTube of Aiden Pierce rickrolling Chicago.

Not soon enough.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 17, 2013

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Can you imagine how much it would loving suck to go through a bad breakup with Aiden Pierce? He'd hack your Facebook, post nude pics of you on public billboards, call the cops on you for fake stuff, cancel all your credit cards, get drunk one night and broadcast a tear-filled rant about your time together over a shopping mall's PA system...

So he's a Redditor?

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.
I am going to throw down my money so hard on this game if it at least has a mod to make Aiden's character model pudgy (or outright obese if clipping issues could be avoided), spotty and unshaven while wearing an undersized fedora along with his douchey trenchcoat. Double points if it also pitches down his voice, Doughnut Drake style.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Moartoast posted:

I am going to throw down my money so hard on this game if it at least has a mod to make Aiden's character model pudgy (or outright obese if clipping issues could be avoided), spotty and unshaven while wearing an undersized fedora along with his douchey trenchcoat. Double points if it also pitches down his voice, Doughnut Drake style.
With online multiplayer and Uplay that might be a bit of an issue. They don't like people modding the game like that. Still I don't see why you couldn't do it in singleplayer if a few checks were broken.

e: Thinking a bit more it'd be hilarious how the cloth physics & pocket animations handle that.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Well I think it's valid suggestion since every game should have a doughnut mode.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

randombattle posted:

Well I think it's valid suggestion since every game should have a doughnut mode.

Whoa, BIG!

I'd rather go the other way. I'd make Aiden skinny and fey-ish looking, and try to deemphasize gunplay as much as possible. Maybe give all the bad guys those gun-ID ring things so I can jam them with a touch of the smartphone.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

zylche posted:

13/05/28 - Watch_Dogs - 61 Highlights From 30 Minutes Of Gameplay [Lots of small details noted here]

This one is hilarious, it's literally just a line by line description of the gameplay demo that every other media outlet saw.

Except it's filled with totally unbiased lines like:

quote:

55. Police are everywhere, converging on the gun shop. Aiden grabs a car and starts racing through the streets. It’s dusk now, and it’s staring to rain. The mist from the road and in the air realistically reflects and diffuses the car’s bright headlights in such astounding detail that we can’t help but marvel at the power of next-gen gaming.

:downsgun:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

zylche posted:

With online multiplayer and Uplay that might be a bit of an issue. They don't like people modding the game like that. Still I don't see why you couldn't do it in singleplayer if a few checks were broken.

e: Thinking a bit more it'd be hilarious how the cloth physics & pocket animations handle that.

It's not unprecedented to have this built-in; I think there's a fat mode in the Uncharted games.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

haveblue posted:

It's not unprecedented to have this built-in; I think there's a fat mode in the Uncharted games.

Hence my reference to Doughnut Drake, the best unlockable ever conceived by any developer in the history of video games.

That was Naughty Dog, though. I don't think Ubisoft have included many fun unlockable character models anything like that in their past games and I can't see them doing it here. I still hold some fool's hope for being able to waddle around Chicago as Aiden the Neckbeard, though.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Moartoast posted:

I don't think Ubisoft have included many fun unlockable character models anything like that in their past games and I can't see them doing it here.

Wasn't there a Raiden costume in Brotherhood?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah, Brotherhood has a Raiden outfit as a cross-companies high five to MGS4's Altair outfit.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > watch_dogs: I put on my dust trench coat and bandit-mask. I use an app to increase my erection.

Actually, we could fill this with Blood_ninja quotes.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Watch Dogs: But Chicago doesn't even have that much violent crime

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Watch Dogs: Yes, we are interested in Setec Astronomy. (True)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Watch Dogs: More thread titles than game discussion

CJacobs posted:

Yeah, Brotherhood has a Raiden outfit as a cross-companies high five to MGS4's Altair outfit.

You can also play through Prince of Persia 2008 as Altair and Jade (from Beyond Good and Evil).

Captain Swing
Dec 30, 2006

You should have a little more faith in your captain.

DeepQantas posted:

Setec Astronomy?

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

DeepQantas posted:

Watch Dogs: Actually just Cooteys Rat Semen

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I was looking up differences on the PS3 vs PS4 version, and I found this. People are arguing over if it's a PS4 version or not, but the 2012 E3 trailer does look better. What's up with that? I hope it wasn't just a tech demo, and that the PS4 version does look like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTaEXOrSjaM

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Watch Dogs: Hack the Planet?

Anyway. This game has potential. I don't think I've seen a game where you could truly interface with an abnormal number of things like this one does, and I also approve of any game that makes faceless people (including enemies) a little less faceless.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Watch Dogs: Kitten cam is dead.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

NTT posted:

Watch Dogs: Kitten cam is dead.

I like this.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Ak Gara posted:

I was looking up differences on the PS3 vs PS4 version, and I found this. People are arguing over if it's a PS4 version or not, but the 2012 E3 trailer does look better. What's up with that? I hope it wasn't just a tech demo, and that the PS4 version does look like that.
If you can find an E3 game announcement trailer for a game that actually looks like how the game ends up looking then you win some sort of prize.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

TychoCelchuuu posted:

If you can find an E3 game announcement trailer for a game that actually looks like how the game ends up looking then you win some sort of prize.

I guess I'll be buying the game a second time then, first for PS4 then again for PC for mods, texture packs, and some sweet rear end sweetFX shader mods.

Hmm, with GT6 and GTA5 coming out for the PS3 only, if I get Watch Dogs for the PS3 that'll give the PS3 some more life.

I could always buy the game 3 times :downs:

[edit] then a 4th time in a steam sale.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Fallon's gonna be showing this on Late Night right now if anyone's interested. If the preview isn't poo poo (unlikely) I'll edit in a link later.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

404GoonNotFound posted:

Fallon's gonna be showing this on Late Night right now if anyone's interested. If the preview isn't poo poo (unlikely) I'll edit in a link later.

The preview is poo poo (because Fallon takes over and completely ruins it) but at least it's some new footage that makes me drool some more for the game.

http://youtu.be/gRxkBVrJWuQ

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Some multiplayer footage, watch it before it gets taken down~

<Video ded>

Daztek fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 20, 2013

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Daztek posted:

Some multiplayer footage, watch it before it gets taken down~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgug49zfECs

Already gone

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Welp. I saved it so give me a bit to upload it somewhere.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
It's still up here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPUO9b3RofY

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Wow, that's some great music you've got there. :geno:

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000
This form of seamless MP is just genius and I can't wait to mess around with it. It just happens. There's no way to jump around on it, you appear as someone else in another player's world while you're still Aiden Pearce.

We're going to see a lot more of this on this generation, and it excites me. This game can't come soon enough.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Another video, the second half is the most interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRxkBVrJWuQ

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Huh, looks like pretty much the same footage shown in the Rev3 E3 preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk6UTbTn3EI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Daztek posted:

Another video, the second half is the most interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRxkBVrJWuQ

Jimmie Fallon is not a good driver. I'm trying my hardest not to pre-order but drat.

• Locked thread