Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Just to confirm, Indie Quintet is all Steam codes, right?

Edit: Got impatient. They are. Cool.

Little Inferno and Stealth Bastard don't explicitly mention that they're Steam activated.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Tarquinn posted:

So, if someone who isn't from the US, would give an US billing address to buy an Amazon Digital game, would that be illegal-ish, frowned upon or acceptable?

Option D - Done constantly without issue.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

bamhand posted:

Hey Tony, CS said they aren't able to exchange non Steam keys for Steam keys, you able to help me out? E-mail is zf7s@virginia.edu.

Your order has been refunded, you should now be able to replace your order for the Steam version. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Edit: Signature gone.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Thanks, Tony. You're the best!

Edit: How do I tell that it's gone through?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

John Murdoch posted:

Just to confirm, Indie Quintet is all Steam codes, right?

Edit: Got impatient. They are. Cool.

Little Inferno and Stealth Bastard don't explicitly mention that they're Steam activated.

They do say "DRM: Steam" at the very top, right under the title and publisher.

Age of the Atomic Mom
Oct 15, 2009

Tony you rock. Thank you. I can't wait to get the rest of the Ticket to Ride maps. My friends and I have been playing the base game for too long.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

AmazonTony posted:

Yep, this is going up today at 10% off.

This up now (link), but my Bioshock Infinite 2k promo credit doesn't seem to be applying.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

GrandpaPants posted:

This up now (link), but my Bioshock Infinite 2k promo credit doesn't seem to be applying.

The 2K credit doesn't work until 30 days post launch on new stuff

Also:

I'm crashing for the next few hours. I'll grab answers to everyone's questions when I pop back on later this evening. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by the delay!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Hey Tony, what's going on with the game The Maw? I heard a bunch of people got it for free or something, then I looked at the game's page and it's supposed to be free on the 25th?

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

Buying games from the indie store gives a free copy of the maw is what I hear.

SassyRobot
Jan 19, 2007

ANGRY WASHING duh-duh duh-duh duh-DUH!
The promos are being a little weird right now. One page lists the current batch as The MAW, Garshasp: The Monster Slayer, and The Curse of Nordic Cove. Instead it's sending out codes for The MAW, The Curse of Nordic Cove and Dynasty of Dusk.

I sent in an email about it due to wanting in on Monster Slayer-ing instead of a duplicate Dynasty. I wanted to play the adventures of Scowly McScowlyface :black101:, dangnabbit. Having a second Nordic Cove is superfluous as it is. Getting anything free is nice, though.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Are there going to be any new bundle deals coming through this indie pipeline anytime soon? Some of these games I'm interested in getting, but not a single bundle yet has been a "great steal" for me, since almost all of them I own already 4/5 of the games in them.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Im_Special posted:

Are there going to be any new bundle deals coming through this indie pipeline anytime soon? Some of these games I'm interested in getting, but not a single bundle yet has been a "great steal" for me, since almost all of them I own already 4/5 of the games in them.

Here's a full update on deals:

Check out the new Indie Bundles:

[url="https://"http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DBGNTTY?tag=somethingawfu-20"]Cag Bundle 1[/url]: $9.99 Contains:

Afterfall InSanity Extended Edition [Online Game Code]
Mars: War Logs [Online Game Code]
Strike Suit Zero [Download]
Ticket to Ride [Download]

Triple Town [Download]

Cag Bundle 2: $9.99 Contains:

Galaxy on Fire 2 HD [Download]
Triple Town [Download]

Cag Appreciation Bundle: $9.99 Contains:

Blockland
Symphony [Online Game Code]

Cag Bundle 3:

Triple Town [Download]
Blockland
Dead Pixel [Online Game Code]
Derrick the Deathfin [Download]
Tower Wars [Online Game Download]

Cag Bundle 4:

Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon [Download]
Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood [Online Game Code]
Primal Fears [Online Game Code]
Ticket to Ride [Download]
Tiny & Big in: Grandpa's Leftovers [Download]

Here's our DOTW for this week:

Square Enix Gamer's Bundle - $19.99 contains:

1. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition

2. Hitman Professional Edition

3. Just Cause 2

4. Just Cause 2 Black Market Aerial Pack DLC

5. Sleeping Dogs

Company of Heroes Complete - $7.49 (single steam key) + $5 Credit towards Company of Heroes 2 (Credit will start going out this evening).

AmazonTony fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 13, 2013

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

AmazonTony posted:

Cag Appreciation Bundle: $9.99 Contains:

Blockland
Symphony [Online Game Code]

Wow, Blockland still exists? I think I stopped playing about seven years ago when they released the paid version. I bet those people hate minecraft.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Throw some games with steam trading card support into a bundle together cause people are buying these titles just to they can idle on the menu screen and earn more sweet cards.

quote:

Thank you for your recent purchase from Amazon.com. Your purchase entitles you to a $5.00 credit good towards "Batman: Origins". To redeem your credit visit http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CXTUBH8 click "Buy and Download" and your credit will be automatically applied. Credit must be used by 6/12/2014.

Nice promo (my "recent purchase" was a copy of Lego Batman 2 back in September :ssh:).

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I just want to buy Ticket to Ride. Maybe more than once, for all my friends. Will it and it alone be on sale at some point?

Age of the Atomic Mom
Oct 15, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I just want to buy Ticket to Ride. Maybe more than once, for all my friends. Will it and it alone be on sale at some point?

Preferably with all the DLC :v: I'd buy four copies in an instant.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
We want a TtR 5-pack, Tony!

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Hey guys,

If you haven't seen these yet, they are really cool:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...rd_i=6923534011

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
How is strike suit zero? It looks pretty interesting. What kind of game is it?

In that same vein, what bundle should I pick up with ssz?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Lowness 72 posted:

How is strike suit zero? It looks pretty interesting. What kind of game is it?

In that same vein, what bundle should I pick up with ssz?

It's a space shooter, kinda like Freelancer but more arcady then simulator. It's fun and the starry background looks really nice, the voice acting is terrible though.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

AmazonTony posted:

Here's our DOTW for this week:

Square Enix Gamer's Bundle - $19.99 contains:

1. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition

2. Hitman Professional Edition

3. Just Cause 2

4. Just Cause 2 Black Market Aerial Pack DLC

5. Sleeping Dogs
]

:stare: holy poo poo that is a great deal

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Tony, got a question about that Batman Origins credit that's apparently a thing. It says it needs to be used by June 2014, does that mean if Origins goes on sale before then, it'll take $5 off the sale price?

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe
Tony, Cag bundles 1 and 2 are not available while 3 and 4 are. Second bundle is the one I want to get though.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Lady Morgaga posted:

Tony, Cag bundles 1 and 2 are not available while 3 and 4 are. Second bundle is the one I want to get though.

Yeah, did those first two sell out instantly or something?

Also, any news on whatever happened with Kingdoms of Amalur? Is that still in limbo trying to squeeze keys out of Rhode Island?

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
Hey Tony!

I don't know if this is your department or not, but I had a question about the "$10 dollar bonus credit on preorders when you trade in $10 worth of games" deal going on. The terms say the bonus credit will only apply to certain preorders, but I don't see them listed anywhere. Can I apply the bonus credit to a PS4 preorder?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Neraren posted:

Hey Tony!

I don't know if this is your department or not, but I had a question about the "$10 dollar bonus credit on preorders when you trade in $10 worth of games" deal going on. The terms say the bonus credit will only apply to certain preorders, but I don't see them listed anywhere. Can I apply the bonus credit to a PS4 preorder?

I think the preorders it applies to are those games directly beneath the search window.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Drifter posted:

I think the preorders it applies to are those games directly beneath the search window.

I see now. Having the list of games under the big "search for games that you own" threw me. Thank you.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Huh...the link to CAG Bundle 4 just leads to CAG Bundle 3.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

John Murdoch posted:

Huh...the link to CAG Bundle 4 just leads to CAG Bundle 3.

The CAG bundles are all kinds of messed up, most of them were out of stock instantly, it seemed. We can only hope Tony comes back around to magic them back into life one day.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Ok, so the $19.99 Deus Ex HR/Hitman/Sleeping Dogs/Just Cause 2 bundle. Good deal? I've done one playthrough of Deus Ex HR on my Xbox (stealthy/shooter run), and already own Just Cause 2 from a Steam sale (so I'd sell/trade that.) Worth it, or would I be better off waiting for the Steam sale on these?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

monster on a stick posted:

Ok, so the $19.99 Deus Ex HR/Hitman/Sleeping Dogs/Just Cause 2 bundle. Good deal? I've done one playthrough of Deus Ex HR on my Xbox (stealthy/shooter run), and already own Just Cause 2 from a Steam sale (so I'd sell/trade that.) Worth it, or would I be better off waiting for the Steam sale on these?

Since you're essentially buying this for Hitman and Sleeping Dogs only, you can save about 5 to 8 usd by waiting since both of those have been less than 10 dollars individually. Just depends on whether you wanna play them right now or not.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Biggest human being Ever posted:

Since you're essentially buying this for Hitman and Sleeping Dogs only, you can save about 5 to 8 usd by waiting since both of those have been less than 10 dollars individually. Just depends on whether you wanna play them right now or not.

So since I've only played Deus Ex:HR once, it is worth playing again as (say) stealthy for whatever additional content there is? (I borrowed the Xbox version, didn't buy.) That adds a few more bucks into what I'd "save."

I don't have that much of an urge to play either of those games, I've just heard good things about them from goons and I tend to trust their judgment :v:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

monster on a stick posted:

So since I've only played Deus Ex:HR once, it is worth playing again as (say) stealthy for whatever additional content there is? (I borrowed the Xbox version, didn't buy.) That adds a few more bucks into what I'd "save."

I don't have that much of an urge to play either of those games, I've just heard good things about them from goons and I tend to trust their judgment :v:

I think it's much the same content since there isn't a ton of choice in Deus Ex story-wise, you just get to experience it a different way. Sleeping Dogs I found was okay, definitely some rough edges there, don't know about Hitman since I have yet to play it.

Braking Gnus
Oct 13, 2012
I just finished Sleeping Dogs and it is great, Hitman not so much. Unless you have a buddy or two who you want to share the glory of Deus Ex and JC2 with its probably best to wait till the summer sale.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Braking Gnus posted:

I just finished Sleeping Dogs and it is great, Hitman not so much. Unless you have a buddy or two who you want to share the glory of Deus Ex and JC2 with its probably best to wait till the summer sale.

Thanks for saving me money :)

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
AmazonTony, thanks for all the attention you give this thread!

I'm trying to get my buddies into Crusader Kings II, but it's back up to $40 everywhere.

Is there a chance, or a timeline, for this to go back on sale soon?

Raften
May 20, 2007
Cognates! They stay crunchy, even in milk!
Paradox usually throws all of their stuff on sale during holidays, so I am sure it will end up on sale during one of the million summer sales that will happen in July.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Dark Souls is back in stock:

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Prepare-Online-Game/dp/B00917DBUE/ref=sr_1_1?tag=amazongamesales-20

Can you please put it back on sale? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Successfully predicted nine of the last five recessions

Is Civ 5: Gods and Kings going on sale any time soon?

• Locked thread