Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Mister Bates posted:

Yeah, just have a grenade in your inventory and then let the zeds eat you.

Incidentally, I really wish you could just choose to kick out a survivor. I know you can when a Mercy Kill or emotional-issues mission pops up, but I really don't want to wait until then to kick out my completely useless alcoholic slacker chick; at the same time I don't really want to actively kill her because I'd feel like a douche. Would be nice if there was just an 'Expel From Community' option, maybe with a dynamic Influence cost and Morale penalty based on how popular that person is among the group.

Agreed, I just got a survivor with the coward and drunk trait. Really, really, want to give her the axe and kick her out but it looks like I'm going to end up giving her a grenade and throw her into a horde.

Normally, I'm willing to give every survivor a chance regardless of any negatives but those two traits together just demolish a characters effectiveness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Okay, the blaze of glory option was awesome as all hell. Definitely putting grenades on all tertiary community members now.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Outside of work, I've been playing the hell out of this game almost every waking moment. Unfortunately, I'm a chronic restarter and used the patch as an excuse to restart for the..6th time?

Anyway, in that previous game, I was holed up in Snyder's, had maxed everything but cardio on Marcus, and had only lost the minister and Alan.

This new game? Was trying to help besieged neighbors to get enough people for the move to Snyder's, when a big bastard spawns among the group. I went out to meet him in combat and was swarmed, beat down, then he waddles up and pulls Marcus in two. I was saddened.

Second besieged mission, have the male survivor that was run off by Sgt Tam get pulled in half by a regular horde.

I pulled a total Captain Rhodes at my tv, had Maya retrieve the backpack and farted around, having Lilly ask around for survivors.

I played for another 2 hours and nothing. Hope this isn't a new and exciting bug. :ohdear:

Also, does researching require an active library to work, or could you build a library at the church, research, say, a greenhouse, then build a garden at Snyder's without a library there?

gileadexile fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jun 17, 2013

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
After having to mercy kill Jacob, I've decided to kill off all my playable named characters and use only randoms. RIP Marcus/Ed/Maya.

My single playable character is a dentist with the gossip and bad back traits. Yikes. only 5 survivors and morale is at 0

EDIT: Send more paramedics

Return of the Living Dead refrence?

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jun 17, 2013

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Lotish posted:

Well, sometimes there is an option to kick a person out, but I don't know how often it comes up. When I got Alan's mercy kill mission, option 1 of three was to kill him and 2 was to tell him to leave (with 3 being put it off.) I think if someone's causing trouble with anger issues or something like that you can tell them to GTFO.

I told Alan to get the hell out and he ran off, then he just showed up as missing from then on but remained on my survivor list. I never did find out what happened to him...

Teeter fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jun 17, 2013

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Man, I'm pretty stoked about this game.

Put in a good few hours last night, and moved to the warehouse. I love it. For anyone having issues with getting materials, it's so much easier just to call for someone to help you with materials. So far, I've drat near maxed everything, got some good outposts set up, and everything. However, I think I've come across a bug or two.

I am finding some guns, which is great. I put them in the storage, and come back about an hour later and they're gone. No idea what is happening to them, as noone is using them. I am finding a lot of good ammo though. I have about 200 rounds of 5.56, 8 .50cal, and 4 40mm Grenade Launcher rounds. Do you get a grenade launcher in the game? Cause that would be tits.

Also, survivors seem to have stopped responding to the call. I've been trying to get them to join me, but the past 4 times I tried, noone answered. I only have 16 people so I can get more. I also apparently own 89 cars.

The infestation glitch is still happening to me. So, I have no idea what in the hell. I do know that Jacob is about to get the boot for being an emo gently caress. EVERY time there is a problem with sadness, or fear, or anger, it's that rear end in a top hat.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I have a random survivor named Jade with the Psychopath and Tough as Nails trait. When she takes someone with morale problems out, she gives them a really caring, heartfelt speech in a gentle voice, then finishes it off with this almost monotonous, psychopathically-calm "okay good, now don't gently caress up anymore or we will kick you out to die" type line, which always leaves the NPC seeming kind of :stonk: in their reactions. She's a riot to play as and as an added bonus she showed with a loner cop who seems to love trading all of my supplies for more ammo. The two of them are such a bizarre duo that I can't bring myself to fire horribly suicide their third enclave member, an alcoholic ex-drunk student who loves drinking (yes, seriously).

At one point I was doing a mission with Jade and she suddenly starts opening up about her past and tells me this heart-wrenching story about abandoning her Alzheimer's-ridden father to the zeds and being haunted by it ever since. Now she has the Survivor's Guilt trait in addition to Psychopath, and my brain automatically parses that as "was unable to handle the crushing guilt of letting her father die, and completely shut down all her emotions and became a hardened killing machine to cope." Oh Jade :smith:

I absolutely love the little stories this game produces.

Leal posted:

Also the Pastor got over his illness, then Alan proceeded to shoot him 2 days later even though he was perfectly healthy. What the gently caress Alan?!

In my game, the Pastor got over his illness literally immediately - like, I checked up on him after hearing he was sick and he was all "sup I feel great" - and then Alan decided to murder him like a week later. loving Alan.

Jpyric posted:

Had an odd moment earlier. Playing as Ed, managed to accidentally fall off a cliff. When I hit the ground, the screen went red and the "you're dead" music started playing. After fading to black and coming back, I appeared as Ed in the church, completely unhurt! I guess Ed is bouncy?

This game seems to have a strange tendency to toss little bennies the player's way via baffling glitches. I was trying to do the "retrieve the lovely plastic watch" mission as Marcus and was 99% sure I was about to eat it out in the parking lot due to the cabin being the centre of one unholy motherfucker of an infestation, and then suddenly I was standing in the cabin and everything was dead and the game was all "you kill the infestation!! Have this lovely watch." I just sort of looked at my wife and we shared a :stare: moment, and then she said "DON'T QUESTION IT. DON'T QUESTION THE MIRACLE" and that was that.

My Marcus has survived some unbelievable bullshit, I tell you what. One time I drove a truck off a cliff with a sliver of health left, and it rolled in the air, threw him out, and he loving surfed that bitch down and took no damage on the landing. I am pretty sure he is a sorcerer.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I have gotten 5 vehicles stuck off reading. This doesn't count the vehicles I have gotten stuck trying to do wicked jumps. That ravine with the broken bridge looks like a car suicide graveyard.

Roading. Not reading. loving iPad.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

That little trench next to the church has three burning cars in it. :v: I also seem to have developed a tradition of leaving a "bloodmobile," an extremely bashed-up, blood-crusted, flaming police cruiser, outside of each home base I live in, like some sort of grisly symbol. It originated with the flaming Bloodmobile in the trench next to the church. And yeah, the creek under the broken bridge is full of wrecks in my game too.

I can't even count how many vehicles I've totaled ramming Big Bastards though. gently caress I hate those loving things.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I've never actually killed a big bastard with a car. And yeah. gently caress me. Give me a feral any day of the week.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Soulex posted:

I've never actually killed a big bastard with a car. And yeah. gently caress me. Give me a feral any day of the week.

I've killed exactly one that way, because I rammed it into the kneeling state and then somehow sort of coasted into it on my rims before it stood up, and its head summarily exploded. I am fairly certain that was a fluke and they're actually more or less immune to damage from vehicles. I mean, Christ, I detonated three propane tanks directly next to one and it merely turned and bellowed fatly at me (I turned right the hell around and ran my skinny bitch rear end off).

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Angry Diplomat posted:

I've killed exactly one that way, because I rammed it into the kneeling state and then somehow sort of coasted into it on my rims before it stood up, and its head summarily exploded. I am fairly certain that was a fluke and they're actually more or less immune to damage from vehicles. I mean, Christ, I detonated three propane tanks directly next to one and it merely turned and bellowed fatly at me (I turned right the hell around and ran my skinny bitch rear end off).

Cars are much more durable when you back into enemies. I slammed into a big bastard three times with the rear of a pickup, and that seemed to do it in. Didn't even start smoking.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

404notfound posted:

Cars are much more durable when you back into enemies. I slammed into a big bastard three times with the rear of a pickup, and that seemed to do it in. Didn't even start smoking.

I rammed a big bastard head-on and my tires flew off, so I backed into it and my rear tires flew off. Then I tried ramming it again and my driver's side door flew off. I gave up and fled when the fourth ram set my car on fire :negative:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah, one of my survivors had his heart set on killing a Big'Un and I took a modern pickup to help him. We found it in a field and I hit it in reverse, popping the back tires. I got out to shoot him a few times, but we alerted a horde and jumped back in. I ended up knocking him back down by ramming with the front, which popped the front tires, and the horde swarmed the vehicle as it ground its way through the field on nothing but rims. We got out of the juggernaut's aggro radius before the horde ripped all the doors off and pulled me and my friend from the vehicle, and we cleared them out before returning to the juggernaut, who ran at us despite multiple .45 caliber shots to the face and got hold of my friend. With no time to reload and my friend being twisted in half, I started wailing on him with an escrima stick and knocked him out of his killing animation before it finished, at which point my friend kicked it in the head so hard it popped like a watermelon with an m80 inside it.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Angry Diplomat posted:

I rammed a big bastard head-on and my tires flew off, so I backed into it and my rear tires flew off. Then I tried ramming it again and my driver's side door flew off. I gave up and fled when the fourth ram set my car on fire :negative:

Once you've rammed it the first time and knocked it down, don't try and get any extra momentum, just drive straight over it while it's down. Hitting it while it's standing will do more damage to your car than the big 'un, but hitting it while it's down at even a relatively slow speed is an insta-kill.

Unless that changed with the patch, as it's been a fair few days since I had a chance to play.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
I have really bad luck when it comes to Juggernaughts. Every time I get a freak hunt for one, I always manage to attract a horde during the fight (even if it's clear or I specifically kill any nearby beforehand). So every time, either the survivor I am helping or the character I am playing dies. Right now I'm down to six or so survivors, three of which are Alan, Lilly, and the Pastor.

I think it's time to restart.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

team overhead smash posted:

Once you've rammed it the first time and knocked it down, don't try and get any extra momentum, just drive straight over it while it's down. Hitting it while it's standing will do more damage to your car than the big 'un, but hitting it while it's down at even a relatively slow speed is an insta-kill.

Unless that changed with the patch, as it's been a fair few days since I had a chance to play.

That's the thing, though - 90% of the time even hitting the thing at Mach 7 just makes it stagger a little, and even if I do knock it down, the collision brings me to a complete dead stop and destroys my tires. By the time I manage to get moving forward on my spinning rims, the bastard's back on his feet and I just sort of bump lightly into him and gently caress my car up even more.

I'm just gonna start carrying a ton of firebombs.

Mellophant
Jul 28, 2003

Two direct shots from the grenade launcher and a juggernaut goes down, this information may prove helpful for late in the game. I spent five minutes ramming one over and over with a truck for the "Killed one of each freak zombie type with your car." achievement and it almost wasn't worth it. I'm just glad they move at a snail's pace, so unless they're mission specific you can just avoid them entirely.

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa
:siren: Here's some unfortunate news about the first update. Apparently it didn't apply properly. Everyone downloaded it but there was some kind of problem and it hasn't patched peoples' games. Or something. They only noticed this yesterday (as a result of a lot of people essentially saying that very little has changed about infestations, as many here have said too). This is the first time I've heard of a title update not installing on 360.

http://forums.undeadlabs.com/showthread.php?23684-Ripping-Off-the-Bandaid-Title-Update-1-Not-Working

Nice apology and information from Jeff

Jeff posted:

Almost as soon as the update went live on Friday night, we started seeing reports the infestation bug ("Too many infestations!", even if the infestations were on the other side of the world), at least, was not fixed. DJ (our QA director) and Sanya immediately started gathering reports, and the entire Undead Labs team started investigating.

The issue was somewhat confused by many people reporting improvements to the infestation issue. However, reports started coming in that other bugs we had verified internally as fixed were apparently not fixed on the live version of the game. It began to look as though the people reporting improvements simply had good luck, not a fixed game....

There's more of that post and it's worth reading.

So it seems like perhaps update 1 will be rolled into update 2, which is already in certification but I guess that now MS will have to fast track a new patch, since it's their fault that the first update didn't apply.

...good to know that I wasn't going crazy being unable to find these phantom infestations. And yesterday I basically gave up playing after I watched Karen flee in front of my eyes as a infestations message triggered (she sprinted off, hopped the wall, and went 'missing').

Strange though that other bugs (community members not working around the home) seemed fixed on my game, but that must have been a coincidence.

Harmonica fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jun 17, 2013

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
This game is awesome but it is making me sad at the same time. I moved to the Synder warehouse a little while ago and set up my outposts so no hoards can move into that part of town at all, but I can only play the game for a few hours a week. Every time I come back to play after a day or two I find one survivor is dead every time. I'm down to 10 guys from 16.

Is this a bug or is it just the games way of making things dificult? I have not come across any other survivor groups outside of Marshal so I don't have any new blood anymore.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

You can use the radio room to find random survivors.

Jpyric
Feb 19, 2013

Angry Diplomat posted:

That little trench next to the church has three burning cars in it. :v: I also seem to have developed a tradition of leaving a "bloodmobile," an extremely bashed-up, blood-crusted, flaming police cruiser, outside of each home base I live in, like some sort of grisly symbol. It originated with the flaming Bloodmobile in the trench next to the church. And yeah, the creek under the broken bridge is full of wrecks in my game too.

I can't even count how many vehicles I've totaled ramming Big Bastards though. gently caress I hate those loving things.

I usually have a "Bloodtruck" parked nearby, those old beat up pickups are the best horde killers. :black101: After wrecking 3 hatchbacks on the big bastards I go around, though. Even the Bloodtruck must show them respect.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Probably the scariest thing in this game is driving across the open fields in the middle of the map in pitch darkness and loving your car up on a rock. One second everythings all cool and your cruising towards home with some supplies, the next your standing in the middle of a cornfield with 15(if youre lucky) zombies breathing down your neck and no escape in sight.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Jpyric posted:

I usually have a "Bloodtruck" parked nearby, those old beat up pickups are the best horde killers. :black101: After wrecking 3 hatchbacks on the big bastards I go around, though. Even the Bloodtruck must show them respect.

The old pickups suck for horde killing. One horde and they are smoking. The modern pickup go through endless hordes without smoking. I have never actually had a modern pickup smoke from killing hordes. The old pickup is like the station wagon in that one zombie to the front gives it white smoke, the next puts it on fire.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I don't know why the cop cars aren't more durable than they are; they already have a ram bar installed.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Shadowlz posted:

The old pickups suck for horde killing. One horde and they are smoking. The modern pickup go through endless hordes without smoking. I have never actually had a modern pickup smoke from killing hordes. The old pickup is like the station wagon in that one zombie to the front gives it white smoke, the next puts it on fire.
ALL vehicles can go through several hordes if you only hit them with the door.

Jpyric
Feb 19, 2013

Shadowlz posted:

Odd, I've rammed through 3 or 4 hordes before i start getting smoke. Guess Im getting lucky? Or maybe I'm going fast enough that it registers the hits on the sides and back.

Cull
Feb 20, 2005

Bear attack!

team overhead smash posted:

That's what I've been doing and it works like a charm. I do tend to be in a "modern pickup" when I do it, so maybe a bigger vehicle is key. Tried it once in a hatchback and uh....no.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I found that plane from the promo images last night and was unbelievably excited about it. Then I get there and find out I get a whole 3 containers to loot and can't actually get inside the plane. At least the thermite I found was neat.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

coyo7e posted:

ALL vehicles can go through several hordes if you only hit them with the door.

Until the door gets ripped off. That's happened to me a few times.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Fibby Boy posted:

I found that plane from the promo images last night and was unbelievably excited about it. Then I get there and find out I get a whole 3 containers to loot and can't actually get inside the plane. At least the thermite I found was neat.

I found the plane crash in my first hour or two of playing, but then I kept finding pieces of it all over the place that I hadn't seen yet. The other night I found a piece of the landing gear that was pretty far away from the rest. The little details in this game are great.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I guess problems from that patch are affecting people more than I'd heard. I've been having a fine time since the patch, personally.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Basebf555 posted:

I found the plane crash in my first hour or two of playing, but then I kept finding pieces of it all over the place that I hadn't seen yet. The other night I found a piece of the landing gear that was pretty far away from the rest. The little details in this game are great.

drat iPad deleted most of my post when I checked a different tab. >:[

I don't think I've seen anyone mention many things like this, so I will! Lots of the place names and some of the people are references to other zombie media. The kirkman house, adlard-Moore shipping trucks, and namkrik shipping containers are walking dead references. Big daddy auto parts, savini house, inivas shipping container, and Snyder trucking are living dead ones.. mcCready looks like a ref to a YouTube fiction series. Wilkersons brings up zombie car, lily brings up a zombie cookbook or something, and ummm I seem to remember looking up a few other 'zombie xxxx' on google and getting some plausible stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if doc Hanson, the judge, or whoever was a reference. Or even one o them miller boys. Oh, there's a Campbell used autos. And a giant billy Connolly for some reason.

I also stop to look at new signage. Bananarama, it's a sodamana! One of the fairground signs advertised FOODZ and the corndog art is hilarious, at least one one at the fair. The produce stands have Elvis parsley on the side. It's worth having a look at signage and posters, there's usually a little joke in them, disguised to be ignorable unless specifically looked at.

Also one last share, I banged a car into one of the Spencer's mills signs, with the big circular saw. The saw fell out and penny-rolled off down the road til it fell over.

Story time, maya was asked to take a fresh recruit out to learn survival skills. They directed me, in the middle of the night, out to the boneyard, during a horde attack night. Two hordes were going to hit the graveyard at the same time I would get there. Pack up fresh meat, time to learn some zombie killing skills :metal:

Lastly I started a new game because bugs made my old one unprogressable, and this time I stayed in the church because most of my bug problems happened when I moved bases. No problems right through the end of the game! I'll have to look up whatever it was I was meant to see at the end though.

skoolmunkee fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 17, 2013

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

skoolmunkee posted:

drat iPad deleted most of my post when I checked a different tab. >:[

I don't think I've seen anyone mention many things like this, so I will! Lots of the place names and some of the people are references to other zombie media. The kirkman house, adlard-Moore shipping trucks, and namkrik shipping containers are walking dead references. Big daddy auto parts, savini house, inivas shipping container, and Snyder trucking are living dead ones.. mcCready looks like a ref to a YouTube fiction series. Wilkersons brings up zombie car, lily brings up a zombie cookbook or something, and ummm I seem to remember looking up a few other 'zombie xxxx' on google and getting some plausible stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if doc Hanson, the judge, or whoever was a reference. Or even one o them miller boys. Oh, there's a Campbell used autos. And a giant billy Connolly for some reason.

I also stop to look at new signage. Bananarama, it's a sodamana! One of the fairground signs advertised FOODZ and the corndog art is hilarious, at least one one at the fair. The produce stands have Elvis parsley on the side. It's worth having a look at signage and posters, there's usually a little joke in them, disguised to be ignorable unless specifically looked at.

Also one last share, I banged a car into one of the Spencer's mills signs, with the big circular saw. The saw fell out and penny-rolled off down the road til it fell over.

Story time, maya was asked to take a fresh recruit out to learn survival skills. They directed me, in the middle of the night, out to the boneyard, during a horde attack night. Two hordes were going to hit the graveyard at the same time I would get there. Pack up fresh meat, time to learn some zombie killing skills :metal:

Lastly I started a new game because bugs made my old one unprogressable, and this time I stayed in the church because most of my bug problems happened when I moved bases. No problems right through the end of the game! I'll have to look up whatever it was I was meant to see at the end though.

There's a whole shitload of little things like that if you look for them. There's a backyard in Spencer's Mill where it looks like someone has been playing Plants vs. Zombies, with a row of sunflowers set up and a whole bunch of dead zombies in front of them. There's a spot coming down from Mount Tanner where someone lost control of their vehicle, careened off a cliff taking out the guardrail in the process, someone else stopped to help them, and then got munched on by zombies - you can see the tire tracks, the ruined car at the bottom of the cliff, the intact car on the road above, and the corpse of the unlucky rescuer. There are a ton of buildings with partial barricades or furniture moved in front of the windows. Overall, they do a pretty good job of making the world look like a place where some pretty bad poo poo has been going down, and a whole lot of little stories have played out, most of them with unhappy endings.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Mister Bates posted:

There's a whole shitload of little things like that if you look for them. There's a backyard in Spencer's Mill where it looks like someone has been playing Plants vs. Zombies, with a row of sunflowers set up and a whole bunch of dead zombies in front of them. There's a spot coming down from Mount Tanner where someone lost control of their vehicle, careened off a cliff taking out the guardrail in the process, someone else stopped to help them, and then got munched on by zombies - you can see the tire tracks, the ruined car at the bottom of the cliff, the intact car on the road above, and the corpse of the unlucky rescuer. There are a ton of buildings with partial barricades or furniture moved in front of the windows. Overall, they do a pretty good job of making the world look like a place where some pretty bad poo poo has been going down, and a whole lot of little stories have played out, most of them with unhappy endings.

One of the neater one's I saw is in the gun store in Spencer's Mill. You can follow the path as they made a fighting retreat, and then jumped out of a second story window.

There's also Plum Island Produce (Survival of the Dead and Plum Island Animal Disease Center which has quite a few conspiracy theories surrounding it), I think the plane crash is a reference to Nightmare City/City of the Walking Dead(same movie different titles), and on the building next door to Campbell Autos there's a pretty good caricature of Bruce. They did a really great job packing the game with references and sight gags, and I'm sure there's tons I'm missing or not getting. That's love, people.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

There's a sign for "Simon & Nick's landscaping", named for Simon Pegg and Nick Frost of Shaun of the Dead. The little details like this have definitely shown through and make it awesome.

I've really started to pay attention to this after cluing in to Giantbomb's love for fake food companies in video games. There's a lot of subtle gold hidden in advertisements and vending machines of the video game world out there.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Had a glitch free experience after about 15 hours of play until tonight. All of a sudden every time I have to escort somebody back to the homebase they follow me fine until we're outside and they say 'I've got it from here', then they just stand still and never actually go to quest finish marker. I have to basically push them into the marker by walking into them, kind of annoying.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
So does anyone know if that part where a lady named 'Judy Hastert' radios in to ask Lily if any of her people have seen a guy named 'Bill' who's missing leads to anything? It actually makes Lily seem like kind of a dick as-is, because she's like 'sure, I'll alert the troops!' but then doesn't actually say anything to you, and no mission appears, and it's never mentioned again. I assume it's just another one of the many cut or shortened plot threads, but there may just be a mission I'm missing.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Lotish posted:

Yeah, one of my survivors had his heart set on killing a Big'Un and I took a modern pickup to help him. We found it in a field and I hit it in reverse, popping the back tires.

Just killed a big'un for a help mission with one of my low level survivors, using a truck for that reason, and it's the first time I even discovered tires could be popped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Billy Connolly reference is because of the zombie movie Fido.

More references:

- "Uncle Les Self Storage" (Braindead reference)
- Graffiti related to Gus from Breaking Bad
- Many references to Zombieland (two achievements: Rule #1 and Gotta Enjoy the Little Things, for example, or the building with four posters for Tallahassee, Wichita, Little Rock, and Columbus, the characters in the movie)
- References to Aliens (one achievement, also had a random survivor give me the "Game over man, game over!" line)
- Sign on a lawn about voting for Rick Grimes for Sheriff
- Graffiti paraphrasing the "When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth" line from Dawn of the Dead

• Locked thread