Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Crotch Bat posted:

I think you can pretty comfortably armchair shrink this and just say that what he is now is largely a result of his parents babying him his whole life(which you can't genuinely blame on them, he has serious medical issues that afflict very few worldwide) and the "power" he obtained by being on the show which only magnified his existing issues.

The show has made him exponentially worse just like other similar Wack Packers. High Pitch Eric is incredibly similar. When HPE first appeared on the show you could tell he was slow and had some issues but he wasn't a monster but because the show rewards bad behavior as good or better than good behavior he had no incentive to grow and better himself as a person and he's since devolved into this disgusting, lecherous scam artist and Eric is no different. People eventually feel bad for the little butterball and yield to his ridiculous demands and so he hasn't learned how to mature to receive the rewards that are being withheld from him.

As a recent Sirius subscriber with no prior Howard experience, I know even less about HPE than I do about EtM, and I always got the idea that HPE was a genuinely nice guy with a great sense of humor about his condition and status on the show (see: the audio clip that's played frequently where someone from the Stern staff calls HPE, he answers, they say "No, miss, I'm looking for Eric." and he dons a false deep accent to "pretend" to be himself), what kind of poo poo has he done to earn ire?

It's got to be frustrating for EtM, yeah, everyone who knows him from the show just wants to gently caress with him and it's entirely his fault with his incredible and amusing reactions but he got dealt an awful awful hand in life and would have amounted to approximately one tenth of nothing had he not amused Howard to such a degree, and he probably feels fame, or at least a much better station in life than he could have ever gotten on his own, is just outside his grasp if people would just take him seriously. He now feels entitled to some sort of superstar acting career which in all fairness Howard could easily grant him but why the gently caress would you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Advice posted:

As a recent Sirius subscriber with no prior Howard experience, I know even less about HPE than I do about EtM, and I always got the idea that HPE was a genuinely nice guy with a great sense of humor about his condition and status on the show (see: the audio clip that's played frequently where someone from the Stern staff calls HPE, he answers, they say "No, miss, I'm looking for Eric." and he dons a false deep accent to "pretend" to be himself), what kind of poo poo has he done to earn ire?

Youtube is failing me this morning, but HPE has done things like get limousines by referring to himself as "Eric from the Howard Stern show" and then never paying. Same for having caterers bring him food, and I think he might have also gotten Yankees tickets using this approach.

VVVV Thanks; I had forgotten about the credit card scams and the threats. :tipshat:

prefect fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jun 17, 2013

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

If I remember correctly, HPE has scammed a metric poo poo ton of people, including stealing credit cards and maxing them out, then pretends to be retarded when caught. And he's definitely threatened to kill at least one woman. Oh and he acted super nice to a neighborvof Gary's who ad a fan, got his phone number, and started harassing the guy every day to pay his cable bill.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Not to mention that he's just completely disgusting. Hasn't there been several times he's been in the studio where his gums were just freely bleeding with no provocation?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Where are the ETM clip packs because I could only get what's on Scriptcover.com and it starts at 2006. I believe it started at like 2004 and I'd like to relive the little fucker's past.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Advice posted:

As a recent Sirius subscriber with no prior Howard experience, I know even less about HPE than I do about EtM

How about some Elephant Boy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLtEPy3BBp8

This story made me almost die and vomit at the same time.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
High Pitch is a terrible person. He is foul. He makes me gag when he talks. I think he has stopped being really terrible after his mom died, I haven't heard much from him lately, but maybe that is just because Langford isn't on the case.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Oh god, the stories of how much he always ate and drank and how bad he smelled. :barf:

How long did that girl who got handcuffed to him last? 20 minutes?

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Manifest posted:

Man, less than a year ago Chris was sending photos of himself farting on a cake to someone pretending to be a woman.

That was actually about two years ago. He's been remarkably low-profile since the hit and run case compared to his previous Youtube screaming fits.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Speaking of hit & run cases, what ever happened to Elegant Elliot Offen?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

Speaking of hit & run cases, what ever happened to Elegant Elliot Offen?

Wasn't he banned for threatening people from the staff in their home or something? Or maybe violence in the studio?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brocktoon posted:

Wasn't he banned for threatening people from the staff in their home or something? Or maybe violence in the studio?

Pretty sure they banned him from the building after he punched a wall. Might have also punched a picture on the wall.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I wonder if HPE has some sort of GI issues? He does that odd hiccup/dry heave thing almost everytime he's on air. It sounds like he's always on the verge of vomiting.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

an adult beverage posted:

I wonder if HPE has some sort of GI issues? He does that odd hiccup/dry heave thing almost everytime he's on air. It sounds like he's always on the verge of vomiting.

Are you implying that eating nothing but KFC and Taco Bell is somehow detrimental to your health?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
EEO got banned from the building but not from anyone related to the show and he did the show a handful of times after. I wonder if they either got tired of doing a street interview or if something else came up and they decided it best just to remove themselves from Offen's life.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crotch Bat posted:

EEO got banned from the building but not from anyone related to the show and he did the show a handful of times after. I wonder if they either got tired of doing a street interview or if something else came up and they decided it best just to remove themselves from Offen's life.

To be fair, The Elegant One is just not the same when it's a man-on-the-street interview. Get him into the studio for quality radio.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Ah, had not heard he was banned from the building. Last I heard of him he was up on manslaughter charges, thought they'd dumped him as a result of his legal troubles but had never heard an update on what happened to him.

He was hilarious but at the same time ridiculous and aggravating.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

He was BEYOND aggravating. He might well be the most mentally ill person that was ever a regular on the show... and that's saying something.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

If you can sit through these clips without wanting to throw yourself off an overpass, I commend you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3elM-yPldQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd9SvRcdklU

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

I wish BigFoot would carry around Eric the Midget on his back like Hodor from Game of Thrones.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

I wish BigFoot would carry around Eric the Midget on his back like Hodor from Game of Thrones.

You should call in and suggest that as a challenge they could do for money. It would be amazing ... except I know that Eric would never do it for any amount of money.

"I'm pretty darn tired of carryin' this midget around, it is!"

"SHUT - THE gently caress - UP - ASSWIPE."

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Elliot is the best because he's so scary. HPE is a gross leech, EtM is a club footed retard, Jeff is a dopey drunk; most people in the Wack Pack are weird but relatively harmless. Elliot on the other hand is someone who scares the poo poo out of me just watching him in the studio.

The Robins Taley
Apr 3, 2006

I'd bone her.

kylej posted:

Elliot is the best because he's so scary. HPE is a gross leech, EtM is a club footed retard, Jeff is a dopey drunk; most people in the Wack Pack are weird but relatively harmless. Elliot on the other hand is someone who scares the poo poo out of me just watching him in the studio.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Screw that: Eric the Midget as Jeff the Drunk's dead arm. He can pick stuff up with his mouth!

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
I honestly think if someone tweeted to Eric something like "Hey this website is having a huge discussion about you" and if we paid for it, I think we could get him to this thread.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I honestly think if someone tweeted to Eric something like "Hey this website is having a huge discussion about you" and if we paid for it, I think we could get him to this thread.

Remind him that this is the website had an article about him (http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/top-ten-midgets.php?page=2) and was mentioned to him. I will pay for the account if someone can get his attention to come here.

Oh man if ETM had Ask/Tell thread :allears:

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

Did anyone hear them making fun of Ronnie's sex tips today? That, combined with the call he made to some medical show talking about his half a cup of sperm had me cracking up today.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Where he would be banned immediately assuming the mods weren't in on it and just let him run wild.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Advice posted:

Where he would be banned immediately assuming the mods weren't in on it and just let him run wild.

I would fight to my dying breath to keep him on the forums.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Well, the SA servers could be sustained for a hundred years off of the revenue generated solely from custom titles people would purchase for Eric, I say go for it.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Howard was on Fallon last night with Anamanaguchi? What chance is there that he'll have any comment on them? (0%)

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

So now David Spade is tweeting Eric again saying that he and John Stamos will send Eric to legoland if he flies with balloons. Eric is so thrilled to be acknowledged by celebrities he proceeds to roll with the punches for exactly one tweet before reverting into permanent capslock meltdown mode.

Why is he so incredibly touchy about the gay thing, more than anything else. He mustve gotten it a lot growing up. Well, "growing" "up".

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

GenoCanSing posted:

So now David Spade is tweeting Eric again saying that he and John Stamos will send Eric to legoland if he flies with balloons. Eric is so thrilled to be acknowledged by celebrities he proceeds to roll with the punches for exactly one tweet before reverting into permanent capslock meltdown mode.

Why is he so incredibly touchy about the gay thing, more than anything else. He mustve gotten it a lot growing up. Well, "growing" "up".

My theory is that he's lived a pretty sheltered life, and never had the experience of being around people who were different from him, being weirded out by their habits, and then getting over it.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Man, even when I agree with JD on something (teen mom), I still loving hate listening to him. The man can't articulate poo poo.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Here, have ten loving hours of Scott the Engineer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z-lpFOegkM

The video title should really be "Best of Making Fun of Scott the Engineer".

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
The reviews for "Sex, Lies, and Cookies" are coming in and they are brutal. Also a bunch of Howard shrapnel in there as well.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Does she narrate the audiobook version?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

musclecoder posted:

The reviews for "Sex, Lies, and Cookies" are coming in and they are brutal. Also a bunch of Howard shrapnel in there as well.

quote:

Unrated Memoir? I got a rating - 0.0 June 18, 2013
By Christine's Emotional Friend
Format:Hardcover
Why is this women writing an autobiography? Because she is a fourth rate personality on a second rate radio show? Even when Howard Stern was good and had listeners, we didn't want autobiographies from their lower tier on air personalities. Did anyone want a a Grillo autobiography? Or Gay Rich? Or Gangi?

Lisa G is one of the least interesting cast members of a pretty boring cast of Stern Show cast members. I think I would rather read a book by Jason Kaplan on how he sits at home all day and smokes weed while his wife shaves his back than a page of Lisa G's book.

quote:

Writing is not great, but terrific recipies! June 18, 2013
By Nervous Mark
Format:Hardcover
It is true that this book is not well written, but some of the recipes are great! Two of my favorite recipes are as follows:

Zoo Za Zoo Berry cookies. I always said these cookies were gifted, but I could never figure out just how much, until I tried them! One bite, and you too will be shouting Zoo Za Zoo!

Ostrosky Oat Cookies: You will see from the pictures in the book, this is an unusual recipe! Lisa G has photos in the book which show how she shaped these cookies into a horse's face, your kids will love them! They are made from oats, carrots, sugar cubes, bits of red carpet frosting, and Marbles brand fudge. A treat for the whole family!

I can't recommend this book, as it reads as if it was written by a particularly slow 8 year old, but the recipes are worth trying out. You'll thank me later!

These are great. :thumbsup:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
It's all a cash grab anyways. The only people I want an autobiography from have done theirs and that's Howard and Artie. Gary's biography isn't interesting but a memoir of his time on the show would probably be fantastic. Robin's was likely 75% lies with only the molestation story propping it up and Fred is boring and nobody cares about his Martian life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Hasn't Robin admitted "some of the book" was a fabrication?