Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
[Citation Needed]

also: hahahahahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010

Deeters posted:

Erzberg continues to provide fantastic video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z484SYSWaQc

I really want to know why taking that line looked so good from the bottom.

My two loves, Motocross and flat water freestyle. Guy filming should have kept the camera on those XFS's just a tad longer.

Diametunim fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 16, 2013

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Went sidecar racing again at Loudon Classic. Never been to a modern bike race before. Was loving packed. Full of drunk gixxer punks making noise Saturday night. I like the retirees in the vintage club better. But anyway, some pics:

Fast bikes going fast

All the gixxers

F1 sidecars. They work nothing like our vintage sidecars. They're crazy.

A range of fine Italian machinery

We didn't crash this time, so no new exciting pics. But on the way out, in the track parking lot, a group of stoned dudes were like "whoa look a sidecar dude stop our bitches wanna hop on your sidecar!!" Bitches love sidecars.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The exhaust is pointed forward? :confused:

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

We didn't crash this time, so no new exciting pics. But on the way out, in the track parking lot, a group of stoned dudes were like "whoa look a sidecar dude stop our bitches wanna hop on your sidecar!!" Bitches love sidecars.

Holy poo poo that was *you*? Isn't that the sidecar rig that everyone said was going to explode and kill you the first time out? I would have taken a closer look when you stopped to let the girls snap a pic. BTW if you didn't guess, those girls and guys were the "drunk gixxer punks" doing burnouts all night. But I mean, come on it's bike week :)

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004
One of the drunk gixxer 636 punks from Saturday night :)

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

That helmet is going to loads of good if he cracks his chin on the ground.

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

SaNChEzZ posted:

That helmet is going to loads of good if he cracks his chin on the ground.

From what, tripping over his feet?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

ThatCguy posted:

From what, tripping over his feet?

In that situation it wouldn't really matter, but I assume he wasn't just walking the bike around on a burnout all day long. I just don't see the point in putting a helmet on at all if you're not going to buckle the strap.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I had to look at that picture 4 times before I saw it.

"What guys, his chin bar looks totally fine. I bet that would hold up in a crash. Is that a cheap helmet or somethin-- OOOOOH"

:downs:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Collateral Damage posted:

The exhaust is pointed forward? :confused:
I guess they do that just because it's the most convenient way to point it, with the engine in the back.

Legdiian posted:

Holy poo poo that was *you*? Isn't that the sidecar rig that everyone said was going to explode and kill you the first time out?
Yeah and we haven't had a single incident yet due to weld integrity. On the other hand, several other sidecars have lost parts, cracked front ends, and over last weekend, broke an engine cradle. And all of them are finishing way ahead of us. So I guess the takeaway is, we need to weld even shittier welds! I'll keep CA posted on that.

quote:

I would have taken a closer look when you stopped to let the girls snap a pic. BTW if you didn't guess, those girls and guys were the "drunk gixxer punks" doing burnouts all night. But I mean, come on it's bike week :)
Sup dude. Your group was way too small to be credited with all the noise the night before. It was like half of the infield partying. A lot of them were the Legends car guys too, I think.

It pissed me off, frankly, because at our vintage events, with like 1/10th the number of people, almost all mild-mannered old guys, we're told basically no alcohol in the infield ever, and we get reprimanded for even starting a bike before like 7am just to warm it up. But here are all these idiots bouncing off rev limiters at midnight and blasting music and getting drunk and pissing in the RV parking lot. Is that the way it works, you make a bigger event and all the rules go out the window? Just bring a few Harleys and frat boys and those guys are trusted implicitly? Come on.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

'WHITEBOY'

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Was taken at last year's Harvest Classic?

(click)

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Can anyone identify this?

edit: Found it, it's a Nimbus of some vintage.

AncientTV fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jun 18, 2013

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

MetaJew posted:

(click)

gently caress me with a pinecone I now have a dream.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

That looks so loving awesome. Minimal but still super solid. To say nothing about the rack of four loving FCRs.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

MetaJew posted:

(click)

gently caress me sideways.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Holy poo poo that's gorgeous. :stare::fh:

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

That's nice but a ZRX without high bars is just wrong.

Also ZRX endurance racer.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I thought the carbon fiber on the tail seemed out of place until I saw the front fairing. Looks nice.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
I have a real hard on for muscle bikes, they're the ideal street bike. Comfy, so much powa and enough suspension to get around.

I wish they would bring the CB1300 over to the US cause I would buy the gently caress out of it.

Even the wacky new Vmax is kinda hot even though it's lost it's charm.

and ofcourse

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

It's one of those things where you think "isn't that a stock one?" before you realize some artistic genius has made the physical embodiment of the idea the stock one was meant to conjure up.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ola posted:

It's one of those things where you think "isn't that a stock one?" before you realize some artistic genius has made the physical embodiment of the idea the stock one was meant to conjure up.

Exactly. For the first time I now look at my one as frumpy and lame :(

Goddamn you to hell, people on the internet, for ruining my poo poo with this stuff!

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Ola posted:

Exactly. I haven't seen any concept drawings of the ZRX but I bet it looked a lot like that.

It helps somewhat that the stock 'rex engine almost looks like a mock-up model anyway, it's so smooth and clean. Very pretty motor.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HNasty posted:

I have a real hard on for muscle bikes, they're the ideal street bike. Comfy, so much powa and enough suspension to get around.

I wish they would bring the CB1300 over to the US cause I would buy the gently caress out of it.

Even the wacky new Vmax is kinda hot even though it's lost it's charm.

and ofcourse

:mad:

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

I wish I had that headlight instead of the dumb bucket I have now. :(

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I made something so a few of you can save time typing:

And then this was on imgur when I went to upload it:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Nice doggy

http://globalnews.ca/news/652668/b-c-resident-snaps-photos-of-massive-grey-wolf-chasing-motorcycle-down-highway-gallery/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

The exhaust has a very meaty note.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Deeters posted:

And then this was on imgur when I went to upload it:

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

So. loving. Awesome.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Love that dog. Major case of dog looks like owner, too.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Holy poo poo. Motorcycle is to Wolf as Surfer is to Shark, apparently.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

ReelBigLizard posted:

Holy poo poo. Motorcycle is to Wolf as Surfer is to Shark, apparently.

It's funny how wolves appear to do this just like domesticated dogs do. I still don't understand what they hope to achieve or how they even perceive a bike. There's no real analogue in nature; you would assume a dog/wolf would be best served NOT chasing after a huge, noisy, fast-moving animal.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Slavvy posted:

It's funny how wolves appear to do this just like domesticated dogs do. I still don't understand what they hope to achieve or how they even perceive a bike. There's no real analogue in nature; you would assume a dog/wolf would be best served NOT chasing after a huge, noisy, fast-moving animal.

But this has to be the instinct that is triggered, chasing a big beast like a moose or a bison or whatever. Wolves have great endurance and one strategy is to chase the prey until it collapses with fatigue. I'm not saying the wolf has made a clever and rational decision here though. I guess airbrushed wolves and full moons on the panniers can be an explanation here.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

360? This person lives in Western Washington.

E: Yup; http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/3882592788.html