Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Azaael posted:

I'm wondering if I can cobble together a tanky Champion AoE leveling spec though.

Here's a guide to a WL/champ leveling spec. It is very much about rounding up mobs and mowing them all down with AoE, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

furthur8
Jun 16, 2000
Forum Veteran

Eltoasto posted:

If you want to reserve your name on three springs, go do so now. If you want a free name change, you can make a char there with your name and it will make you change it when you move.

I am not quite clear on the name reservation part. I want to keep my current name, not change it. So do I make a character with the same name on Three Springs or no? If no, how does one go about reserving their name?

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Make a character on threesprings with the same name, then delete it just before you transfer.

Azaael
Jan 15, 2013

Coffee?
Will try it then. I admit I essentially dug up a Warlord build fast and then hadn't gotten to look much at the game since about 2 weeks past SL's release until a few days ago. Thanks for this, as I hadn't even known about this build. Going to whip it up and make the macros this morning and test it. The Paragon PvE build I was using was essentially THE PvE DPS spec, but naturally that's about sustained, competitive DPS. This is just up the alley for leveling, where burst is where it's at and sustained really doesn't mean much.

furthur8
Jun 16, 2000
Forum Veteran

Rianeva posted:

Make a character on threesprings with the same name, then delete it just before you transfer.

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks!

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
Alright, I'm on Threesprings. Character name is Kunwig.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Can I get an invite for Sandystorm, please. I tried once before but it got lost or something.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Reposting for new page. Remember, this doesn't happen until late Tuesday night.

:siren: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT :siren:

We have tentatively decided to transfer the main goon guild (Everything Is Fine) to the Three Springs shard. Unless an important reason not to do it pops up, I plan on doing this Tuesday night. The reasons are thus:

- Be someplace where goons can transfer to us, since goons currently cannot.
- Be away from Seastone
- Be on the same cluster as Generally Good, since our raiders raid with them. Further progressing them will help everyone when we are ready for our own 20 mans.
- Get away from Zoness

When it's done, everyone already on Deepwood should just get a popup when they log in and can automatically tell it to follow the guild. I am told that three springs is active with cross shard events, so hopefully we won't miss Faeblight. Worst case scenario, we can move in a week if it sucks.

When transferring, you will need to empty out your mailbox and pull down any auctions you have. If you want to reserve your name on three springs, go do so now. If you want a free name change, you can make a char there with your name and it will make you change it when you move.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

I'm thinking of buying some REX credits, and I'm not looking to spend too terribly much on them. is $5 sufficient to get a nice amount of bonuses, like unlocking the character/bag slots and other important functions, or am I better off plunking down $20?

$5 will net you 975 credits, one extra bag slot goes for 860 credits, one extra character slot goes for 720 credits, all expansion souls go for 3500 credits (cannot buy one soul at a time).

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

If you are going to do $5, just go ahead and do the REX deal for $10. 1250 credits + Rex that you can either use yourself for 30 days patron status or auction for plat (I sold one tonight for 998 plat).

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Goon guild literally not transferring to Hailol ITT

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

KaneTW posted:

Goon guild literally not transferring to Hailol ITT

Transferring to Hailol wouldn't change much, though. We'd still be on the same cluster.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

If you are going to do $5, just go ahead and do the REX deal for $10. 1250 credits + Rex that you can either use yourself for 30 days patron status or auction for plat (I sold one tonight for 998 plat).

I thought Rex were worth 1250 credits. I had no idea that deal gives you a Rex + 1250 credits. Holy crap. How many credits are Rex worth then?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Transferring to Hailol wouldn't change much, though. We'd still be on the same cluster.

Yeah but it's a symbolic thing

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Ninkobei posted:

I thought Rex were worth 1250 credits. I had no idea that deal gives you a Rex + 1250 credits. Holy crap. How many credits are Rex worth then?

This sounds to good to be true, can anyone confirm?

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
What level do you have to be to transfer servers? I just hit 15 with my bard thats in the guild.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ninkobei posted:

A REX is 1250 credits. You don't get any credits when you buy REX, you just get a thing that is usable to grant 1250 credits/2500 loyalty.

:10bux: either gets you a REX which you can sell for plat (1250 credits) or 1500 credits when you buy the $5 thing twice.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
I just made myself feel like a retard by running around Sanctum three times and then using Google to try to figure out how the gently caress to obtain the rest of the souls for my class. :negative: Evidently you just have all of them to start with.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Talkc posted:

What level do you have to be to transfer servers? I just hit 15 with my bard thats in the guild.

I think its level 15 so you should be fine.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

slogsdon posted:

Is Deepwood just closed at this point or something? I just got to 15 and want to transfer but it's not in the list.

If you send a nice email they'll transfer your characters for you. I just got two of my dudes from Seastone sent over to Deepwood and they were very nice about it. It only took a day or two from sending the email off to getting the transfers. They call it a one-time thing though so beware maybe!

On that note, can I get an invite for my ancient old dudes Zaltziver and Zebugle before the guild server transfer thing goes? I just transferred them!! :mad:

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
If I activated my SL Raptr key on the 11th, how many bag slots should I have?

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
In as playername: Con
Someone throw me a bone, please!

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Black Pants posted:

I just made myself feel like a retard by running around Sanctum three times and then using Google to try to figure out how the gently caress to obtain the rest of the souls for my class. :negative: Evidently you just have all of them to start with.

Don't look around for buying abilities, either: they are automatically trained as you level.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

necrotic posted:

Don't look around for buying abilities, either: they are automatically trained as you level.

Unless your character is bugged god. drat. Trion.

quote:

Despite the system currently in place, I hear that you're having trouble with your Thunderous Kick showing as having an upgrade, which cannot be trained. Our development team is aware of and working to address this issue, and we hope to have a fix in place soon!

As always, we appreciate that you discovered the issue and brought it to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions or concerns.

Translation: you're hosed and that goddamn button will be shiny forever.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Also, welcome back calling-specific trinkets:

While I am at it: Abu/Archons, this is a thing (parses ~1k under 61 pyro, has all the utility not overwritten by BM/Bard): http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcNzae0cI0zcocxqvAM0VRfbqzMM0s

And finally, warriors: GET AND LEARN BEASTMASTER

deimos fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 18, 2013

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

deimos posted:

Unless your character is bugged god. drat. Trion.

Translation: you're hosed and that goddamn button will be shiny forever.

I had that with Weapon Barrage for the longest time after they removed damage from interrupts (it fixed itself in one of the 2.1 hotfixes :iiam:). Fortunately, outside of a few fights in ID, I think sabdancer was the last time I really used BD in any meaningful manner, so it wasn't really something that bugged me.

deimos posted:

Yeah, I don't know if they actually did too much, but one of the things discussed a lot when GA was being made was doing a lot of multi-path trinkets, but they may have just done a lot of calling-specific ones :(.

e: oh hey, when did the forums go back to doing l-to-r parsing for smilies? I realized after I posted that the smilies + parentheses might gently caress up and was about to edit it when I saw it worked as I expected.

Daerc fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 18, 2013

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

deimos posted:

Why do you say that? I messed around with BM when Storm Legion launched and liked it but the lack of AE while leveling kinda stunk so I switched to the standard warlord build and have continued using that since I came back to check out the F2P. I was under the impression BM was pretty underwhelming in general compared to other souls though.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

BM is for raiding. It doesn't really have any use outside of that.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

deimos posted:

While I am at it: Abu/Archons, this is a thing (parses ~1k under 61 pyro, has all the utility not overwritten by BM/Bard): http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcNzae0cI0zcocxqvAM0VRfbqzMM0s

Those can't be final trinkets, one of them has dodge.
That would be like putting block on a 2 hander. Did that one ever get fixed?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm all transferred to Threesprings but will be working late tonight, if someone could shoot "Petzrawr" an invite at some point tonight I would be ever so appreciative!

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

deimos posted:

This is a build you run if you have someone providing the cast time reduction of Surging Flare and Burning Purpose, just sayin'

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

deimos posted:

Real warriors level as Beastmaster. :shepface:

Fried Sushi posted:

I was under the impression BM was pretty underwhelming in general compared to other souls though.

Minus being a buff-bot, it kinda is. At least for leveling purposes.

Misbiopy
Jun 13, 2010
Could use an invite for Misbiopy before this transfer thing happens, I guess?

Zeo
Oct 15, 2009
I'll give it a shot. ZeoFX in game.

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
All invited. Thanks!

Pillory Soft fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 19, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Fried Sushi posted:

Why do you say that? I messed around with BM when Storm Legion launched and liked it but the lack of AE while leveling kinda stunk so I switched to the standard warlord build and have continued using that since I came back to check out the F2P. I was under the impression BM was pretty underwhelming in general compared to other souls though.

He was referring to BM for raids.

deimos posted:

I have my BM build setup but I need some practice with the actual rotation. If we can run some x spurts I should be good to go after 2-3. Is the gear the same? IE CP > everything?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Fried Sushi posted:

Because of:

Rianeva posted:

BM is for raiding. It doesn't really have any use outside of that.

That. Apparently GA has some extremely tight DPS checks and one way you can maximize them is having a BM and a DPS Archon (a DPS archon that can pull 10-12K+ DPS).

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Kreczor posted:

I have my BM build setup but I need some practice with the actual rotation. If we can run some x spurts I should be good to go after 2-3. Is the gear the same? IE CP > everything?

Someone else can verify but yes, your primary concern is buffing the raid and debuffing the boss but other than that you're doing a DPS rotation.

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid
If I could get an invite for my alt Foghornleghorn, that'd be real swell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am going to download this again now that its free to play. I haven't played since it first came out. Did they nerf Saboteurs? Am I an annoying spam charges to win class still?

• Locked thread