Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Scott's Woody Allen Entourage bit is my favorite recurring bit and it doesn't get enough love. The Murphy Group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Politicalrancor posted:

Scott's Woody Allen Entourage bit is my favorite recurring bit and it doesn't get enough love. The Murphy Group.

"O-oh...oh yeah." Funny every single time.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.

Deadpool posted:

It was pretty great I thought. I'd like to see both of them back in the future.

I thought it was pretty awful :( Just sounds like 3 unfunny nerds in a room together all trying to one-up each other. I think they were too anxious to be guests or something. Then they start trying to do 'characters' and Scott tries to get them to end it quick and they just...keep...going.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

weinus posted:

I thought it was pretty awful :( Just sounds like 3 unfunny nerds in a room together all trying to one-up each other. I think they were too anxious to be guests or something. Then they start trying to do 'characters' and Scott tries to get them to end it quick and they just...keep...going.

That's not how I heard it. They went to break and came back in character, he was joking about not wanting to hear about who they are or what they came for.

I really liked this episode.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah I thought it was a solid episode. I had never heard of the guests before but I think they did pretty well, especially with this being their first time on the show.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Nice to hear Ted Levine break into the podcast circuit.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
For an episode where I knew neither of the guests, this one was pretty great, especially considering they were both new.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Nice to hear Ted Levine break into the podcast circuit.

I was trying to figure out who that voice reminded me of!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

This episode rules.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Hey, everyone who misses Bob Ducca should listen to the latest episode of Put Your Hands Together. Seth Morris does five minutes as Scott's best ex-stepdad. He hasn't missed a beat and maybe he'll show up on Comedy Bean Bag soon.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
I thought the new episode was really funny until they went into character. Their characters just didn't click for me.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
There are comedy fans who haven't heard of Taran Killam? But yeah, liked the episode a lot (although wish they'd done the whole thing as themselves).

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Taran Hourie Killam (born April 1, 1982) is an American actor and comedian best known for his television work on shows such as The Amanda Show, Scrubs, Wild 'N Out, MADtv, Stuck in the Suburbs and currently on Saturday Night Live. Just saying.

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
Killam played Paul Ryan in the SNL election sketches last year. That's mainly how I'd heard of him.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Killam is probably the most likely to become huge coming out of SNL. He's definitely been a stand out.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Killam is a good dude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPA3I7QeLE8

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

He's on SNL, of course most comedy fans haven't heard of him.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kdrudy posted:

He's on SNL, of course most comedy fans haven't heard of him.

Well hey, looks like we've got a real live comedian right here in this very thread!

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

soggybagel posted:

Killam is probably the most likely to become huge coming out of SNL. He's definitely been a stand out.

Now that Hader is gone, Killam is the best cast member, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBzG0CCAx4U

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

In honor of the passing of one of the greatest actors who ever lived, let's remember him with a hilarious quote from CBB.

“Every sex scene on HBO is reverse cowgirl, because it’s all flawed male protagonists, and you don’t want to look at them, and all hot girls with giant titties. So they’re like, ‘Let’s get this framed where boobs are, like, up and facing camera and a little bush and bouncing up and down, and down in the corner, Steve Buscemi.” - Andy Samberg

SMP
May 5, 2009

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

In honor of the passing of one of the greatest actors who ever lived, let's remember him with a hilarious quote from CBB.

“Every sex scene on HBO is reverse cowgirl, because it’s all flawed male protagonists, and you don’t want to look at them, and all hot girls with giant titties. So they’re like, ‘Let’s get this framed where boobs are, like, up and facing camera and a little bush and bouncing up and down, and down in the corner, Steve Buscemi.” - Andy Samberg

God drat you had me worried Steve Buscemi died and that Boardwalk Empire was hosed. It's James Gandolfini who died :smith:

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The way it's worded kinda makes it seem like Andy Samberg could've been the one who died, too.

The "one of the greatest actors who ever lived" part would've been weird if that were the case, but hey people got opinions.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Maybe a more apt tribute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUOTHucGQKA

Edit: Holy poo poo, remember the Twitter theme? Also Brett Gelman hasn't been on in a LONG time.

tnimark fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 20, 2013

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

He was sort of on that Jash episode.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
He's been banned so many times, I guess the last one finally stuck.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

tnimark posted:

Maybe a more apt tribute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUOTHucGQKA

Edit: Holy poo poo, remember the Twitter theme? Also Brett Gelman hasn't been on in a LONG time.

Oh my God I forgot how great Gelman's Gandolfini is. And hey, he was on the most recent Halloween show! He even did rapping (sort of not really) Gandolfini!

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

And hey, he was on the most recent Halloween show!
Haha I'm an idiot. Totally forgot about the Suicide House guys.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
drat the Halloween Freestyle Rap Contest was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18-KQ_wF2e8

"I don't think that was Stephen Hawking. I don't know who that guy was....but it wasn't Stephen Hawking."
"That was...Stephen Hawking..."

"Red Vines taste like WAX. THEY'RE WAX. If you like Red Vines...you don't know food."

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I've listened to that episode so many times I can't read this without hearing this in his exact intonations.

"And then dooooooooooooown in the corneeeeeer....Steve Buscemi!"
- "And it is always jarring in those sex scenes, where they pan across? Where you see like Paz De La Huerta and then you'll see Buscemis eyes and you're like WHOA! - Adam Pally

Goddamnit, they are way overdue for another Pally/Sandberg ep. It's a Sony Pictures Classic by now.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
That HBO thing is really true too, have noticed it so many times since that episode. Agreed that it's one of the best ever as well. Re-listening to the 20 person rap again and getting excited for this year's Halloween episode.

Kymera
Sep 6, 2006

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world

Kro-Bar posted:

I thought the new episode was really funny until they went into character. Their characters just didn't click for me.

I thought it was okay at first but then I stopped listening about 6 minutes after they went into character. It became painful to listen to for me. The characters just weren't interesting at all. It seemed like a very poor man's gil faizon and george st. geegland.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So i've been watching the Andy Daly Cactus Tony episode on youtube, and i realized I don't know the origin of the side by side. Which episode was it where he first mentioned them?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

ArtVandelay posted:

So i've been watching the Andy Daly Cactus Tony episode on youtube, and i realized I don't know the origin of the side by side. Which episode was it where he first mentioned them?

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/honorary-mayor-of-hollywood/

CHIP GARDNER!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm pretty sure it's #131 with Andy Daly as the hopefully future honorary Mayor of Hollywood.
e:fb

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007

Kymera posted:

I thought it was okay at first but then I stopped listening about 6 minutes after they went into character. It became painful to listen to for me. The characters just weren't interesting at all. It seemed like a very poor man's gil faizon and george st. geegland.

I thought the characters were fine. Like most characters on the show with a weak premise what saved them was Scott pushing them to go in weirder and stupider directions. I was actually like you and stopped listening halfway in because I was disinterested but then came back and there was some funny stuff in there. Like the part where Mark Johnson talks about how he had to get out of the calcium game so he put his gigantic containers of Calc Tabz on a barge and set it on fire. And the whole part where they finally talk about the band they're in and it turns out all 5 dudes in it play the bass guitar. I have to admit the part where they do "The Grill" was hilarious to me, especially in the context of their entire gimmick being a literal "Dad Rock" band.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Yesss. Thanks!

And on the Andy Daly note, I think of my favorite CBB moments is when Daly is Poet Laureate of the west, and Scott and Manzoukas start breaking character and try to give him an intervention. It's about 10 minutes of pure gold.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
My favorite and I'll still listen to bits of it when I'm bored is episode 99 where Don Dimello gets a full episode and its with Patton.

"I've been shot in the tummy Don."

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

soggybagel posted:

My favorite and I'll still listen to bits of it when I'm bored is episode 99 where Don Dimello gets a full episode and its with Patton.

"Can I control the ants?"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

soggybagel posted:

This episode is amazing, and I think it's the first episode of CBB I ever listened to. The part where Patton starts turning into Don is my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

ArtVandelay posted:

Yesss. Thanks!

And on the Andy Daly note, I think of my favorite CBB moments is when Daly is Poet Laureate of the west, and Scott and Manzoukas start breaking character and try to give him an intervention. It's about 10 minutes of pure gold.

Is that when they realize that almost all of Andy's characters are suicidal and they pretend it's a call for help?