Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Kreczor posted:

I have my BM build setup but I need some practice with the actual rotation. If we can run some x spurts I should be good to go after 2-3. Is the gear the same? IE CP > everything?
AFAIK CP > everything for DPS, but they upped the stats on crit gear so the margins are slimmer now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
For those returning, go ahead and /join Events if you want to see all the events happening in every zone.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Invites caught up to here.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Do addons disconnect you if there is an error? I just started trying to use addons this weekend and I'm not sure if the disconnects are because of them or just server instability. It's definitely strange getting kicked and nt being able to log back in until I disable addons.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Do addons disconnect you if there is an error? I just started trying to use addons this weekend and I'm not sure if the disconnects are because of them or just server instability. It's definitely strange getting kicked and nt being able to log back in until I disable addons.

I haven't heard anything like this, could have been a coincidence, what add on are you using?

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Couldn't get on to Deepwood, but have now transferred to ThreeSprings. Can a brother get an invite when you get moved over? Character name ElTigreChino.

Tuckleberry
Aug 30, 2009
Need an invite on Sadame

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

deimos posted:

While I am at it: Abu/Archons, this is a thing (parses ~1k under 61 pyro, has all the utility not overwritten by BM/Bard): http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcNzae0cI0zcocxqvAM0VRfbqzMM0s

And finally, warriors: GET AND LEARN BEASTMASTER

Yeah, if we had a BM consistently that would be a swell spec. Come on, warriors!

Zeo
Oct 15, 2009
Eh apparently I had an account already, character name is RedCell. Invite please.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

necrotic posted:

Yeah, if we had a BM consistently that would be a swell spec. Come on, warriors!

I. Am. Willing. To. Do. It.

I'm your most well-geared warrior outside of the core group (I think) give me attention!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

THE DEED IS DONE.

We are now on Three Springs shard. If you are in the guild, it will prompt you to follow us. If you are not, you can manually follow us. Everyone should be able to transfer to where we are now.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
http://rift.junkiesnation.com/2012/11/25/storm-legion-cleric-leveling-guide-the-energizer/

I'm using this spec to level my Cleric. I'm 26 and melting through the game, but pre-50 questing and IA's are pretty dull. Is there a faster way to level up? Is there power leveling in this game?

Montefarle
Apr 12, 2005
In as Montefarle, might i get an invite?

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

Remade Insanebaka as a Rogue. Looking for an invite back to the guild.

a glorious hole fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 19, 2013

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Can I get an invite on Throbbing?

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

get out posted:

http://rift.junkiesnation.com/2012/11/25/storm-legion-cleric-leveling-guide-the-energizer/

I'm using this spec to level my Cleric. I'm 26 and melting through the game, but pre-50 questing and IA's are pretty dull. Is there a faster way to level up? Is there power leveling in this game?

When you get to level 39+ look me up ingame (Bufus) and I will slay the dungeon Abyssal Precipice with you and anyone else level 39-49 for great exps and free loots. Also you will probably die a few times, it's ok!

As far as I can tell, in general, there is no penalty for grouping, helping someone kill something, being helped by someone to kill something, or just grouping with someone and autofollowing them while they destroy low level mobs for you.

edit: I think generally the fastest way to level is instant adventures with more than 2 people, pvp I hear is good exp but never pvped personally to confirm. Couple lower level people have told me that just rounding up tons of mobs to AE down out in the open world was comparable or better than instant adventures so if you can do that, try it!

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 19, 2013

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

mr. nobody posted:

When you get to level 39+ look me up ingame (Bufus) and I will slay the dungeon Abyssal Precipice with you and anyone else level 39-49 for great exps and free loots. Also you will probably die a few times, it's ok!

As far as I can tell, in general, there is no penalty for grouping, helping someone kill something, being helped by someone to kill something, or just grouping with someone and autofollowing them while they destroy low level mobs for you.

Will do! Thanks. IA's help it go quickly but I just want to be 50 already.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Also, if you have any exp potions, read the fine print carefully. Not sure about the new cash store ones, but old-school (prior to last week!) exp potions work best pre-50, after level 50 they only give a small bonus. So, if you have them, use them before level 50 when you know you're going to be slaying mostly constantly for an hour or two.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Apparently we are now PVP gods on the new server.

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

Moving to Three Springs. Will request in-game, but would like invites for my old main from launch (Shaniquah) and my new alt (Escadrop).

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
The Auction House now belongs to us. This server will be vacant to no one but goons by the end of the week.

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.
Are there any good opportunities of stuff to bring over to gouge the poo poo out of the pubbies with?

vibur
Apr 23, 2004
Would someone send invites to Lexelle, Lexella, and Lexilicious at the earliest opportunity?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Eltoasto posted:

If you are in the guild, it will prompt you to follow us.
All I got when I logged in on Deepwood was a notice that the guild had moved. At the Transfer screen, there was a little shield icon next to Threesprings with "Everything Is Fine" in the tooltip.

Also, according to the shard status webpage, Hailol has a queue right now! Good job choosing Threesprings! :buddy:

Tuckleberry
Aug 30, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

Apparently we are now PVP gods on the new server.
How are you pvp gods on a pve server?

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

Tuckleberry posted:

How are you pvp gods on a pve server?

How can one be a pvp god on a pvp server is probably a more accurate question. We are not - so pvp godhood is plausible. Mainly because most players in this battlegroup seem bad, that's all. Like worse than goons, which is an achievement in itself.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Krabkolash posted:

Are there any good opportunities of stuff to bring over to gouge the poo poo out of the pubbies with?

Fish. Bring fish.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Krabkolash posted:

Very very little spellspun silk for sale, all at 1p+ for a bolt (no cloth, only bolts up for sale)

Eflas
Sep 24, 2010
Would like an invite for Sildyne, just transferred!

delusive
Jul 12, 2007

meow meow MEOW MEOW MEOW MEROOOOO
Just started playing today, I'd love an invite for Bananacream.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

deimos posted:

While I am at it: Abu/Archons, this is a thing (parses ~1k under 61 pyro, has all the utility not overwritten by BM/Bard): http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcNzae0cI0zcocxqvAM0VRfbqzMM0s

I just messed around with this on a dummy. Holy poo poo. Definitely need beast masters all the time now.

President Evil
Oct 10, 2012
Could I please get another two invites:

Kalisie
Sxualhealing

Thanks

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
People should really start using mumble, there's a shitton of dudes online in chat and they're usually talking about stuff that goes over my head or that I can't concentrate on. I want to level with goons and it'd be nice to have some constant communication!

cage-free egghead fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 19, 2013

nollek
Jun 13, 2007

We speak for Earth
Only level 31 on my first character. Just got on and noticed I had to transfer. Had to change my name from Nog to Noggles. Let's do this. :chord:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Would appreciate an invite, I'm looking to start playing. REalized I forgot include my character name, it's also sarmhan.

Sarmhan fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 19, 2013

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

I've logged off for the night, but could I get an invite on Lyrelai and Wergald?

Maybe I'll even get on Mumble this weekend and listen to all kinds of insane rambly poo poo that I don't understand about endgame Rift! :v:

Sanaki is rolling along pretty well though, and will probably be the one I keep focusing on since Chloromancy is the poo poo.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
I got my 50 Cleric transferred. Invite Aberlour please. Now to level as Inq, and wish it was a good raid spec.

Goddimus
Nov 27, 2000

Could I get an invite on Briallyn?

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Haven't had a chance to play in a while, but have a subscription still valid.

My brother is thinking of playing Rift...if he goes FTP and I am a subscriber/patron, can I gift items to him from the marketplace etc?

I figured I would ask first before I get him all gung-ho about playing...would like to get him and his gf some pressies in game if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Can I get an invite as well. Got a mage named Hrolfgar on Threesprings.

• Locked thread