Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Spangly A posted:

do you understand the difference between a football stadium and a non-football stadium?

Ask Italians or anyone who's been to the Olympic if it's the same thing.

Yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_soccer_stadiums_in_the_United_States

It's a dumb argument from people that are trolling. There are plenty of stadiums available. I guess since we don't gather everyone in the country to piss in bags and lob them onto the field or start riots outside every game our stadiums don't count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vickser
Dec 27, 2012
Please, college stadiums don't count. They're old as gently caress, completely terrible, don't meet field length/width requirements, and don't have seats.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

vickser posted:

Please, college stadiums don't count. They're old as gently caress, completely terrible, don't meet field length/width requirements, and don't have seats.

FIFA regulations state that

All spectators should be seated. Seats must be individual, affixed to the structure and
comfortably shaped, with backrests of a minimum height of 30cm to provide support.

Changing the bench situation in stadiums is ridiculously minor issue of these stadiums lets be real. We wouldn't have to build anything new, just modify some small poo poo and its good to go.

The only real thing would be the field, and some kinds of turf are allowed. Swap some turf/grass in NFL stadiums, change out some bleachers to chairs and that should be it. All the TV/lights , hospitality, locker rooms etc is all fine. Parking/transportation are already established.

Don't use stadiums as an excuse to rail on America. At least try to make fun of us for something worthwhile.

Crunkjuice fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 18, 2013

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
And we're good. Pictures. of football.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

That's great. What the heck was the manager going on about for so long?

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Italian team went and trained on the beach today:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Any specific reason they're waving Estonian flags?

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
e: missed the modnote up the page

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

jyrka posted:

Any specific reason they're waving Estonian flags?

The team's colors are blue, white, and black. Probably found them in a shop and figured it was cheaper than getting some custom flag.

Here's a picture of our fancy new stadium, built specifically for soccer. I think it seats about 3000 now, but there are plans to expand to 18,500 as the Riverhounds' owners have ambitions of joining MLS within the next 10 years.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00CXOG8IO/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Amazon posted:

So, for the 35th time in 37 seasons, city failed to win anything. However, that shouldn't put you off buying this dvd, blues!

For just £12.95, you can reminisce at how this expensively assembled squad of mercenaries embarrassed English football in the Champions League for the second season running. Watch again as city somehow failed to amass one single victory, in a group which contained European powerhouses such as...erm...Ajax.

There's also another opportunity to watch Aston Villa's reserves annihilate city's first team in the League Cup in front of over 25,000 empty seats at Eastlands. Never fear, the crowd that night did still exceed the 3,007 (including away fans) who turned up for a competitive game at Maine Road as recently as 1998. I'm sure you'll agree that that alone is a moral trophy in itself, eh!

If that's not enough for you, you can again relieve how the Premier League's most expensive squad were comprehensively beaten by the likes of Sunderland, Southampton and Everton, and were inexplicably out of the title race by February! February! There are also extended highlights of the Manchester derby at Eastlands, where United played city off the park and beat them in the funniest way imaginable.

Then, of course, we have the season's crowning glory. That's right, city's epic run to the FA Cup final. No 'luck of the draw' for the blues here. city had to overcome the giants of Watford, Leeds United and Barnsley (all at home), before facing a relegated Wigan Athletic team in the final. Alas, it proved to be one hurdle too many for the plucky blues, who were outplayed and beaten in the final by a side who cost less than Gareth Barry. Still, the defeat did spare city the embarrassment of hosting another parade and the prospect of no one turning up for the third year running. Every cloud, eh?!

And there's more! Yep, just when you thought you couldn't take any more heartache and misery, on the same night that over 250,000 reds packed the streets of Manchester to celebrate Manchester's proper club lifting yet another trophy, the city hierarchy were sacking yet another manager! Yes, after having spent £300 million in just over three years and ending his final season without a trophy, Roberto the failure was finally sacked.

Oh yes, it's all here, blues. So tear yourself away from your sister for a moment, comb that moustache, throw on your best Matalan polo shirt and get your copy ordered today!

:stare:

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
"in a group which contained European powerhouses such as...erm...Ajax." is an incredibly stupid sentence.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

"Beaten by teams such as...Everton"

Like United.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
That was done by the Republik of Mancunia guy, definitely.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
City aren't the blues, United aren't the reds.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Hoops posted:

Yeah, those are both Cardiff

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

relative_q posted:

The team's colors are blue, white, and black. Probably found them in a shop and figured it was cheaper than getting some custom flag.

Here's a picture of our fancy new stadium, built specifically for soccer. I think it seats about 3000 now, but there are plans to expand to 18,500 as the Riverhounds' owners have ambitions of joining MLS within the next 10 years.

If you're going to show the 'Hounds stadium at least use a better view to show why it's awesome.

Like this.

I think it has a better view of the city than the Buccos stadium.

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

real_scud posted:

If you're going to show the 'Hounds stadium at least use a better view to show why it's awesome.

Like this.

I think it has a better view of the city than the Buccos stadium.

It really is a nice place to see a game. I think next year I'm gonna pony up for season tickets since they're so cheap.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Hoops posted:

pardon

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

The official record of the 1888/89 Football League, A.K.A. the first one ever. just FYI, if your club isn't listed here, it's a small tin pot club with no history, hope this helps.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Accrington Stanley? Who are they?

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Accrington Stanley? Who are they?

A different team to Accrington FC who competed in the first season of the football league.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

pisshead posted:

A different team to Accrington FC who competed in the first season of the football league.

I was trying to make a joke :argh:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So where are these clubs now?

1. Accrington - no longer exist. Their last game was a 12-0 defeat to Darwen on 14/1/1896.
2. Aston Villa - Premier League
3. Blackburn - Championship
4. Bolton Wanderers - Championship
5. Burnley - Championship
6. Derby County - Championship
7. Everton - Premier League
8. Notts County - League One
9. Preston North End - League One
10. Stoke - Eventually renamed Stoke City, Premier League
11. West Brom Albion - Premier League
12. Wolverhampton - League One

Only 4 of those teams are still in the top flight.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

I laughed :shobon:

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

EvilHawk posted:

I was trying to make a joke :argh:

exactly!

vickser
Dec 27, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

1. Accrington - no longer exist. Their last game was a 12-0 defeat to Darwen on 14/1/1896.

This was the last time Villa was in Europe too

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Villa has the same amount of champions league victories as the entire city of London.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vagabundo posted:

More amazing is that all of those clubs, save one, are still playing football, and none outside the Football League.

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
And that 9 of the 12 have been in the top flight in the last five years (I think Derby's amazing relegation season was five years ago.)

Not bad for a league that was formed 120-something years ago.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Isn't Everton actually the club that became Liverpool after they changed their name?

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Isn't Everton actually the club that became Liverpool after they changed their name?

No that club was founded in 1892.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

No. We played at Anfield and there was a dispute and so they created Liverpool football club so there'd be someone to play at Anfield.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Went to the BBC sport website and this was the first thing I saw. It's a guy in the crowd from the Japan v. Italy game.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Went to the BBC sport website and this was the first thing I saw. It's a guy in the crowd from the Japan v. Italy game.

Racist

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Brad Friedel did a little Q and A on reddit (an AMA), and the top question was

quote:

Brad, will an American goalkeeper with a full head of hair ever start again for the national team?

Friedel posted:

No, lol

And then the guy who posted the comment edited the question to say "Will Bale be at Spurs next season?" lol.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Ravel posted:

Brad Friedel did a little Q and A on reddit (an AMA), and the top question was

And then the guy who posted the comment edited the question to say "Will Bale be at Spurs next season?" lol.

thats pretty drat funny on both their parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It's OK, my mum's Japanese.

• Locked thread