Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

randyest posted:

Cake decorators are rarely the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I tend to think that this is more the result of people being idiots in "the what do you want written on your poo poo" box on a cake order form, and the decorators being dicks and taking it literally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

Bad Sneakers posted:

I tend to think that this is more the result of people being idiots in "the what do you want written on your poo poo" box on a cake order form, and the decorators being dicks and taking it literally.

Yes, I'm sure tons of people write the words "under neat that" into the box on a form.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Maybe it's the same person ordering lots of cakes, and just never learns.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Hey I got my own bad cake story. My brother and two cousins share a birthday so we got a cake with all of their names, Bryce, Alyssa and John. They only got one name right.

OK Some Butt Stuff
Jun 9, 2002

Liar Lyre posted:

Hey I got my own bad cake story. My brother and two cousins share a birthday so we got a cake with all of their names, Bryce, Alyssa and John. They only got one name right.

I'm suing you for my neck injury

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Liar Lyre posted:

Not only did they get the names wrong but they made the cake sideways!

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
All the icing is going to pool at the bottom. :(

Nice flowers though.

[edit] Are those bullet holes??

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Someone never had candles in their cake. Sad childhood?

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Liar Lyre posted:

I, too, always forget to take a picture before I start cutting.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

rodbeard posted:

Nope, the cookie and filling are essentially crisco sweetened with corn syrup and thickened with flour. The cookie just happens to have more flour.

I could have sworn they did, that being the reason they weren't kosher. It seems they changed that sometime in the 90s. And it seems that they do have both cocoa and chocolate in them, though they're pretty far down the ingredients list.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Ak Gara posted:

Nice flowers though.

Did you expect them to eat it alive?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Of course this is in Australia; seems to be something of a national pastime.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Bad Sneakers posted:

I prefer to think that there is a universal glitch in those job placement surveys you take in High School where if you put down that you have dyslexia it automatically recommends "Cake Decorator" as your ideal career choice.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

dijon du jour posted:

I prefer to think that there is a universal glitch in those job placement surveys you take in High School where if you put down that you have dyslexia it automatically recommends "Cake Decorator" as your ideal career choice.

I'd attribute it more to the general retardation and apathy of bakery workers as a whole, have you been in a Panera or supermarket deli section lately?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Minimum wage apathy + probably high as balls.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Liar Lyre posted:

How pissed were you your mom cut it before you could grab your camera?

veedubfreak posted:

Minimum wage apathy + probably high as balls.

Also to be totally fair I've worked at a lovely bakery and like half the people who wanted cakes just quickly said their order or mumbled it or whatever before paying and bailing without telling us how to spell the names and poo poo.

I mean yea I was high and didn't give a poo poo most of the time too, but they could have helped out a bit better :colbert:

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

tehloki posted:

Yes, I'm sure tons of people write the words "under neat that" into the box on a form.

I assume the "under neat"/"underneath" ones are phone orders, not written, because the person is trying to describe the physical layout. The color ones ("in green") are probably written and the decorator just wasn't paying attention, or the decorator messed it up but has to send it out and hope the customer doesn't complain because otherwise they'll get it trouble.

As for the "comguadulations under neat that on your weeding (in green)" that one was intentionally ordered to combine a bunch of frequent errors into a single cake (although I don't remember what the "E.T." references).

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

How pissed were you your mom cut it before you could grab your camera?

I hope someone got a picture of them angrily snapping the photo.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

:zombie:hiiitsss:zombie:
I'd imagine a lot of them are done by people who don't speak English, and write what is on the card verbatim.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Livingston posted:

I'd imagine a lot of them are done by people who don't speak English, and write what is on the card verbatim.

Good dog!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
I wish I had a picture but to add to cake chat, my best friend (whose name is Aja) had a cake ordered for her birthday over the phone.

I guess they figured 'j' sounded like 'h' because she received a cake that seemed incredibly surprised about her birthday because it read, "Happy Birthday AHA!"

We giggle about it to this day. And regret not getting pictures.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I assume you played "Take On Me" nonstop at the party after that?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not My Leg posted:

I assume the "under neat"/"underneath" ones are phone orders, not written, because the person is trying to describe the physical layout. The color ones ("in green") are probably written and the decorator just wasn't paying attention, or the decorator messed it up but has to send it out and hope the customer doesn't complain because otherwise they'll get it trouble.

As for the "comguadulations under neat that on your weeding (in green)" that one was intentionally ordered to combine a bunch of frequent errors into a single cake (although I don't remember what the "E.T." references).

Having worked in a bakery from the time I was 15 till I was 18, and decorated/wrote on my fair number of cakes, I can tell you that most mistakes were done intentionally. Because they are funny. And you usually don't get in trouble for screwing up the lettering because it seriously takes like 1 minute to fix...usually.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
I mean, even if they mess it up completely you still have a delicious treat for your birthday. It's not like it's going to taste worse because the bakery person couldn't spell your indigo child rear end name correctly.

When you think about it, the words are just the icing on the cake.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Yeah I could easily see a rude customer getting an intentionally literal cake.

The USB one was confusing me at first but I guess someone came in with a picture on a usb and just said "I want this on the cake in icing."

Jeff Goldblum IRL
Nov 29, 2006

The greatest trick Coyote ever pulled, was convincing the world that he exists.
If you enjoy bad cakes, definitely check out http://www.cakewrecks.com/ . I actually got my sister an "It a gril!" cake when my niece was born.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Ak Gara posted:

Nice flowers though.

They're speed holes, they make the cake go faster.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Come and get it! Come get your fresh public wine!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Bad Sneakers posted:

Well the one of the flash drive was them having a picture ON the flash drive they wanted put on the cake, but the decorator put a picture OF the flash drive instead. There's really only one way to point that finger.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Jamesman posted:

Well the one of the flash drive was them having a picture ON the flash drive they wanted put on the cake, but the decorator put a picture OF the flash drive instead. There's really only one way to point that finger.

Or some idiot just said "Here." when handing it to them.
"Oh, thanks. Huh, there's something like 200 photos on this. I really wish they didn't just throw this at me then leave."

Either way, if you just give that to someone and don't make explicitly clear what it is you want them to do with it (or that they understand what it is, the cake person was probably 80 or something) you're kind of opening the door to this. They were probably almost as stupid as the decorator.

Cakechat 2013: under neat.

Placid Marmot
Apr 28, 2013
Cross-posted from DnD pictures thread, the balance of military power in Europe, 1980:

http://i.imgur.com/ZJspA09.png
http://i.imgur.com/rurXuld.png

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Placid Marmot posted:

Cross-posted from DnD pictures thread, the balance of military power in Europe, 1980:

http://i.imgur.com/ZJspA09.png
http://i.imgur.com/rurXuld.png

France seems to be missing quite a few white flags.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Modern Day Hercules posted:

When you think about it, the words are just the icing on the cake.

:golfclap:

Unrelated, and only a couple of days late:

:smith:

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Powered Descent posted:

:golfclap:

Unrelated, and only a couple of days late:

:smith:

This is one of those times when giving things to orphans would be a bad thing.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Yahtzee is taking the summer gaming drought a bit too literally :smith:

:haw:

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

Did you expect them to eat it alive?

Oh god, this made my day.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

BaconAndBullets posted:

France seems to be missing quite a few white flags.

Gee, never heard that zinger before.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Now that's a name to be proud of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU