Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

ahmeni posted:

cripplingly lonely broken people will sleep with just about anybody given the opportunity

data point: nerd conventions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

:wom:

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

these kickstarters are a shitload of gently caress

agreed

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

This has been posted before, but:

quote:

Hey guys, do me a favor. Scroll to the bottom of this Kickstarter and report it. This book is the product of r/seduction on Reddit and it actively encourages non-consensual physical aggression towards women as a pick-up technique. It's loving disgusting.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tofutofu/above-the-game-a-guide-to-getting-awesome-with-wom

http://www.newstatesman.com/lifestyle/2013/06/kickstarting-manual-sexual-assault

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

yeah ok why not

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

reaction to it has been blowing up for a few hours, kinda seems at this point like kickstarter mustve made the decision to keep quiet and ride this one out

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

dimebag dinkman posted:

reaction to it has been blowing up for a few hours, kinda seems at this point like kickstarter mustve made the decision to keep quiet and ride this one out

A shameful kickstarter. I will think hard about giving them my money in the future.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
if kickstarter decides to clamp down on the pua book, they'll have to update their tos and that's something they don't want to without talking to legal counsel first

if they do nothing, gently caress 'em, but give them a chance first

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Heresiarch posted:

if kickstarter decides to clamp down on the pua book, they'll have to update their tos and that's something they don't want to without talking to legal counsel first

if they do nothing, gently caress 'em, but give them a chance first

my guess will be that kickstarter won't do anything for this particular campaign but once it's over they'll silently update their tos

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

i'd like to update my tos

some anti-stubbing would be good, maybe let them grip things like a gecko, just walk on ceilings, use this to tackle unaware puas before they strike

should make a kickstarter

Dec 26, 2012

Proteus4994 posted:

my guess will be that kickstarter won't do anything for this particular campaign but once it's over they'll silently update their tos

think they did something like this for the ouya so yeah most likely

theyre not gonna pass up their cut while its already a thing and making money

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

if it Becomes A Thing i can see kickstarter catching some real heat for it

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Balobam posted:

i'd like to update my tos

some anti-stubbing would be good, maybe let them grip things like a gecko, just walk on ceilings, use this to tackle unaware puas before they strike

should make a kickstarter

count me in. i could do with anti-stub

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

01011001 posted:

think they did something like this for the ouya so yeah most likely

theyre not gonna pass up their cut while its already a thing and making money

kickstarter's cut is like 5% right? that's less than a grand for them

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

THE HANGOVER PART IV LEVEL: Come party with me and my crew for a weekend in Las Vegas. Date flexible with your schedule. Also I will include 5 signed copies of the book, a digital copy, and your name/username in the book.

ugh partying with a crew of shitfucks in vegas of all places sounds like the worst weekend ever

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

also a better way to spend 5 grand would be to party without his stupid rape gang

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
finally i can pay $5000 to get date raped

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Proteus4994 posted:

nah they didn't do poo poo for that "send my daughter to RPG camp" scam artist

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Carthag posted:

THE HANGOVER PART IV LEVEL: Come party with me and my crew for a weekend in Las Vegas. Date flexible with your schedule. Also I will include 5 signed copies of the book, a digital copy, and your name/username in the book.

ugh partying with a crew of shitfucks in vegas of all places sounds like the worst weekend ever
just like in the hangover there will be a "wacky" mixup where everyone gets rohypnoled

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

mods namechange posted:

just like in the hangover there will be a "wacky" mixup where everyone gets rohypnoled

"wacky" "mixup"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Proteus4994 posted:

"wacky" "mixup"

officer, i bet you like to watch arrested development

funny story, yes she's mentally disabled but oh boy you're not gonna believe this

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

just a butt posted:

nah they didn't do poo poo for that "send my daughter to RPG camp" scam artist

was that really a scam or did people just get pissed off when they found out she's not poor

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

there was no evidence that she was scamming. just the monied elite perpetuating itself.

edit: by teaching its children the ways and means to amass capital and employ it for profit

Nomnom Cookie fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 20, 2013

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

:q:
http://pastebin.com/PJz3S17h

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

quote:

You deserve to have to have the uncomfortable conversation with your mom, your sister, your wife, your girlfriend, your daughter

lol, subtle

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

also he is charging extra for video chat or voice chat if you're outside the us, lol

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

holy piss

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

who posted that? cause man it would so goddamned amazing if that book was a honeypot and the author was the one who publicized all the names

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

isn't the full list of a kickstarter's backers always public?

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

Kickstarter posted:

Kickstarter reviews projects based on our guidelines and the information creators share on their project pages. It’s a process we’ve refined over four years and continue to refine daily. We strive for fair and thoughtful policies that maintain the health of the Kickstarter ecosystem.

This morning, material that a project creator posted on Reddit earlier this year was brought to our and the public’s attention just hours before the project’s deadline. Some of this material is abhorrent and inconsistent with our values as people and as an organization. Based on our current guidelines, however, the material on Reddit did not warrant the irreversible action of canceling the project.

As stewards of Kickstarter we sometimes have to make difficult decisions. We followed the discussion around the web today very closely. It led to a lot of internal discussion and will lead to a further review of our policies.

the irreversible action...

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

you won't find that statement on kickstarter's official blog or twitter feed btw, looks like they only shared it with news articles that approached them for comment

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

dimebag dinkman posted:

the irreversible action...

an irreversible action? so like a sexual assault directly caused by someone encouraged by this book that couldn't have happened without Kickstarter's involvement?

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
kickstarter unable to do anything about kickstarter project on kickstarter because of kickstarter's policies *horns.aiff*

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

penus de milo posted:

kickstarter unable to do anything about kickstarter project on kickstarter because of kickstarter's policies *horns.aiff*

they were worried about how they would be seen by the rapist community if they broke policy to stop the campaign.

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

Al! posted:

they were worried about how they would be seen by the rapist community if they broke policy to stop the campaign.

i think they prefer to be called the pick-up assailant community

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

DaTroof posted:

i think they prefer to be called the pick-up assailant community

date rape community

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

@ceejoyner on the twitter posted:

Pick up artists and garbage men should switch names.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

above the ro

hubris.height posted:

date rape community

above the roofie

but just barely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

guys i think i could make a shitload of money if i put up a kickstarter called surviving the game: a handbook for spotting, shutting down, and shaming pickup artists

• Locked thread