Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Fathis Munk posted:

Having MMORPG-OCD I still do them even if I barely get XP. Go figure why v:shobon:v

At least some heroics give you oranges and I'm a sucker for oranges.

Yea, I might just run through them anyway, since its my first character and it's really annoying me. It'll probably be fast anyway, and its decent credits. (This is me talking myself into it)

Edit: New page. :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Ditto if you're on Shadowlands but gently caress me sideways no one is on Shadowlands.

I'm on Shadowlands, republic side. Add Bellyn if you need something hit with a lightsaber in the mid 30s.

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

Unprofessional design critic

Fathis Munk posted:

That at least makes kinda sense. I had to check too at the beginning to make sure that I didn't need aim but only cunning.
Cunning and Aim as well as Strength and Willpower do gives bonuses to classes that use any of them as a mainstat. It's part of why getting willpower datacrons is viable for a Warrior/Knight and why the 10+ datacron is more valuable than people realize.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Kainser posted:

I'm pretty sure it's because voice acting is expensive.
Who told you that? Voice acting is dirt cheap. Even Bioware said it was cheap in their GDC talk. Poor voice actors =(

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
bit late to this but still.....

Hulk Smash! posted:

:smuggo:
Will also likely blow it all on useless cosmetic stuff.

Also have another approx 15 million credits across the rest of my alts. Made most of it through crafting. My armstech has made 10 million since 2.0 came out crafting level 55 augments.

If I put in 5-6 hours time crafting and gathering a week, I can easily net a couple of million credits. I usually can't be bothered though, so I'll only do it every couple of weeks.

I also estimate I've spent about 20 million credits on the GTN.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

JayJay posted:

I am a little bummed out having just realized that out-leveling side missions makes them give you no XP. I guess I did too many FP/Space dailies, cause I have to completely skip Tatooine side missions. Guess its time for an alt!

This is why I stopped doing WZ/FP/Space stuff. Gamer OCD makes me do all the story/planet content. :negative:

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

fiery_valkyrie posted:

If I put in 5-6 hours time crafting and gathering a week, I can easily net a couple of million credits. I usually can't be bothered though, so I'll only do it every couple of weeks.

That's about the total amount of time it takes to run all the dailies, which should net about 2mil/week. Lots of options to get rich, depending on your play style. Personally, I grind dailies if I need insta cash but otherwise stick with flipping cartel goods on the GTN. Once you know the market it's about 30min of effort per 1mil profit, give or take.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

fiery_valkyrie posted:

bit late to this but still.....

Also have another approx 15 million credits across the rest of my alts. Made most of it through crafting. My armstech has made 10 million since 2.0 came out crafting level 55 augments.

I also estimate I've spent about 20 million credits on the GTN.

How do you make that cash with armstech, specifically? I'm poor and my main has pretty high armstech.

Also, any chance someone from that's no goon can invite me? I'm just bumming around on a sith warrior named ianania.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

So I'm approaching the end of Act 1 with my Consular. I've finished Alderaan, and am being called back to Tython. Probably going to stop by Tatooine for Qyzen first though.

I seem to remember people saying that for the Consular Act 1 finale if you had followed up on the right dialogue beforehand, you can show up the boss guy by already knowing all about his plan. I'm worried I messed up somewhere because I didn't really learn anything from Sidonie - unless her 'he's in my head, influencing my actions' bit was a clue. Oh well, I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Also, I am in love with Forcequake. Bubble Qyzen, send him in, wait for mobs to bunch up, then commence with the THUD THUD THUD. :science:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

cat doter posted:

How do you make that cash with armstech, specifically? I'm poor and my main has pretty high armstech.

Advanced 28 augments, specifically overkill, accuracy and critical.

I do have some alts with slicing so I get some of my thermal regulators from them, but it's slow so I mostly buy them off the GTN. I long for the day when this game has COGS and amortised average costs on mats, but it will never happen so I keep a rough idea going in my head of what my margin will be.

Mythra and Turadium are free from scavenging (Hammer Station HM is good for this) and I only buy thermal regulators at $25k or less, so it costs me $100k to make an augment. I sell them for between $150k to $200k depending on how competitive the market is.

The upside to armstech is that those 3 augments are pretty popular and there aren't a lot of people who do armstech because of the rumour that you cant make any money that way.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ossipago posted:

That's about the total amount of time it takes to run all the dailies, which should net about 2mil/week. Lots of options to get rich, depending on your play style. Personally, I grind dailies if I need insta cash but otherwise stick with flipping cartel goods on the GTN. Once you know the market it's about 30min of effort per 1mil profit, give or take.

You're right, there are a tonne of options depending on your playstyle. I work in buying for a retail chain, so crafting and selling on the GTN is really enjoyable for me. I love tracking my cogs, calculating margins, purchasing mats low, selling crafted goods high, anticipating demand, developing a niche in the market.

The reason I dont flip much is because I'm far more successful at crafting than I am at flipping. I dont see a lot of people selling cartel stuff on my server for ridiculously low prices (although I dont spend a lot of time looking). I did find someone selling the Calo Nord jacket for $5k, which I bought and resold for $100k, but I've never seen some of the bargains that other people talked about earlier in the thread, like finding products for millions under their market price.

I rarely do dailies, although I do a lot of operations. I'd go crazy if dailies were my only way of making money. To each his own clearly....

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
How much money would it take to get my Armstech from 1 to 450? I've made a good 300-500K from flipping so far, but I've found that the only truly consistent money there is waiting for someone to post things at the GTN recommended sale price.

edit: I just realized it isn't that expensive.

Red Crown fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jun 19, 2013

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

WarLocke posted:

So I'm approaching the end of Act 1 with my Consular. I've finished Alderaan, and am being called back to Tython. Probably going to stop by Tatooine for Qyzen first though.

I seem to remember people saying that for the Consular Act 1 finale if you had followed up on the right dialogue beforehand, you can show up the boss guy by already knowing all about his plan. I'm worried I messed up somewhere because I didn't really learn anything from Sidonie - unless her 'he's in my head, influencing my actions' bit was a clue. Oh well, I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Also, I am in love with Forcequake. Bubble Qyzen, send him in, wait for mobs to bunch up, then commence with the THUD THUD THUD. :science:

In my game, I was able to tell Syo to start looking through the Jedi records for Parkanas during one of the Tatooine/Alderaan conversations, and he infodumped me before I went back to Tython about what happened. So when Parkanas popped out to give his speech, I was able to tell him that I knew everything that happened, what he did and why, etc.

How you liking the Consular storyline anyway? Alderaan was probably my favorite part of Act 1, so I'd be interested in hearing what you thought of it.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
How active is That's No Goon? I'm stuck on Shadowlands in a pub guild that tries to raid but they aren't doing a great job of it. I really enjoy this game, I just would like to play it with other people, and goon guilds have always been a lot of fun. I don't really care whether it's Imperial or Republic side, I'd just like to play with an active group of people.

If it's any incentive I plan on tanking and healing, and I know those roles are always in short supply.

Manxome Foe fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 19, 2013

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

bear is driving! posted:

How active is That's No Goon? I'm stuck on Shadowlands in a pub guild that tries to raid but they aren't doing a great job of it. I really enjoy this game, I just would like to play it with other people, and goon guilds have always been a lot of fun. I don't really care whether it's Imperial or Republic side, I'd just like to play with an active group of people.

If it's any incentive I plan on tanking and healing, and I know those roles are always in short supply.

I wish so badly you were on the Imp side. If you ever want to start a new char (I would probably be up for it too) friend me my main is Pijley

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Reasonably active, usually 10+ on at eastern prime time. We usually have 8-10 55s available at raid time, but we have a bunch of people that will be out until after the 4th so officially raiding is on hold until July 8th.

We usually only have a problem with having 8 55s show up, everyone has enough alts that roles can be filled. Are you planning on transferring two characters or leveling a 55? It seems like a good idea once character transfers open up is to transfer one for the legacy and then level a new class or something.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Reasonably active, usually 10+ on at eastern prime time. We usually have 8-10 55s available at raid time, but we have a bunch of people that will be out until after the 4th so officially raiding is on hold until July 8th.

We usually only have a problem with having 8 55s show up, everyone has enough alts that roles can be filled. Are you planning on transferring two characters or leveling a 55? It seems like a good idea once character transfers open up is to transfer one for the legacy and then level a new class or something.

That's my plan too, if I don't die of old age before char transfers pop. Would my somewhat geared (mostly purple 66) healer be more valuable than my totally geared (Kell/72's/69's/aug) DPS maur? Cause I'll bring over whatever will help the team most.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
I should have my Inquisitor/Healer (Xandura) 55 by the end of next weekend at the very latest, and I'll definitely be wanting to be active in grouping.

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

thermal regulators

Just going back a little, I do the same as fiery_valkyrie right down to the prices, but for thermal regulators I get them from Bountiful and Rich 450 Slicing Tech Parts missions - when they crit you get from 2-4 and you can always sell the blues (or vendor) - gives me a better profit margin but I just keep spending it on luxury crap so only got a few million over the alts.

And for an example of bonkers prices on Progenitor the Solus Secant that they took off the Cartel Market is listed for 10 million :(

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Annakie posted:

I should have my Inquisitor/Healer (Xandura) 55 by the end of next weekend at the very latest, and I'll definitely be wanting to be active in grouping.

Does anyone in TNG indulge in the occasional bout of PvP?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Does anyone in TNG indulge in the occasional bout of PvP?

Yes and as a sin tank I think you know which I'd prefer you pvp on. :getin:

DJDace
Mar 23, 2005
Professional Idiot - When to comes to stupid, we don't fuck around!

Team THEOLOGY posted:

I got a Razer Naga and I swear it has been more useful in this game then any other I have played. There are so many abilities.

Same here! My Naga really started to shine in SWTOR vs any other MMO I've played. I liked their product so much when it came time to replace my keyboard I bought a matching Razer blue LED back-lit keyboard to match the mouse :)

With my Tank-Spec Juggernaut I bound all of my tanking defensive abilities to 1-6 on mouse (Saber Ward, Invincible etc).

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

DJDace posted:

Same here! My Naga really started to shine in SWTOR vs any other MMO I've played. I liked their product so much when it came time to replace my keyboard I bought a matching Razer blue LED back-lit keyboard to match the mouse :)

With my Tank-Spec Juggernaut I bound all of my tanking defensive abilities to 1-6 on mouse (Saber Ward, Invincible etc).

Yeah I basically switched the buttons to num pad mode on the mouse and added a bar just to the right of the others, 4 rows of 3 so that it matches the mouse perfectly. Then I use the same "layout" on every char, which is to say equivalent skills are on the same button. It's such a boon.

Is there any way to easily see where to find some of the crafting mats ? I always have the same problem that my skill get "desynced" so that I get either too high level recipes for the mats I've gathered or, more commonly, that I get too high level mats for my recipes :smith:

DJDace
Mar 23, 2005
Professional Idiot - When to comes to stupid, we don't fuck around!

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah I basically switched the buttons to num pad mode on the mouse and added a bar just to the right of the others, 4 rows of 3 so that it matches the mouse perfectly. Then I use the same "layout" on every char, which is to say equivalent skills are on the same button. It's such a boon.

Is there any way to easily see where to find some of the crafting mats ? I always have the same problem that my skill get "desynced" so that I get either too high level recipes for the mats I've gathered or, more commonly, that I get too high level mats for my recipes :smith:

Yeah for my healer characters I use the Naga 1-12 buttons for healing and support abilities.

My Primary bar, I only use buttons 1-6 cause reaching any button past 6 on the keyboard is a pain in the rear end. Every other ability is bound to buttons surrounding WASD (I don't use Shift+, Cntl+ or Alt+ options).

Like, say on my Juggernaut - Q and E are bound to my two rage building attacks. T is Taunt, Y is AE Taunt, F is Force Charge, C is Smash, V is Saber Throw, G is Force Choke, H is Intercede, Tab is Crushing Blow, X is Force Push etc etc.

1 to 6 on my keyboard main bar are; 1 - Vicious Blow, 2 - Force Scream, 3 - Backhand, 4 - Vicious Throw, 5 - Retaliate and 6 is my Interrupt.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

So the new mercy kill mechanic in PVP provides some hilarious results.

We blitzed the first door and bridge, and triggered the mercy kill with only 6 people. :hellyeah: Countdown to nerf?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Warmachine posted:

We blitzed the first door and bridge, and triggered the mercy kill with only 6 people. :hellyeah: Countdown to nerf?

As a person who never really enjoyed small scale PvP, I have done I think only 2 WZ immediately after launch. Is PvP really enjoyable and worthwile ?

And while we're at it, what's the mercy killing thing ?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Ajax posted:

When I politely queried him with regards to his armor choice:

"Dude whatever."
"I'm sorry I don't know the loving TOR dress code"

:allears:
Makes me feel a little better about getting chewed out by someone for using a blaster rifle instead of a sniper rifle on my Sniper (I didn't have an orange sniper rifle I liked yet and didn't think there was any significant difference in damage output with the same mods). Though to be honest, said person was really uptight regardless. And he/she/it called me a "noobcake" sans any apparent irony, which made me feel kind of superior anyway.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Fathis Munk posted:

As a person who never really enjoyed small scale PvP, I have done I think only 2 WZ immediately after launch. Is PvP really enjoyable and worthwile ?

And while we're at it, what's the mercy killing thing ?
It's standard battleground stuff. It's all right. It's much better at the lower levels when the queue systems lumps you with other lower level people. As you get higher you run into the PVP geared people so it's tough to compete. I learned way too late about the saber trick to get around cap so I wasn't able to buy a full suit of PvP gear at the high level like some people, and that kind of sucked. I played an Operative most recently and Huttball was loving torture due to lack of a proper jump ability.

Mercy rule (just like sports) only really exists in Huttball I think? In Huttball I think you need a 5 point difference before mercy rule just ends the game. Maybe it's 6 or 7. The Void Star win condition (that screenshot) is basically whichever attacking team gets the furthest in Void Star, or completes it the fastest. Void Star rarely completes in my experience so basically it comes down whoever got the furthest. The Warzone will end in round 2 automatically once the round 2 attacking team passes the point where round 1 ended.

So for example: in entire 10 minutes of round 1, if the attacking team never made it passed the first gate, then in round 2 the attacking team only has to get passed the first gate before the Warzone declares a winner and ends it. Presumably if they never got passed the gate in round 1, it's probably because the other team is quite a bit better. So they end up winning round 2 in about a minute, and thus ending the warzone.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Warmachine posted:

Really only five, I mean come on Kalidore, fuuuuck.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

DJDace posted:

I just find it hard to justify paying 70$ for a mouse when 70$ could buy me some stuff I really need like clothes, food, dog meds, etc. I wonder if I could get a used on on ebay?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Rookersh posted:

In my game, I was able to tell Syo to start looking through the Jedi records for Parkanas during one of the Tatooine/Alderaan conversations, and he infodumped me before I went back to Tython about what happened. So when Parkanas popped out to give his speech, I was able to tell him that I knew everything that happened, what he did and why, etc.

I didn't get that. Instead when I was called back to Tython to see the Council they all told me that despite all the good I'd done we were no closer to finding Vivicar. My character immediately went full Sherlock Holmes and says "Actually, I know who it is. The connecting thread between all the suffering Masters is Parkanas Tark and Malachor 3. And the pattern of attacks is personal, as if it's revenge. Only a person consumed by pain and anger could do this. I believe Parkanas Tark is Lord Vivicar." :science:

quote:

How you liking the Consular storyline anyway? Alderaan was probably my favorite part of Act 1, so I'd be interested in hearing what you thought of it.

Yeah Alderaan was probably the high point of the Act, ignoring the climax stuff. Sidonie was so twisted in the head she almost sounded rational, and getting her to blurt out that she was inciting war in front of all those delegates followed by her just going Chernobyl was awesome. :suspense:

So in short I am loving the Consular story. It really feels like a Jedi story to me. It's not about what you can do as a Jedi, but about what a Jedi is.

e: The stuff that happens after all that seems pretty drat cool as well, my next step is to go to the Fortitude to see about convincing a bunch of star systems to not secede from the Republic. All in a day's work...

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 19, 2013

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Rascyc posted:

I played an Operative most recently and Huttball was loving torture due to lack of a proper jump ability.

Operatives/Scoundrels are great in Huttball now for grabbing the ball first due to the hilarious roll ability.

quote:

Mercy rule (just like sports) only really exists in Huttball I think? In Huttball I think you need a 5 point difference before mercy rule just ends the game. Maybe it's 6 or 7.

Whichever team first reaches 6 goals automatically wins, the margin doesn't matter.

quote:

The Void Star win condition (that screenshot) is basically whichever attacking team gets the furthest in Void Star, or completes it the fastest. Void Star rarely completes in my experience so basically it comes down whoever got the furthest. The Warzone will end in round 2 automatically once the round 2 attacking team passes the point where round 1 ended.

So for example: in entire 10 minutes of round 1, if the attacking team never made it passed the first gate, then in round 2 the attacking team only has to get passed the first gate before the Warzone declares a winner and ends it. Presumably if they never got passed the gate in round 1, it's probably because the other team is quite a bit better. So they end up winning round 2 in about a minute, and thus ending the warzone.

No, that mechanic has been there since the beginning and the screenshot shows the match ending in Round 1, so it's somethng new.

(Incidentally this is also why Voidstar is always where you see people grab medals records, because the winning team in those situations gets a ton of time bonus medals.)

kmzh fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 19, 2013

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Actually now that I think about it I haven't actually heard of a new mercy mechanic. Are you sure Kalidore didn't DC/leave and thus triggered an early warzone shutdown? A warzone aborts if either team has 5 or less people and doesn't get backfill within 30 seconds.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

kmzh posted:

Actually now that I think about it I haven't actually heard of a new mercy mechanic. Are you sure Kalidore didn't DC/leave and thus triggered an early warzone shutdown? A warzone aborts if either team has 5 or less people and doesn't get backfill within 30 seconds.

Possibly, though I could have sworn there was some conditions in the patch notes for ending matches early for 'steamrolling.'

And looking at it, yeah, it looks like Kalidor left. Oh well, still got credit.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yeah I was a little confused too. I've played like 50 games of Voidstar in the past week and I've never seen that, and I can't even imagine what logic would go into a Round 1 end. Has to be an abort.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

I think the main changes they made were to prevent backfilling in certain situations. Which could actually lead to more aborts in facerolls as people drop out.

CommonSensei
Apr 3, 2011

WarLocke posted:

So in short I am loving the Consular story. It really feels like a Jedi story to me. It's not about what you can do as a Jedi, but about what a Jedi is.

I ended up enjoying the Consular story more than I thought I would. I found that it starts out really slow then improves steadily. It was the only story where I actually liked Balmorra.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

CommonSensei posted:

I ended up enjoying the Consular story more than I thought I would. I found that it starts out really slow then improves steadily. It was the only story where I actually liked Balmorra.

Also Qyzen is my Space Bro for life.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Sigh you're gonna make me make yet another alt.

Is the jedi equivalent of the assassin fun to play ? I have a Sorc already and thus don't want to run the mirror class.

I'm also wondering whether to unlock the sith pure-blood race for this just to play a goodie two shoes jedi sith. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Fathis Munk posted:

Is the jedi equivalent of the assassin fun to play ? I have a Sorc already and thus don't want to run the mirror class.

Gameplay-wise it is literally a Sith Assassin with different names and animations for abilities.

I haven't actually played one since right after release but it's a stealthy tank and/or melee DPS class. Apparently makes a pretty good tank too, but it's very button clicky and proc-watchy compared to Juggernaught/Guardian.

• Locked thread