Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

My... posting...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

ijustam posted:

About a year ago I was browsing the humane society so that I could adopt some cats. I didn't want to adopt kittens, I wanted to adopt cats no one else would and give them a good home.

I found Furball and Banana's listing and adopted them practically same day. Their owners were an elderly couple who were going into assisted living due to the husband's dementia. Unfortunately, the home would not accept pets and they had to rehome their geriatric cats. Not wanting them to be homeless or separated, I adopted them (with much criticism from other people).

They were a hard sell. After I adopted them they both hid under the couch. I'd only see them when I'd enter the room and they'd scurry away. Banana didn't come out of his shell for about 2 weeks, and it took probably a month or two for him to really open up. I had to really work for his affection.

Banana has had some rough spots. He had a bout with pancreatitis late last year, in addition to being hyperthyridic. He started losing a lot of weight in March. He was 9.5 lbs in March and tipped the scale on Sunday at 6.1 lbs. Banana did not recover well from his urinary blockage on Sunday, and I decided he should go peacefully in my arms rather than in pain and stressed out.

RIP Banana
10/24/97 - 6/18/13

Late but RIP Banana

sorry to hear it but you made the right choice bro

Lemon Cello
Sep 2, 2011

you're posting...
Also late, RIP Banana. You were a great cat.
Edgar is big:

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

:ramsay:

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

ijustam posted:

About a year ago I was browsing the humane society so that I could adopt some cats. I didn't want to adopt kittens, I wanted to adopt cats no one else would and give them a good home.

I found Furball and Banana's listing and adopted them practically same day. Their owners were an elderly couple who were going into assisted living due to the husband's dementia. Unfortunately, the home would not accept pets and they had to rehome their geriatric cats. Not wanting them to be homeless or separated, I adopted them (with much criticism from other people).

They were a hard sell. After I adopted them they both hid under the couch. I'd only see them when I'd enter the room and they'd scurry away. Banana didn't come out of his shell for about 2 weeks, and it took probably a month or two for him to really open up. I had to really work for his affection.

Banana has had some rough spots. He had a bout with pancreatitis late last year, in addition to being hyperthyridic. He started losing a lot of weight in March. He was 9.5 lbs in March and tipped the scale on Sunday at 6.1 lbs. Banana did not recover well from his urinary blockage on Sunday, and I decided he should go peacefully in my arms rather than in pain and stressed out.

RIP Banana
10/24/97 - 6/18/13

I just wanna say, your post has convinced me that if i ever run out of cats i'm going to adopt old ones

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

tehloki posted:

i hate my loving voice

wow, me too

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lemon Cello posted:

Also late, RIP Banana. You were a great cat.
Edgar is big:

drat

loooooollllllllll

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
RIP banana.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

beatlegs posted:

if i ever run out of cats
by the time this happens it will be 2069 and we will be subserviant to the master mecha-cat race

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Cygni posted:

master mecha-cat

Mods do the needful

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

:zombie:hiiitsss:zombie:
huge cat came over again tonight, and i tried to get a pic to convey his size, but i don`t know how well it shows it. i apologize for my near nudity

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
nice andoird

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Xanthine
Nov 8, 2008

cat gender is a social construct

Livingston posted:

huge cat came over again tonight, and i tried to get a pic to convey his size, but i don`t know how well it shows it. i apologize for my near nudity

no apology necessary, great catte

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

oc was happy to see me today. excuse the dirty socks, i just got home from work

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

:zombie:hiiitsss:zombie:

beatlegs posted:

is the inside of OC`s mouth also spotted? a friend of mine has a spotted nosed orange cat, and his gums and all are all spotted too

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

get out

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Livingston posted:

is the inside of OC`s mouth also spotted? a friend of mine has a spotted nosed orange cat, and his gums and all are all spotted too

yep, his gums are spotted, his eyelids are mostly pigmented, and he has a few black whiskers here and there

e: actually you can see it in my av

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

beatlegs posted:

I love OC. There. I said it.

Xanthine
Nov 8, 2008

cat gender is a social construct

edit: gently caress yo tables i'm not timg'ing this poo poo its too cute

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yessssss give unto OC that which is OC's

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

is that a bitchin' camaro under the cover? i always wanted a 3rd gen one as a kid

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

im gonna guess fox body stang

also thats ocs whip

yeah its not technically "street legal" but keep it on the downlow

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

tearin rear end around town, lightin' up the tires when he sees female cats

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

88 Mazda RX7, for sale

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

:drat:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Daisy is enjoying all the sunshine lately, Igby is apathetic.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Lemon Cello
Sep 2, 2011

you're posting...
Man after weeks of no Thomas and Edgar pictures I got sent two today. It's like my birthday.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

guffaw!

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

this cat pic is my panacea

Headache? Sore throat? lovely day at work? Totaled your car?

Tara's got my back

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

beatlegs posted:

what is it with cattes and foot stank? come home from work, throw a sock on Nina, it's better than any catnip D8 could hope to conjure.
it's weird i'm finding socks all over the house in odd places socks shouldn't be

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Out of town for work, got a huge image dump of sleeping Hoke from my boyfriend. (remember he supposedly hates this cat)

Highlights:

Bonus blurry daisy

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

my 2nd favorite tara photo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

these are all simultaneously my favorite tara photo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

I'd boop that