Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

Here's something I've never seen before:

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3851897848.html

I'm not familiar with that builder, but Centurion used to make these out of (mostly diesel) F-350s. Lots of departments around here bought them as paramedic rigs or command cars.

I've always wanted one, but any time I've been in a position to buy something like that every one I've found has been overpriced and beat to poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

Another great example of how to sell your car.

1988 oldsmobile 98 regency - $1400 (northside)

I like the '$1200 at least' part. I'll take $1200 unless you try to talk me into accepting more for it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sinestro posted:

Gotta love how classy my local BMW owners are...

A green BMW? Where have I seen that before...

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

You've seen it in this post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3551752#post415942556

Because it's the exact same vehicle in the ad just in the cargame thread.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
is it bad that I like it?

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Holdbrooks posted:

is it bad that I like it?

It has an airbrushed mural of John Gotti. A man considered such a failure as a Don that the other families did not even send representatives to his funeral.

That car screams "There is no metric designed by God or Man at which I have not received a failing grade".

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

That's not just some rusty Ponton. I thought it was till I saw the "300" badge on the back. The shots are so poor it's hard to tell, but given the year reported it's likely the car a W189 300D. This is not the same lineage that brought the mass-produced five-cylinder turbodiesels of the late 70's and 80's, it is entirely different, it is a bespoke limousine. This car was replaced by the legendary 600, that is this car's lineage. The 300D in 1961 would have had the same fuel-injected motor as the famous "Gullwing" 300SL and if it's still got that motor in it, it's likely worth quite a bit just as a parts car.

John Cenas Jorts
Dec 21, 2012

Galler posted:

I like the '$1200 at least' part. I'll take $1200 unless you try to talk me into accepting more for it.

Found this on my local classifieds site

quote:

Checker Marathon for sale. New clutch, starter and many other parts. 3 sp manual trans. Floor Shift. 400 Chevy engine. Runs fair. Needs body work. Great project car or possible derby car. Rare Car!!! Glass is excellent. . Rust in front floor boards. If not sold, will be parted out. Needs exhaust and brake work. Will need to be hauled as there is no exhaust on it. Asking $850 for the car as is but willing to take up to $5000.

"I'll take $850, but sure, if you want to pay me more... No! I said no more than $5000!" :psyduck:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

John Cenas Jorts posted:

Found this on my local classifieds site

"I'll take $850, but sure, if you want to pay me more... No! I said no more than $5000!" :psyduck:

$850 just for a running 400 seems like a reasonable deal. It even comes with a car! Upgrade to a 4-speed and that would make a neat little cruiser with some freshening up.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/3876518513.html

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
who is making craigslist searches with "red 5" as the keyword exactly

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
Of course it's in Portland.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

trouser chili posted:

That's not just some rusty Ponton. I thought it was till I saw the "300" badge on the back. The shots are so poor it's hard to tell, but given the year reported it's likely the car a W189 300D. This is not the same lineage that brought the mass-produced five-cylinder turbodiesels of the late 70's and 80's, it is entirely different, it is a bespoke limousine. This car was replaced by the legendary 600, that is this car's lineage. The 300D in 1961 would have had the same fuel-injected motor as the famous "Gullwing" 300SL and if it's still got that motor in it, it's likely worth quite a bit just as a parts car.

Your are right about it. I just saw the rust, not the model.
And those parts are expensive.
Therefore, it is $80,000 away from being worth $50,000.

[Ya, the parts are probably worth the asking price, but that car is never going to be a show car]

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Those wings are gonna decapitate a pedestrian one day...

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
The ad says they fold in for traveling

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

The battle damage is a nice touch. I wonder if that was their clever way of disguising damage to the car, or if they did that on purpose?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

The battle damage is a nice touch. I wonder if that was their clever way of disguising damage to the car, or if they did that on purpose?

I'm guessing they bought it with that damage, given the "before" picture in the ad, and used a bit of creativity. Looks like they added some gee-gaws inside the hole to look all science-fiction-y, too.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

That battle damage looks like a bucket filled with pig rear end. They need to step into the Scale Modeling Thread and learn how to do it right.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

How could you not capture the most important picture?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Sir Tonk posted:

How could you not capture the most important picture?

May the goiter be with you. What the hell is up with his neck?

Owsla
Aug 31, 2003

Where are my bitches?

JaysonAych posted:

May the goiter be with you. What the hell is up with his neck?

He's getting a bib fortuna implant on the installment plan.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
:stonk:

"$25,000 invested"

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3838238862.html

quote:

1982 Cadillac Fleetwood for sale. Extras include:

*20k on new motor - Lunati voodoo cam - Chevy 350 with turbo 400 transmission.

*Custom driveline.

*$5000 into custom interior.

*$5000 into custom complete paint job.

*Custom vinyl top

*Full alarm system w/2 way paging.

*24" chrome rims.

*Pioneer 6" touchscreen DVD/CD Player.

*2 Kicker 15" woofers with Rockford T1001, 1000 watt sub amplifier.

*Comes with extra set of rims/tires - 14x7 Daytons with yellow powder coated spokes.

This is steal at this price. See it for yourself. No lowballers please. NO trades. Cash only! Thanks for looking.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.

I'm calling bullshit on the $20k motor. My family rebuilds and balances motors and for that kind of money you could setup a dragster. It would be an aluminum block, aluminum heads, custom pistons and rods, ported and polished intake, custom fuel injection system and custom compression and stroke. It would probably run off A/V gas or Alcohol. If you spent that much on the motor you would A: speak more about whats in it and why you chose that and B: post a picture of it. This is no drag car.

A custom chevy 350 is going to run you about $5000? tops. The cam is another $300 but it's not a miracle worker and a total waste of money for this application. There is no way that this guy is concerned with anything performance, only what looks good. As evidenced by the most non performance wheels and rubber available to mankind.

I would bet money that under the hood is a stock 500 that has never had the oil changed.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
There's no dollar sign next to 20k. It probably means 20,000 miles, not 20,000 dollars.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.

Lowclock posted:

There's no dollar sign next to 20k. It probably means 20,000 miles, not 20,000 dollars.

Welp. good point.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Hey look it's the last Lotus Elan!

Oh wait.

I love the logic in this post.

"150 HP same Hp as the Fiat Abarth also designed in Italy"

"More fun than a miata, shorter than a MR-2"

Red with pop-up headlights, so it can keep up with a Ferrari 355?

There's some joke about Ford Australia here but I don't want to be crucified.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

blk posted:

Hey look it's the last Lotus Elan!

Oh wait.

I love the logic in this post.

"150 HP same Hp as the Fiat Abarth also designed in Italy"

"More fun than a miata, shorter than a MR-2"

Red with pop-up headlights, so it can keep up with a Ferrari 355?

There's some joke about Ford Australia here but I don't want to be crucified.

It's terrible that I really want this, but I wouldn't pay that kind of money for one.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Based on the Mazda 323 chassis, designed in Italy.
Ford Australia mainly got the job to assemble them because they already had built Mazda 323s, (sold as Ford Laser, Ford Meteor here).
Not really Ford Au fault they weren't very good, they built what they were told to build.
edit; And nothing wrong with the 323 either. My girlfriends 323 lasted from 1982 to 2008 with only a starter motor, alternator and radiator replacement - all of them only needed doing between 2002-2008 - so 20 years without a break down and just maintenance work inbetween.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 20, 2013

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Solar Coaster posted:

:stonk:

"$25,000 invested"
"Invested" is almost always a great search keyword.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

I hope the last zero on the price is an accident, but something tells me it's not. Link here

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

This is going straight to best of craigslist:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/3882592788.html

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

son of a bitch, beaten by seconds. At least I got the entire image :colbert:

2000 Yamaha Razz - $50 (Bothell, WA)

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?

Negromancer posted:

That may be the single most amazing thing I have ever seen.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Close the thread, it doesn't get any better than this.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

Negromancer posted:

Well, time to quit the internet.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
That is easily the greatest ad I have ever seen on craigslist.

I don't know what to do anymore, I can't even bring myself to open my local craigslist in a new window. I just know that it will never be this good again.

edit

hahaha, the keywords

quote:

keywords: moped yamaha razz motorcycle glorious fantastic unicorn omg scooter 49cc 50cc

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 20, 2013

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

1991 DODGE STEALTH R/T TWIN TURBO - $2850 posted:

91 Dodge Stealth RT 5 speed stick shift, stage 2 clutch, rebuilt motor, upgraded braking system, needs catalyst converter. Very low miles, no lowballers, NO TEXTING PLEASE.

Quick! Somebody talk me out this.

DrPain fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 21, 2013

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

DrPain posted:

I don't know man, it's not sexy like, y'know, a yamaha razz.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

DrPain posted:

It's not only slow and handles poorly, but the interior is a sea of cheap looking rattly plastic. Fresh from the factory the 5 speed felt like you were stirring soup rather than changing gears.

Good enough? Yeah, I owned one for a brief time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Negromancer posted:

Hey Sockington, the bar has been lifted. You need to meet this.