Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Whoa, what does that @gtae modifier do? Can you seriously target ground spells like Circle of Oblivion automatically with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010
So is there some nice F2P guide how to get most bang for your ~euro~buck? Can i buy EU key and use it on US servers?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Kyrosiris posted:

Whoa, what does that @gtae modifier do? Can you seriously target ground spells like Circle of Oblivion automatically with that?

Looks like it. I never knew about this, and my life is about to change.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Kyrosiris posted:

It's new in 2.3, basically cast @gtae <spell> will cast ground targeted AOEs at your current target. Sabs, Inqs, Wardens and Mages REJOICE!

And I guess puri too :laugh:

Jethz
Sep 17, 2004

evilentity posted:

So is there some nice F2P guide how to get most bang for your ~euro~buck? Can i buy EU key and use it on US servers?

Yup, you can switch between and have characters on EU and US servers as you wish (but not transfer an existing character between the two).

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?
I've only been gushing over @gtae a million times since 2.3 and no one seems to understand the importance. It makes dominator a lot easier to use in pvp with terrain and the like causing the manual targetting to be messed up. It also works with targetted non-aoe things like the warrior leap. I don't know why they didn't add it to the notes, its a pretty big help.

On macros where I may not always have a target selected I put a line underneath the gtae part so it looks like:

cast @gtae spell
cast spell

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
So how long does it take a sperglord in charge to remove someone from the mute rank?

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Re: re: re: druidicar

It really works wonderfully as a lazy alternative to def/cab, even in SL.

This is what I have at 52: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#nd/DkF4kE8wF0/rt9gDG
At 60 I'll have: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#n8g/DkF4kE8wF0/rt9gDG

Buffs: Fury of the Fae, Spirit of Upheaval, Aid of the Forest, Trickster's Bluff, Armor of Devotion (at 52 with 2 points in Inquisitor), Righteous Mandate, Mien of Honor (at 22 Justicar which I'm pretty sure you'll have by 50).

Turn on all your druid buffs (the key being Spirit of Upheaval because it basically functions as a mini Soul Drain/Tyranny of Death on every AoE your pet does), put Righteous Mandate on your Greater Satyr Protector, pull poo poo with Vex, mash Even Justice. It's pretty much more unkillable than cab/def even, the pet heal plus Salvation do ridiculous healing, and if you're somehow in danger of death (you won't be) you have Strength of the Fae. Also its single target is not as lovely as cab/def (although it's still pretty mediocre).

Single target:
#show Combined Effort
suppressmacrofailures
cast Combined Effort
cast Sanction Heretic (only once you have 8 points in Inq)
cast Bolt of Radiance
cast Strike of Judgment
cast Vex

Maintain Vex (with a separate key), mash the macro. Keep Doctrine of Bliss keyed for absolute emergencies, hit Shield of Oak when pulling, use Grim Silence to pull casters into your pack, and you have Fae Step for teleporting fun.

It might be more DPS to take 6 more points in Justicar (in which you'd take 3/3 Dominance and 3/3 Just Cause) and use Hammer of Duty when you hit 7 Conviction, but it's a leveling spec and I don't care to math it out over Sanction Heretic.

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 20, 2013

JoeCool
Aug 15, 2009
Joining as Uguuu

JoeCool fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 20, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

RIFT 2.3 Hot Fix #6 - 06/20/13

GENERAL
* Purposes with Storm Legion souls can now be properly selected by players who own them! You may need to create a new character to see them.
* During character select, those that own Storm Legion souls can now select Purposes with those souls.
* The faction requirement on applying runes has been removed! In its place is a new system: runes that are Bound to Account can now only be applied to items that are Soulbound or Bound to Account.

RIFT STORE
* Fixed an issue that sometimes caused bag slot purchases to fail with an error saying that you didn’t have enough credits, when you actually did.

WORLD EVENT
* The Foundry Order quests no longer remove Bolts of Empyrean Silk upon completion.

DUNGEONS/INSTANCES

GOLEM FOUNDRY
* UV-315: Fixed situation where UV-315 would become stuck casting End Time.
* Manslaughter: Fixed a situation where Goo Shot & Rotary Cannon would not function if there were no targets in range.

HIVE KAAZ'GFUU: QUEEN'S GAMBIT
* Fixed an issue that could cause Inyr'Kta to reset partway through her fight.
* Awakened Golems will now respawn after the instance resets from inactivity.

ZONES

FREEMARCH
* Into the Ark: Now grants credit to all players in the immediate area, even if they're not grouped.
* Point Taken: Added a missing quest marker at Warden's Point.
* Reduced the number of quests needed for the Achievement "The Long March" from 95 to 88.

THE DENDROME
* Ragairn no longer drinks himself under the floor in Hailol, and should now be available for your daily questing.
* The Green Faerie’s location has been corrected on the map. The previous cartographer was told to go home, they're drunk.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

lsp posted:

I've only been gushing over @gtae a million times since 2.3 and no one seems to understand the importance.

For mages it's only really useful for Archon and Dominator. Maybe you are gushing over it with mages who never play those specs? Alternatively (and more likely) they are stupid.

I wish I'd seen this before... placing Lava Field is annoying as gently caress on some fights (like Artifex, the grating always hosed with it for me).

lsp posted:

On macros where I may not always have a target selected I put a line underneath the gtae part so it looks like:

cast @gtae spell
cast spell

I do this for most macro that uses any of the target modifiers. It's really nice to be able to use the same macro for quick `@mouseoverui` crap, or to let it pass-through my target if I just want that.

necrotic fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 20, 2013

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.
So I have apothecary around 225 on my cleric (haven't played in about a year), will it be worth it in terms of utility/money making to level it to 300? I imagine the dye market has become less profitable with the advent of all these cosmetic items.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Stoop Kid posted:

So I have apothecary around 225 on my cleric (haven't played in about a year), will it be worth it in terms of utility/money making to level it to 300? I imagine the dye market has become less profitable with the advent of all these cosmetic items.

375 is the new cap, but apoth is easy to level if I remember right. Also, apoth makes healing/mana potions and buff vials for endgame. It can always make money.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
How does only taking gathering professions and selling stacks of raw materials work out? I've never touched crafting yet in this game.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

necrotic posted:

For mages it's only really useful for Archon and Dominator. Maybe you are gushing over it with mages who never play those specs? Alternatively (and more likely) they are stupid.

Look at this pyro noob.

Also:

quote:

Manslaughter: Fixed a situation where Goo Shot & Rotary Cannon would not function if there were no targets in range.
:ohdear:

deimos fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 20, 2013

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

deimos posted:

Look at this pyro noob.

Also:

:ohdear:

Seriously, how did I miss this poo poo? I read patch notes and everything, but apparently not very well. Gonna spend like 10 minutes later tonight making macros for all my dom/pyro/archon poo poo then live the high life. :getin:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

How does only taking gathering professions and selling stacks of raw materials work out? I've never touched crafting yet in this game.

Works just great.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Eltoasto posted:

Works just great.

Awesome I'm glad this is one of those games. Sometimes you never make any money doing that.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Bussamove posted:

Seriously, how did I miss this poo poo? I read patch notes and everything, but apparently not very well. Gonna spend like 10 minutes later tonight making macros for all my dom/pyro/archon poo poo then live the high life. :getin:

It was a stealth thing, it wasn't in any patch note afaik. I know about it because of Amory and it's started popping up on guides recently (as evidenced above).

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

necrotic posted:

I wish I'd seen this before... placing Lava Field is annoying as gently caress on some fights (like Artifex, the grating always hosed with it for me).

I do this for most macro that uses any of the target modifiers. It's really nice to be able to use the same macro for quick `@mouseoverui` crap, or to let it pass-through my target if I just want that.

It has also streamlined Stormcaller really well, as streamlined as it can be currently that is. I had been using it on trash in FT and it was competing with the Champions and a tiny behind tacts! The upcoming changes should make it better too :toot:

Edit: Its very useful for backdraft (This is a dps gain in a single-target rotation for pyro, it serves as a filler between instant fireballs) as well as recasting firestorm whenever we use it... On that note, the pts pyro changes include combust increasing firestorm damage by 10% per stack.

Here's the current collection of Mage changes in testing on the pts:

quote:

Archon - Rising Vengeance now also increases all non-Archon damage by 2/4/6/8/10%.
Archon - Archon’s Bulwark now also increases Endurance by 100. It no longer stacks with Searing Vitality.
Archon - Increased the damage of Patron’s Rage.
Dominator – Fixed an issue preventing ranks 7 – 13 of Mass Charged Shield from dealing their correct damage.
Dominator - Lightning Wall now costs a flat 60 Charge instead of draining Charge while active.
Elementalist - Elemental Link now increases the Mage’s damage by 1/2/3/4/5% instead of reducing the damage they take. The rest of the talent is unchanged.
Elementalist - Cycle of Earth, Cycle of Fire, Cycle of Air, and Cycle of Water now provide a 7/15% increase to their appropriate damage types.
Harbinger - Luminous Weapon now causes melee attacks to deal additional Life damage to up to 5 enemies. Lasts 1h.
Harbinger - Blademark now reduces the Mage’s damage by 10%. Down from 30%.
Harbinger - Abilities granted by Empyrean Ascension now count as Slashing attacks.
Harbinger - Jagged Blades now increases damage from Lightning Blade and Reaper’s Blade by 20/40%. Up from 15/30%.
Harbinger - Lightning Blade and Reaper’s Blade now receive benefit from effects that increase damage. Previously they only received bonuses from effects specifically referencing them.
Necromancer - Symbiote now also causes Essence Link to increase the damage taken by the affected enemy, from you and your pet, by 2/4%.
Necromancer - Corpse Explosion can now stack up to 3 times.
Necromancer - Deathly Collusion now causes stacks of Deathly Calling to increase all of your damage on the affected enemy instead of only Death damage.
Necromancer - Fresh Graves now also increases your Spell Power by 1/2/3/4/5%.
Necromancer - Every 2nd Scourge Bolt from the Shadow Revenant pet now applies a stack of Deathly Calling.
Necromancer - Corpse Talon now receives a 15% damage bonus from each stack of your pets Deathly Calling on the enemy. Up from 10%.
Necromancer - Reduced the cooldown of Grave Rot to 6 seconds.
Pyromancer - Ignition now decreases the cast time of your Fire spells by 4/8/12/16/20% and all other spells by 1/2/3/4/5%. Reduces the mana cost of non-instant Fire spells by 4/8/12/16/20%. Increases the range of non-melee damaging abilities by 1/2/3/4/5 meters. Increased range does not stack with the range increase from the Dominator's Mental Fortitude.
Pyromancer - Improved Fireball has been renamed Improved Bolt and now affects all Primary Bolt abilities instead of only Fireball.
Pyromancer - Combust now increases the Fire Storm damage by 10% per stack.
Pyromancer - Burning Fury now deals damage when the caster critically hits with single target damaging ability. This can occur up to once every 1.5 seconds.
Stormcaller - Cold Weather Training now also reduces the cast time of non-Water abilities by 1/2/3/4/5%, and reduces the mana cost of non-instant Water abilities by 4/8/12/16/20%.
Stormcaller - Static Flux now increases all damage.
Stormcaller - Arctic Chill now also causes the snare effect from Arctic Blast, Eye of the Storm, Hailstorm, Icy Vortex and Wind Chill to deal Water damage each second based on your Spell Power, while the enemy is moving.
Stormcaller - Increased damage of Lightning Arc.
Stormcaller - Pouring Rain now resets the cooldown on all Stormcaller abilities. Increased the cooldown to 2 minutes. Moved Pouring Rain to the 40 point root ability.
Stormcaller - Electric Charge has been moved into the soul tree into Pouring Rain’s previous location. It requires 35 points spent in Stormcaller to unlock.
Stormcaller - Perfect Conditions now also reduces the global cooldown of Air and Water spells to 1.33/1.17/1 seconds and reduces the mana cost of instant Air and Water spells by 11/22/33%.
Stormcaller - Tempest Armor no longer provides a global cooldown reduction to Water spells.
Warlock - Neddra’s Torture now has an 8 second duration and cooldown.
Warlock - Expanded Contagion now gives your Radiate Death a 33/66/100% chance to spread Life Leech, Atrophy, Necrosis, Combust, Electrified and Deathly Calling.
Warlock - Lingering Pain now gives Primary Bolt abilities a chance to refresh Life Leech instead of only Void Bolt.
Warlock - Conflux no longer consumes DoTs on cast. Increased the cooldown of Conflux to 45 seconds.

and then yesterday Kervik posted this:

quote:

Have some more updates for you on things heading out to PTS.
Burning Fury - Trying out having this as a flat crit chance increase. 2/4/6%.
Conflux - Changing this to be a 10 second debuff that deals damage each time a Death based DoT is applied to the enemy. Still has a 45s cooldown.
Dark Armor/Warlock Armor - These armors now also increase DoT damage by 5%.

One thing I want to mention regarding the change to Burning Fury is you won't be seeing the crit from it spread back out throughout the tree. One of the goals of this change was to reduce the value of crit power for Mages. As much as it sucks, there is going to be at least some shift in gear values and stat weights.

lsp fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 20, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Uhhh, that looks like a huge boost to harbinger. And looks like they are giving life to pyrolock hybrids.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Uhhh, that looks like a huge boost to harbinger. And looks like they are giving life to pyrolock hybrids.

Yeah stampy, some parses say about 10% increase. Pyroharb is still dead from what people have been testing, but there is hope in the SC/Harb spec! This was incredibly fun in beta, but they nerfed it since it was a bit crazy. If that spec is viable again, I would not be surprised if mages actually wanted to be in melee again :dance:

Johnson79
Sep 4, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

* The faction requirement on applying runes has been removed! In its place is a new system: runes that are Bound to Account can now only be applied to items that are Soulbound or Bound to Account.

So basically this means I can buy the Glorified runes from the store with credits and put them on my gear without needing the faction requirements now? Pretty drat happy if this is the case.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Johnson79 posted:

So basically this means I can buy the Glorified runes from the store with credits and put them on my gear without needing the faction requirements now? Pretty drat happy if this is the case.

You can't buy them from the store without the faction.

lsp posted:

and then yesterday Kervik posted this:

I am so glad that Kervik is looking at his class with the most anemic DPS.

deimos fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 20, 2013

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

deimos posted:

You can't buy them from the store without the faction.

I am so glad that Kervik is looking at his class with the most anemic DPS.

Elrar and Kervik himself both stated that Cleric dps was getting looked at next, patience

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

lsp posted:

Elrar and Kervik himself both stated that Cleric dps was getting looked at next, patience

Ten days ago, in fact.

quote:

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you all know you haven't been forgotten. As you may have noticed, there is a pass going on for Mages at the moment. Once that pass is finished, or at least further along, I'll be focusing my attention back on Clerics to work on getting some improvements out to you all.

To my knowledge, Clerics have never been so bad off that they're just outright sat (except amongst world-first chasers, maybe?), so I would not be horrifically worried.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

RIFT 2.3 Hot Fix #6 - 06/20/13

GENERAL
* Purposes with Storm Legion souls can now be properly selected by players who own them! You may need to create a new character to see them.
* During character select, those that own Storm Legion souls can now select Purposes with those souls.

RIFT STORE
* Fixed an issue that sometimes caused bag slot purchases to fail with an error saying that you didn’t have enough credits, when you actually did.

WORLD EVENT
* The Foundry Order quests no longer remove Bolts of Empyrean Silk upon completion.

DUNGEONS/INSTANCES

GOLEM FOUNDRY
* UV-315: Fixed situation where UV-315 would become stuck casting End Time.
* Manslaughter: Fixed a situation where Goo Shot & Rotary Cannon would not function if there were no targets in range.

HIVE KAAZ'GFUU: QUEEN'S GAMBIT
* Fixed an issue that could cause Inyr'Kta to reset partway through her fight.
* Awakened Golems will now respawn after the instance resets from inactivity.

ZONES

FREEMARCH
* Into the Ark: Now grants credit to all players in the immediate area, even if they're not grouped.
* Point Taken: Added a missing quest marker at Warden's Point.
* Reduced the number of quests needed for the Achievement "The Long March" from 95 to 88.

THE DENDROME
* Ragairn no longer drinks himself under the floor in Hailol, and should now be available for your daily questing.
* The Green Faerie’s location has been corrected on the map. The previous cartographer was told to go home, they're drunk.

loving finally with the Into the Ark change. Trying to start a new Defiant on Hailol was pretty much a pain in the rear end with the huge blobs of newbies around the device.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

deimos posted:

Look at this pyro noob.

I'm learning, at least. I was a pretty consistent 14k last night, which is new for me.

lsp posted:

Hot drat those look like some pretty good changes.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

To my knowledge, Clerics have never been so bad off that they're just outright sat (except amongst world-first chasers, maybe?), so I would not be horrifically worried.

Clerics have been the lowest ranged DPS since SL launch (and since forever before that). If history is any indicator right after a cleric buff that brings them within 5% of other classes the other classes get a further buff and quickly peel away from cleric.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Xodi may be coming back to this game.

Also we found this.

Skylined, you need to ask him some things.

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
So, I'm playing the F2P version of this game and enjoying it reasonably enough for being low level and not knowing what the crap I'm doing. I just found out that you need loyalty points to access the AH, and am feeling the hurt of only having two bag slots already. Looking at the shop it seems like it would be cheaper to just buy the original game if I can get upgrades through that. Does this make sense, or am I missing something? Because it's $10 to download on Amazon and I've heard it comes with bag slots and the like, is this true? Also, can I link it to my previous account to upgrade it, or will I need a new one? Thanks for any help :)

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Gejimayu posted:

I just found out that you need loyalty points to access the AH
Verify your e-mail address.

Xodi
May 20, 2004

Xodi is.. alien dinosaur? wtf?! (thanks OMG ITZ JAMES)
Apparently I am a loving pony(?), can't have the name Xodi on Threespring, or anything of that nature but I am in as Groke. Oh God. Why am I doing this again?

p.s. give me all the loot

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

anthonypants posted:

Verify your e-mail address.

That does not appear to work anymore, theres a stickied post on the forums that indicates that this is a deliberate thing, and that you either have to have already had time on rift, or buy any amount of points.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Gejimayu posted:

Looking at the shop it seems like it would be cheaper to just buy the original game if I can get upgrades through that.

You can't.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Third World Reggin posted:

Xodi may be coming back to this game.

He's in gchat right now so I guess that means he's back?

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
I played with Goonsquad like a year ago on Deepwood, figured i'd come back and see what the expansion was like. In as Punchjunk.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Holy poo poo my whole raid just disconnected. You guys having trouble too?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Insane lag spikes wherever I went tonight. Finally tried an Iron Tombs run and just kept lagging out or having multiple party members do so. Eventually gave up after the second boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Rianeva posted:

Holy poo poo my whole raid just disconnected. You guys having trouble too?

Half my WF was offline, then I was offline, apparently with the other half. Constant disconnects and huge load in times.

I think Rift has officially been crushed by it's own massive success, at least, I hope.

• Locked thread