Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Fucknag posted:

Pfft lookit this chump what ain't got a notifier on his phone.
Lookit this chump that doesn't set his Google Glass homepage to em-ess-paintadventures dot com and run a script to auto-refresh once a minute so he can be constantly abreast of the situation updatewise.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
How do you get the notifier working on a phone?

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
If you don't have a young Cambodian boy, you kidnapped several years ago before they were fashionable, dressed as a Butler keeping you up to date with Homestuck then you really aren't a fan.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

YggiDee posted:

I'd like to know, too. I'm not sure my phone is compatible.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Cat Mattress posted:

I'd like to know, too. I'm not sure my phone is compatible.

At least you aren't missing the rotary dial and receiver cord.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

YggiDee posted:

There's an app called MSPA Barker for android. They took it off the play store a while ago, but 1Mobile Market still has it.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Popo posted:

If you don't have a young Cambodian boy, you kidnapped several years ago before they were fashionable, dressed as a Butler keeping you up to date with Homestuck then you really aren't a fan.

I ate a computer and now I just know.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
It turns out, the true powers of a Seer of Doom are precognition of the events of Homestuck, when each update will happen, and the fan reaction to every update.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

When we last saw John was he still zip zapping around in time?

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

When we last saw John was he still zip zapping around in time?

He landed on LOMAX, and stayed there long enough to play solitaire and see the meteor crew get warped in by Jade. Cut to hiatus and then an undefined time skip.

So while he stayed on LOMAX for a while, there's no indication that his teleportitis was cured.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Miracon posted:

So while he stayed on LOMAX for a while, there's no indication that his teleportitis was cured.

I seriously think Jade booted him hard enough in the head to knock him out of alignment again.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I'd be kind of amazed if it turns out that John making the Sburb logo in cards turns out to have been relevant. Like the act of making it created the artifact that was used by/will be used against Lord English.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Happy unhiatus, everyone!

To get back in the swing of Homestuck things, have A Music.

Bloodhound

I decided to do something different, so I did something for the recent updates where Jade's trying to smell down John. In Homestuck and Homestuck music, John is usually represented by a piano, so I had the piano melody jump between the left and right channels, to give the impression of him hiding his scent. Did it work? Probably not. Have it anyway.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Don't do it, Dave! Though I guess he doesn't have much of a choice.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
So is John zapping around the place, or is he windy thing-ing around? The visual effects aren't being that consistent, and I don't know if they're supposed to be that way or not.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Man, I was really hoping Dave would do the Timey Thing and go back so he could have at least a little more time chatting with John. :unsmith:

frozentreasure posted:

So is John zapping around the place, or is he windy thing-ing around? The visual effects aren't being that consistent, and I don't know if they're supposed to be that way or not.

I think the idea is he's turning himself into a bunch of different winds and flitting about the planets before popping back together momentarily just to say hi to friends, but it could be a combination of the two abilities.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Guessing both are happening at once. I like how John is essentially evading Jade by going outside the panels, which is, like, the one place she can't reach.

drat, does Dave need a friend right now. And all he's getting is the evil version of Jade. Poor Dave. :(

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I know I'd buy a bottle of eau d'egbert. :allears:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

RandallODim posted:

I think the idea is he's turning himself into a bunch of different winds and flitting about the planets before popping back together momentarily just to say hi to friends, but it could be a combination of the two abilities.

Yeah, I kinda like the idea that after coming unstuck in time for a while he got accustomed to the principles of teleportation and incorporated them into his own powers. He's windywarped before -- during his dreamfight with Jack Noir, as you may recall -- but we haven't seen him do anything over this great a distance yet.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

quote:

DAVE: i keep my apparment misted with his odor at all times
DAVE: essence d'egbert
How did we ever survive any period of this comic without Dave.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

Yeah, I kinda like the idea that after coming unstuck in time for a while he got accustomed to the principles of teleportation and incorporated them into his own powers. He's windywarped before -- during his dreamfight with Jack Noir, as you may recall -- but we haven't seen him do anything over this great a distance yet.

I imagine it's incredibly tough for Jade to counter too, she can track Roxy when she's invisible, but she can't really do the same when John is literally the air around her.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Well, this does suggest John is purposely evading Jade. Which, you know, was kind of up in the air before what with the whole zapping around the comic canon deal left hanging in the breeze.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

loquacius posted:

He's learned windstant transmission.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I have to wonder with this why Jade is so eager to catch up with John at all. I imagine Condesce has plans for him like she does for everyone else, but why is Jade rushing to get him especially? She pretty much shows up only seconds after he manages to vanish away. He can't even say more than a few sentences without needing to get away. My only guess is that Condesce is somehow aware that John has come into contact with the JuJu that is said to be able to defeat Lord English and, given it's a top priority for her to be free from LE, she wants to enlist him forcibly in that task.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I like how Evil Jade is still so... Jade. Only with, like someone said earlier, the "evil" switch flipped ON. It's something we rarely see in "corrupted" characters, but she still feels threatening, maybe more so.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
For some reason I've started reading grimbark Jade's voice as if she's trying to do a gravelly Christian Bale Batman voice to intimidate her friends and failing miserably.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Well Manicured Man posted:

For some reason I've started reading grimbark Jade's voice as if she's trying to do a gravelly Christian Bale Batman voice to intimidate her friends and failing miserably.

She's trying to make it sound ruff.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Well Manicured Man posted:

I kind of imagine her as putting on one of those Dracula-ish accents.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Dorroile posted:

I kind of imagine her as putting on one of those Dracula-ish accents.

I was kind of reading it like she wanted to do a Wicked Witch voice.

Tunicate posted:

She's trying to make it sound ruff.

Get out.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I don't like Evil Jade. :saddowns:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsIqEq9OFxE

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
For god's sake, Jade is pure terrifying dog evil right now, how is she still so goddamn cute?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I don't like Evil Jade. :saddowns:

Really? I'm loving Evil Jade. :allears:

She's basically Bec Noir, only as Jade.

Hasn't changed a bit, aside from being evil now. I love it.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I think this exchange here might shed some light on just how much Jade is still in control. Is she saying "Come with my because my boss has ordered me to retrieve you, beep boop" or is this more like "Come with me and together we can rule the [subset of whatever it is the Condesce is planning to rule]!"?

We haven't seen yet if she's got much regard for her friends like this, assuming her Grimbarkness is like Rose's case of Grimdarkness she should retain most of her personality and preferences and that might mean she'd prefer her friends to cooperate (by submitting).

This could also be a setup for a pretty cool fight scene since without having the drop on Dave I think Time might be one of the only powers that could go toe to toe with Space.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

And we still haven't seen what full-fledged Knight of Time powers can do.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
frankly this seems a good setup for John to actually save the day on his own initiative, as opposed to (thusfar) the luck out or the play along with someone else's mostly-unexplained plan

I mean, he's the protagonist, right?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I like how John has gone from being the most ill-informed player to literally knowing more about the situation than anybody else, real or fictional.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Speaking of knowledge, I wonder where Jade got her knowledge of Roxy's godtier powers? The Condesce is clever, but not smart, so I don't picture her being a font of knowledge about player classes. Lord English is a big dumb brute, so he wouldn't know. And Doc Scratch died without talking to her, so he didn't tell her.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Bobulus posted:

Speaking of knowledge, I wonder where Jade got her knowledge of Roxy's godtier powers? The Condesce is clever, but not smart, so I don't picture her being a font of knowledge about player classes. Lord English is a big dumb brute, so he wouldn't know. And Doc Scratch died without talking to her, so he didn't tell her.

The Condesce has been in the session long enough to get a hold of a few game constructs and "persuade" them to sing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Bobulus posted:

My only thought is Rose's book, which is where Calliope got her information from, but that book should still be on the meteor so that Calliope can discover it in the future. And she clearly knew about it before any of the groups arrived, because Roxy comments that the proposed plan was the same one as before they went into Trickster Mode, so it isn't just Jade happening to know and telling Condesce. Another guess is the Skaia castle, where Rose found many books in [S] Seer: Descend, but again that didn't exist in this session.

Line Feed's suggestion may be the best bet, unless Condesce has some kind of unknown informant who is telling her about the game roles. Otherwise I'm not seeing a way she could know.