Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
Does Marn have a job or dwelling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Does Marn have a job or dwelling?

He was running his own "professional" League of Legends team (unsurprisingly called MRN) until it folded a month or two ago due to lack of tournament success. Now, who knows.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
South East Asia Major is this weekend. Justin and Tokido are there among others that traveled. Schedule and stream links (tried to fix some of the times myself from the SRK schedule; Singapore time is +15h from Pacific time and +12h from Eastern):

Friday
https://www.twitch.tv/toughcookietv
7:00pm (4:00am PDT) – Persona 4 Arena (Till top 4)
7:00pm (4:00am PDT) – BBCSE (Plays till Top 4)
7:00pm (4:00am PDT) – TTT2 (Plays till champion determined)
https://www.twitch.tv/zhieeep
7:00pm (4:00am PDT) – KOF 2002 UM (Plays till champion determined)
7:00pm (4:00am PDT) – Injustice (Plays till top 4) Side Tournament [venue registration]

Day 2 – Saturday (22nd June 2013)
1:00pm (10:00pm PDT) – KOF XIII (Till top 4)
3:00pm (12:00pm PDT) – UMVC 3 (Till Top 8)
6:00pm (3:00am PDT) – SFXTK (Till Champion is determined)
12:00pm (9:00pm PDT) – Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend (top 4)
1:00pm (10:00pm PDT) – Soul Calibur V (Till top 4)
3:00pm (12:00am PDT) – Super Street Fighter IV: 2012 AE (Till Top 16)

Day 3 – Sunday (23rd June 2013)
12:00pm (9:00pm PDT) – Injustice (Top 4)
1:00pm (10:00pm PDT) – UMVC3 (Top 8) – $1,000 Pot bonus
3:00pm (12:00am PDT) – SSFIV AE2012 (Top 16) – $2,000 Pot bonus (Race to 3)
SSFIV:2012AE – Winner and Loser Finals Race to 5
SSFIV:2012AE – Grand Finals Race to 7 deuce rules
1:00pm (10:00pm PDT) – Persona 4 Arena (Top 4)
3:00pm (12:00pm PDT) – KOF XIII (Top 4)
5:00pm (2:00am PDT) – Soul Calibur V (Top 4)

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jun 21, 2013

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

iPodschun posted:

7:00pm (4:00am PDT) – KOF 2002 UM (Plays till champion determined)

Oh my god, what? Is there still a tournament scene for this game that I somehow missed? I am so loving hype, I grew up on kof2002 :dance:

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

troofs posted:

Oh my god, what? Is there still a tournament scene for this game that I somehow missed? I am so loving hype, I grew up on kof2002 :dance:

Every game has a scene somewhere, even the super messed up ones like fist of the north star and sfxt.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
KOF 2002 is still huge in South America, and still has a scene in Asia (though I thought they prefer KOF 98)

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Yeah, most people I've met who still play old KoF games play 98. I didn't really know anybody was still playing tournament level 2002.

I was just playing some 2k2 last night and thinking about all the hours I spent on the cabinet in the back of chinatown-fair back in high school with my friends, seeing this game on stream really gives me the warm fuzzies :3:

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Every game has a scene somewhere, even the super messed up ones like fist of the north star and sfxt.

How dare you put FOTN on the same level as SFxT.

SFxT wishes it could have something as cool as Fatal KOs.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

troofs posted:

Yeah, most people I've met who still play old KoF games play 98. I didn't really know anybody was still playing tournament level 2002.

KOF 2002 is still one of the most widely-played 2d fighting games in the world.
Ever heard of a little thing called GGPO?

97/98 is probably more popular in China and Pakistan, but KOF 2002 (and 2002UM) is still by far the most popular KOF, especially in Mexico, South America, and Japan.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
In case anyone else is wondering what is going on with Twitch today

http://blog.twitch.tv/2013/06/site-outage-passwords-and-stream-keys-reset/

quote:

TL;DR: DON’T PANIC – We were not hacked. Our web CDN made a requested change without obeying our caching ruleset, which resulted in some caching that had a (very, very) slim probability of revealing a limited amount of your account information. To be cautious, we’re changing stream keys and requiring a password reset on your next login. Finally, no payment information was exposed as we do not store any of this information.

We’ll continue to update regarding when the site will be restored, but we wanted to make sure that you change any passwords on other sites that are the same or similar to the password you use on Twitch.

Webb
Dec 28, 2008

Yes I am made from the excrement of spiders what of it
South East Asia Major 2013 is up with some AE

http://www.twitch.tv/toughcookietv

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Bar Battles is on. This is the event with the round robin Marvel exhibition that Fooblat is in.

https://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki
More info http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jun/22/stream-monsters-showdown-and-bar-battles-5-chrisg-yipes-moons-and-more-vote-winner/

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Dieminion's gotten a lot better with his team than the last time I saw him. It doesn't look like three characters working independently any more.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Yipes is fuckin' lit, this owns.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Fooby going out on a high note. :3:

Lavareef
Feb 5, 2009

I'm in a TINY bit of trouble
South East Asia Major SF4 AE Losers Finals about to start with Xian vs Humanbomb

http://www.twitch.tv/toughcookietv

Gamerbee is in Grand Finals from Winners.

Also Xian just beat Tokido :3:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
EVO schedule

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I completely forgot Melee was back in Evo. I might watch that, depending if Wizard doesn't gently caress with the rules for petty sake again.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Persona 4A finishing at 4PM on Friday?
SFxT getting jobbed out to Smash for the last spot on Sunday?
TTT2 getting done on 2PM on Friday? :psyduck:

Wowwwwww.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

just a butt posted:

EVO schedule

People might be mad about it but I'm SO glad for Friday/Saturday finals this year. It'll make Sunday run smoother and stay interesting, and still give most people a chance to watch the finals of the games with less entrants.

Also it's incredible that Melee got 550 entrants, and has so much time on the schedule for it. Really glad to see a 12 year old game with such a huge community get a time to shine on a big stage. Hopefully the FGC will be able to put aside a lot of pettiness and preconceived notions and enjoy it as well.

Shiki Dan posted:

Wowwwwww.

Judging by the time aloted, it looks like SFxT got less entrants than MK9. It really doesn't deserve a Sunday slot, it's a pretty dead game at this point.

e: Wiz confirmed that MK has the least entrants, and TTT2 second least.

Brett824 fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 24, 2013

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

SFxT doesn't deserve any slot at all. I'm just surprised that Capcom didn't throw enough money around for it to get a Sunday slot.

Oh well, I guess they really needed Smash there as the requisite dinner/piss break on Sunday.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Killer Instinct is going to be this year's Playstation All Stars/Injustice piss break isn't it.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
According to Twitter MK9 has the lowest number of entrants, with TTT2 barely coming out ahead.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Awww Tekken and Persona will be on Friday? I dont think Ill be able to watch them. Come on Wizard, Smash finals would probably take more time than both of those combined, just swap their places for me!

Edit: Or just drop SFxT and put Tekken and Persona on Saturday. I think thatll make the largest amount of people happy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's really cool that Melee has 550 entrants and a Sunday spot, even if I don't give a flying gently caress about the game and think that it's dreadful to watch. I just hope neither Wizard nor the Smash community gently caress such a nice accomplishment up.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Tae posted:

I completely forgot Melee was back in Evo. I might watch that, depending if Wizard doesn't gently caress with the rules for petty sake again.

He asked on smashboards what the community thought the best ruleset would be. The response was almost unanimously "APEX rules + wobbling" so that's probably what he'll do.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Jmcrofts posted:

He asked on smashboards what the community thought the best ruleset would be. The response was almost unanimously "APEX rules + wobbling" so that's probably what he'll do.

Can you explain what this means to someone who doesn't know Smash outside of casually playing Brawl with friends?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

ToastyPotato posted:

Can you explain what this means to someone who doesn't know Smash outside of casually playing Brawl with friends?

The apex site has its rulesets listed, but the site is down for maintenence apparently. I have no idea if this is outdated but it's probably close:

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Apex_2012#Melee

And wobbling is just an easy 1 touch kill/semi-infinite Ice Climbers can do off a throw. Some people in the community want it banned, but Ice Climbers have a lot of ways to kill you off 1 throw and Wobbling is just the easiest. Someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not very knowledgeable about smash but this is what I understand.

E: also Wizard said they would probably do shorter matches, maybe 3 stocks/5 minutes since matches take ridiculously long at 4 stocks/8 minutes.

Jmcrofts fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 24, 2013

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Jmcrofts posted:

The apex site has its rulesets listed, but the site is down for maintenence apparently. I have no idea if this is outdated but it's probably close:

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Apex_2012#Melee

And wobbling is just an easy 1 touch kill Ice Climbers can do off a throw. Some people in the community want it banned, but Ice Climbers have a lot of ways to kill you off 1 throw and Wobbling is just the easiest. Someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not very knowledgeable about smash but this is what I understand.

E: also Wizard said they would probably do shorter matches, maybe 3 stocks/5 minutes since matches take ridiculously long at 4 stocks/8 minutes.

e: oh nevermind all that, rules already up here:

http://evo.shoryuken.com/evo-player-guide/evo-additional-rules/

Brett824 fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jun 24, 2013

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
I felt that Smash would definitely be on Sunday, no matter how many entrants it had, just because it won the fundraiser. Skullgirls top 8 is supposed to be on stage too at some point also because of the fundraiser.

Tae posted:

Not that it matters too much, but I believe that when Evo ran Melee before they left the rules mostly untouched from Smash community standard. It was Brawl where they left the items in.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I really wish they left items in for Evo. Just for the anger from the Smash community.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

I really wish they left items in for Evo. Just for the anger from the Smash community.

They already did that once. It was hilarious and lead to some delicious drama, but in this case people did donate money to get the game in so leaving comedy-items on doesnt seem right.

Neenski
Apr 22, 2006
My roommate is watching WWE Raw, and someone's holding a When's Marvel sign behind the announcer table :stare:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Neenski posted:

My roommate is watching WWE Raw, and someone's holding a When's Marvel sign behind the announcer table :stare:

That's pretty funny, but not that surprising. Pretty much all FGC people are wrestling fans. And anime fans.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

That's pretty funny, but not that surprising. Pretty much all FGC people are wrestling fans. And anime fans.

Someone should photoshop anime eyes onto King and use it as an avatar.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Shiki Dan posted:

Wowwwwww.

I'm glad SFXT finals won't be on Sunday. That game is still mad boring to watch. The Friday finals are really early and weird though.

E: Is there a link to the number of entrants?

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 25, 2013

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty
Any Tekken game was always my do something else time so hooray for it being on Friday.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
Only really interested in Tekken, Persona and KoF so I'm glad there's not too much overlap.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I wonder how they're going to stream it all; it was tight enough last year with seven games. Not that I'll really mind too much; I'm really just glad KoF got a Sunday finals slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The KOF Grand Finals were easily the highlight of EVO 2012. I hope we get something equally as hype this year.