Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
oh and its 105 bucks minimum pledge to get the mirror in a beautiful unfinished balsa finish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Al! posted:

oh and its 105 bucks minimum pledge to get the mirror in a beautiful unfinished balsa finish

"now you can lie to yourself for the low cost of 105 bux"

holy gently caress if you look at the other mirrors the purpose is so painfully sad and obvious. they show it as the "portrait model" with a superimposed cartoon camera

these mirrors are for self shooters who are also self conscious lol (also liars)

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I wonder if the curve in the mirror is shaped like this

code:
  ____
_/    \_
So you can hold your phone in the right spot so it doesn't seem wonky

or just take photos with an iphone 5 and tell people it's an iphone 4

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
make a convex one

the negging mirror

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
you can buy those mirrors at just about any shopfitting store too, lots of clothes shops have them

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

http://www.kickstarter.com/blog/we-were-wrong

ban on seduction guides, $25,000 to RAINN

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

holy poo poo this rules

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
cept that the guy still got the money

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
and doesn't the internet love to react like idiots

just gonna keep editing in these quotes they're p funny because the guy who made the kickstarter said poo poo like:

quote:

"Decide that you’re going to sit in a position where you can rub her leg and back. Physically pick her up and sit her on your lap. Don’t ask for permission. Be dominant. Force her to rebuff your advances.”
"Even when a girl rejects your advances, she KNOWS that you desire her. That’s hot. It arouses her physically and psychologically.”

quote:

Jeffrey Dean 24 minutes ago
I dont see a single thing wrong with this. It doesn't promote violence in any way and I honest to god cannot understand how anyone thinks so. Women's magazines are more in depth and sexual than this and you dont see anyone calling them violent or pulling their funding. (hell, they can be found in stores at a height a child can pick up) But when similar tips are directed at men it's suddenly evil? I call BS.

quote:

Mike Maring 20 minutes ago
Your comment that seduction guide encourage "misogynistic" behavior is also incredibly offensive and sexist. How about you treat things equally between the sexes rather than immediately use terminology and words that place men in the immediate spot of wrongdoing? Kickstart, you're disgusting and I'm done with you.

quote:

Jeffrey Dean 20 minutes ago
Now that we've actually seen the quotes in context (Thanks Trevor) it is clear that there was absolutely nothing wrong with this project. Just another example of man-hating feminist hate squad taking down the male equivalent of a common women's magazine because it's ok when a woman does it, but if a guy does it it's suddenly 'rape culture'. Censorship at its finest. Glad the project was funded.

Jeffrey Dean 15 minutes ago
@Alana, because women's magazines don't say almost the exact same things about seducing men. I've read the drat things but I guess it's perfectly OK giving women advice to push men hard. Also, you are once again ripping the quote out of context and ignoring the fact that the FULL quote continues to say "If she says no, stop immediately and tell her you don't want to do anything that would make her uncomfortable." You're cherry picking to make this look as bad as possible. That is proof you're being disingenuous in your agenda.

why would you make these kind of comments at all, but with your real name and picture next to them, for fucks sake you are dumb

shocked reply of the guy who started the kickstarter of people "taking things outo f context" http://pastebin.com/zwHYzCZe
his original draft of the material: [url]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:40tT3neK7egJ:https://www.reddit.com/r/seduction/comments/1dvnem/above_the_game_part_7_physical_escalation_sex[/url]

quote:

Pull out your cock and put her hand on it. Remember, she is letting you do this because you have established yourself as a LEADER. Don't ask for permission, GRAB HER HAND, and put it right on your dick.

holy gently caress this is terrible i should've been keeping up on this one before because loooool

hubris.height fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 21, 2013

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

hubris.height posted:

and doesn't the internet love to react like idiots

why would you make these kind of comments at all, but with your real name and picture next to them, for fucks sake you are dumb

because they actually believe it. they actually believe men have it hard and that all women love to be groped by random dudes and you just need the right passphrase to not be cripplingly lonely and the reason they are still alone is they just havent learned the magic words yet

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yeah that's probably it

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

execute all MRAs

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

hubris.height posted:

his original draft of the material: [url]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/....

btw you don't need to use a webcache of that page, the guy literally only took it down until it successfully completed then restored it asap

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

The good thing is that the puas and misogynists are by definition morally weak and therefore less likely to boycott Kickstarter the next time some sexy child manga project gets put up than a reasonable person

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

dur posted:

execute all MRAs

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i've been following r/seduction and tofu tofu for ages and i could not be more pleased with how this has turned out

i wish he hadn't gotten the money but oh well.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

chumpchous posted:

i've been following r/seduction and tofu tofu for ages and i could not be more pleased with how this has turned out

please tell me theyre losing their goddamn minds at this """discrimination"""

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
party is just getting started

http://www.reddit.com/r/seduction/comments/1gsuny/above_the_game_almost_stopped_by_kickstarter_why/

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

quote:

This is an example of people outside of the seduction community reacting to something that they can't comprehend.
Kickstarter and Hacker News (by ycombinator), are full of people who are "nice guys". They play by social norms.
They don't like the idea that their thinking about women and the opposite sex is wrong or misinformed.
So, when their world is exposed to seduction, they can't really comprehend it.
I don't want to overly criticize those communities, they are full of successful, smart and creative people. But, while they think against convention in terms of business and technology, they do not get what seduction is about.
It is just a microcosm of how society in general looks at seduction.
They don't see it as a bunch of guys trying to learn how to date beautiful, fun, and awesome girls. They see it as a bunch of guys trying to get laid and "get back" at girls.
Whatever.
Seduction is what you make it. Like almost anything, it can be good, bad, horrible, amazing, or neutral.

ow

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

dur posted:

execute all MRAs

i get this is being said in jest but its a really dumb sentiment
i mean in general they're wrong but still people
i don't want to execute all _____ for anything

except you, for youre posting

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
execute all for anything

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

super nice of kickstarter to wait until after the point of no return to have a crisis of conscience and play the whole 'well theres nothing we can do now!!' card i guess

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i think we just need to do that punishment thing from black mirror where the criminals are forced to relive their crimes except we'll give them sex changes and make them live in don drapers office

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

way to not get the point of that episode of black mirror i guess idk

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Dr. Honked posted:

execute all for anything

see now this i can get behind

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

super nice of kickstarter to wait until after the point of no return to have a crisis of conscience and play the whole 'well theres nothing we can do now!!' card i guess

hm yes they should have instantly made a snap decision instead of thinking anything through

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

hm yes they should have instantly made a snap decision instead of thinking anything through

and to add to this they donated the exact same amount of money that hack set for the books goal to an organization that will do a poo poo load mroe than that fat rear end will do with his money.

but it is lovely it came to this

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

kickstarter will normally take a 5% cut of your total, but legend tells of a special loophole that can reduce it to -150%...

edit: nm it just goes to some charity or w/e >:(

dimebag dinkman fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 21, 2013

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

yeah they should have anyone with an ounce of insight would've seen what a horrible idea it was to let them fund. but they honestly seem to feel bad and have taken steps to make amends

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

because they actually believe it. they actually believe men have it hard and that all women love to be groped by random dudes and you just need the right passphrase to not be cripplingly lonely and the reason they are still alone is they just havent learned the magic words yet

tell me the words plox tia

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
"do you have stairs in your house"

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Dear everybody,

On Wednesday morning Kickstarter was sent a blog post quoting disturbing material found on Reddit. The offensive material was part of a draft for a “seduction guide” that someone was using Kickstarter to publish. The posts offended a lot of people — us included — and many asked us to cancel the creator’s project. We didn’t.

We were wrong.

Why didn’t we cancel the project when this material was brought to our attention? Two things influenced our decision:

• The decision had to be made immediately. We had only two hours from when we found out about the material to when the project was ending. We’ve never acted to remove a project that quickly.
  • Our processes, and everyday thinking, bias heavily toward creators. This is deeply ingrained. We feel a duty to our community — and our creators especially — to approach these investigations methodically as there is no margin for error in canceling a project. This thinking made us miss the forest for the trees.

These factors don’t excuse our decision but we hope they add clarity to how we arrived at it.

Let us be 100% clear: Content promoting or glorifying violence against women or anyone else has always been prohibited from Kickstarter. If a project page contains hateful or abusive material we don’t approve it in the first place. If we had seen this material when the project was submitted to Kickstarter (we didn’t), it never would have been approved. Kickstarter is committed to a culture of respect.

Where does this leave us?

First, there is no taking back money from the project or canceling funding after the fact. When the project was funded the backers’ money went directly from them to the creator. We missed the window.

Second, the project page has been removed from Kickstarter. The project has no place on our site. For transparency’s sake, a record of the page is cached here.

Third, we are prohibiting “seduction guides,” or anything similar, effective immediately. This material encourages misogynistic behavior and is inconsistent with our mission of funding creative works. These things do not belong on Kickstarter.

Fourth, today Kickstarter will donate $25,000 to an anti-sexual violence organization called RAINN. It’s an excellent organization that combats exactly the sort of problems our inaction may have encouraged.

We take our role as Kickstarter’s stewards very seriously. Kickstarter is one of the friendliest, most supportive places on the web and we’re committed to keeping it that way. We’re sorry for getting this so wrong.

Thank you,

Kickstarter

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Al! posted:

yeah they should have anyone with an ounce of insight would've seen what a horrible idea it was to let them fund. but they honestly seem to feel bad and have taken steps to make amends

you're an idiot and have no idea how the world works

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

this is a very complicated thing because kickstarter has to remain as content-neutral as possible to maintain legitimacy, and 2 hours isn't enough time for anybody of any authority within the organization to be brought fully up to speed such that a decision can be made

2 hours

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Kickstarter posted:

that's probably the most diplomatic way they could have handled it. reddit must be going berserk

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

hubris.height posted:

i get this is being said in jest but its a really dumb sentiment
i mean in general they're wrong but still people
i don't want to execute all _____ for anything

except you, for youre posting

oh my god get out gbs morality brigade

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
[–]huntermanson 9 points 36 minutes ago
TBH, I don't really see a problem.
Reasoning:
Publicity is publicity. Feminists and white knights aren't going to buy Above the Game anyway, so who gives a poo poo what they think or how Kickstarter panders to them? If anything, a negative viral campaign will raise awareness for Tofu's book in PUA communities outside of seddit, who will still buy the book.
Tofu got his money! That's what we've all been working toward, and that's what's important. The book will get published and TofuTofu won't starve this year.
Some probably very helpful charity which most likely doesn't gently caress with the PUA community at all gets 25K, which is great! I loving despise rapists, and I think that this money will get put to good use protecting that which we love and respect, namely women.
We really shouldn't take this all out attack on Seddit personally, it's just mob psychology and a lack of understanding. This will all be over soon enough
We all, on a whole, have more fun, more healthy, and more intimate relationships with women than the people who are hating! And I wouldn't have it any other way!

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

[–]matrix2002 5 points 49 minutes ago*
This is an example of people outside of the seduction community reacting to something that they can't comprehend.
Kickstarter and Hacker News (by ycombinator), are full of people who are "nice guys". They play by social norms.
They don't like the idea that their thinking about women and the opposite sex is wrong or misinformed.
So, when their world is exposed to seduction, they can't really comprehend it.
I don't want to overly criticize those communities, they are full of successful, smart and creative people. But, while they think against convention in terms of business and technology, they do not get what seduction is about.
It is just a microcosm of how society in general looks at seduction.
They don't see it as a bunch of guys trying to learn how to date beautiful, fun, and awesome girls. They see it as a bunch of guys trying to get laid and "get back" at girls.
Whatever.
Seduction is what you make it. Like almost anything, it can be good, bad, horrible, amazing, or neutral.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Kickstarter and Hacker News (by ycombinator), are full of people who are "nice guys".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

[–]TofuTofu [score hidden] 5 minutes ago
Here is the first, of many, responses that are coming from me: http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/21/ken-hoinsky-above-game-kickstarter

someone tell me if that's any good

• Locked thread