Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

fatherboxx posted:

Some awesome art by Tony Moore:

Has Tony Moore ever drawn a Dredd comic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kurzon posted:

Has Tony Moore ever drawn a Dredd comic?

Only as a commission.

Somewhere between early Dillon and Brian Bolland. Get him on the drat job.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I wonder how many examples there are of that view through bullet hole shot.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
If someone has some good starter images, I'd like to suggest a thread covering covered covers: Dedicated to homages and very similarly themed comic covers from throughout the years.

Sort of like how when Spider-Man #1 and Spawn #1 came out years ago, we got a lot of similarly designed 'crouching figure' covers all over the place. Or the number of covers where they'll use the Cyclops leaving the X-men walking away pose from Uncanny #138 like New Mutants #100 did.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I wonder how many examples there are of that view through bullet hole shot.

Not quite the same, but I remembered this X-Factor cover by Quesada:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Madrox posted:

Not quite the same, but I remembered this X-Factor cover by Quesada:

The millions of teeth thing makes me laugh every time I see it.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Ha....Spidey's chinless head is terrible, here. Looks like a lamprey trying to suck a spandex mask.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

A friend of mine was posting about how his kid wanted to have lego Spider-man marry lego Venom and said he was against it because heroes shouldn't marry villains. I couldn't remember if Venom was still a bad guy, or had maybe reformed so I was googling around and...

DEAR GOD :stonk:

Who could look at that and think "drat that's a fine Venom(ette)"?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

While venom is a good guy, Spider-man is Doc Ock. The marriage was never meant to be :(

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 21, 2013

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

a kitten posted:

I don't think you're supposed to find it attractive.

If it's to cause a weird dichotomy of "nice butt" and "well I'm going to have Freudian nightmares for months" then the art succeeded.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
You might even wonder if the text about 'sexist pervo pigs' is partly directed at readers who have to ask why female venom isn't sexy enough.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
The guy with the bat just looks so enthusiastic. :haw:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Bubble-T posted:

You might even wonder if the text about 'sexist pervo pigs' is partly directed at readers who have to ask why female venom isn't sexy enough.

While also being in an Eicher-Girls 'boobs and but facing the reader' human origami pose. :allears:

Mar 27, 2003

It had no choice. Their defense grid was smashed. We'd won. Taking out Carr then would make no difference. Skynet had to wipe out his entire existence!

Bubble-T posted:

I was thinking about how ironic it was that she was calling out 'sexist pervo pigs' while the page depicts her in a broke back pose.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

7744 posted:

I was thinking about how ironic it was that she was calling out 'sexist pervo pigs' while the page depicts her in a broke back pose.

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=336

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Reminder: Francesco Francavilla illustrated this week's Batwoman.

Mar 27, 2003

It had no choice. Their defense grid was smashed. We'd won. Taking out Carr then would make no difference. Skynet had to wipe out his entire existence!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I hope he throws a rock at them.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

the George Washington of breadfucking

a kitten posted:

A friend of mine was posting about how his kid wanted to have lego Spider-man marry lego Venom and said he was against it because heroes shouldn't marry villains. I couldn't remember if Venom was still a bad guy, or had maybe reformed so I was googling around and...

DEAR GOD :stonk:

in mah V-boi Stance

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Teenage Fansub posted:

I don't know why Croc seems like such a natural foe for Batwoman.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Because she's been fighting animal people since her debut.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Bloody Holly posted:

in mah V-boi Stance

I looked at this and thought, "What is wrong with this picture?" and then realized, "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING" :dance:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Baron Bifford posted:

A little more of Dejah Thoris, it seems that on the cover of issue 30, she has lost her nipples.

This reminds me. Any time I go into a comic store I play the game of "Spot the sexism" with my friends. Just count how many obscenely misogynistic comic book covers you can find. The total is always so depressingly high :smith:. And if you venture in the manga section? Forget it. You'll lose count after the first shelf.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Tracula posted:

This reminds me. Any time I go into a comic store I play the game of "Spot the sexism" with my friends. Just count how many obscenely misogynistic comic book covers you can find. The total is always so depressingly high :smith:. And if you venture in the manga section? Forget it. You'll lose count after the first shelf.

Playing a "game" like that is sort of self-fulfilling, though. If you LOOK for something offensive, you WILL find it. Doesn't have to be sexist, it can be anything, and you will find it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mister Roboto posted:

Playing a "game" like that is sort of self-fulfilling, though. If you LOOK for something offensive, you WILL find it. Doesn't have to be sexist, it can be anything, and you will find it.

Oh, word? :rolleyes:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Baron Bifford posted:

A little more of Dejah Thoris, it seems that on the cover of issue 30, she has lost her nipples.

Or she she is carrying a basketball.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Or they were painted out at publishing time (most likely I think). While yeah the Dejah Thoris stuff is pretty deplorable, Jay Anacleto has awesome technique and is great with anatomy and faces and miscellaneous textures. You'll never see stuff this well-crafted coming from Greg Horn/Land.

Pretty cheesecake but hey that's Dagger's ridiculous costume design - great face though:

An adorable Zatanna :allears:

About the classiest Shanna depiction I've ever seen (still pretty cheesecake but she has the physique for it)

A really great She-Hulk drawing:

I'm not saying he doesn't use photo references but he's just an awesome penciler.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 22, 2013

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

7744 posted:

I hope he throws a rock at them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEdg4glpCkg

God I love Croc.

Lord Humongus
Apr 10, 2009

ice ice baby :toot:

Except that's Batman.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Bloody Holly posted:

in mah V-boi Stance

I get the point, but it's Venom. Probably one of the only times you could call that kind of weirdness justified.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Batman Superman #1 is a pretty, pretty thing.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

That's a weird looking Catwoman.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

You'd probably be screaming too if you were being showered with shards of broken glass the size of dinner plates.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Alhazred posted:

"MRRREEOOWWWRR!"

Is all I can imagine that face saying.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

No, this is a weird looking Catwoman:

(don't know who drew that hot mess, but it's from an in-house DC ad)

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST
This is from Issue 1 of a 3 part April O'Neil miniseries, published by Archie in 1993. Bob Fingerman was the artist responsible and he's normally pretty good, so I can only assume he must've hated drawing these characters.

The other two issues aren't much better. I think that's supposed to be April in the helmet there...

Oh dear lord.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Castle Radium posted:

This is from Issue 1 of a 3 part April O'Neil miniseries, published by Archie in 1993. Bob Fingerman was the artist responsible and he's normally pretty good, so I can only assume he must've hated drawing these characters.

The other two issues aren't much better. I think that's supposed to be April in the helmet there...

Oh dear lord.

These look hilarious. Look at all of their frog faces.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

redbackground posted:

No, this is a weird looking Catwoman:

(don't know who drew that hot mess, but it's from an in-house DC ad)

The blob has swallowed Catwoman's head:ohdear:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Is this what happened to the MAX imprint? Cause...drat!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Does Phoenix usually have her shaven girl junk all out front like that?

Apparently the MAX version does:

What the gently caress is this poo poo Marvel? Thanks for taking one of your few female characters that has a classy costume and making her into jerk fodder for anime nerds!

ps those faces look like they were trying to mimic Cartoon Network flash cartoons or some poo poo. Totally out of whack with the way the body is rendered, and especially what the gently caress is up with the nose on the cover of #1.

I just can't get over them deleting the panties on issue 3, I guess that "Pull Here" ripcord flap on the issue 1 cover got yanked.

pps eyebrows over the hair, holy loving poo poo that is some low effort anime bullshit

Ugh apparently the whole thing is just Phoenix all hentai'd up:
:nws: http://www.dailyraider.com/index.php?id=4104 :nws: <-- a really lovely review that is absolutely worse than you'd expect

Marvel actually allowed this crap? It's pretty much the worst bullshit I've ever seen out of them ever.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
I think that was a shortly-dead anime phase the MAX line tried. It's pretty forgotten these days.