Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Joe Don Baker posted:

Hasn't Robin admitted "some of the book" was a fabrication?

Yes. I bought a copy used on Amazon like 5 years ago, and its terrible. Poorly written, and outside of the molestation stuff, boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

haljordan posted:

Here, have ten loving hours of Scott the Engineer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z-lpFOegkM

The video title should really be "Best of Making Fun of Scott the Engineer".

Is this your channel? There's a ton (or "tonne") of stuff on there.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Sasquatch! posted:

Is this your channel? There's a ton (or "tonne") of stuff on there.

Nah I just stumbled across it the other day. It's a great channel if you're new to Stern though, guys got "Best of" for almost everyone.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yes. I bought a copy used on Amazon like 5 years ago, and its terrible. Poorly written, and outside of the molestation stuff, boring.

The best part about that book was Jackie doing dramatic readings from it. I still laugh thinking about it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Djarum posted:

The best part about that book was Jackie doing dramatic readings from it. I still laugh thinking about it.

They played a few clips of those during the Impressions Week recently. Funny poo poo.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

Fred is boring and nobody cares about his Martian life.

If Fred actually opened up and talked up stuff like his childhood and abusive Latvian father it could make a good book but he'll never do it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The Stern show still relies pretty heavily on unpaid interns, don't they? This could be troublesome.

Judge Rules That Movie Studio Should Have Been Paying Interns

quote:

A Federal District Court judge in Manhattan ruled on Tuesday that Fox Searchlight Pictures had violated federal and New York minimum wage laws by not paying production interns, a case that could upend the long-held practice of the film industry and other businesses that rely heavily on unpaid internships.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

prefect posted:

The Stern show still relies pretty heavily on unpaid interns, don't they? This could be troublesome.

Judge Rules That Movie Studio Should Have Been Paying Interns

It's technically been illegal for years - especially since the Stern Show makes money off of the interns work (appearing on the show, taking calls, being on The Intern Show, etc). I'm glad a judge finally ruled on this and I hope it forces companies to actually pay their interns.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

kylej posted:

chiz i would gladly contribute towards you getting a tattoo of ronnie mund getting a tattoo

Nice! I gotta lollipop for you.

Also Ronnie can have a baby's head in his mouth if you want.

If you guys want to pay for it pick a studio in MA or RI.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
Howard was great on Fallon, he was bombing a little when he tried to goof on Jimmy for playing video games as if it's an unusual thing in 2013 but then saying call of duty is just white punks calling each other the "N" word "I'd like to hear them say that to the Roots!"

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
I'm not sure if The Roots playing Morrissey's "Get Off The Stage" is a subtle dig at Howard for giving them hell last time, or a reference to AGT.

Hopefully both?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Wasco Jr. posted:

Howard was great on Fallon, he was bombing a little when he tried to goof on Jimmy for playing video games as if it's an unusual thing in 2013 but then saying call of duty is just white punks calling each other the "N" word "I'd like to hear them say that to the Roots!"

I don't get it Robin, why doesn't everyone just stay indoors and play chess and take pictures like adults?

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Wasco Jr. posted:

Which was uncomfortable, plus he said he was "on this call of duty" and he never was. It was the staff.

can someone post some Artie clips? Or a good youtube channel for them?

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
He was bullshitting but it was a good save. It probably doesn't need to be said but Howard talking about the loving Bachelorette is the worst, yes Howard you're insecure about your appearance so keep reminding your trophy wife that the only reason those guys are so hot is because they don't have money.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Artie's still got a radio show, right? James Gandolfini is dead, so you can bet there will be a lot of Italian/mobster talk.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

I've been listening to the All Out Show more on Sirius these days, it's pretty funny unlike the Stern Show.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

I've been listening to the All Out Show more on Sirius these days, it's pretty funny unlike the Stern Show.

That show is awesome. Rude Jude is loving hilarious, and Lord Sear is just a total loser, but his background noise is so perfect.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

prefect posted:

Artie's still got a radio show, right? James Gandolfini is dead, so you can bet there will be a lot of Italian/mobster talk.

I am assuming Howard is on vacation next week to prepare for the July 4th vacation week.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

chiz posted:

Which was uncomfortable, plus he said he was "on this call of duty" and he never was. It was the staff.

It would've been really interesting for him to stop the show cold to explain the entire bit from the air. You really called him out on his bullshit!

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Qaz Kwaz posted:

It would've been really interesting for him to stop the show cold to explain the entire bit from the air. You really called him out on his bullshit!

It's too difficult to say "my staff's on this call of duty and all people do is say the EN word"?

I'm not trying to call him out. I love the show, even in the state it's in. Everyone who reads and or posts in here does. I'm just talking poo poo and isn't that what all of us faggots on the internet do?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Teddy is no longer a SIRIUS employee: https://twitter.com/NotMyBro/status/347518370293362688

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Teddy was saying on Back Office Radio (you know, the best show on 101) that ideally he would be quitting Sirius by sometime this year and focusing on opening a bar.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

-Atom- posted:

Teddy was saying on Back Office Radio (you know, the best show on 101) that ideally he would be quitting Sirius by sometime this year and focusing on opening a bar.

He's gonna wind up less successful than Grillo. :(

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Oh so he's going to focus on flushing all his money down the shitter and eventually declaring bankruptcy.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

haljordan posted:

Oh so he's going to focus on flushing all his money down the shitter and eventually declaring bankruptcy.

The Stern Show will hire him back as an unpaid intern.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Isn't Teddy's family impossibly wealthy and he really has no need to work? I remember them talking about he would take crazy spur of the moment trips with his wife to Europe to celebrate Oktoberfest or something similar.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

ultraviolence123 posted:

Isn't Teddy's family impossibly wealthy and he really has no need to work? I remember them talking about he would take crazy spur of the moment trips with his wife to Europe to celebrate Oktoberfest or something similar.

You're right in some respect, although I was under the impression that it was his wife's family that were wealthy.

But yeah, he went to Europe like 3 times in one year just cause.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Part of it is that he (or his wife) have a lot of family over there as well.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

It's because he was stealing from Artie.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
If I was rich and didn't have to work I think working three days a week on Stern would be awesome

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Wasco Jr. posted:

If I was rich and didn't have to work I think working three days a week on Stern would be awesome

Don't they still make the drones come in five days a week?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

If I was already super rich there is no loving way in hell I would put up with a guy like Stern as my boss. Although I guess depending on the situation or what day of the week it was, he wouldn't be my boss.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

FogHelmut posted:

It's because he was stealing from Artie.

He was never loving stealing from that paranoid junkie.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Don't they still make the drones come in five days a week?

When they talk on wrap up show it sounds like only Howard and Robin don't come in. I've heard Benjy frequently talk about working with Fred (since he is the head writer I guess?) on Fridays.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

gently caress you guys for getting me addicted to ETM's Twitter feed. I don't even use my Twitter account these days, but when someone posted a direct link to his feed, I bookmarked it, and now whenever I need a little laugh I pull it up. That guy can't go more then a few hours without a psychotically angry, all-caps reply.

Good poo poo.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

When they talk on wrap up show it sounds like only Howard and Robin don't come in. I've heard Benjy frequently talk about working with Fred (since he is the head writer I guess?) on Fridays.

Jason Kaplan called out Gary for not coming in either.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Wasn't the whole reason Artie physically attacked Teddy was because Teddy kept asking him for his SSN too many times or some banal garbage like that?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Manifest posted:

He was never loving stealing from that paranoid junkie.

Heroin induced delusions aside, Artie still paid him $500 to put a few songs on his iPod.

Not that that is stealing.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

haljordan posted:

Wasn't the whole reason Artie physically attacked Teddy was because Teddy kept asking him for his SSN too many times or some banal garbage like that?

The incident that directly led to the conversation on the air, and then the attack, was that Teddy left Artie's passport in a copy machine. It unfolded that Artie had lent Teddy a substantial amount of money which had not yet been paid back. The heroin fueled most of it, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

The incident that directly led to the conversation on the air, and then the attack, was that Teddy left Artie's passport in a copy machine. It unfolded that Artie had lent Teddy a substantial amount of money which had not yet been paid back. The heroin fueled most of it, of course.

OK got it, yeah I remember now it had something to do with a passport.

Artie is so goddamned bizarre. He gets fat doing coke and LOANS out money while hooked on heroin. A good friend of mine was severely addicted to heroin and he wasn't giving anyone one red cent unless it was for more drugs, that's all I know.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 21, 2013