Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

So is Zod's trait supposed to be kind of like Eddie from Guilty Gear?

Because if so: :getin:

He looks pretty neat all around though, I'm glad they didn't Shannonize him right off the bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
They kept his "kneel before Zod" quote! :downs:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Zod is a man of the people! THEY LOVE HIM! THEY REALLY LOVE HIM!

E; If he did show up in the world of Injustice and kick Superman's rear end, he actually probably would be loved by all. That's pretty funny.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
MoS skin for Superman

I guess that one for Zod is possible then.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I just hope ANY of the DLC dudes get alt costumes. It makes it a pain in the butt to do mirror matches.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Picking the same costume as your opponent is my favorite aspect of the mirror match metagame. I'll try to hook up my 360 (Last of us owns) for tonight's matches.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

MoS skin for Superman

I guess that one for Zod is possible then.

Enough Superman and Batman outfits, where's my Sinestro and Black Adam. :qq:

Also I wouldn't mind a pack for the DLC peeps eventually. Give Scorpion a Classic or something, give Pirate Captain Lobo, one of Batgirl's many variations and Zod has a handful of good choices.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Are we having an actual tournament or just fights? If it's a tournament I'm there.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Playing through the story mode after playing a good amount of Versus with friends, and holy freaking god, this is bad. Not that I should expect much from a fighting game's story mode, but this story is all over the place. Oh well. At least Versus mode is still a ton of fun. And as long as I can use that dead pig on the conveyor belt as an environmental attack, I don't care what mode I'm playing.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

Blast Fantasto posted:

Are we having an actual tournament or just fights? If it's a tournament I'm there.

A tournament with brackets and winners and losers and prizes. Not really prizes though.

Here's the sign up: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/Hp7Rkr6F8F

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Aww man, I wanna play in the tournament, but I likely won't be able to make it. :(

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK
Yea sux, I got D&D tonight otherwise I'd attend fo sho.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
I really only made this one as a placeholder to kind of get an idea of when a good time/day would be. I am available at 10pm CST on most days. If people sign up and show up though it will be ran.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.
I'm well interested in this. I signed up mainly because it's been a long time since I played with goons. I'm looking forward to seeing how well I've caught up with Green Lantern.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

IronMcHardSteel posted:

A tournament with brackets and winners and losers and prizes. Not really prizes though.

Here's the sign up: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/Hp7Rkr6F8F

Where's the PS3 tournamente? :mad:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/348183395072884736

I can't believe that this wasn't intentional, so I guess that MMH is a lock now.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
MMH was a lock ever since they announced that they weren't going to put him in the second poll because he would steal all the votes.

I mean how cruel would you have to be to zoom in on MMH at the end of that Scorpion video and then not ever bring him to the game? Ed Boon likes to troll, but that's just mean.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

Krad posted:

Where's the PS3 tournamente? :mad:

Since I can't play in it I'm not gonna organize it. One of y'all ps3'ers can though! It's easy!

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Since I can't play in it I'm not gonna organize it. One of y'all ps3'ers can though! It's easy!

I know, I'm just saying we should have one too. :)

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Quick question, do you guys think this game is worth $35? My local Wal-Mart has it in stock, and I'm debating picking it up.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

LordHippoman posted:

Quick question, do you guys think this game is worth $35? My local Wal-Mart has it in stock, and I'm debating picking it up.

It's worth $35 but you can probably find it even cheaper if you hunt around online.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

LordHippoman posted:

I'd say definitely. I pre-ordered it like a dummy for the sweet, sweet Red Son skins, which means I paid the full 60$, and even though I have several minor complaints, I feel like I got my money's worth. Of course, if you can find it cheaper, more power to you.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Is there a way to make separate brackets? You know, Bracket A is PS3 players and Bracket B is 360. If not, For that Goon League: Zods of War tournament that was proposed, I'll be sure to make one for both consoles.

Also, I'll be on for some pre-game tom foolery. Come fight me and make jokes at Batman's expense.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

Unbound posted:

Is there a way to make separate brackets? You know, Bracket A is PS3 players and Bracket B is 360.

Yeah. Make two tournaments.

Sign up for the 360 one tonight here: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/Hp7Rkr6F8F

Sign ups will be open until start time(10pm CST). Then the seeds will be randomized. Please be in the IRC channel if you are playing so we can all communicate important tournament junk. The server is irc.synirc.net and the channel is #SAInjustice . If you don't have an IRC client use https://www.mibbit.com

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Unbound posted:

Also, I'll be on for some pre-game tom foolery. Come fight me and make jokes at Batman's expense.

The goonroom is just a random guy beating up on lowbies atm :smith:

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Haha GoonsAmungUs on XBL is full of people but I don't think any of them are goons? I'm in there as gimeaRUBDOWN if anyone wants to 1v1, there's still a high ranked guy just destroying lowbies in king of the hill :laffo:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Holy Calamity! posted:

Haha GoonsAmungUs on XBL is full of people but I don't think any of them are goons? I'm in there as gimeaRUBDOWN if anyone wants to 1v1, there's still a high ranked guy just destroying lowbies in king of the hill :laffo:

I'll be there soon, just jumpin into the #irc for the games tonight.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I just signed up on challonge, looking forward

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Who's ready to see a Grundy lose in the first round?

It will be like other tournaments!

I haven't played in a couple weeks so this probably will not go well.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I wish I could join the tourney but I gotta head out in ~30 mins :( Next time!

Also we should get someone who can stream to join a KOTH lobby with the people who fight :ssh:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

So remember that leak of AmeComi costumes for Catwoman, Harley, and Wonder Woman? Apparently those are for the upcoming Japanese release. Doesn't say if it will be released elsewhere, but it's pretty cool to see them throwing Japan a bone.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I told you guys that I would lose spectacularly, and I did dammit.

0-4.

I need to start playing more and probably pick up a new character.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

4th out of 7 (1-2 sets, 3-4 matches) is quite fine. Good games to ErrantElement/AndyElusive/Sinestros Among Us, DarkTzitzimine, and Unbound.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I told you guys that I would lose spectacularly, and I did dammit.

0-4.

I need to start playing more and probably pick up a new character.

How about Lobo? :getin:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

How about Lobo? :getin:

I'm hoping I like Zod.

I just hate Lobo as a character. It has nothing to do with how he is in this game, I just remember him as being everything I hated in comics in the 90s.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

deepshock posted:

4th out of 7 (1-2 sets, 3-4 matches) is quite fine. Good games to ErrantElement/AndyElusive/Sinestros Among Us, DarkTzitzimine, and Unbound.

GGs! Sinestros Amung Us got me though... GGs to him. He beat me round one 2-1 and then again for second place at 3-2. Should have tried to zone you out again instead of getting cocky.

Edit: would you mind posting a link to the video that contained our match? It was a really good fight that first round.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jun 22, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

deepshock posted:

Great Games to you too!

I need to up my game against good GL but they're kind of rare to find.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Matches I recorded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?_OH_anw1kBI
(Errant Element: Sinestros Among Us.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTOklDFknzI
(DarkTzitzimine (Bane) and Unbound (Scorpion))

deepshock fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jun 22, 2013

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
Thanks to everyone that participated. It was a lot of fun. I'm uploading all the videos I got now and will link them when they're up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Thanks to everyone that participated. It was a lot of fun. I'm uploading all the videos I got now and will link them when they're up.

Awesome! Can't wait to analyze my matches vs AndyElusive: Sinestro Sinestro Sinestro.

Which reminds me, if the winner wants to post a link to their steam profile, I can gift them their Grand Prize of 9 DotA 2 Keys.

• Locked thread