Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

deadtear posted:

Welcome to the kind of poo poo the pub guilds do in front of the TB port on our current backwater of three springs.

See you guys back on Deepwood!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Signing the petition to go back to Deepwood.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

deadtear posted:

Welcome to the kind of poo poo the pub guilds do in front of the TB port on our current backwater of three springs.

hmm yum yum

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

We would need to wait a couple days past our 7 day window to move the guild, to make sure that everyone could follow us immediately. We still have people transferring over now, and I think they get fresh 7 day cooldowns. Anyways, we have no idea what servers will be open for transfer at that point.

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003
I checked out Merridian last night on Three Springs and it felt like the opening scene of 28 Days Later. It's so empty...

HeySka
Jan 3, 2006

...or is it?
My wife and I just started playing Rift again. We have some old level 50 characters but we rolled new ones to check out all the changes. We will be transferring our characters to what ever server you all decide on. Looking forward to having a decent guild for once.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
Look I'm kinda leaning towards Faeblight now, good lord

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
How do they do the giveaways for these videos? Can I just idle in here at work, do I have to pay attention to chat?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

anthonypants posted:

How do they do the giveaways for these videos? Can I just idle in here at work, do I have to pay attention to chat?

Normally you just need to follow the channel and be active in chat in the last 10 minutes

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Kirtan posted:

Look I'm kinda leaning towards Faeblight now, good lord

I bet the faeblight economy would be fun.

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."

anthonypants posted:

They mentioned in this stream that the new method of giveaways is 1.) be in the chat (don't have to chat) and 2.) be following Trion on Twitch. So no need to spam (although people still will), but you have to be following them.

On another topic, what guild level is Everything is Fine right now? And are you guys Defiant or Guardian? Or can have a guild have both in this game?

Oddity fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 21, 2013

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Oddity posted:

They mentioned in this stream that the new method of giveaways is 1.) be in the chat (don't have to chat) and 2.) be following Trion on Twitch. So no need to spam (although people still will), but you have to be following them.

On another topic, what guild level is Everything is Fine right now? And are you guys Defiant or Guardian? Or can have a guild have both in this game?

Both factions are in the guild! You can actually group up with the other faction. Last night I did an expert with a filthy High Elf!

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Invite for Roidimus please!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I bet the faeblight economy would be fun.

faeblight and the economy is decent, you can make a killing just from raid consumables. And I would love goons on the server, our tryhard raid guilds are horrible people and the casual guilds don't raid I am stuck in the middle with a guild that wants to raid but does not push people to manage gear or know their class so its a few people carrying the rest.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

jim truds posted:

I am stuck in the middle with a guild that wants to raid but does not push people to manage gear or know their class so its a few people carrying the rest.

So... goons except carries don't change every week?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

deimos posted:

So... goons except carries don't change every week?

And less dick jokes.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Faeblight needs more dick jokes.

Ekallo
Oct 13, 2006
what

these
Been giving this another go recently since it has gone F2P. Character name is Ekallo.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Stuff from the livestream that I can remember:

- Each calling is getting a new soul, and it will fill in the one thing they can't do (Mage tank, cleric support, rogue heals, warrior heals)
- The next zone added is going to be the plane of water. There will be some swimming but Simon assured us that it won't be a lot of water combat. Per lore, plane of water isn't just water but also nightmares and dreams and stuff.
- They are working on a lot of idea for companions. Being able to level them up, assigning them tasks, autolooting for you, that kind of stuff.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Eltoasto posted:

- They are working on a lot of idea for companions. Being able to level them up, assigning them tasks, autolooting for you, that kind of stuff.

Bag of Holding <Bufus' Companion>

thanks in advance

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
I'd love to see companions both autoloot and do that thing from Torchlight where you can load them down with stuff to sell and then send them off for a brief period.

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

- Each calling is getting a new soul, and it will fill in the one thing they can't do (Mage tank, cleric support, rogue heals, warrior heals)
:aaaaa:
I've been asking for this for so long. It better involve punching or bandaging or setting fire to allies. It better be amazing.

Eltoasto posted:

And that's terrible news, I like money :(. Alistara is going to force me to pay for her crazy pet addition plus all new pet features now.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Amstrad posted:

do that thing from Torchlight where you can load them down with stuff to sell and then send them off for a brief period.

It would take more time than just hitting the "]" key and selling to the store.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Tairon posted:

:aaaaa:
I've been asking for this for so long. It better involve punching or bandaging or setting fire to allies. It better be amazing.

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/382.html

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

- The next zone added is going to be the plane of water. There will be some swimming but Simon assured us that it won't be a lot of water combat. Per lore, plane of water isn't just water but also nightmares and dreams and stuff.

Mage tank.

Mage tank mage tank mage tank mage tank.

This can't come soon enough. This really can't

Cpl. Coldone
Apr 2, 2008
As someone just starting again after only trying beta, this game is really fun.

I still feel a bit lost at all the crap to do after 50 and nto even sure what to do about planar attunement. Though I guess getting the level up thing quite a bit makes it feel like you accomplished something even if your post 50 xp bar is not moving.

I did find a nice place to level foraging, mining and butcher to 300. On the Ember isle is a place called Farhall. It has a bunch of quick spawning rock golems for mining from 265+. There is a place of boars and cats for butchering, and plants and scrap wood for foraging all over. All will take you to 300 if you want.

What was that command for that cross server event stuff. I read it and thought I would remember it and I forgot where I even had seen it at.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Any suggestions for places to mine elemental corpses (after I kill and loot the NPC) for mining skill ~170-225? Finding nodes is becoming difficult!

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

KaneTW posted:

Mage tank.

One positive this will induce is the introduction of a second set of end lessers with int/wis, meaning clerics should likely be given less of the short end of the stick in that manner (when they convert them to the 174 end proc greater).

It'll be pretty interesting though to see how and how well the rogue soul heals. Might further kill 61 bard and kill tacbard in one fell swoop. Or it could be almost entirely single target, which would be interesting in its own way.

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
So, after messing around with F2P for a bit, I found a retail copy of this game and am going to reroll a new character and hopefully get into the guild. What server should I roll on since everything is in flux?

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

mr. nobody posted:

Any suggestions for places to mine elemental corpses (after I kill and loot the NPC) for mining skill ~170-225? Finding nodes is becoming difficult!

The constructs in Iron Pine Peak, I... believe southwest of Whitefall are what you're looking for.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Gejimayu posted:

So, after messing around with F2P for a bit, I found a retail copy of this game and am going to reroll a new character and hopefully get into the guild. What server should I roll on since everything is in flux?

<Everything is Fine> is on Threesprings server, come on and join us!

edit: goon above this post: thank you!

edit2: I might have missed some that were more than a page and a half back, but I have caught up guild invites to this post. Please post again if you have been skipped (check your mail, if you are offline when the invite goes out it gets mailed to you)

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jun 22, 2013

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
In on Threesprings as Siretro

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008

How do you even 69 in a video game?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Looking for a ginvite for Belzoness! :3:

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Globofglob posted:

How do you even 69 in a video game?

Well the :black101: way is to get 69 dwarf corpses into a trunk and throw it at someone. But this game has neither player movable trunks nor corpses, merely dwarf corpses in trunks.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Would like an invite to the goon guild.

Character Name: Tribalplague

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
Could I get an invite for Alava?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

KaneTW posted:

Mage tank.

I never thought trion could make me this happy.

Veola
Apr 22, 2008
Would like an invite for the goon guild. Character Name - Laclare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I'd like an guild invite on Vyria.

• Locked thread